Skip to content

Shelton traded to the Patriots

The Browns Board
144 45 5.0k 1
  • @westside-steve said:

    Because the Patriots third round pick is like maybe one or two away from the first pick in the 4th round. Where you find All Pro defensive lineman everyday...

    😆

    WSS

    ...... almost as unlikely as finding a HoF QB in the 6th.

    😆

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #84

    @d-bone said:

    ...... almost as unlikely as finding a HoF QB in the 6th.

    😆

    I gotta play poker with you one of these days...

    😎

    WSS

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    No this is an indictment of how garbage the Browns pass D was last year. They allowed their opponents to complete nearly 70% of their passes. They were making scrubs look like Joe Montana.

    I guess I’m confused. So the argument here for dumping Shelton is the fact that our pass D was so bad that we don’t need to bother stopping the run either so what’s the point? 

    Again...

    Rushing Defense was #7 against run. 

    Per attempt was 3.4 good enough for #2 in the league. 

    Man... what a scrub Danny was

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @hx214 said:

    I guess I’m confused. So the argument here for dumping Shelton is the fact that our pass D was so bad that we don’t need to bother stopping the run either so what’s the point? 

    Again...

    Rushing Defense was #7 against run. 

    Per attempt was 3.4 good enough for #2 in the league. 

    Man... what a scrub Danny was

    You are creating arguments I never made. You would make a great wife. I already stated that I don’t get this move.

    I wanted to know if there was a smaller sample size because teams didn’t have to bother with running against the Browns. Like the fellas with an insane QBR because they have a limited number of passes.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    No this is an indictment of how garbage the Browns pass D was last year. They allowed their opponents to complete nearly 70% of their passes. They were making scrubs look like Joe Montana.

    Sure helps when they have all day to throw the ball. 

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #86

    @sd_tom said:

    Sure helps when they have all day to throw the ball. 

    There were several moving parts to that abortion.

  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #87

    That was a Planned Parenthood joke.

  • That was a Planned Parenthood joke.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #88

    @logicisforsquares said:

    That was a Planned Parenthood joke.

    oh geez....

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #89

    The truth is, the Patriots play different defenses, but they don't have a big NT once Alan Branch

     retires/leaves - he's 33. All their other dlinemen are 315/300. Adding Shelton to the mix will help them

    avoid another super bowl, where they faced an excellent defense, and they gave up about 150 yards rushing

    at the worst times. That third round pick can get the Browns a very good player that fits.

    I admire Danny Shelton - but he can shine as a NT for the Patriots. Good luck to him.

  • The truth is, the Patriots play different defenses, but they don't have a big NT once Alan Branch

     retires/leaves - he's 33. All their other dlinemen are 315/300. Adding Shelton to the mix will help them

    avoid another super bowl, where they faced an excellent defense, and they gave up about 150 yards rushing

    at the worst times. That third round pick can get the Browns a very good player that fits.

    I admire Danny Shelton - but he can shine as a NT for the Patriots. Good luck to him.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #90

    @calfoxwc said:

    The truth is, the Patriots play different defenses, but they don't have a big NT once Alan Branch

     retires/leaves - he's 33. All their other dlinemen are 315/300. Adding Shelton to the mix will help them

    avoid another super bowl, where they faced an excellent defense, and they gave up about 150 yards rushing

    at the worst times. That third round pick can get the Browns a very good player that fits.

    I admire Danny Shelton - but he can shine as a NT for the Patriots. Good luck to him.

    Cal, get out of here with that reasonable response. We either rage or love roster changes around here.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    The truth is, the Patriots play different defenses, but they don't have a big NT once Alan Branch

     retires/leaves - he's 33. All their other dlinemen are 315/300. Adding Shelton to the mix will help them

    avoid another super bowl, where they faced an excellent defense, and they gave up about 150 yards rushing

    at the worst times. That third round pick can get the Browns a very good player that fits.

    I admire Danny Shelton - but he can shine as a NT for the Patriots. Good luck to him.

    Cal, get out of here with that reasonable response. We either rage or love roster changes around here.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #91

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Cal, get out of here with that reasonable response. We either rage or love roster changes around here.

    Yeah, you can't fall in love with a particular player (with maybe the exception of Joe Thomas) Bill B doesn't. Let's face it, for where he was drafted Shelton under performed at least a little. Haloti Ngata he isn't. 

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Cal, get out of here with that reasonable response. We either rage or love roster changes around here.

    Yeah, you can't fall in love with a particular player (with maybe the exception of Joe Thomas) Bill B doesn't. Let's face it, for where he was drafted Shelton under performed at least a little. Haloti Ngata he isn't. 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #92

    @hoorta said:

    Yeah, you can't fall in love with a particular player (with maybe the exception of Joe Thomas) Bill B doesn't. Let's face it, for where he was drafted Shelton under performed at least a little. Haloti Ngata he isn't. 

    he's not a 4-3 guy plan and simple he played less than 50% of plays last year infact the exact # was 44% so i really do not understand why some people here are flipping out they make it sound like Shelton was headed for a yellow jacket

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #93

    not sure what 5th we lost? we own 2.(packers #150) or are own at #159?  this trade maybe the one Dorsey did not want to bring a black cloud into yesterdays sunny day..But sounds like May 2nd extention was not going to happen..did we know he was on trade block to Denver last season?    https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/3/10/17104362/browns-trading-dt-danny-shelton-to-the-patriots  

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #94

    Was Shelton THAT bad that THIS is the best we could do for him?

  • 7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by 7moses7
    #95

    Apparently so

  • Was Shelton THAT bad that THIS is the best we could do for him?

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #96

    @orion said:

    Was Shelton THAT bad that THIS is the best we could do for him?

    @7moses7 said:

    Apparently so

    Depo still sits in the same hot seat..I'd say they knew his value in & out the door.. 

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #97

    Shelton was a slow fat butt who really never did anything great.  No loss.

  • @hx214 said:

    Next time your selling something that has value let me know, ill be sure to offer ya 10% of the asking price if you like giving stuff away.

    If Danny was so bad, why did Billy want him. This reminds me of Sheard. 

    Guess I'll just trust Dorsey more than those of us internet GMs crying here........ 

    Time will tell. 

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #98

    @d-bone said:

    Guess I'll just trust Dorsey more than those of us internet GMs crying here........ 

    Time will tell. 

    Time will tell that that attitude from you will last about 6 games. 

  • @d-bone said:

    Guess I'll just trust Dorsey more than those of us internet GMs crying here........ 

    Time will tell. 

    Time will tell that that attitude from you will last about 6 games. 

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #99

    @wargograw said:

    Time will tell that that attitude from you will last about 6 games. 

    Maybe so..... but your condescending attitude will last a lifetime.  

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by Canton Mike

    All I can say is......

    "Well there goes ANOTHER jersey!". Shelton's is his original Browns' #71, which was changed to #55 when Mack left. Danny then signed it for me with his new #55 & he wrote "Throwback" on it.

    1) I'm not buying another until they change 'em in 2020 unless I can get a vintage Clay Matthews Jr #57 for a decent price.

    2) From now on, no more buying current players jerseys.

    Mike

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    Chris Fedor tweeted. . .

    Why can the Browns trade Danny Shelton? The draft pick that “football guy” Ray Farmer took? Because Sashi nailed the Larry Ogunjobi pick in Round 3.

  • I have a feeling Ogbah puts on weight and they draft Chubb at #4 

    they love Ogunjobi too

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @londonbrown said:

    I have a feeling Ogbah puts on weight and they draft Chubb at #4 

    they love Ogunjobi too

    And I'm thinking Chubb @ #1 because he will be gone by #4.

  • All I can say is......

    "Well there goes ANOTHER jersey!". Shelton's is his original Browns' #71, which was changed to #55 when Mack left. Danny then signed it for me with his new #55 & he wrote "Throwback" on it.

    1) I'm not buying another until they change 'em in 2020 unless I can get a vintage Clay Matthews Jr #57 for a decent price.

    2) From now on, no more buying current players jerseys.

    Mike

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @canton-mike said:

    All I can say is......

    "Well there goes ANOTHER jersey!". Shelton's is his original Browns' #71, which was changed to #55 when Mack left. Danny then signed it for me with his new #55 & he wrote "Throwback" on it.

    1) I'm not buying another until they 2020 unless I can get a vintage Clay Matthews Jr #57 for a decent price.

    2) From now on, no more buying current players jerseys.

    Mike

    Yeah, might as well wait until 2020 to get a new Browns jersey... that's the season the Browns are changing their uniforms again.