Skip to content

Coach Rumor

The Browns Board
45 17 1.6k 1
  • Would love Sean Payton but isn't going to happen but if we are chatting with Santa I'll settle for Dan Quinn with Kyle Shananahan as OC.

  • Would love Sean Payton but isn't going to happen but if we are chatting with Santa I'll settle for Dan Quinn with Kyle Shananahan as OC.

    @baconhound said:

    Would love Sean Payton but isn't going to happen but if we are chatting with Santa I'll settle for Dan Quinn with Kyle Shananahan as OC.

    Why would Kyle Shanahan leave being a HC in San Francisco to be the OC here?  

  • @baconhound said:

    Would love Sean Payton but isn't going to happen but if we are chatting with Santa I'll settle for Dan Quinn with Kyle Shananahan as OC.

    Why would Kyle Shanahan leave being a HC in San Francisco to be the OC here?  

    @mark-o said:

    Why would Kyle Shanahan leave being a HC in San Francisco to be the OC here?  

    The same Kyle Shanahan who came up with a power point presentation to get out of his contract with the Browns because they were such a dysfunctional mess when he was an OC under Pettine?

  • @alkid3 said:

    Again in your opinion. Browns need to get wins before thinking super bowl. And then playoffs before super bowl we can't just rule this out because it's highly unlikely. 

    Facts are not opinion.  Its happened only one time in NFL history.   That is a fact. 

    @mark-o said:

    Facts are not opinion.  Its happened only one time in NFL history.   That is a fact. 

    Wait...what are we arguing about here?  Whether or not any team has ever gone from  being completely out of the playoffs one year to winning the SB the next?

    I know of at least 2 times it has happened, fairly recently:    1999 Rams went from 4-12 to Super Bowl winner the next year.

    2001 Patriots went from 5-11 to Super Bowl winner the next year.

    There may have been others in the past.

    But if this is not what you are talking about...well...at least you now have this data.

  • @alkid3 said:

    In your opinion

    The facts and stats that only one coach has done it support my opinion that its not the best way to go when looking for a new head coach. 

    @mark-o said:

    The facts and stats that only one coach has done it support my opinion that its not the best way to go when looking for a new head coach. 

    Or are we saying has any coach ever won a title with one team then also won later with another.

    As I think I noted above.....only Weeb Ewbank has ever done this.

    But, Parcells, Holmgren had a chance.

  • ben mcadoo just got fired from the giants, OC candidate?

  • Yep, McAdoo and the GM out.

    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21665997/new-york-giants-fire-coach-ben-mcadoo-two-seasons

    This means that the Giants will get a head start on getting a good coach.

    What are the Browns waiting for?  McAdoo took over the same time as Hue.  He ended up 13-15.    Hue is 1-27 no?

  • @mark-o said:

    The facts and stats that only one coach has done it support my opinion that its not the best way to go when looking for a new head coach. 

    Or are we saying has any coach ever won a title with one team then also won later with another.

    As I think I noted above.....only Weeb Ewbank has ever done this.

    But, Parcells, Holmgren had a chance.

    @the-gipper said:

    Or are we saying has any coach ever won a title with one team then also won later with another.

    As I think I noted above.....only Weeb Ewbank has ever done this.

    But, Parcells, Holmgren had a chance.

    That's what we are talking about.   But apparently since it's once in the last million years, we should still try to bring in a coach who has already won somewhere else because it could happen again.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Or are we saying has any coach ever won a title with one team then also won later with another.

    As I think I noted above.....only Weeb Ewbank has ever done this.

    But, Parcells, Holmgren had a chance.

    That's what we are talking about.   But apparently since it's once in the last million years, we should still try to bring in a coach who has already won somewhere else because it could happen again.

    @mark-o said:

    That's what we are talking about.   But apparently since it's once in the last million years, we should still try to bring in a coach who has already won somewhere else because it could happen again.

    I don't have a problem bringing in a guy that has won a Super Bowl.   It cannot be worse than the detritus that we have had for the last whatever years since 1999. 

    But, if you can bring in somebody that is super...but who has not won before, great.

    But shite.....we all thought we had that guy here 2 years ago when HJ came in.

    Let's put it this way....the ONE thing that has NOT been tried by this team these last 18-20 years was to bring in a PROVEN, championship winning coach.    Not Palmer, Davis, Crennel, Shurmur, Pettine, Mangini, Chudzinski....Jackson.

    WTF...I am willing to give it a try:

    Payton, Cowher, Dungy, Gruden, Parcells, Kubiak, Coughlin, Cowher.    Bring in Brian freeking Billick.  Mike Shanahan.  Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer. Joe Gibbs, Mike Ditka, George Seifert.   Any one of them that is still breathing....Don Shula...Tom Flores, John Madden.  WTF.

    OK, some guys are dead.  We can cross their names off the list.  (Lombardi, Noll, Landry, Walsh, Stram.

    EFFING Hell....bring back Holmgren.....as a Coach only!

  • @baconhound said:

    Would love Sean Payton but isn't going to happen but if we are chatting with Santa I'll settle for Dan Quinn with Kyle Shananahan as OC.

    Why would Kyle Shanahan leave being a HC in San Francisco to be the OC here?  

    @mark-o said:

    Why would Kyle Shanahan leave being a HC in San Francisco to be the OC here?  

    The same reason Sean Payton would leave the Saints, he won't