Rosen
-
LOL... fair enough.
Same deal for me if it's Allen...
And I don't give a crapola if it is either of them. I just want a QB that can win. Its just that the reports about Allen's quarterbacking skills are particularly bad. If the same were true about Rosen....it would be the same deal for him.
(Can I assume that Rosen is not participating in the Senior bowl...because he is not a Senior? Or can anyone who has declared for the draft participate in that?)
And I don't give a crapola if it is either of them. I just want a QB that can win. Its just that the reports about Allen's quarterbacking skills are particularly bad. If the same were true about Rosen....it would be the same deal for him.
(Can I assume that Rosen is not participating in the Senior bowl...because he is not a Senior? Or can anyone who has declared for the draft participate in that?)
That's probably something that probably should be looked at Gipper. Rosen, Fitzpatrick, Barkley, and Darnold weren't eligible because they weren't "Seniors". Not that they would have attended. Mayfield was the first senior Heisman winner to show up in a long time. It would sort of open up a pandora's box though. The list of underclass early entries to the NFL draft is rather large... Instead of calling it the Senior Bowl I suppose we could resurrect "College All Star Game". http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000908163/article/list-of-underclassmen-granted-eligibility-for-2018-nfl-draft
Allen was eligible though "technically" a junior- he graduated in December.
Can't remember Who Da Fuq argued with me there that Baker would check in around 6'1-6'2 without cleats and helmet....
Wasn't me Tia- think I only argued the crowd who claimed Mayfield was 5'10" would be wrong... As is- his real measured NFL height and stated college height (6'1") was only 5\8" off.
-
And I don't give a crapola if it is either of them. I just want a QB that can win. Its just that the reports about Allen's quarterbacking skills are particularly bad. If the same were true about Rosen....it would be the same deal for him.
(Can I assume that Rosen is not participating in the Senior bowl...because he is not a Senior? Or can anyone who has declared for the draft participate in that?)
That's probably something that probably should be looked at Gipper. Rosen, Fitzpatrick, Barkley, and Darnold weren't eligible because they weren't "Seniors". Not that they would have attended. Mayfield was the first senior Heisman winner to show up in a long time. It would sort of open up a pandora's box though. The list of underclass early entries to the NFL draft is rather large... Instead of calling it the Senior Bowl I suppose we could resurrect "College All Star Game". http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000908163/article/list-of-underclassmen-granted-eligibility-for-2018-nfl-draft
Allen was eligible though "technically" a junior- he graduated in December.
Can't remember Who Da Fuq argued with me there that Baker would check in around 6'1-6'2 without cleats and helmet....
Wasn't me Tia- think I only argued the crowd who claimed Mayfield was 5'10" would be wrong... As is- his real measured NFL height and stated college height (6'1") was only 5\8" off.
That's probably something that probably should be looked at Gipper. Rosen, Fitzpatrick, Barkley, and Darnold weren't eligible because they weren't "Seniors". Not that they would have attended. Mayfield was the first senior Heisman winner to show up in a long time. It would sort of open up a pandora's box though. The list of underclass early entries to the NFL draft is rather large... Instead of calling it the Senior Bowl I suppose we could resurrect "College All Star Game". http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000908163/article/list-of-underclassmen-granted-eligibility-for-2018-nfl-draft
Allen was eligible though "technically" a junior- he graduated in December.
Wasn't me Tia- think I only argued the crowd who claimed Mayfield was 5'10" would be wrong... As is- his real measured NFL height and stated college height (6'1") was only 5\8" off.
What about the other "all star" games....like the East-West Shrine game. Can non-Seniors participate in those? (and I assume that it is heavily scouted as well?)
-
Subject to change Tour-
7 Benkert
Watch Benkert to get a hard look Now at Cardinals..Zona just hired HC Steve Wilks yesterday(he'll be a great coach of men imo) The 1st guy Wilks wanted to thank was Ruffin McNeil..HC Ruffin McNeil with OC Lincoln Riley at ECU was the 2 that recuited Benkert hard to ECU. Benkert blew knee at ECU. McNeil got fired at ECU(senseless, new AD)..Benkert transfers to Virginia
I just hope the Browns scouts are down there taking notes. Do you know who from the Browns is in attendance at the Senior Bowl?
saw hue & Dorsey day 1 in stands.. day 2 Wolfe & Dorsey..imo, Dorsey can't wait to grade these scouts scorecards..Expect more scouts to go when work is final after combine
(Can I assume that Rosen is not participating in the Senior bowl...because he is not a Senior? Or can anyone who has declared for the draft participate in that?)
Rosen not a senior & Rosen or doctors not a big fan of bowl games either..
imo, Dorsey can't wait to grade these scouts scorecards..Expect more scouts to go when work is final after combine
Oh Boy! Get that group-think started early! 🥷
That's probably something that probably should be looked at Gipper. Rosen, Fitzpatrick, Barkley, and Darnold weren't eligible because they weren't "Seniors".
Players who stick it out for four (or five) years deserve (and need) their own showcase. Love that Savage & Co. dig deep in Div's 2 and 3 for prospects to invite that otherwise would get no light cast upon them.
Could start a "Junior Bowl" I guess. With 130 underclassmen certified by the NFL as draft eligible they ought to be able to field a couple teams.
-
imo, Dorsey can't wait to grade these scouts scorecards..Expect more scouts to go when work is final after combine
Oh Boy! Get that group-think started early! 🥷
That's probably something that probably should be looked at Gipper. Rosen, Fitzpatrick, Barkley, and Darnold weren't eligible because they weren't "Seniors".
Players who stick it out for four (or five) years deserve (and need) their own showcase. Love that Savage & Co. dig deep in Div's 2 and 3 for prospects to invite that otherwise would get no light cast upon them.
Could start a "Junior Bowl" I guess. With 130 underclassmen certified by the NFL as draft eligible they ought to be able to field a couple teams.
Oh Boy! Get that group-think started early! 🥷
Players who stick it out for four (or five) years deserve (and need) their own showcase. Love that Savage & Co. dig deep in Div's 2 and 3 for prospects to invite that otherwise would get no light cast upon them.
Could start a "Junior Bowl" I guess. With 130 underclassmen certified by the NFL as draft eligible they ought to be able to field a couple teams.
Regarding Savage digging deep that OL guy from D III Humboldt definitely got some love... http://www.hsujacks.com/news/2017/11/27/football-alex-cappa-invited-to-2018-reeses-senior-bowl.aspx
He was rag-dolling guys in his college tape...
-
Nice tweet thread full of Rosen clips... highlights and lowlights from throughout the entire 2017 season. As you scroll past each one it plays once automatically.
A few of them are Darnold clips for contrast.
Don't know the poster, but he posted one interesting stat comparison with Darnold:
" Rosen threw 8 of his 10 Ints when UCLA was losing. Darnold only threw 4 of his 13 Ints when USC was losing."
-
Nice tweet thread full of Rosen clips... highlights and lowlights from throughout the entire 2017 season. As you scroll past each one it plays once automatically.
A few of them are Darnold clips for contrast.
Don't know the poster, but he posted one interesting stat comparison with Darnold:
" Rosen threw 8 of his 10 Ints when UCLA was losing. Darnold only threw 4 of his 13 Ints when USC was losing."
Nice tweet thread full of Rosen clips... highlights and lowlights from throughout the entire 2017 season. As you scroll past each one it plays once automatically.
A few of them are Darnold clips for contrast.
Don't know the poster, but he posted one interesting stat comparison with Darnold:
" Rosen threw 8 of his 10 Ints when UCLA was losing. Darnold only threw 4 of his 13 Ints when USC was losing."
Interesting stat. I'm sure a factor in this was usc wasn't losing that often during the season compared to UCLA. they had a better team
-
Nice tweet thread full of Rosen clips... highlights and lowlights from throughout the entire 2017 season. As you scroll past each one it plays once automatically.
A few of them are Darnold clips for contrast.
Don't know the poster, but he posted one interesting stat comparison with Darnold:
" Rosen threw 8 of his 10 Ints when UCLA was losing. Darnold only threw 4 of his 13 Ints when USC was losing."
Interesting stat. I'm sure a factor in this was usc wasn't losing that often during the season compared to UCLA. they had a better team
Interesting stat. I'm sure a factor in this was usc wasn't losing that often during the season compared to UCLA. they had a better team
Point taken... more time with the lead means more opportunity to throw INTs with the lead, but...
... the point of care with the ball when in the lead vs. trailing is still valid and in light of the above is reinforced by the INT totals alone.
-
Ditto... but Combine and Pro days are just confirmation tools for me.
I know I'm just a rank amateur, but this is the clearest cut, on-field evaluation I have seen since Andrew Luck's class.
-
I'm really impressed by that Ryan McCrystal analysis. I really hope our GM evaluates the same way. The browns are going to fall in love with one or two of these guys for sure. It's that time of year where every hot girl comes to the dance.
-
I know I'm just a rank amateur, but this is the clearest cut, on-field evaluation I have seen since Andrew Luck's class.
So you're a Rosen guy?
-
So you're a Rosen guy?
Yup... have been since I first started seeing him... and then I looked.
Since then every other candidate I've looked at has paled in comparison. It's actually made it hard to put in the work on some of them. But now that I'm trying to rank the also-rans, I'm having to force myself.
-
So you're a Rosen guy?
Yup... have been since I first started seeing him... and then I looked.
Since then every other candidate I've looked at has paled in comparison. It's actually made it hard to put in the work on some of them. But now that I'm trying to rank the also-rans, I'm having to force myself.
Yup... have been since I first started seeing him... and then I looked.
Since then every other candidate I've looked at has paled in comparison. It's actually made it hard to put in the work on some of them. But now that I'm trying to rank the also-rans, I'm having to force myself.
Pure talent Tour, I'd have Rosen at the top of my board too. Those concussions give me the heebie jeebies. Why I have him #3.
-
So you're a Rosen guy?
Yup... have been since I first started seeing him... and then I looked.
Since then every other candidate I've looked at has paled in comparison. It's actually made it hard to put in the work on some of them. But now that I'm trying to rank the also-rans, I'm having to force myself.
Yup... have been since I first started seeing him... and then I looked.
Since then every other candidate I've looked at has paled in comparison. It's actually made it hard to put in the work on some of them. But now that I'm trying to rank the also-rans, I'm having to force myself.
Nice. The several games I've seen, he just looks like an NFL QB. Beautiful spirals in tight windows. Hits guys in stride. Moves defenders with his eyes and shoulder fakes. And he can scramble. He had more dropped passes than the others by far.
Add in the fact that he's very smart, and he should be able to pick up the playbook fairly quickly. People that rag on him cuz he's from money.... Darnold's from San Juan Capistrano. Look at a damn map. It's a very nice section of Orange County, and I can assure you it's not the inner city slums of Cleveland or Detroit
-
Yup... have been since I first started seeing him... and then I looked.
Since then every other candidate I've looked at has paled in comparison. It's actually made it hard to put in the work on some of them. But now that I'm trying to rank the also-rans, I'm having to force myself.
Nice. The several games I've seen, he just looks like an NFL QB. Beautiful spirals in tight windows. Hits guys in stride. Moves defenders with his eyes and shoulder fakes. And he can scramble. He had more dropped passes than the others by far.
Add in the fact that he's very smart, and he should be able to pick up the playbook fairly quickly. People that rag on him cuz he's from money.... Darnold's from San Juan Capistrano. Look at a damn map. It's a very nice section of Orange County, and I can assure you it's not the inner city slums of Cleveland or Detroit
People that rag on him cuz he's from money.
Yeah... and "hot tub"...
I think a lot of folks have missed the $$$ cherry on top with Rosen. He said in an interview that he'd be willing to play for league minimum so the team could afford to pay other talent. I chuckled when I read that, but to any extent that he does not walk that back when the time comes will be gravy for any team he joins.
One of the Pat's secrets for success (among many) has been that Brady has always restructured his deal for far less than his "fair-value" so they can afford other talent.
-
Yup... have been since I first started seeing him... and then I looked.
Since then every other candidate I've looked at has paled in comparison. It's actually made it hard to put in the work on some of them. But now that I'm trying to rank the also-rans, I'm having to force myself.
Nice. The several games I've seen, he just looks like an NFL QB. Beautiful spirals in tight windows. Hits guys in stride. Moves defenders with his eyes and shoulder fakes. And he can scramble. He had more dropped passes than the others by far.
Add in the fact that he's very smart, and he should be able to pick up the playbook fairly quickly. People that rag on him cuz he's from money.... Darnold's from San Juan Capistrano. Look at a damn map. It's a very nice section of Orange County, and I can assure you it's not the inner city slums of Cleveland or Detroit
Nice. The several games I've seen, he just looks like an NFL QB. Beautiful spirals in tight windows. Hits guys in stride. Moves defenders with his eyes and shoulder fakes. And he can scramble. He had more dropped passes than the others by far.
Add in the fact that he's very smart, and he should be able to pick up the playbook fairly quickly. People that rag on him cuz he's from money.... Darnold's from San Juan Capistrano. Look at a damn map. It's a very nice section of Orange County, and I can assure you it's not the inner city slums of Cleveland or Detroit
I stayed a week in Capistrano BeachI stayed a week in Capistrano Beach
-
God, I love Rosen...
Jesse Fritsch @CalhounLambeau
Rosen on his love for football: "I quit a sport because I didn't love it. Why would I go to another sport I don't like? I love football. I love putting massive, obnoxiously large state rings on my finger."
8:08 AM - 28 Jan 2018 -
So you're a Rosen guy?
Yup... have been since I first started seeing him... and then I looked.
Since then every other candidate I've looked at has paled in comparison. It's actually made it hard to put in the work on some of them. But now that I'm trying to rank the also-rans, I'm having to force myself.
Yup... have been since I first started seeing him... and then I looked.
Since then every other candidate I've looked at has paled in comparison. It's actually made it hard to put in the work on some of them. But now that I'm trying to rank the also-rans, I'm having to force myself.
So when Rosen doesn't want to play for Browns, or turns in to Ryan Leaf? I wouldn't even consider him if I'm Cleaveland.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login