A Chiefs fan assesment of Alex Smith and Pat Mahomes
-
Alex Smith on the Browns: '1-31 over the last 2 years just sounds amazing'
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/01/alex_smith_on_the_browns_1-31.html
Well...it is amazing. How can a team be that bad if they are not trying to be that bad.
Well...it is amazing. How can a team be that bad if they are not trying to be that bad.
Practice.....
-
-
Alex Smith on the Browns: '1-31 over the last 2 years just sounds amazing'
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/01/alex_smith_on_the_browns_1-31.html
Well...it is amazing. How can a team be that bad if they are not trying to be that bad.
Well...it is amazing. How can a team be that bad if they are not trying to be that bad.
I think they were trying to be that bad. Not the players, but the front office that is.
The reason we never see nba rebuilds in the NFL is starting that many first and second year players is guaranteeing a lousy season, especially when your QB is 21 years old.
Historically speaking, a 21 year old QB having a good rookie season is the exception, not the rule. The more I look at it, the more I realize how serious Sashi was when he said the team wouldn’t be able to compete until year 3. Cutting the vets loose, shopping for bargain bin QBs, trading down like madmen.... it all adds up to what we got, 2 miserable years, and treasure trove of off season assets to build for the third year. 6 of the top 65 picks, and 110 mil in cap space is lunacy.
while Sashi was the sacrificial lamb, there wasn’t exactly a complete FO overhaul, which tells me that the FO at least mostly did what they said they’d do, even if the fans don’t like it.
-
welcome & thanks KC-homer..agree with your opinion on McHolmes...A) what player trade position would you consider in Smith trade (DT/WR,,,)? Your opinion on Cam Erving trade?
Many fans have mentioned Josh Gordon or Bitonio. Pretty much all of us in KC, myself included, have no realistic idea about your roster or the availability of the players on it. Depending on who you ask, and how much they they love or hate Smith (it's 50/50 in KC) you'll get different answers. ....The trade for Cam Erving...we gave up I think a 5th rounder? .....to me that's more or less a lottery ticket pick that we spent to see if we could get something out of a former first rounder...so I like the trade in that sense....from what I saw of Erving play....I can see why you all traded him. For such a physical specimen, he way underplays his tools. He looked lost and timid. Our left guard might be the worst starting guard in all of the NFL and Erving couldn't beat him out (Witzmann in case you are wondering)
Many fans have mentioned Josh Gordon or Bitonio. Pretty much all of us in KC, myself included, have no realistic idea about your roster or the availability of the players on it.
Most teams Gm's won't consider Gordon as a trade-able asset as of yet..maybe trade deadline? Forget Bitonio..this past off season Joel was re-up'd to a 6 year deal till 2023..Sashi got that one right..ok maybe two? Cam-Stile Erv cost KC your 5th..Timid is a good word for Cam, that Kiper & many others need to learn..
-
welcome & thanks KC-homer..agree with your opinion on McHolmes...A) what player trade position would you consider in Smith trade (DT/WR,,,)? Your opinion on Cam Erving trade?
Many fans have mentioned Josh Gordon or Bitonio. Pretty much all of us in KC, myself included, have no realistic idea about your roster or the availability of the players on it. Depending on who you ask, and how much they they love or hate Smith (it's 50/50 in KC) you'll get different answers. ....The trade for Cam Erving...we gave up I think a 5th rounder? .....to me that's more or less a lottery ticket pick that we spent to see if we could get something out of a former first rounder...so I like the trade in that sense....from what I saw of Erving play....I can see why you all traded him. For such a physical specimen, he way underplays his tools. He looked lost and timid. Our left guard might be the worst starting guard in all of the NFL and Erving couldn't beat him out (Witzmann in case you are wondering)
from what I saw of Erving play....I can see why you all traded him. For such a physical specimen, he way underplays his tools. He looked lost and timid. Our left guard might be the worst starting guard in all of the NFL and Erving couldn't beat him out
...he's pretty pathetic. And he's an example of why we haven't improved. First round picks have to move your team forward...not backwards.
Good luck with Mahomes. I was hoping that we might've walked away from the draft with him. Instead we wound up with Peppers...who they let stand at the opposite end of the field like a goalie.
-
Alex Smith to Washington for a 3rd was announced last night.
That must mean Cousins to the Browns.
-
Alex Smith to Washington for a 3rd was announced last night.
That must mean Cousins to the Browns.
Alex Smith to Washington for a 3rd was announced last night.
That must mean Cousins to the Browns.
Not necessarily.
-
Alex Smith to Washington for a 3rd was announced last night.
That must mean Cousins to the Browns.
Not necessarily.
Not necessarily.
Killjoy!
-
Not necessarily.
Killjoy!
Killjoy!
Delusion breaker. Want to go over to the political board?

-
Killjoy!
Delusion breaker. Want to go over to the political board?

Delusion breaker. Want to go over to the political board?

I prefer staying over here, and make the Browns great again!
-
Delusion breaker. Want to go over to the political board?

I prefer staying over here, and make the Browns great again!
I prefer staying over here, and make the Browns great again!
LOL! Me too most of the time, but it is fun to go tweak a tail or two now and again.

Sorry about your Dad. Just read that on another thread.
-
I prefer staying over here, and make the Browns great again!
LOL! Me too most of the time, but it is fun to go tweak a tail or two now and again.

Sorry about your Dad. Just read that on another thread.
LOL! Me too most of the time, but it is fun to go tweak a tail or two now and again.

Sorry about your Dad. Just read that on another thread.
He was the guy responsible for making me a Browns fan.
Would that be considered a family curse these days?

-
LOL! Me too most of the time, but it is fun to go tweak a tail or two now and again.

Sorry about your Dad. Just read that on another thread.
He was the guy responsible for making me a Browns fan.
Would that be considered a family curse these days?

He was the guy responsible for making me a Browns fan.
Would that be considered a family curse these days?

So you were an abused child I see. My dad was a lifelong A&M fan who got to see a National Championship as a freshman in 1939. I'm still waiting as 71 approaches in March.

-
He was the guy responsible for making me a Browns fan.
Would that be considered a family curse these days?

So you were an abused child I see. My dad was a lifelong A&M fan who got to see a National Championship as a freshman in 1939. I'm still waiting as 71 approaches in March.

So you were an abused child I see. My dad was a lifelong A&M fan who got to see a National Championship as a freshman in 1939. I'm still waiting as 71 approaches in March.

The Aggies and the Browns...long dry spell for both teams.
My dad took me to my first Browns game in 1967.
He didn't have anything nice to say about Blanton Collier...he was always a Paul Brown fan.
-
Getting Kendall Fuller is something Browns couldn't offer.. he was rated 90.0 this past season by PFF, the #8 CB in the league and in their "elite" range.
Good riddance.. I don't think Browns would have offered existing players.
-
This trade shows...to me...that the Redskins wanted Smith for a fairly long term....4 years and 70 mill? That is not stopgap QB price.
In reality...we are looking for a stopgap. And Smith is out. See Bridge QB thread for candidates.
-
-
Alex Smith to Washington for a 3rd was announced last night.
That must mean Cousins to the Browns.
Not necessarily.
Not necessarily.
Kizer 2018
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login