Skip to content

Radio Buzz

The Browns Board
40 17 1.2k
  • @the-gipper said:

    What would you suggest?   Obviously the #3.....plus their 2d rounder? At minimum.

    Oh yes it depends how desperate they are, the BROWNS could do well with the #3, 4 picks but I don't think that they need to accumulate more than the 12 they already have. They don't have to give up the #1,4 unless it's a king's ransom. 

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh yes it depends how desperate they are, the BROWNS could do well with the #3, 4 picks but I don't think that they need to accumulate more than the 12 they already have. They don't have to give up the #1,4 unless it's a king's ransom. 

    Well....what they could do then would be to package some of those 2d rounders  to move back up into the late first round.   I agree that it is quality over quantity...but if you can get 3 first rounders again....that would be good.

  • I don't think they brought Dorsey in here to act like Ray Farmer, Sashi Brown, etc. The combo of trading down and drafting poorly/reaching has killed this franchise.

    I'd rather stand pat, not make any trades,and go down swinging than trade these assets away. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    Oh yes it depends how desperate they are, the BROWNS could do well with the #3, 4 picks but I don't think that they need to accumulate more than the 12 they already have. They don't have to give up the #1,4 unless it's a king's ransom. 

    Well....what they could do then would be to package some of those 2d rounders  to move back up into the late first round.   I agree that it is quality over quantity...but if you can get 3 first rounders again....that would be good.

    @the-gipper said:

    Well....what they could do then would be to package some of those 2d rounders  to move back up into the late first round.   I agree that it is quality over quantity...but if you can get 3 first rounders again....that would be good.

    As long as one isn't Man-zel.😆  Yeah cheap shot.

    But hello yes I'd go for less but better power picks......this might be an historic draft as it is with the BROWNS having 7 in the top 100 as it is of their 12.

  • Trading up to #1 for a RB?

    I'd love to play poker with whoever is peddling that cowpoop.   I'd be able to pay my rent taking them to the cleaners.

  • Trading up to #1 for a RB?

    I'd love to play poker with whoever is peddling that cowpoop.   I'd be able to pay my rent taking them to the cleaners.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Trading up to #1 for a RB?

    I'd love to play poker with whoever is peddling that cowpoop.   I'd be able to pay my rent taking them to the cleaners.

    Who's trading up to #1 for a RB?

  • If the Browns take the Colts deal, trade down, and don't get their desired QB, anarchy would reign in Cleveland haha.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Trading up to #1 for a RB?

    I'd love to play poker with whoever is peddling that cowpoop.   I'd be able to pay my rent taking them to the cleaners.

    Who's trading up to #1 for a RB?

    @mjp28 said:

    Who's trading up to #1 for a RB?

    Alex:  What is - not a god damn NFL worthy GM, that's for sure.  

  • the colts have so many holes on their team I can see them trading back but no way in hell do they give up picks to move up

  • If the Browns take the Colts deal, trade down, and don't get their desired QB, anarchy would reign in Cleveland haha.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    If the Browns take the Colts deal, trade down, and don't get their desired QB, anarchy would reign in Cleveland haha.

    And all of this still depends "IF" the BROWNS can or cannot sign an experienced quarterback in the FA market......NO QB, sign a rookie savior and debate on who starts him or Kizer. 😮

    Oh I can't wait until April 26.

  • Sounds like an excellent opportunity for us to lose out on the QB we have rated the highest. Would I like to get more assets? Sure. Would I like to absolutely get the QB we want with 100% certainty even more? You bet. 

    This isn't complicated. Draft the guy you like the most and don't play games with our future. 

  • or....it's all a clever ploy by the Colts.  they'll convince the Browns they'll use the #1 on a running back and then BAM!  once they have the #1 pick they swipe the Browns' top QB choice out from under them.  It's all a plot for revenge for the Trent Richardson trade.

  • Sounds like an excellent opportunity for us to lose out on the QB we have rated the highest. Would I like to get more assets? Sure. Would I like to absolutely get the QB we want with 100% certainty even more? You bet. 

    This isn't complicated. Draft the guy you like the most and don't play games with our future. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    This isn't complicated. Draft the guy you like the most and don't play games with our future. 

    Amen to that. There's several candidates that would qualify as the #1 pick at the strongest position of need. To not take one unless we pull Cousins out of our hat would be nothing short of absurd. 

  • If the Browns take the Colts deal, trade down, and don't get their desired QB, anarchy would reign in Cleveland haha.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    If the Browns take the Colts deal, trade down, and don't get their desired QB, anarchy would reign in Cleveland haha.

    Except...of course....they would claim that the DID get their desired QB.  Fair to say?   If the Giants took Rosen....and they took Darnold...they would say that they were after Darnold all the time.....and vice versa.

  • @darren15 said:

    While listening to CBS Sports radio earlier it was reported that the Colts are seriously looking to trade up to number 1 to take Barklay over the Giants ........ I wonder what we would get from the Colts in return ?

    What would you suggest?   Obviously the #3.....plus their 2d rounder? At minimum.

    @the-gipper said:

    What would you suggest?   Obviously the #3.....plus their 2d rounder? At minimum.

    Draft Value chart says their #3, the #35, plus a second next year.  Might be interested. That gives us the first, third, fourth, and last picks in the second round. 

    @browns1216 said:

    or....it's all a clever ploy by the Colts.  they'll convince the Browns they'll use the #1 on a running back and then BAM!  once they have the #1 pick they swipe the Browns' top QB choice out from under them.  It's all a plot for revenge for the Trent Richardson trade.

    Only way that would happen is if they think Luck is so damaged, it's time to move on. Even if in that scenario (Colts take Barkley) the Giants would do as I suspect and take a QB, that would Still leave 2 out of 3 for us to take- Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield. I could live with that. Or they could pull a Sonny Weaver draft day move- go up to #1, and then trade back to a team that really wants a QB.  However, if a team really wanted to move up to #1 for a qb- I'd think they'd deal directly with the Browns and cut out the middleman. 

    Finally- MHO is why? Would the Colts (or the Giants) want to take a RB? Even with a healthy OBJ (Giants) or Luck (Colts) Barkley isn't going to magically transform them into a Super Bowl caliber team. Plus, should the Browns take a QB, #1, Saquon is gonna be there for them without having to make a trade.   

  • Sounds like an excellent opportunity for us to lose out on the QB we have rated the highest. Would I like to get more assets? Sure. Would I like to absolutely get the QB we want with 100% certainty even more? You bet. 

    This isn't complicated. Draft the guy you like the most and don't play games with our future. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Sounds like an excellent opportunity for us to lose out on the QB we have rated the highest. Would I like to get more assets? Sure. Would I like to absolutely get the QB we want with 100% certainty even more? You bet. 

    This isn't complicated. Draft the guy you like the most and don't play games with our future. 

    More than likely the BROWNS will pick a QB with the #1 or 4 the way things appear to be going right now.

    I'm basically scrapping the 2018 season as a 5 win maximum  season and going for 2019 to compete, one thing for sure they can address a slew of needs all over the place. After 1-31 I've turned into a grumpy ol' realist. 😠

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Sounds like an excellent opportunity for us to lose out on the QB we have rated the highest. Would I like to get more assets? Sure. Would I like to absolutely get the QB we want with 100% certainty even more? You bet. 

    This isn't complicated. Draft the guy you like the most and don't play games with our future. 

    More than likely the BROWNS will pick a QB with the #1 or 4 the way things appear to be going right now.

    I'm basically scrapping the 2018 season as a 5 win maximum  season and going for 2019 to compete, one thing for sure they can address a slew of needs all over the place. After 1-31 I've turned into a grumpy ol' realist. 😠

    @mjp28 said:

    More than likely the BROWNS will pick a QB with the #1 or 4 the way things appear to be going right now.

    I'm basically scrapping the 2018 season as a 5 win maximum  season and going for 2019 to compete, one thing for sure they can address a slew of needs all over the place. After 1-31 I've turned into a grumpy ol' realist. 😠

    It will depend who they get as the "bridge" QB.  McCown won 5 games with a roster as talent depleted as the Browns. If Kizer hadn't been epically bad, we probably would have won a few games last year. 

    I currently just don't see the Browns in the market for Cousins. 

  • I don't think they brought Dorsey in here to act like Ray Farmer, Sashi Brown, etc. The combo of trading down and drafting poorly/reaching has killed this franchise.

    I'd rather stand pat, not make any trades,and go down swinging than trade these assets away. 

    @bob806 said:

    I don't think they brought Dorsey in here to act like Ray Farmer, Sashi Brown, etc. The combo of trading down and drafting poorly/reaching has killed this franchise.

    I'd rather stand pat, not make any trades,and go down swinging than trade these assets away. 

    Well said Bob!!!

    I agree, Dorsey & his boys were brought here to get QUALITY rather than quantity. I wouldn't mind trading UP to improve the quality of picks AFTER #4, but I'm extremely tired of trading down.

    Mike

  • If the Browns take the Colts deal, trade down, and don't get their desired QB, anarchy would reign in Cleveland haha.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    If the Browns take the Colts deal, trade down, and don't get their desired QB, anarchy would reign in Cleveland haha.

    And that would differ from now @ 1-31 exactly how?🙄

  • Luck is done,Colts are trading up for a QB

  • Luck is done,Colts are trading up for a QB

    @7moses7 said:

    Luck is done,Colts are trading up for a QB

    Smart move by Colts. If Foles decides on starter money? Frank Reich will have the inside track to Foles out of division. Reich is a good dude, watch his back-up again hire at Colts presser. Reports read Frank is trying to hire Don Beebe as his WR coach.. still see Colts/NYG figuring out a small trade down to best OLman.. Denver should also look OL, but Elway can't do anything smart in drafting..Including his QB's