Skip to content

NFL.com's Pre-Combine grades are out...

The Browns Board
58 18 2.9k
  • We all get it...you hate Rosen.   Drop it.   Mark

    oh, knock it off. That IS rosen's weaknesses, and warpo sure as heck has a point. Your hero didn't get good reviews in his weaknesses,

    and seems overgraded due to popularity in the media. You don't like it, take it up with NFL.COM. I don't like his weaknesses, and they didn't even include all of them. You love him, your problem. It doesn't matter that I have no use for him on my draft list.     Allen's weaknesses weren't anything to brag about, either, etc etc for the other qb's.      Have a nice day.

  • @hoorta said:

    Here ya go...  

    GRADE       TITLE

    9.00-10    Once-in-lifetime player

    8.00-9.00  Perennial All-Pro

    7.50-7.99  Future All-Pro

    7.00-7.49 Pro Bowl to All-Pro Ability

    6.50-6.99 Good NFL Starter with Pro Bowl Potential

    6.00-6.49 Chance to become good NFL starter

    5.70-5.99 Could become early NFL starter

    So based on those grades.  Darnold is the only QB really worth taking high in round 1.

    @mark-o said:

    So based on those grades.  Darnold is the only QB really worth taking high in round 1.

    what do I know. It says he has a significant long wind up - I never even noticed. That could account for the many fumbles.

    If the Browns draft a qb at the top of the draft - it would be Darnold. I do like the kid. And he has the character to rally his teammates around him. Feisty - like Mayfield and Allen, but very accurate - and he seems the only one who could start quickly his rookie season if he had to.

  • We all get it...you hate Rosen.   Drop it.   Mark

    oh, knock it off. That IS rosen's weaknesses, and warpo sure as heck has a point. Your hero didn't get good reviews in his weaknesses,

    and seems overgraded due to popularity in the media. You don't like it, take it up with NFL.COM. I don't like his weaknesses, and they didn't even include all of them. You love him, your problem. It doesn't matter that I have no use for him on my draft list.     Allen's weaknesses weren't anything to brag about, either, etc etc for the other qb's.      Have a nice day.

    @calfoxwc said:

    oh, knock it off. That IS rosen's weaknesses, and warpo sure as heck has a point. Your hero didn't get good reviews in his weaknesses,

    and seems overgraded due to popularity in the media. You don't like it, take it up with NFL.COM. I don't like his weaknesses, and they didn't even include all of them. You love him, your problem. Have a nice day.

     Allen came in about exactly where I thought he would in the rankings... I had him #5, NFL has him #5.  🙂 We could have been mean and quoted all of Josh's weaknesses too ya know. I'll leave it at this one, and it's pretty scary...  NFL COMPARISON:  Jake Locker

    FWIW, I don't like Rosen's injury history either Cal. 

    The silly season has gotten into full swing, we have just begun to over-analyze. 

    @calfoxwc said:

    what do I know. It says he has a significant long wind up - I never even noticed. That could account for the many fumbles.

    If the Browns draft a qb at the top of the draft - it would be Darnold. I do like the kid. And he has the character to rally his teammates around him. Feisty - like Mayfield and Allen, but very accurate - and he seems the only one who could start quickly his rookie season if he had to.

    & if Allen was as accurate as Darnold, he'd have a 7.1 rating too...   (maybe better)   

  • We all get it...you hate Rosen.   Drop it.   Mark

    oh, knock it off. That IS rosen's weaknesses, and warpo sure as heck has a point. Your hero didn't get good reviews in his weaknesses,

    and seems overgraded due to popularity in the media. You don't like it, take it up with NFL.COM. I don't like his weaknesses, and they didn't even include all of them. You love him, your problem. It doesn't matter that I have no use for him on my draft list.     Allen's weaknesses weren't anything to brag about, either, etc etc for the other qb's.      Have a nice day.

    @calfoxwc said:

    We all get it...you hate Rosen.   Drop it.   Mark

    oh, knock it off. That IS rosen's weaknesses, and warpo sure as heck has a point. Your hero didn't get good reviews in his weaknesses,

    and seems overgraded due to popularity in the media. You don't like it, take it up with NFL.COM. I don't like his weaknesses, and they didn't even include all of them. You love him, your problem. It doesn't matter that I have no use for him on my draft list.     Allen's weaknesses weren't anything to brag about, either, etc etc for the other qb's.      Have a nice day.

    You've posted about his weaknesses every single day, multiple times per day.   And for what it's worth, I don't love Rosen.  If I'm forced to choose one today, I prefer Mayfield.    I like him more than boyfriend Allen but I like every QB in this draft more than Allen. 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    We all get it...you hate Rosen.   Drop it.   Mark

    oh, knock it off. That IS rosen's weaknesses, and warpo sure as heck has a point. Your hero didn't get good reviews in his weaknesses,

    and seems overgraded due to popularity in the media. You don't like it, take it up with NFL.COM. I don't like his weaknesses, and they didn't even include all of them. You love him, your problem. It doesn't matter that I have no use for him on my draft list.     Allen's weaknesses weren't anything to brag about, either, etc etc for the other qb's.      Have a nice day.

    You've posted about his weaknesses every single day, multiple times per day.   And for what it's worth, I don't love Rosen.  If I'm forced to choose one today, I prefer Mayfield.    I like him more than boyfriend Allen but I like every QB in this draft more than Allen. 

    @mark-o said:

    You've posted about his weaknesses every single day, multiple times per day.   And for what it's worth, I don't love Rosen.  If I'm forced to choose one today, I prefer Mayfield.    I like him more than boyfriend Allen but I like every QB in this draft more than Allen. 

    Not quite true for me Mark. I like Allen better than Lamar Jackson- but not by much...  

  • @mark-o said:

    You've posted about his weaknesses every single day, multiple times per day.   And for what it's worth, I don't love Rosen.  If I'm forced to choose one today, I prefer Mayfield.    I like him more than boyfriend Allen but I like every QB in this draft more than Allen. 

    Not quite true for me Mark. I like Allen better than Lamar Jackson- but not by much...  

    @hoorta said:

    Not quite true for me Mark. I like Allen better than Lamar Jackson- but not by much...  

    They're both busts so it doesn't really matter either way to me.

  • You've posted about his weaknesses every single day, multiple times per day.  Mark

    **************************************************************

    Nope. I was trying not to repeat myself, so I quit responding to adoring posts and talking about him. He's boring.

    I just slipped this morning, because of the grades, and what Warpo correctly observed.

    That's all, folks.

  • Heard Nelson is one of the best guards to come out of college in years....never seen him play a full game ...dont usually watch Notre Dame 

  • Thanks.   Now please refresh our memories on what the grades mean.   And if you have it....how those grades could compare to other draft classes.

    If I recall....a certain grade means that the evaluators feel that a guy could be Hall of Fame talent......other grades mean that a guy could be all star talent.....immediate starter.....backup...etc. 

    I tried to click on what I thought was a link to the grading system...but it did not work. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Now please refresh our memories on what the grades mean.

    They just use the Richter Scale.

  • Highest rated player...... Barkley...................... #1   #1   no brainer. Save for the Browns. They will indeed FukCK up another draft.

  • Highest rated player...... Barkley...................... #1   #1   no brainer. Save for the Browns. They will indeed FukCK up another draft.

    @ghoolie said:

    Highest rated player...... Barkley...................... #1   #1   no brainer. Save for the Browns. They will indeed FukCK up another draft.

    So they should take this highest graded player,  but Garrett was a horrible pick even though he was the highest graded player? 

    Makes perfect sense 

  • Barkley 7.5//Fournette 6.8//Cook 6.2//Mixion 6.0//Kamara 5.9//Hunt 5.5**********Under Barkley, 2 RB's sit at 5.8 & 4 RB's sit at 5.6... man, does Barkley drive a white bronco to The Penn or 6 white horses?

  • Highest rated player...... Barkley...................... #1   #1   no brainer. Save for the Browns. They will indeed FukCK up another draft.

    @ghoolie said:

    Highest rated player...... Barkley...................... #1   #1   no brainer. Save for the Browns. They will indeed FukCK up another draft.

    Ah wait just a minute there cowboy. This thing confirms for you that Barkley is the best with his 7.5 score?   OK fine and dandy.

    But Garrett had a score last year confirmed in the combine of 7.63.  But that was a bad pick?

    I think math school is calling. They want their degree back.😆

  • @ghoolie said:

    Highest rated player...... Barkley...................... #1   #1   no brainer. Save for the Browns. They will indeed FukCK up another draft.

    Ah wait just a minute there cowboy. This thing confirms for you that Barkley is the best with his 7.5 score?   OK fine and dandy.

    But Garrett had a score last year confirmed in the combine of 7.63.  But that was a bad pick?

    I think math school is calling. They want their degree back.😆

    @texasag1969 said:

    Ah wait just a minute there cowboy. This thing confirms for you that Barkley is the best with his 7.5 score?   OK fine and dandy.

    But Garrett had a score last year confirmed in the combine of 7.63.  But that was a bad pick?

    I think math school is calling. They want their degree back.😆

    Don't confuse the troll with facts.   Or better advice...don't even respond to his nonsense.   He's an attention whore....ignore it.

  • We all get it...you hate Rosen.   Drop it.   Mark

    oh, knock it off. That IS rosen's weaknesses, and warpo sure as heck has a point. Your hero didn't get good reviews in his weaknesses,

    and seems overgraded due to popularity in the media. You don't like it, take it up with NFL.COM. I don't like his weaknesses, and they didn't even include all of them. You love him, your problem. It doesn't matter that I have no use for him on my draft list.     Allen's weaknesses weren't anything to brag about, either, etc etc for the other qb's.      Have a nice day.

    @calfoxwc said:

    and seems overgraded due to popularity in the media.

    This is impressive in its stupidity, even for you cal. Well done.

  • AH-HA just as I thought even Darnold barely breaks the 7.0 mark in this so-so quarterback class, PLEASE sign some decent offseason FA QB and pick some stud first round players Barkley + __________ . (or two defense? OL + defense? )

    Yes I know it's an early report card but just do it right.......baby!

    .......edit add, the more I look at this class, the top candidates:

    7.00-7.49 Pro Bowl to All-Pro Ability (1 barely )

    6.00-6.49 Chance to become good NFL starter (3 barely)

    It would be a crime to blow two top 4 picks on any of them.

    GO BROWNS 2019!

  • Barkley’s comparison is Barry.Fu-cking. Sanders. They are on acid.

    Last year they made Bo Jackson as the comparison for Fournette..

  • Highest rated player...... Barkley...................... #1   #1   no brainer. Save for the Browns. They will indeed FukCK up another draft.

    @ghoolie said:

    Highest rated player...... Barkley...................... #1   #1   no brainer. Save for the Browns. They will indeed FukCK up another draft.

    Last year... highest rated player Garrett. So STFU.   last year or so your hero Lynch bust-o. 6.17,  hurt &sucks. 

    When we do screw up another draft, get back to me Tom, you aint got a crystal ball. 

  • Saquon's post combine numbers will put him in the 9.4 range 😛

  • AH-HA just as I thought even Darnold barely breaks the 7.0 mark in this so-so quarterback class, PLEASE sign some decent offseason FA QB and pick some stud first round players Barkley + __________ . (or two defense? OL + defense? )

    Yes I know it's an early report card but just do it right.......baby!

    .......edit add, the more I look at this class, the top candidates:

    7.00-7.49 Pro Bowl to All-Pro Ability (1 barely )

    6.00-6.49 Chance to become good NFL starter (3 barely)

    It would be a crime to blow two top 4 picks on any of them.

    GO BROWNS 2019!

    @mjp28 said:

    AH-HA just as I thought even Darnold barely breaks the 7.0 mark in this so-so quarterback class, PLEASE sign some decent offseason FA QB and pick some stud first round players Barkley + __________ . (or two defense? OL + defense? )

    Yes I know it's an early report card but just do it right.......baby!

    .......edit add, the more I look at this class, the top candidates:

    7.00-7.49 Pro Bowl to All-Pro Ability (1 barely )

    6.00-6.49 Chance to become good NFL starter (3 barely)

    It would be a crime to blow two top 4 picks on any of them.

    GO BROWNS 2019!

    I don't agree on that. I repeat: I think the QBs from this draft were so hyped last year, that they didn't live up to the hype. But NOBODY does. 

    If they are %100 right on their grades, they would still be way better QBs than any of the ones the Browns had since '99 (maybe Derek Anderson would have a 5 grade?). Say what you want, but not having a major hole in the QB position is HUGE. 

    I don't want to upgrade my rushing game from solid to stellar if we don't upgrade first our QB position from very bad to at least acceptable. And make no mistake, this draft is the way to upgrade the QB position, there's no savior coming from the FA or a trade.