Skip to content

How the hell can you go 1-27.....

The Browns Board
99 27 2.9k 1
  • @baconhound said:

    I agree in every other NFL city this would be a no-brainer but I'm not sure how many teams fit the Browns post 1999.  I haven't added it up but it's gotta be the worst 18 year stretch in NFL history.

    I would totally agree...... modern history too, none of that "In 1932 the Iowa Hay Balers lost 37 of their first 39 games, before moving to Nome Alaska to become the Nome Ice Cubes where they were disbanded after their 3rd year." 

    Gotta be modern history's (SB era) worst team....... Although it wouldn't shock me if we couldn't even get that right either.  

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @d-bone said:

    I would totally agree...... modern history too, none of that "In 1932 the Iowa Hay Balers lost 37 of their first 39 games, before moving to Nome Alaska to become the Nome Ice Cubes where they were disbanded after their 3rd year." 

    Gotta be modern history's (SB era) worst team....... Although it wouldn't shock me if we couldn't even get that right either.  

    The New Orleans Saints between 1967-1985 went 83-187-5, for a win % of .311. They did not have one winning season during this stretch.

  • @d-bone said:

    I would totally agree...... modern history too, none of that "In 1932 the Iowa Hay Balers lost 37 of their first 39 games, before moving to Nome Alaska to become the Nome Ice Cubes where they were disbanded after their 3rd year." 

    Gotta be modern history's (SB era) worst team....... Although it wouldn't shock me if we couldn't even get that right either.  

    The New Orleans Saints between 1967-1985 went 83-187-5, for a win % of .311. They did not have one winning season during this stretch.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @dutch-oven said:

    The New Orleans Saints between 1967-1985 went 83-187-5, for a win % of .311. They did not have one winning season during this stretch.

    See.... we couldn't even get that right. 🥷

  • @d-bone said:

    I would totally agree...... modern history too, none of that "In 1932 the Iowa Hay Balers lost 37 of their first 39 games, before moving to Nome Alaska to become the Nome Ice Cubes where they were disbanded after their 3rd year." 

    Gotta be modern history's (SB era) worst team....... Although it wouldn't shock me if we couldn't even get that right either.  

    The New Orleans Saints between 1967-1985 went 83-187-5, for a win % of .311. They did not have one winning season during this stretch.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @dutch-oven said:

    The New Orleans Saints between 1967-1985 went 83-187-5, for a win % of .311. They did not have one winning season during this stretch.

    There you go, good research.  So we are suffering through the 2nd worst stretch in NFL history

  • @dutch-oven said:

    The New Orleans Saints between 1967-1985 went 83-187-5, for a win % of .311. They did not have one winning season during this stretch.

    There you go, good research.  So we are suffering through the 2nd worst stretch in NFL history

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @baconhound said:

    There you go, good research.  So we are suffering through the 2nd worst stretch in NFL history

    Don't worry, guys...

    We can make it the 1st worst. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    The New Orleans Saints between 1967-1985 went 83-187-5, for a win % of .311. They did not have one winning season during this stretch.

    There you go, good research.  So we are suffering through the 2nd worst stretch in NFL history

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @baconhound said:

    There you go, good research.  So we are suffering through the 2nd worst stretch in NFL history

    Not true.

    The Browns from 1999-today have gone 88-212-0, for a win % of .293.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    The New Orleans Saints between 1967-1985 went 83-187-5, for a win % of .311. They did not have one winning season during this stretch.

    There you go, good research.  So we are suffering through the 2nd worst stretch in NFL history

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @baconhound said:

    There you go, good research.  So we are suffering through the 2nd worst stretch in NFL history

    @nero said:

    Don't worry, guys...

    We can make it the 1st worst. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Not true.

    The Browns from 1999-today have gone 88-212-0, for a win % of .293.

    Told ya. 

  • @baconhound said:

    There you go, good research.  So we are suffering through the 2nd worst stretch in NFL history

    Not true.

    The Browns from 1999-today have gone 88-212-0, for a win % of .293.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @dutch-oven said:

    Not true.

    The Browns from 1999-today have gone 88-212-0, for a win % of .293.

    But how did the Saints bounce back with “football guys” making decisions? “Math guys” are the only answer.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Not true.

    The Browns from 1999-today have gone 88-212-0, for a win % of .293.

    But how did the Saints bounce back with “football guys” making decisions? “Math guys” are the only answer.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @logicisforsquares said:

    But how did the Saints bounce back with “football guys” making decisions? “Math guys” are the only answer.

    They all played for Yale I think.😛

  • @browns149 said:

    FIRE ALL OF THEM

    Start over 

    this current bunch is really no different than the old bunch...just more of the same bs.

    I'd fire the coaching staff and give the FO one more draft at least.  Regardless of who the FO is we are going to take one of the qbs high,so it doesnt matter with respect to that.....

    we need a front office and coaching staff that makes data driven decisions and one in which there are consequences for misses.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #39

    @tacosman said:

    this current bunch is really no different than the old bunch...just more of the same bs.

    I'd fire the coaching staff and give the FO one more draft at least.  Regardless of who the FO is we are going to take one of the qbs high,so it doesnt matter with respect to that.....

    we need a front office and coaching staff that makes data driven decisions and one in which there are consequences for misses.

    That's the deal with the current set up. there are no consequences for being HISTORICALLY BAD .

    @stillmotion said:

    I’m thinking we beat the Bears. I might bet hard money line in Vegas.

    One win is OK now, we still have that "protected" #1 overall pick. Just hope they're not laughing at us too hard come Draft Day 2018. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    The New Orleans Saints between 1967-1985 went 83-187-5, for a win % of .311. They did not have one winning season during this stretch.

    and we had one or was it two, I forget... 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #40

    Browns went 9-7 in 2002 and 10-6 in 2007.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #41

    When I get some time, I'm going to see if I can find ANY team that had such a bad stretch, post WWII.

    Now I'm starting to wonder just how godawful this Browns 2.0 team has been.

    There were some horrible Steelers, Packers and Cardinals teams in the 50s, but I don't think for this long of a stretch.

  • @baconhound said:

    88 wins in 19 seasons.  Averaging less than 5 per year for 19 years, ugh.

    So less than 5 wins per season for 1/5 of a century??? Phuck Me. 

    I can only hope that Tour, War and a few others are right, and the rest of us are proclaiming them 'The Greatest Browns Fans Ever' in a few years, otherwise..... man I don't even want to think about the otherwise. 

    T Tacosman wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @d-bone said:

    So less than 5 wins per season for 1/5 of a century??? Phuck Me. 

    I can only hope that Tour, War and a few others are right, and the rest of us are proclaiming them 'The Greatest Browns Fans Ever' in a few years, otherwise..... man I don't even want to think about the otherwise. 

    huh?  Tour, War and a few others are right in that we will start getting a lot better.....

    but thats just regression to the mean.  and the cyclic nature of the nfl. The front office and coaching could still suck and we're going to improve a lot. The fo and coaching can continue to suck and we will come across a good spell eventually.

    I know its hard for browns fans to see, but this kind of year in year out regular sucking is not the norm in the nfl....and there isn't anything that is inherent in our organization that will mean it will continue.  We will be better.  Just how bad we've been over the last two years is a damning point towards the people in charge now though....

  • @d-bone said:

    So less than 5 wins per season for 1/5 of a century??? Phuck Me. 

    I can only hope that Tour, War and a few others are right, and the rest of us are proclaiming them 'The Greatest Browns Fans Ever' in a few years, otherwise..... man I don't even want to think about the otherwise. 

    huh?  Tour, War and a few others are right in that we will start getting a lot better.....

    but thats just regression to the mean.  and the cyclic nature of the nfl. The front office and coaching could still suck and we're going to improve a lot. The fo and coaching can continue to suck and we will come across a good spell eventually.

    I know its hard for browns fans to see, but this kind of year in year out regular sucking is not the norm in the nfl....and there isn't anything that is inherent in our organization that will mean it will continue.  We will be better.  Just how bad we've been over the last two years is a damning point towards the people in charge now though....

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @tacosman said:

    huh? 

    I simply mean that T, War and a couple of others are patiently waiting for the upswing, while fully believing in what the current organization is doing, and I hope that they are right (if we stay the course with no changes) and if they are, I'll be happy right along side all of them and smile happily each time one of them says 'I Told You so'.

    As for the Browns "inevitably getting better"..... Well, v2.0 Browns' history says that is certainly not guaranteed and wouldn't hold my breath any time soon if I were you. 

  • @baconhound said:

    There you go, good research.  So we are suffering through the 2nd worst stretch in NFL history

    Not true.

    The Browns from 1999-today have gone 88-212-0, for a win % of .293.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @dutch-oven said:

    Not true.

    The Browns from 1999-today have gone 88-212-0, for a win % of .293.

    For the few fans actually attending the last two home games, hand out complimentary paper bags at the gates, Print 'em up- we ain't the Aints- we're worse. 

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #45

    I think it is possible to trust the process but not the people running it. Hue sucks as a gameday coach and our FO needs to get better than they have been at filing the 53 man roster.

  • @tacosman said:

    huh? 

    I simply mean that T, War and a couple of others are patiently waiting for the upswing, while fully believing in what the current organization is doing, and I hope that they are right (if we stay the course with no changes) and if they are, I'll be happy right along side all of them and smile happily each time one of them says 'I Told You so'.

    As for the Browns "inevitably getting better"..... Well, v2.0 Browns' history says that is certainly not guaranteed and wouldn't hold my breath any time soon if I were you. 

    T Tacosman wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @d-bone said:

    I simply mean that T, War and a couple of others are patiently waiting for the upswing, while fully believing in what the current organization is doing, and I hope that they are right (if we stay the course with no changes) and if they are, I'll be happy right along side all of them and smile happily each time one of them says 'I Told You so'.

    As for the Browns "inevitably getting better"..... Well, v2.0 Browns' history says that is certainly not guaranteed and wouldn't hold my breath any time soon if I were you. 

    My point was that there is a more likely third way- that the current organization is indeed lacking but there will still be an upswing.  There almost has to be an upswing regardless.  How big and long lasting the upswing is(will we be 8-8?  will we make the playoffs?  for how many years?) is the question.....

    But framing it as "if we get better then patience with the current organization paid off" is a stupid way of looking at it. I'm confident we will get a good bit better regardless.  Just because thats the way the nfl works.  

    As for history, as I've said the browns are an anomaly....there is nothing that indicates they will continue to be and that means they will fluctuate like every other nfl team typically does...

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #47

    You get rid of almost every player over 28. You focus on building a roster that will be good 3-4 years down the road and beyond, not worried about the first couple years. You also put good players on IR that don't really need it (but we haven't talked about that here).

    Quit panicking.

  • How could they have known what was about to happen! smh

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @poeticg said:

    How could they have known what was about to happen! smh

    Ghoolie knew. From day one I called this total bullschidt. Ghoolie knew.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Hue will be doing the backstroke in Lake Erie this January.

    i still think we will get  a win....you just dont go 0-16 after going 1-16.  the odds of being that bad are too high

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @tacosman said:

    i still think we will get  a win....you just dont go 0-16 after going 1-16.  the odds of being that bad are too high

    wouldn't 1 and 16 infer we made the playoffs with one win?????

    all i know is hue jackson winning pct as head coach in the NFL is worse than paxton lynch's pit stains in denver.

    ESPN will hire hue jackson and dan o'brien when canned as expert analyzers of QBs in the league next year. they'll call the show HD in the morning.....as in hard finger.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #50

    man you can't even type in d.i.c.k. anymore without nancy pancy snowflake hurt my feelings auto-correctness? when did cleveland become lib hub of N. America? though san fran had that distinction?