Skip to content

Coach Rumor

The Browns Board
45 17 1.6k 1
  • ESPN Cleveland are reporting an interesting rumor circulating around the NFL that the Browns next coach could be Sean Peyton ......... I don't see that happening but if it did would you be happy ?

  • ESPN Cleveland are reporting an interesting rumor circulating around the NFL that the Browns next coach could be Sean Peyton ......... I don't see that happening but if it did would you be happy ?

    @darren15 said:

    ESPN Cleveland are reporting an interesting rumor circulating around the NFL that the Browns next coach could be Sean Peyton ......... I don't see that happening but if it did would you be happy ?

    I doubt Peyton comes here unless the saints drop brees. And look at what the saints are doing this year. Alvin kamara and Ingram are dominating. It would be stupid for them to let him go.

  • @darren15 said:

    ESPN Cleveland are reporting an interesting rumor circulating around the NFL that the Browns next coach could be Sean Peyton ......... I don't see that happening but if it did would you be happy ?

    I doubt Peyton comes here unless the saints drop brees. And look at what the saints are doing this year. Alvin kamara and Ingram are dominating. It would be stupid for them to let him go.

    @stillmotion said:

    I doubt Peyton comes here unless the saints drop brees. And look at what the saints are doing this year. Alvin kamara and Ingram are dominating. It would be stupid for them to let him go.

    I agree.  I don't see him leaving New Orleans.   But no, I wouldn't want him.   Same question as always....how many coaches have won a super bowl or NFL championship with 2 different teams?   It ain't a long list.  

    I want the next Sean Peyton.   Find that guy and make him our new coach.

  • ESPN Cleveland really just looking fo clicks?

  • ESPN Cleveland are reporting an interesting rumor circulating around the NFL that the Browns next coach could be Sean Peyton ......... I don't see that happening but if it did would you be happy ?

    @darren15 said:

    ESPN Cleveland are reporting an interesting rumor circulating around the NFL that the Browns next coach could be Sean Peyton ......... I don't see that happening but if it did would you be happy ?

    Rumors are like arseholes.   Most of them are full of shite.

  • This just in....ESPN Cleveland is reporting that the ghost of Vince Lombardi is interested in coaching the Browns.

  • If it is real, I'd take him in a heartbeat...

    Coaches winning a Super Bowl with second team? Really? Thats your expectations for a new HC?

    Ill take a wild card birth...

  • If it is real, I'd take him in a heartbeat...

    Coaches winning a Super Bowl with second team? Really? Thats your expectations for a new HC?

    Ill take a wild card birth...

    @thenew23 said:

    If it is real, I'd take him in a heartbeat...

    Coaches winning a Super Bowl with second team? Really? Thats your expectations for a new HC?

    Ill take a wild card birth...

    It should always be the expectation should it not?  Otherwise, why bother?     Point being....coaches who have won a super bowl basically never win one again with a different team.   It just doesn't happen. 

    I don't want Sean Peyton.  I want the next Sean Peyton.   Whoever that guy is.   Young and hungry to be a head coach not a rich old guy resting on his laurels from winning a super bowl somewhere else (see Holmgren, Mike Cleveland Browns if you need a reference.).

  • @thenew23 said:

    If it is real, I'd take him in a heartbeat...

    Coaches winning a Super Bowl with second team? Really? Thats your expectations for a new HC?

    Ill take a wild card birth...

    It should always be the expectation should it not?  Otherwise, why bother?     Point being....coaches who have won a super bowl basically never win one again with a different team.   It just doesn't happen. 

    I don't want Sean Peyton.  I want the next Sean Peyton.   Whoever that guy is.   Young and hungry to be a head coach not a rich old guy resting on his laurels from winning a super bowl somewhere else (see Holmgren, Mike Cleveland Browns if you need a reference.).

    @mark-o said:

    It should always be the expectation should it not?  Otherwise, why bother?     Point being....coaches who have won a super bowl basically never win one again with a different team.   It just doesn't happen. 

    I don't want Sean Peyton.  I want the next Sean Peyton.   Whoever that guy is.   Young and hungry to be a head coach not a rich old guy resting on his laurels from winning a super bowl somewhere else (see Holmgren, Mike Cleveland Browns if you need a reference.).

    Basically... but you're saying it's possible right? You can say the same thing for QBs. Would you take Aaron Rodgers on our team? Drew Brees? Nobody has won a super bowl on 2 different teams like Peyton Manning.

  • @stillmotion said:

    I doubt Peyton comes here unless the saints drop brees. And look at what the saints are doing this year. Alvin kamara and Ingram are dominating. It would be stupid for them to let him go.

    I agree.  I don't see him leaving New Orleans.   But no, I wouldn't want him.   Same question as always....how many coaches have won a super bowl or NFL championship with 2 different teams?   It ain't a long list.  

    I want the next Sean Peyton.   Find that guy and make him our new coach.

    @mark-o said:

    I agree.  I don't see him leaving New Orleans.   But no, I wouldn't want him.   Same question as always....how many coaches have won a super bowl or NFL championship with 2 different teams?   It ain't a long list.  

    I want the next Sean Peyton.   Find that guy and make him our new coach.

    The Rams got him.

  • If it is real, I'd take him in a heartbeat...

    Coaches winning a Super Bowl with second team? Really? Thats your expectations for a new HC?

    Ill take a wild card birth...

    @thenew23 said:

    If it is real, I'd take him in a heartbeat...

    Coaches winning a Super Bowl with second team? Really? Thats your expectations for a new HC?

    Ill take a wild card birth...

    No coach has ever won a Super Bowl with two teams.   ONLY Weeb Ewbank has won NFL/AFL/AAFC titles with more than one team.

    A few coaches have won with one team and lost with another:

    Don Shula...won with Dolphins, lost with Colts

    Mike Holmgren...won with Packers, lost with Seahawks

    Bill Parcells...won with Giants, lost with Patriots

    finger Vermeil...won with Rams, lost with Eagles

  • Post the link. I can't find anything on this. I call shenanigans. 

  • Also, just FYI...coaches that have lost the most playoff games without ever having won one:
     

    Marvin Lewis:   a record  0-7 in postseason play.

    Jim Mora  Sr.   was 0-6

    Buddy Ryan and Allie Sherman 0-3

    Guys that lost the most postseason games overall?

    Don Shula  17 losses ....but also 19 wins

    Tom Landry  16 losses...but 20 wins

    Marty Schottenheimer   13 losses....but only 5 wins.

  • Post the link. I can't find anything on this. I call shenanigans. 

    @alkid3 said:

    Post the link. I can't find anything on this. I call shenanigans. 

    https://twitter.com/ESPNCleveland/status/936630163961499648

    ESPN Cleveland@ESPNCleveland
    Could the Browns lure a Super Bowl winning coach if they fire Hue Jackson? There's an interesting rumor floating around NFL circles. Miss Grossi? Listen any time: TheLandOnDemand.com
  • @mark-o said:

    It should always be the expectation should it not?  Otherwise, why bother?     Point being....coaches who have won a super bowl basically never win one again with a different team.   It just doesn't happen. 

    I don't want Sean Peyton.  I want the next Sean Peyton.   Whoever that guy is.   Young and hungry to be a head coach not a rich old guy resting on his laurels from winning a super bowl somewhere else (see Holmgren, Mike Cleveland Browns if you need a reference.).

    Basically... but you're saying it's possible right? You can say the same thing for QBs. Would you take Aaron Rodgers on our team? Drew Brees? Nobody has won a super bowl on 2 different teams like Peyton Manning.

    @alkid3 said:

    Basically... but you're saying it's possible right? You can say the same thing for QBs. Would you take Aaron Rodgers on our team? Drew Brees? Nobody has won a super bowl on 2 different teams like Peyton Manning.

    Different situation entirely.   Sure I'd take Brees or Rodgers or Brady or hell..Eli Manning at this point.   Franchise QB's don't switch teams after they've won a super bowl.  It just doesn't happen and if it does, it's when the career is pretty much over.  Peyton being the exception, but his career was pretty much toast when the Broncos signed him and he played well enough not to lose games and the defense carried the team.  

    Coaches leave to go other places and the teams and fans think they're bringing in a super bowl winner because he's done it before somewhere else but it doesn't work out that way.  The hunger isn't there as much to do it the 2nd time.

  • @mark-o said:

    I agree.  I don't see him leaving New Orleans.   But no, I wouldn't want him.   Same question as always....how many coaches have won a super bowl or NFL championship with 2 different teams?   It ain't a long list.  

    I want the next Sean Peyton.   Find that guy and make him our new coach.

    The Rams got him.

    @stillmotion said:

    The Rams got him.

    They did.  But there's probably another one out there somewhere.   Just have to trust the nerds to find him.

  • If he's the 2017 Sean Peyton, then I'd take him in a heartbeat as well.

    After years of being "pass happy", he's fundamentally changed the Saints offensive approach into one worthy of the AFCN. That kind of adaptability is uncommon.

  • ESPN Cleveland are reporting an interesting rumor circulating around the NFL that the Browns next coach could be Sean Peyton ......... I don't see that happening but if it did would you be happy ?

    @darren15 said:

    ESPN Cleveland are reporting an interesting rumor circulating around the NFL that the Browns next coach could be Sean Peyton ......... I don't see that happening but if it did would you be happy ?

    I like to look at the backgrounds in these rumors......and what's more fun than rumors especially with BROWNS football......he does have Midwest roots:

    Career information
    High school: Naperville (IL) Central
    College: Eastern Illinois
    Undrafted: 1987
    Career history
    As player:
    As coach:
    • San Diego State (1988–1989)
      Offensive assistant
    • Indiana State (1990–1991)
      Running backs coach & wide receivers coach
    • San Diego State (1992–1993)
      Running backs coach
    • Miami (OH) (1994–1995)
      Offensive coordinator
    • Illinois (1996)
      Quarterbacks coach
  • Oh a guy from PA I worked with had season tickets to the Pittsburgh Glad-he-ate-hers (as the locals called it) in their short existance, also collected all the merchandise he could get, no real interest with the Steelers in town and they folded.

  • @darren15 said:

    ESPN Cleveland are reporting an interesting rumor circulating around the NFL that the Browns next coach could be Sean Peyton ......... I don't see that happening but if it did would you be happy ?

    I like to look at the backgrounds in these rumors......and what's more fun than rumors especially with BROWNS football......he does have Midwest roots:

    Career information
    High school: Naperville (IL) Central
    College: Eastern Illinois
    Undrafted: 1987
    Career history
    As player:
    As coach:
    • San Diego State (1988–1989)
      Offensive assistant
    • Indiana State (1990–1991)
      Running backs coach & wide receivers coach
    • San Diego State (1992–1993)
      Running backs coach
    • Miami (OH) (1994–1995)
      Offensive coordinator
    • Illinois (1996)
      Quarterbacks coach

    @mjp28 said:

    I like to look at the backgrounds in these rumors......and what's more fun than rumors especially with BROWNS football......he does have Midwest roots:

    Career information
    High school: Naperville (IL) Central
    College: Eastern Illinois
    Undrafted: 1987
    Career history
    As player:
    As coach:
    • San Diego State (1988–1989)
      Offensive assistant
    • Indiana State (1990–1991)
      Running backs coach & wide receivers coach
    • San Diego State (1992–1993)
      Running backs coach
    • Miami (OH) (1994–1995)
      Offensive coordinator
    • Illinois (1996)
      Quarterbacks coach

    Who are you talking about here?