How the hell can you go 1-27.....
-
I would totally agree...... modern history too, none of that "In 1932 the Iowa Hay Balers lost 37 of their first 39 games, before moving to Nome Alaska to become the Nome Ice Cubes where they were disbanded after their 3rd year."
Gotta be modern history's (SB era) worst team....... Although it wouldn't shock me if we couldn't even get that right either.
88 wins in 19 seasons. Averaging less than 5 per year for 19 years, ugh.
88 wins in 19 seasons. Averaging less than 5 per year for 19 years, ugh.
So less than 5 wins per season for 1/5 of a century??? Phuck Me.
I can only hope that Tour, War and a few others are right, and the rest of us are proclaiming them 'The Greatest Browns Fans Ever' in a few years, otherwise..... man I don't even want to think about the otherwise.
-
I agree in every other NFL city this would be a no-brainer but I'm not sure how many teams fit the Browns post 1999. I haven't added it up but it's gotta be the worst 18 year stretch in NFL history.
I would totally agree...... modern history too, none of that "In 1932 the Iowa Hay Balers lost 37 of their first 39 games, before moving to Nome Alaska to become the Nome Ice Cubes where they were disbanded after their 3rd year."
Gotta be modern history's (SB era) worst team....... Although it wouldn't shock me if we couldn't even get that right either.
I would totally agree...... modern history too, none of that "In 1932 the Iowa Hay Balers lost 37 of their first 39 games, before moving to Nome Alaska to become the Nome Ice Cubes where they were disbanded after their 3rd year."
Gotta be modern history's (SB era) worst team....... Although it wouldn't shock me if we couldn't even get that right either.
The New Orleans Saints between 1967-1985 went 83-187-5, for a win % of .311. They did not have one winning season during this stretch.
-
I would totally agree...... modern history too, none of that "In 1932 the Iowa Hay Balers lost 37 of their first 39 games, before moving to Nome Alaska to become the Nome Ice Cubes where they were disbanded after their 3rd year."
Gotta be modern history's (SB era) worst team....... Although it wouldn't shock me if we couldn't even get that right either.
The New Orleans Saints between 1967-1985 went 83-187-5, for a win % of .311. They did not have one winning season during this stretch.
The New Orleans Saints between 1967-1985 went 83-187-5, for a win % of .311. They did not have one winning season during this stretch.
See.... we couldn't even get that right. 🥷
-
I would totally agree...... modern history too, none of that "In 1932 the Iowa Hay Balers lost 37 of their first 39 games, before moving to Nome Alaska to become the Nome Ice Cubes where they were disbanded after their 3rd year."
Gotta be modern history's (SB era) worst team....... Although it wouldn't shock me if we couldn't even get that right either.
The New Orleans Saints between 1967-1985 went 83-187-5, for a win % of .311. They did not have one winning season during this stretch.
The New Orleans Saints between 1967-1985 went 83-187-5, for a win % of .311. They did not have one winning season during this stretch.
There you go, good research. So we are suffering through the 2nd worst stretch in NFL history
-
The New Orleans Saints between 1967-1985 went 83-187-5, for a win % of .311. They did not have one winning season during this stretch.
There you go, good research. So we are suffering through the 2nd worst stretch in NFL history
There you go, good research. So we are suffering through the 2nd worst stretch in NFL history
Don't worry, guys...
We can make it the 1st worst.
-
The New Orleans Saints between 1967-1985 went 83-187-5, for a win % of .311. They did not have one winning season during this stretch.
There you go, good research. So we are suffering through the 2nd worst stretch in NFL history
There you go, good research. So we are suffering through the 2nd worst stretch in NFL history
Not true.
The Browns from 1999-today have gone 88-212-0, for a win % of .293.
-
The New Orleans Saints between 1967-1985 went 83-187-5, for a win % of .311. They did not have one winning season during this stretch.
There you go, good research. So we are suffering through the 2nd worst stretch in NFL history
There you go, good research. So we are suffering through the 2nd worst stretch in NFL history
Don't worry, guys...
We can make it the 1st worst.
Not true.
The Browns from 1999-today have gone 88-212-0, for a win % of .293.
Told ya.
-
There you go, good research. So we are suffering through the 2nd worst stretch in NFL history
Not true.
The Browns from 1999-today have gone 88-212-0, for a win % of .293.
Not true.
The Browns from 1999-today have gone 88-212-0, for a win % of .293.
But how did the Saints bounce back with “football guys” making decisions? “Math guys” are the only answer.
-
Not true.
The Browns from 1999-today have gone 88-212-0, for a win % of .293.
But how did the Saints bounce back with “football guys” making decisions? “Math guys” are the only answer.
But how did the Saints bounce back with “football guys” making decisions? “Math guys” are the only answer.
They all played for Yale I think.

-
FIRE ALL OF THEM
Start over
this current bunch is really no different than the old bunch...just more of the same bs.
I'd fire the coaching staff and give the FO one more draft at least. Regardless of who the FO is we are going to take one of the qbs high,so it doesnt matter with respect to that.....
we need a front office and coaching staff that makes data driven decisions and one in which there are consequences for misses.
this current bunch is really no different than the old bunch...just more of the same bs.
I'd fire the coaching staff and give the FO one more draft at least. Regardless of who the FO is we are going to take one of the qbs high,so it doesnt matter with respect to that.....
we need a front office and coaching staff that makes data driven decisions and one in which there are consequences for misses.
That's the deal with the current set up. there are no consequences for being HISTORICALLY BAD .
I’m thinking we beat the Bears. I might bet hard money line in Vegas.
One win is OK now, we still have that "protected" #1 overall pick. Just hope they're not laughing at us too hard come Draft Day 2018.
The New Orleans Saints between 1967-1985 went 83-187-5, for a win % of .311. They did not have one winning season during this stretch.
and we had one or was it two, I forget...
-
Browns went 9-7 in 2002 and 10-6 in 2007.
-
When I get some time, I'm going to see if I can find ANY team that had such a bad stretch, post WWII.
Now I'm starting to wonder just how godawful this Browns 2.0 team has been.
There were some horrible Steelers, Packers and Cardinals teams in the 50s, but I don't think for this long of a stretch.
-
88 wins in 19 seasons. Averaging less than 5 per year for 19 years, ugh.
So less than 5 wins per season for 1/5 of a century??? Phuck Me.
I can only hope that Tour, War and a few others are right, and the rest of us are proclaiming them 'The Greatest Browns Fans Ever' in a few years, otherwise..... man I don't even want to think about the otherwise.
So less than 5 wins per season for 1/5 of a century??? Phuck Me.
I can only hope that Tour, War and a few others are right, and the rest of us are proclaiming them 'The Greatest Browns Fans Ever' in a few years, otherwise..... man I don't even want to think about the otherwise.
huh? Tour, War and a few others are right in that we will start getting a lot better.....
but thats just regression to the mean. and the cyclic nature of the nfl. The front office and coaching could still suck and we're going to improve a lot. The fo and coaching can continue to suck and we will come across a good spell eventually.
I know its hard for browns fans to see, but this kind of year in year out regular sucking is not the norm in the nfl....and there isn't anything that is inherent in our organization that will mean it will continue. We will be better. Just how bad we've been over the last two years is a damning point towards the people in charge now though....
-
So less than 5 wins per season for 1/5 of a century??? Phuck Me.
I can only hope that Tour, War and a few others are right, and the rest of us are proclaiming them 'The Greatest Browns Fans Ever' in a few years, otherwise..... man I don't even want to think about the otherwise.
huh? Tour, War and a few others are right in that we will start getting a lot better.....
but thats just regression to the mean. and the cyclic nature of the nfl. The front office and coaching could still suck and we're going to improve a lot. The fo and coaching can continue to suck and we will come across a good spell eventually.
I know its hard for browns fans to see, but this kind of year in year out regular sucking is not the norm in the nfl....and there isn't anything that is inherent in our organization that will mean it will continue. We will be better. Just how bad we've been over the last two years is a damning point towards the people in charge now though....
huh?
I simply mean that T, War and a couple of others are patiently waiting for the upswing, while fully believing in what the current organization is doing, and I hope that they are right (if we stay the course with no changes) and if they are, I'll be happy right along side all of them and smile happily each time one of them says 'I Told You so'.
As for the Browns "inevitably getting better"..... Well, v2.0 Browns' history says that is certainly not guaranteed and wouldn't hold my breath any time soon if I were you.
-
There you go, good research. So we are suffering through the 2nd worst stretch in NFL history
Not true.
The Browns from 1999-today have gone 88-212-0, for a win % of .293.
Not true.
The Browns from 1999-today have gone 88-212-0, for a win % of .293.
For the few fans actually attending the last two home games, hand out complimentary paper bags at the gates, Print 'em up- we ain't the Aints- we're worse.
-
I think it is possible to trust the process but not the people running it. Hue sucks as a gameday coach and our FO needs to get better than they have been at filing the 53 man roster.
-
huh?
I simply mean that T, War and a couple of others are patiently waiting for the upswing, while fully believing in what the current organization is doing, and I hope that they are right (if we stay the course with no changes) and if they are, I'll be happy right along side all of them and smile happily each time one of them says 'I Told You so'.
As for the Browns "inevitably getting better"..... Well, v2.0 Browns' history says that is certainly not guaranteed and wouldn't hold my breath any time soon if I were you.
I simply mean that T, War and a couple of others are patiently waiting for the upswing, while fully believing in what the current organization is doing, and I hope that they are right (if we stay the course with no changes) and if they are, I'll be happy right along side all of them and smile happily each time one of them says 'I Told You so'.
As for the Browns "inevitably getting better"..... Well, v2.0 Browns' history says that is certainly not guaranteed and wouldn't hold my breath any time soon if I were you.
My point was that there is a more likely third way- that the current organization is indeed lacking but there will still be an upswing. There almost has to be an upswing regardless. How big and long lasting the upswing is(will we be 8-8? will we make the playoffs? for how many years?) is the question.....
But framing it as "if we get better then patience with the current organization paid off" is a stupid way of looking at it. I'm confident we will get a good bit better regardless. Just because thats the way the nfl works.
As for history, as I've said the browns are an anomaly....there is nothing that indicates they will continue to be and that means they will fluctuate like every other nfl team typically does...
-
You get rid of almost every player over 28. You focus on building a roster that will be good 3-4 years down the road and beyond, not worried about the first couple years. You also put good players on IR that don't really need it (but we haven't talked about that here).
Quit panicking.
-
Hue will be doing the backstroke in Lake Erie this January.
i still think we will get a win....you just dont go 0-16 after going 1-16. the odds of being that bad are too high
i still think we will get a win....you just dont go 0-16 after going 1-16. the odds of being that bad are too high
wouldn't 1 and 16 infer we made the playoffs with one win?????
all i know is hue jackson winning pct as head coach in the NFL is worse than paxton lynch's pit stains in denver.
ESPN will hire hue jackson and dan o'brien when canned as expert analyzers of QBs in the league next year. they'll call the show HD in the morning.....as in hard finger.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login