Camp Tyrod + Lamar
-
I agree that he has to carry the team but how much of that is him playing outside of the system. Our coach runs a good offense but he's never had an uber athlete at QB. I still think he can be great in Greg Romans offense, but I'm losing faith he can work in a traditional offense
I agree that he has to carry the team but how much of that is him playing outside of the system. Our coach runs a good offense but he's never had an uber athlete at QB. I still think he can be great in Greg Romans offense, but I'm losing faith he can work in a traditional offense
A person on this board who has an opinion but continues to gather data related to opinion, and after more info becomes available admits that his original opinion might be flawed?
YOU ARE A MAN VIRTUALLY ALONE HERE!
I'm not saying this because your opinion has shifted towards my opinion on Jackson, but I'm giving you props for actually using that lump three feet above your butt to continue to gain knowledge. That's rare.
-
Ignoring the fact he knows, and they know, Lamar has to carry this team on his back and make every play to win.
Lamar has to carry this team on his back and make every play to win.
been that way 2 seasons now.his OL protection forces most of his 2 yard sacks that pile up like Tyrod. 23 sacks this season best lamars 26 than 46 sacks last season. Deshawn Watson was a 67% cmp. rate.Lamar from last season was 56% but raised to 60.4.FAR less Quality WR's. Only Senior on offense is TE. Better pocket escape feet when needed than Watson imo. Has his arm touch got better this season?
-
The football scouting expert has spoken. So it shall be
How's your boy Peppers doing, might I ask?
-
The football scouting expert has spoken. So it shall be
How's your boy Peppers doing, might I ask?
-
The football scouting expert has spoken. So it shall be
How's your boy Peppers doing, might I ask?
-
Doing what he can considering he's played 35 yards off the LOS and learning a new position. Hopefully he can get closer to the LOS next year.
I mean, unless you're scouting says differently. I'd hate to disagree.
Up until this point, understand, I had ZERO issue with you. But your incessant belief that I 'HATE' UM players and thus my opinion on them has no validity - by your own admission of my "OSU BIAS!!!!" has brought this disdain for my posts on every player I offer up my thoughts on after watching.
You could line Peppers up near the nacho bitch in the stands, guess Shmucking what? - He's STILL going to take a shitty angle. Like I said he would. He still looks to tackle with his head down. Actually that seems to be a symptom of most of our DB's so I can't fault him on his own for that. I remember pointing out that he had an above NCAA average for missed tackle percentage while at UM (playing a more weakside backer role) and your rebuttal was "when you're in position to make more tackles, you miss more"... paying no mind to the percentage part.
I bet you'll get a menstrual when I don't offer up Mo Hurst has a sure-fire top 10 pick. (Though I am starting to like Rashuan Gary) I know, I know... "OSU BIAS!!!!!"
Keep singing that same song on recycle about "scouting" meanwhile my posts have more football substance, detail and support because I put in time to not only watch, but to understand what I'm seeing.
-
1) you aren't the main OSU bias culprit
2) that's not the rebuttal I gave
3) you can say what you want about Mo, and I may or may not disagree
4) Gary is a beast
5) You can not like what I post for whatever you see fit. I don't like the posts where you act like the end all be all on scouting for players.
6) Damn, you really blew up there
-
Doing what he can considering he's played 35 yards off the LOS and learning a new position. Hopefully he can get closer to the LOS next year.
I mean, unless you're scouting says differently. I'd hate to disagree.
Up until this point, understand, I had ZERO issue with you. But your incessant belief that I 'HATE' UM players and thus my opinion on them has no validity - by your own admission of my "OSU BIAS!!!!" has brought this disdain for my posts on every player I offer up my thoughts on after watching.
You could line Peppers up near the nacho bitch in the stands, guess Shmucking what? - He's STILL going to take a shitty angle. Like I said he would. He still looks to tackle with his head down. Actually that seems to be a symptom of most of our DB's so I can't fault him on his own for that. I remember pointing out that he had an above NCAA average for missed tackle percentage while at UM (playing a more weakside backer role) and your rebuttal was "when you're in position to make more tackles, you miss more"... paying no mind to the percentage part.
I bet you'll get a menstrual when I don't offer up Mo Hurst has a sure-fire top 10 pick. (Though I am starting to like Rashuan Gary) I know, I know... "OSU BIAS!!!!!"
Keep singing that same song on recycle about "scouting" meanwhile my posts have more football substance, detail and support because I put in time to not only watch, but to understand what I'm seeing.
Keep singing that same song on recycle about "scouting" meanwhile my posts have more football substance because I put in time to not only watch, but to understand what I'm seeing.
I'm sure I'll run into opinions tia has that I disagree with, but in a sea of "HUE SUCKS KIZER SUCKS" posts, actually reading posts that are nuanced and thought-out, with reasons for why he feels the way he does , is refreshing.
-
And Jackson throws his third interception today. Man, this hasn't been a great bowl season for QBs coming out in general.
How big is Lamar? He looks like he's 6'0 and 190lbs soaking wet.
-
That was... Strange.
Looked like a bad throw. But Jackson reacted like the WR did something wrong.
-
Holy Sheet, where'd Louisville's OL go?
Jackson has an arm though. Just a little flick gets it downfield
-
We need Mississippi States head coach though
-
Jackson is on the hook for 2 of those picks, but the last one was on the WR. I really don't know if the draft has the answer to out QB problem at this point.
-
Jackson is on the hook for 2 of those picks, but the last one was on the WR. I really don't know if the draft has the answer to out QB problem at this point.
, but the last one was on the WR.
good call,after rewind live speed.#5 WR Dawkins runs lazy route,almost like Dawkins was trying to cut on iced turf. if full speed receiver should be cross db's face where Lamar placed it
-
, but the last one was on the WR.
good call,after rewind live speed.#5 WR Dawkins runs lazy route,almost like Dawkins was trying to cut on iced turf. if full speed receiver should be cross db's face where Lamar placed it
-
1) you aren't the main OSU bias culprit
2) that's not the rebuttal I gave
3) you can say what you want about Mo, and I may or may not disagree
4) Gary is a beast
5) You can not like what I post for whatever you see fit. I don't like the posts where you act like the end all be all on scouting for players.
6) Damn, you really blew up there
1) you aren't the main OSU bias culprit
I have still yet to see where you can accuse me of said bias. Hell, you can't even say it was about my calling Michael Thomas the best WR in the draft. That clearly ended up being very true. My bias is towards quality football players. The one time I've seen you go over the moon for somebody, it just so happened to be Jabrill. You said he was an "elite athlete" that would be a playmaker for the Browns. I argued otherwise and backed up what I said with examples. You then ran home to the "OSU bias".
I said he would be at best a gadget offensive player and above average return man. He hasn't even been the latter. He's damn near dead last in return average.
2) that's not the rebuttal I gave
- Pretty sure I have it screen shotted. Here it is, verbatim
" It is worth noting that Peppers gets into a position to make a tackle on plays most players would not, therefore even if he misses those tackles, it still disrupts the offense/ball carrier."
So... yep. Pretty much "if he's forced to tackle then he'll miss more" in paraphrasing.
3) you can say what you want about Mo, and I may or may not disagree
We'll find out soon then.
4) Gary is a beast
So far, no disagreement here.
5) You can not like what I post for whatever you see fit. I don't like the posts where you act like the end all be all on scouting for players.
I only do that when people posts such whacky Sheet on clearly flawed players without any type of substance to support their argument that doesn't include what you seen me calling cowpoop on in the Mayfield thread. I.E. "WINNER, LEADER, STATS, HEISMAN"!!!
6) Damn, you really blew up there
I haven't even begun to peak.
-
You paraphrased what I said incorrectly.
I understand how math and statistics work. I get percentages.
I'm saying I saw Peppers knife through two players on WR screens, bubbles, etc to get to the ball carrier and disrupt the play. A lot of times he was diving or still had a blocker on him, meaning it was a difficult tackle to make. Most other DBs are just getting blocked there and not getting to the ball carrier. So does it count as a missed tackle? I guess. But it's still a net positive for the defense. That's what I said.
Not to mention Williams has been complimentary of Peppers tackling ability.
-
You paraphrased what I said incorrectly.
I understand how math and statistics work. I get percentages.
I'm saying I saw Peppers knife through two players on WR screens, bubbles, etc to get to the ball carrier and disrupt the play. A lot of times he was diving or still had a blocker on him, meaning it was a difficult tackle to make. Most other DBs are just getting blocked there and not getting to the ball carrier. So does it count as a missed tackle? I guess. But it's still a net positive for the defense. That's what I said.
Not to mention Williams has been complimentary of Peppers tackling ability.
You paraphrased what I said incorrectly.
I understand how math and statistics work. I get percentages.
I'm saying I saw Peppers knife through two players on WR screens, bubbles, etc to get to the ball carrier and disrupt the play. A lot of times he was diving or still had a blocker on him, meaning it was a difficult tackle to make. Most other DBs are just getting blocked there and not getting to the ball carrier. So does it count as a missed tackle? I guess. But it's still a net positive for the defense. That's what I said.
Not to mention Williams has been complimentary of Peppers tackling ability.
He has too seeing as he's the one that beat his fists on the table in support of drafting him. Straight coaches pick.
-
You paraphrased what I said incorrectly.
I understand how math and statistics work. I get percentages.
I'm saying I saw Peppers knife through two players on WR screens, bubbles, etc to get to the ball carrier and disrupt the play. A lot of times he was diving or still had a blocker on him, meaning it was a difficult tackle to make. Most other DBs are just getting blocked there and not getting to the ball carrier. So does it count as a missed tackle? I guess. But it's still a net positive for the defense. That's what I said.
Not to mention Williams has been complimentary of Peppers tackling ability.
He has too seeing as he's the one that beat his fists on the table in support of drafting him. Straight coaches pick.
He has too seeing as he's the one that beat his fists on the table in support of drafting him. Straight coaches pick.
Then our talk at the auto show mattered more than I jokingly thought... Lol
But do you at least get the point I was trying to make regarding the tackles? Peppers is one of the only prospects you could hear people praise his tackling and then have someone else say it's terrible. You'd think it would be pretty straightforward
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login