Rosen
-
Mountain West does generate some very good players. But those players (like Rashaad Penny) have good to great stats even when they play teams from the bigger and better conferences.
Brian Sipe and Marshall Faulk are two prime examples. I would not mind seeing Penny in orange and brown.. Most underrated player in the draft.
-
Well when you have to go back 30 years to come up with two "prime examples"...
A good player here and there can slip thru the cracks and into any of the lesser conferences just as UDFAs can go on to HoF careers... but they are the exceptions.
Well when you have to go back 30 years to come up with two "prime examples"...
A good player here and there can slip thru the cracks and into any of the lesser conferences just as UDFAs can go on to HoF careers... but they are the exceptions.
I agree. I definitely don't think the mwc is an NFL pipeline.
-
I don't like Schumcky Cooks. If Rosen is the best qb in the draft why is he mocking Allen to the Browns? Yuccky's cow poop meanderings Steve.
-
I don't like Schumcky Cooks. If Rosen is the best qb in the draft why is he mocking Allen to the Browns? Yuccky's cow poop meanderings Steve.
I don't like Schumcky Cooks. If Rosen is the best qb in the draft why is he mocking Allen to the Browns? Yuccky's cow poop meanderings Steve.
Just posting the article. It is an opinion that some people, who aren't complete idiots, seem to embrace. Like I've said my concerns are his frame and the idea that he isn't dedicated to the sport which, of course, may just be negative hype. I have concerns about all four of the top choices.
WSS
-
I saw Bucky discussing it on NFL Network last night and he was saying basically Rosen is the next Drew Brees. I will be PO'd if the Browns screw the pooch on this. There are not enough XXX T-shirts around to handle the list of fails. One more could doom the franchise.
-
Bucky was a cb. yeah, he's a real expert at quarterbacking. Played for five different teams in fives years, mostly
as a kr. nah.
-
Bucky was a cb. yeah, he's a real expert at quarterbacking. Played for five different teams in fives years, mostly
as a kr. nah.
-
he was mostly a kick returner, though. Unless qb's were trying to tackle him on special teams...
-
Generally we DB's can spot a good QB when we see one. Helps when you have to faced the Schmuckers.
Well said! Bucky also played 4 years of WR at NC. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/bucky-brooks-1.html
Bucky Brooks
School: North Carolina
Position: WR
Draft: 2nd round, 48th overall of the 1994 NFL draft by the Buffalo Bills
Receiving & Rushing
Receiving Rushing Scrimmage Year School Conf Class Pos G Rec Yds Avg TD Att Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD Career North Carolina 63 1154 18.3 10 4 99 24.8 0 67 1253 18.7 10 1989 North Carolina ACC WR 11 12 144 12.0 0 12 144 12.0 0 1990 North Carolina ACC WR 11 5 96 19.2 1 5 96 19.2 1 1992 North Carolina ACC WR 11 21 400 19.0 3 1 68 68.0 0 22 468 21.3 3 1993 North Carolina ACC WR 12 25 514 20.6 6 3 31 10.3 0 28 545 19.5 6 -
So Bucky Brooks isn’t qualified to comment on QB’s because he “only” played WR and CB, but you are because....?
-
So Bucky Brooks isn’t qualified to comment on QB’s because he “only” played WR and CB, but you are because....?
So Bucky Brooks isn’t qualified to comment on QB’s because he “only” played WR and CB, but you are because....?
".....I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night?"

-
So Bucky Brooks isn’t qualified to comment on QB’s because he “only” played WR and CB, but you are because....?
So Bucky Brooks isn’t qualified to comment on QB’s because he “only” played WR and CB, but you are because....?
Because he finally started watching tape like two weeks ago.
-
never said I was qualified. I just do. we don't get paid to be Tour's "experts".
Apparently, bucky doesn't understand much,, that's all.
-
never said I was qualified. I just do. we don't get paid to be Tour's "experts".
Apparently, bucky doesn't understand much,, that's all.
-
I don't like Schumcky Cooks. If Rosen is the best qb in the draft why is he mocking Allen to the Browns? Yuccky's cow poop meanderings Steve.
I have "experts"? Cool...
I don't like Schumcky Cooks. If Rosen is the best qb in the draft why is he mocking Allen to the Browns? Yuccky's cow poop meanderings Steve.
C'mon, h... you've said it yourself... rankings are different from Mocks. In the latter you say what you think the teams will do. While the former is an ordering of the talent as Bucky... or you... or I... or even cal, sees it.
Here's the odd thing about Bucky... he's completed his "books" on each of the top four QBs (plus two RBs and counting) except the QB that comes first alphabetically. And since he has already clued us in that the missing QB is not his top dog, we know he's not saving the best for last. So why the delay?
Three more weeks of click-bait mocks to go...
-
I have "experts"? Cool...
I don't like Schumcky Cooks. If Rosen is the best qb in the draft why is he mocking Allen to the Browns? Yuccky's cow poop meanderings Steve.
C'mon, h... you've said it yourself... rankings are different from Mocks. In the latter you say what you think the teams will do. While the former is an ordering of the talent as Bucky... or you... or I... or even cal, sees it.
Here's the odd thing about Bucky... he's completed his "books" on each of the top four QBs (plus two RBs and counting) except the QB that comes first alphabetically. And since he has already clued us in that the missing QB is not his top dog, we know he's not saving the best for last. So why the delay?
Three more weeks of click-bait mocks to go...
I have "experts"? Cool...
C'mon, h... you've said it yourself... rankings are different from Mocks. In the latter you say what you think the teams will do. While the former is an ordering of the talent as Bucky... or you... or I... or even cal, sees it.
Here's the odd thing about Bucky... he's completed his "books" on each of the top four QBs (plus two RBs and counting) except the QB that comes first alphabetically. And since he has already clued us in that the missing QB is not his top dog, we know he's not saving the best for last. So why the delay?
Three more weeks of click-bait mocks to go...
Yep, a few more weeks to go. The crazy thing to me is that we know the draft hardly ever goes like people think, and this one could be absolutely crazy, especially early. Now we have the Patriots with 2 first rounders I think, and the popular thinking is THEY might be collecting assets to move up for a QB. So now we have Browns, Bills, and Pats with 2 picks, and they all want a QB, possibly.
I'll tell you what, I've seen some videos of Josh Rosen lately, and I think the guy has done himself some good. He comes off as likeable, funny, and having more personality than given credit for. He's also answered some tough questions, some of them personal in nature. I've been impressed by him, and I'm guessing NFL execs are too. Now, along the same line is Baker Mayfield. THAT guy is popping up everywhere (on TV), and let me tell you, that kid has personality. Now, nobody gets drafted because they'd win a popularity contest, but Baker seems like a guy people would WANT to play with. He's funny, driven, and can really sling it. I think he's the perfect guy to be the face of a franchise that has struggled more than any in history. I really do. That being said, Josh Rosen has gone a long way to squish any fear I had about him being a douche bag and having no personality. Is he arrogant? I don't think so. I believe he's confident, and that's what I WANT.
The guy I'm concerned about is Sam Darnold. He just seems to have this "Aw Shucks" type of mentality. Now, I realize I don't really know any of these guys, and what I see on TV doesn't really mean squat, but I do wonder if Darnold has that "It Factor". How's he going to respond after getting his azz whipped in a game and throwing 3 picks? Because in my crazy mind, after Baker Mayfield throws 3 picks and loses a game, he's going to enter the "Insane Zone" and work his tail completely off without losing confidence.
-
I have "experts"? Cool...
C'mon, h... you've said it yourself... rankings are different from Mocks. In the latter you say what you think the teams will do. While the former is an ordering of the talent as Bucky... or you... or I... or even cal, sees it.
Here's the odd thing about Bucky... he's completed his "books" on each of the top four QBs (plus two RBs and counting) except the QB that comes first alphabetically. And since he has already clued us in that the missing QB is not his top dog, we know he's not saving the best for last. So why the delay?
Three more weeks of click-bait mocks to go...
Yep, a few more weeks to go. The crazy thing to me is that we know the draft hardly ever goes like people think, and this one could be absolutely crazy, especially early. Now we have the Patriots with 2 first rounders I think, and the popular thinking is THEY might be collecting assets to move up for a QB. So now we have Browns, Bills, and Pats with 2 picks, and they all want a QB, possibly.
I'll tell you what, I've seen some videos of Josh Rosen lately, and I think the guy has done himself some good. He comes off as likeable, funny, and having more personality than given credit for. He's also answered some tough questions, some of them personal in nature. I've been impressed by him, and I'm guessing NFL execs are too. Now, along the same line is Baker Mayfield. THAT guy is popping up everywhere (on TV), and let me tell you, that kid has personality. Now, nobody gets drafted because they'd win a popularity contest, but Baker seems like a guy people would WANT to play with. He's funny, driven, and can really sling it. I think he's the perfect guy to be the face of a franchise that has struggled more than any in history. I really do. That being said, Josh Rosen has gone a long way to squish any fear I had about him being a douche bag and having no personality. Is he arrogant? I don't think so. I believe he's confident, and that's what I WANT.
The guy I'm concerned about is Sam Darnold. He just seems to have this "Aw Shucks" type of mentality. Now, I realize I don't really know any of these guys, and what I see on TV doesn't really mean squat, but I do wonder if Darnold has that "It Factor". How's he going to respond after getting his azz whipped in a game and throwing 3 picks? Because in my crazy mind, after Baker Mayfield throws 3 picks and loses a game, he's going to enter the "Insane Zone" and work his tail completely off without losing confidence.
Yep, a few more weeks to go. The crazy thing to me is that we know the draft hardly ever goes like people think, and this one could be absolutely crazy, especially early. Now we have the Patriots with 2 first rounders I think, and the popular thinking is THEY might be collecting assets to move up for a QB. So now we have Browns, Bills, and Pats with 2 picks, and they all want a QB, possibly.
I'll tell you what, I've seen some videos of Josh Rosen lately, and I think the guy has done himself some good. He comes off as likeable, funny, and having more personality than given credit for. He's also answered some tough questions, some of them personal in nature. I've been impressed by him, and I'm guessing NFL execs are too. Now, along the same line is Baker Mayfield. THAT guy is popping up everywhere (on TV), and let me tell you, that kid has personality. Now, nobody gets drafted because they'd win a popularity contest, but Baker seems like a guy people would WANT to play with. He's funny, driven, and can really sling it. I think he's the perfect guy to be the face of a franchise that has struggled more than any in history. I really do. That being said, Josh Rosen has gone a long way to squish any fear I had about him being a douche bag and having no personality. Is he arrogant? I don't think so. I believe he's confident, and that's what I WANT.
The guy I'm concerned about is Sam Darnold. He just seems to have this "Aw Shucks" type of mentality. Now, I realize I don't really know any of these guys, and what I see on TV doesn't really mean squat, but I do wonder if Darnold has that "It Factor". How's he going to respond after getting his azz whipped in a game and throwing 3 picks? Because in my crazy mind, after Baker Mayfield throws 3 picks and loses a game, he's going to enter the "Insane Zone" and work his tail completely off without losing confidence.
I agree. What the Browns need to do is draft the best QB. All this talk of "ceiling" is fine, but "ceiling" hasn't yet been reached & MAY NEVER be reached. I'll support any QB Dorsey & co pick, but I will be elated with either Rosen or Mayfield. We'll see in 17 days.
Mike
-
I have "experts"? Cool...
C'mon, h... you've said it yourself... rankings are different from Mocks. In the latter you say what you think the teams will do. While the former is an ordering of the talent as Bucky... or you... or I... or even cal, sees it.
Here's the odd thing about Bucky... he's completed his "books" on each of the top four QBs (plus two RBs and counting) except the QB that comes first alphabetically. And since he has already clued us in that the missing QB is not his top dog, we know he's not saving the best for last. So why the delay?
Three more weeks of click-bait mocks to go...
Yep, a few more weeks to go. The crazy thing to me is that we know the draft hardly ever goes like people think, and this one could be absolutely crazy, especially early. Now we have the Patriots with 2 first rounders I think, and the popular thinking is THEY might be collecting assets to move up for a QB. So now we have Browns, Bills, and Pats with 2 picks, and they all want a QB, possibly.
I'll tell you what, I've seen some videos of Josh Rosen lately, and I think the guy has done himself some good. He comes off as likeable, funny, and having more personality than given credit for. He's also answered some tough questions, some of them personal in nature. I've been impressed by him, and I'm guessing NFL execs are too. Now, along the same line is Baker Mayfield. THAT guy is popping up everywhere (on TV), and let me tell you, that kid has personality. Now, nobody gets drafted because they'd win a popularity contest, but Baker seems like a guy people would WANT to play with. He's funny, driven, and can really sling it. I think he's the perfect guy to be the face of a franchise that has struggled more than any in history. I really do. That being said, Josh Rosen has gone a long way to squish any fear I had about him being a douche bag and having no personality. Is he arrogant? I don't think so. I believe he's confident, and that's what I WANT.
The guy I'm concerned about is Sam Darnold. He just seems to have this "Aw Shucks" type of mentality. Now, I realize I don't really know any of these guys, and what I see on TV doesn't really mean squat, but I do wonder if Darnold has that "It Factor". How's he going to respond after getting his azz whipped in a game and throwing 3 picks? Because in my crazy mind, after Baker Mayfield throws 3 picks and loses a game, he's going to enter the "Insane Zone" and work his tail completely off without losing confidence.
The guy I'm concerned about is Sam Darnold. He just seems to have this "Aw Shucks" type of mentality. Now, I realize I don't really know any of these guys, and what I see on TV doesn't really mean squat, but I do wonder if Darnold has that "It Factor". How's he going to respond after getting his azz whipped in a game and throwing 3 picks? Because in my crazy mind, after Baker Mayfield throws 3 picks and loses a game, he's going to enter the "Insane Zone" and work his tail completely off without losing confidence.
I think of Joe Montana who always kept the same demeanor, but played lights out. Hopefully if we pick Darnold he will be just a larger version of "Joe Cool".
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login