The Combine - a few days away...
-
Surely the bad footwork that causes the inaccuracy will not reappear when in a pressure situation....
If it is not corrected by professional coaching.
Penn State Larry Johnson came to the Chiefs and was carrying the ball wrong. Had to be taught the correct way.
-
Try a Mike MayOCK QB Brown pill https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/2/26/17043068/mike-mayock-talks-browns-qb-options-in-the-first-round
Oh-oh- time for "The Quarterback Whisperer" to try and fix Allen's bad footisies when he throws....
-
Surely the bad footwork that causes the inaccuracy will not reappear when in a pressure situation....
If it is not corrected by professional coaching.
Penn State Larry Johnson came to the Chiefs and was carrying the ball wrong. Had to be taught the correct way.
If it is not corrected by professional coaching.
Penn State Larry Johnson came to the Chiefs and was carrying the ball wrong. Had to be taught the correct way.
So you think the positioning for carrying a football is the same as a QB's throwing motion?
-
If it is not corrected by professional coaching.
Penn State Larry Johnson came to the Chiefs and was carrying the ball wrong. Had to be taught the correct way.
So you think the positioning for carrying a football is the same as a QB's throwing motion?
So you think the positioning for carrying a football is the same as a QB's throwing motion?
This is just becoming silly at this point. The Allen humpers refuse to acknowledge any of his short comings. With 2 months to go....Allen and Poes stalking victim Barkley will both be fitted for gold jackets by the draft from these clowns.
-
yet, I've admitted Allen needs some time many times. You just don't read, you want to emotionally knee jerk like the typical
rosenbum poster licker.
-
yeah, me too. SO...
I think I want to study the qb's, wr's and rb's most of all the positions in the combine.
I'm looking for Mike White, Darnold and Allen to light it up.
and I keep wondering about Eq? St. Brown - and a few others, like D. J. Chark to light it up.
and Ballage. we'll see.
yeah, me too. SO...
I think I want to study the qb's, wr's and rb's most of all the positions in the combine.
I'm looking for Mike White, Darnold and Allen to light it up.
And, of course, if they do not....and Rosen does, you will have some dodge or excuse as to why.
and I keep wondering about Eq? St. Brown - and a few others, like D. J. Chark to light it up.
and Ballage. we'll see.
Is Fitzpatrick at the combine? We need to watch how he does.
-
So you think the positioning for carrying a football is the same as a QB's throwing motion?
This is just becoming silly at this point. The Allen humpers refuse to acknowledge any of his short comings. With 2 months to go....Allen and Poes stalking victim Barkley will both be fitted for gold jackets by the draft from these clowns.
This is just becoming silly at this point. The Allen humpers refuse to acknowledge any of his short comings. With 2 months to go....Allen and Poes stalking victim Barkley will both be fitted for gold jackets by the draft from these clowns.
To be fair.....at least there is a fair consensus on the status of Barkley compared to Allen.
While perhaps we can joke that we fear that Barkley may be another Curtis Enis or Blair Thomas....that is purely a matter of the college they attended.
On the positive side...some say he could be another Zeke Elliott...possibly. On the negative, they say he could be another Trent Richardson. Who really knows.
I think the road is much rougher for Allen. Nothing on him particularly....but how many big, strong armed, mobile type QBs have we seen that have come out on the short end of the stick. To my view...Allen, more than Rosen....has a better chance to end up Ryan Leaf like.....or Mike Phipps/Derek Anderson/DeShone Kizer/Brandon Weeden like.
Rosen is different. On the plus side, you never know, he could be an Aaron Rodgers like persona (they have the same nose anyway!
) But he could also be a disappointment. Sort of Matt Leinertish. Same for Darnold. Again, you never know.
-
People refuse to hear it because they are so fixated on Rosen and Darnold
You should know by now I'm not fixated on either. I don't want the Browns taking a project with a capital P quarterback with the #1 overall. Allen has higher bust potential in my mind than any of Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield. #4 on my desirability list, and I doubt the combine and pro days will change my opinion much.
-
-
yeah, me too. SO...
I think I want to study the qb's, wr's and rb's most of all the positions in the combine.
I'm looking for Mike White, Darnold and Allen to light it up.
And, of course, if they do not....and Rosen does, you will have some dodge or excuse as to why.
and I keep wondering about Eq? St. Brown - and a few others, like D. J. Chark to light it up.
and Ballage. we'll see.
Is Fitzpatrick at the combine? We need to watch how he does.
Simmie Cobb looked very good in the Ohio state game. He's a big wr too.
He'd be a great mid round pick
-
yet, I've admitted Allen needs some time many times. You just don't read, you want to emotionally knee jerk like the typical
rosenbum poster licker.
-
yet, I've admitted Allen needs some time many times. You just don't read, you want to emotionally knee jerk like the typical
rosenbum poster licker.
yet, I've admitted Allen needs some time many times. You just don't read, you want to emotionally knee jerk like the typical
rosenbum poster licker.
To the first statement....To me, it's foolish to draft a QB that is a project and needs time at #1 overall or even #4 overall on a team that has more holes than swiss cheese. This team needs guys who can play, not a guy who needs 2 or 3 years of sitting around learning how to play. We already have that guy on the roster, why do we want to go that route again.
As for the 2nd statement...Nice to see that you've really grown up in the last week since I've spent a lot of time on the board.

-
I almost feel embarrassed for you after reading your immature, childish retorts.
I would guess that "almost" is the key word in that sentence.
-
I almost feel embarrassed for you after reading your immature, childish retorts.
I would guess that "almost" is the key word in that sentence.
I would guess that "almost" is the key word in that sentence.
It's laughable how obviously transparent his hatred is of Rosen.
You don't hold a grudge, a vendetta like his against some kid he's never met who could very well NOT PLAY FOR THE BROWNS just because you think his teammates don't like him and that he comes from a rich family. You say you'd rather not draft him and move on.
His non-stop bitching and moaning, name-calling and childishness against Rosen has a very personal feel to it. Despite his pathetic attempts to convince everyone, we all know why he feels such vitriol towards him.
-
I would guess that "almost" is the key word in that sentence.
It's laughable how obviously transparent his hatred is of Rosen.
You don't hold a grudge, a vendetta like his against some kid he's never met who could very well NOT PLAY FOR THE BROWNS just because you think his teammates don't like him and that he comes from a rich family. You say you'd rather not draft him and move on.
His non-stop bitching and moaning, name-calling and childishness against Rosen has a very personal feel to it. Despite his pathetic attempts to convince everyone, we all know why he feels such vitriol towards him.
It's laughable how obviously transparent his hatred is of Rosen.
You don't hold a grudge, a vendetta like his against some kid he's never met who could very well NOT PLAY FOR THE BROWNS just because you think his teammates don't like him and that he comes from a rich family. You say you'd rather not draft him and move on.
His non-stop bitching and moaning, name-calling and childishness against Rosen has a very personal feel to it. Despite his pathetic attempts to convince everyone, we all know why he feels such vitriol towards him.
I'm guessing it has something to do with politics and the political board that I couldn't be paid enough money to read.
-
It's laughable how obviously transparent his hatred is of Rosen.
You don't hold a grudge, a vendetta like his against some kid he's never met who could very well NOT PLAY FOR THE BROWNS just because you think his teammates don't like him and that he comes from a rich family. You say you'd rather not draft him and move on.
His non-stop bitching and moaning, name-calling and childishness against Rosen has a very personal feel to it. Despite his pathetic attempts to convince everyone, we all know why he feels such vitriol towards him.
I'm guessing it has something to do with politics and the political board that I couldn't be paid enough money to read.
-
Darnold not throwing is a bit of a bummer.
I'm sure that his agent told him that he's the #1 overall pick and that it wouldn't be in his own best interest to throw at the combine.
Allen has to throw (IMO) because he's gotta prove that he's accurate. (although that could be a reason NOT to throw with guys that he's not used to working with)
Rosen's agent made him come out and say that he NEVER said that he didn't want to play for Cleveland...and that he has NO IDEA where that could've come from. But he's on tape stating that he wouldn't see anything wrong with falling a little bit to the 'right' team rather than being picked early. It's ok Josh. We understand that NO QB in their right mind really wants to come to Cleveland right now. Just don't SAY it...Cos ya gotta go where they draft ya. Preferably someplace with a good OL so that frail noggin' and body of yours doesn't get hurt.
And Mary Kay is worried about what she saw at the senior bowl regarding Mayfield. She came away with the feeling that he could still have a little of that Manziel mentality in him. - She was there, I wasn't.
The combine kinda' get's the draft season rolling. Teams get accurate measurements and a chance to interview players. And the QB interviews will be very important for us. I would love to be a fly on the wall for Rosen and Mayfield's chat with us.
-
Darnold not throwing is a bit of a bummer.
I'm sure that his agent told him that he's the #1 overall pick and that it wouldn't be in his own best interest to throw at the combine.
Allen has to throw (IMO) because he's gotta prove that he's accurate. (although that could be a reason NOT to throw with guys that he's not used to working with)
Rosen's agent made him come out and say that he NEVER said that he didn't want to play for Cleveland...and that he has NO IDEA where that could've come from. But he's on tape stating that he wouldn't see anything wrong with falling a little bit to the 'right' team rather than being picked early. It's ok Josh. We understand that NO QB in their right mind really wants to come to Cleveland right now. Just don't SAY it...Cos ya gotta go where they draft ya. Preferably someplace with a good OL so that frail noggin' and body of yours doesn't get hurt.
And Mary Kay is worried about what she saw at the senior bowl regarding Mayfield. She came away with the feeling that he could still have a little of that Manziel mentality in him. - She was there, I wasn't.
The combine kinda' get's the draft season rolling. Teams get accurate measurements and a chance to interview players. And the QB interviews will be very important for us. I would love to be a fly on the wall for Rosen and Mayfield's chat with us.
And Mary Kay is worried about what she saw at the senior bowl regarding Mayfield. She came away with the feeling that he could still have a little of that Manziel mentality in him. - She was there, I wasn't.
Could you elaborate on this or post a link to her talking about it?
This is interesting.
-
-
And Mary Kay is worried about what she saw at the senior bowl regarding Mayfield. She came away with the feeling that he could still have a little of that Manziel mentality in him. - She was there, I wasn't.
Could you elaborate on this or post a link to her talking about it?
This is interesting.
Could you elaborate on this or post a link to her talking about it?
This is interesting.
They spoke with her today on 92 The Fan around 11:00am. I was at my desk working with their Internet site on and heard it (well from 11:07 on - I was away from my desk 'til then so I don't know how much I missed)
She didn't go into specifics but said that she saw a few things from him that sent up 'little red flags' (her words). I know that he was very late getting there (his mother was in the hospital). I know that he told Chicago that he wouldn't talk to them since they just drafted their QB.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
