Skip to content

The Combine - a few days away...

The Browns Board
152 20 3.3k
  • @tiamat63 said:

    Like Mariota and Winston have?

    Which is the "right" offense, might I ask?   You're just spouting words at this point and about to be put on ignore.  

    Also...  John Boy had 3 future NFL players in front of him, a top 20 receiver and for all that "best conference in the NCAA" cowpoop... of the 3 best teams in said conference, he beat only 1 of them...    once.   Bama' in 12.   Couldn't get by LSU twice, Florida or Bama the second time and a defensive deficient Mizzou his final year.

    Stop using that Shmucker as any type of comparison for anything otherwise you're just trolling.  

    I don't support Rosen because of his "stats".    I back the kid because he's flashed high level traits and moments in nearly every game I've watched that would point to a quality NFL starter.

    The right offense is not one where Allen is rushing the ball. Look up his rushing attempts and figure it out for yourself because I dont have time to explain to you.

    Also, GFY

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @boo-fagley said:

    The right offense is not one where Allen is rushing the ball. Look up his rushing attempts and figure it out for yourself because I dont have time to explain to you.

    Also, GFY

    Designed or scrambles? Something tells me you're half assing it and not distinguish the two.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Facts are apparently optional for the Allen faction.

    Try a Mike MayOCK QB Brown pill  https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/2/26/17043068/mike-mayock-talks-browns-qb-options-in-the-first-round  

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #70

    @gumby73 said:

    Try a Mike MayOCK QB Brown pill  https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/2/26/17043068/mike-mayock-talks-browns-qb-options-in-the-first-round  

    Oh-oh- time for "The Quarterback Whisperer" to try and fix Allen's bad footisies when he throws.... 

  • @gumby73 said:

    Try a Mike MayOCK QB Brown pill  https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/2/26/17043068/mike-mayock-talks-browns-qb-options-in-the-first-round  

    Oh-oh- time for "The Quarterback Whisperer" to try and fix Allen's bad footisies when he throws.... 

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #71

    @hoorta said:

    Oh-oh- time for "The Quarterback Whisperer" to try and fix Allen's bad footisies when he throws.... 

    Surely the bad footwork that causes the inaccuracy will not reappear when in a pressure situation....

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #72

    Based on nothing concrete, just a hunch, I think the Browns turn in Sam Darnold's name with the #1 pick. 

  • @gumby73 said:

    Try a Mike MayOCK QB Brown pill  https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/2/26/17043068/mike-mayock-talks-browns-qb-options-in-the-first-round  

    Oh-oh- time for "The Quarterback Whisperer" to try and fix Allen's bad footisies when he throws.... 

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by
    #73

    @hoorta said:

    Oh-oh- time for "The Quarterback Whisperer" to try and fix Allen's bad footisies when he throws.... 

    Comparing Allen to Jamarcus Russel is no compliment, but Mayock brings up an excellent point about Haley and the type of QB that excels in his offense. When I look at Allen I see another Ben. 

    The comment about footwork is a good one too. People underestimate how important QB motor skills are like footwork. The wrong stance can effect your throws. Brady still has a QB coach that he works with to this day. Several years ago, Brady was telegraphing when he would throw under center after he had won 3 Super Bowls. I believe that Allen rusting the ball had an effect on his passing too.The whole proper throwing sequence can get off so easily, just like a baseball pitcher or hitter. They have played baseball their whole lives good enough to reach the big leagues, but are suddenly doing something wrong.

  • @hoorta said:

    Oh-oh- time for "The Quarterback Whisperer" to try and fix Allen's bad footisies when he throws.... 

    Surely the bad footwork that causes the inaccuracy will not reappear when in a pressure situation....

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Surely the bad footwork that causes the inaccuracy will not reappear when in a pressure situation....

    If it is not corrected by professional coaching.

    Penn State Larry Johnson came to the Chiefs and was carrying the ball wrong. Had to be taught the correct way.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Try a Mike MayOCK QB Brown pill  https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/2/26/17043068/mike-mayock-talks-browns-qb-options-in-the-first-round  

    Oh-oh- time for "The Quarterback Whisperer" to try and fix Allen's bad footisies when he throws.... 

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by
    #75

    @hoorta said:

    Oh-oh- time for "The Quarterback Whisperer" to try and fix Allen's bad footisies when he throws.... 

    People refuse to hear it because they are so fixated on Rosen and Darnold

    BnXsUriIUAAQ7Dg.jpg:large

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Surely the bad footwork that causes the inaccuracy will not reappear when in a pressure situation....

    If it is not corrected by professional coaching.

    Penn State Larry Johnson came to the Chiefs and was carrying the ball wrong. Had to be taught the correct way.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #76

    @boo-fagley said:

    If it is not corrected by professional coaching.

    Penn State Larry Johnson came to the Chiefs and was carrying the ball wrong. Had to be taught the correct way.

    So you think the positioning for carrying a football is the same as a QB's throwing motion? 

  • @boo-fagley said:

    If it is not corrected by professional coaching.

    Penn State Larry Johnson came to the Chiefs and was carrying the ball wrong. Had to be taught the correct way.

    So you think the positioning for carrying a football is the same as a QB's throwing motion? 

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #77

    @logicisforsquares said:

    So you think the positioning for carrying a football is the same as a QB's throwing motion? 

    This is just becoming silly at this point.  The Allen humpers refuse to acknowledge any of his short comings.   With 2 months to go....Allen and Poes stalking victim Barkley will both be fitted for gold jackets by the draft from these clowns.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #78

    yet, I've admitted Allen needs some time many times. You just don't read, you want to emotionally knee jerk like the typical

    rosenbum poster licker.

  • yeah, me too. SO...

    I think I want to study the qb's, wr's and rb's most of all the positions in the combine.

    I'm looking for Mike White, Darnold and Allen to light it up.

    and I keep wondering about Eq? St. Brown - and a few others, like D. J. Chark to light it up.

    and Ballage. we'll see.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #79

    @calfoxwc said:

    yeah, me too. SO...

    I think I want to study the qb's, wr's and rb's most of all the positions in the combine.

    I'm looking for Mike White, Darnold and Allen to light it up.

    And, of course, if they do not....and Rosen does, you will have some dodge or excuse as to why.

    and I keep wondering about Eq? St. Brown - and a few others, like D. J. Chark to light it up.

    and Ballage. we'll see.

    Is Fitzpatrick at the combine?  We need to watch how he does. 

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    So you think the positioning for carrying a football is the same as a QB's throwing motion? 

    This is just becoming silly at this point.  The Allen humpers refuse to acknowledge any of his short comings.   With 2 months to go....Allen and Poes stalking victim Barkley will both be fitted for gold jackets by the draft from these clowns.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #80

    @mark-o said:

    This is just becoming silly at this point.  The Allen humpers refuse to acknowledge any of his short comings.   With 2 months to go....Allen and Poes stalking victim Barkley will both be fitted for gold jackets by the draft from these clowns.

    To be fair.....at least there is a fair consensus on the status of Barkley compared to Allen. 

    While perhaps we can joke that we fear that Barkley may be another Curtis Enis or Blair Thomas....that is purely a matter of the college they attended.

    On the positive side...some say he could be another Zeke Elliott...possibly. On the negative, they say he could be another Trent Richardson.  Who really knows.

    I think the road is much rougher for Allen. Nothing on him particularly....but how many big, strong armed, mobile type QBs have we seen that have come out on the short end of the stick.  To my view...Allen, more than Rosen....has a better chance to end up Ryan Leaf like.....or Mike Phipps/Derek Anderson/DeShone Kizer/Brandon Weeden like. 

    Rosen is different.  On the plus side, you never know, he could be an Aaron Rodgers like persona  (they have the same nose anyway!😆)   But he could also be a disappointment.  Sort of Matt Leinertish.   Same for Darnold.  Again, you never know.

  • @hoorta said:

    Oh-oh- time for "The Quarterback Whisperer" to try and fix Allen's bad footisies when he throws.... 

    People refuse to hear it because they are so fixated on Rosen and Darnold

    BnXsUriIUAAQ7Dg.jpg:large

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @boo-fagley said:

    People refuse to hear it because they are so fixated on Rosen and Darnold

    You should know by now I'm not fixated on either. I don't want the Browns taking a project with a capital P quarterback with the #1 overall. Allen has higher bust potential in my mind than any of Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield. #4 on my desirability list, and I doubt the combine and pro days will change my opinion much.

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #82

    Darnold decided not to throw at the combine so as of now as far as i know he is the only one to back out of that

  • @calfoxwc said:

    yeah, me too. SO...

    I think I want to study the qb's, wr's and rb's most of all the positions in the combine.

    I'm looking for Mike White, Darnold and Allen to light it up.

    And, of course, if they do not....and Rosen does, you will have some dodge or excuse as to why.

    and I keep wondering about Eq? St. Brown - and a few others, like D. J. Chark to light it up.

    and Ballage. we'll see.

    Is Fitzpatrick at the combine?  We need to watch how he does. 

    S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
    #83

    @the-gipper said:

    Simmie Cobb looked very good in the Ohio state game.  He's a big wr too. 

    He'd be a great mid round pick 

  • yet, I've admitted Allen needs some time many times. You just don't read, you want to emotionally knee jerk like the typical

    rosenbum poster licker.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #84

    @calfoxwc said:

    yet, I've admitted Allen needs some time many times. You just don't read, you want to emotionally knee jerk like the typical

    rosenbum poster licker.

    I almost feel embarrassed for you after reading your immature, childish retorts.

  • yet, I've admitted Allen needs some time many times. You just don't read, you want to emotionally knee jerk like the typical

    rosenbum poster licker.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @calfoxwc said:

    yet, I've admitted Allen needs some time many times. You just don't read, you want to emotionally knee jerk like the typical

    rosenbum poster licker.

    To the first statement....To me, it's foolish to draft a QB that is a project and needs time at #1 overall or even #4 overall on a team that has more holes than swiss cheese.  This team needs guys who can play, not a guy who needs 2 or 3 years of sitting around learning how to play.  We already have that guy on the roster, why do we want to go that route again.

    As for the 2nd statement...Nice to see that you've really grown up in the last week since I've spent a lot of time on the board.  🙄

  • @calfoxwc said:

    yet, I've admitted Allen needs some time many times. You just don't read, you want to emotionally knee jerk like the typical

    rosenbum poster licker.

    I almost feel embarrassed for you after reading your immature, childish retorts.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #86

    @dutch-oven said:

    I almost feel embarrassed for you after reading your immature, childish retorts.

    I would guess that "almost" is the key word in that sentence.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I almost feel embarrassed for you after reading your immature, childish retorts.

    I would guess that "almost" is the key word in that sentence.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #87

    @mark-o said:

    I would guess that "almost" is the key word in that sentence.

    It's laughable how obviously transparent his hatred is of Rosen. 

    You don't hold a grudge, a vendetta like his against some kid he's never met who could very well NOT PLAY FOR THE BROWNS just because you think his teammates don't like him and that he comes from a rich family. You say you'd rather not draft him and move on. 

    His non-stop bitching and moaning, name-calling and childishness against Rosen has a very personal feel to it. Despite his pathetic attempts to convince everyone, we all know why he feels such vitriol towards him. 

  • @mark-o said:

    I would guess that "almost" is the key word in that sentence.

    It's laughable how obviously transparent his hatred is of Rosen. 

    You don't hold a grudge, a vendetta like his against some kid he's never met who could very well NOT PLAY FOR THE BROWNS just because you think his teammates don't like him and that he comes from a rich family. You say you'd rather not draft him and move on. 

    His non-stop bitching and moaning, name-calling and childishness against Rosen has a very personal feel to it. Despite his pathetic attempts to convince everyone, we all know why he feels such vitriol towards him. 

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #88

    @dutch-oven said:

    It's laughable how obviously transparent his hatred is of Rosen. 

    You don't hold a grudge, a vendetta like his against some kid he's never met who could very well NOT PLAY FOR THE BROWNS just because you think his teammates don't like him and that he comes from a rich family. You say you'd rather not draft him and move on. 

    His non-stop bitching and moaning, name-calling and childishness against Rosen has a very personal feel to it. Despite his pathetic attempts to convince everyone, we all know why he feels such vitriol towards him. 

    I'm guessing it has something to do with politics and the political board that I couldn't be paid enough money to read.