Skip to content

From nobody to the top of the first round of the draft - Josh Allen

The Browns Board
738 40 24.9k 1
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc

    eh? jblew never deserves an apology,he's always been an asswhole.... but that was my mistake. I"m busy.

    and I never promised you Allen haters a rose garden.๐Ÿ™„

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    So much for "grace"...

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    quote:

    "I never promised you a rose garden"

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    I did not realize that in their March 1st, Top 100 Prospects PFF had given Allen a 2nd Round grade (#34 ranked player) and had 5 other QBs in Round 1 including:

    1. Mayfield at #1
    2. Darnold at #2
    3. Rosen at #6
    4. Rudolph at #15... way to go, Gip!
    5. Jackson at #23..

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pff-draft-board-top-100-players-for-the-2018-nfl-draft

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    paraphrase:

    "Too busy.... to remember(?) or apparently care about the truth..."

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    nope - just went back nad made a mistake of looking back, went too fast.

    no rose garden for you.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    I'm just glad that we were able to confirm that cal's deep hatred of Rosen obviously has nothing to do with politics.ย 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I was simply responding to Tour's previous joke about military grade barns, asswhole.

    Here is what I said:

    "Now, if you had rosen, he's be afraid of the barn and any critters in it. And if he did hit the barn with a football,

    it would bounce back and give him a concussion and some banged up extremity. Then he would hate all barns, and

    whine and bitch about wanting Congress to ban barns...."

    I didn't bring politics into it, Tour did in a slight bit if humor, I responded in kind.

    Yes, jblew, you screwed yourself up again.

    Amazing... barely 24 hours have passed and reality has already escaped cal's grasp.

    Try again "asswhole"... here are the posts from the preceding page in the order in which they were posted as evidenced by the timestamps...

    @tour2ma said:

    I like mine better, jb...

    @calfoxwc said:

    I"m sure they had dent-free barns.

    FIFY...

    @calfoxwc said:

    nah. wooden barns are dent-free. Now, aluminum siding barns, sure, they dent. But not wooden barns.

    Maybe if you back your combine into it, you might leave a scratch....

    Now, if you had rosen, he's be afraid of the barn and any critters in it. And if he did hit the barn with a football,

    it would bounce back and give him a concussion and some banged up extremity. Then he would hate all barns, and

    whine and bitch about wanting Congress to ban barns....

    @tour2ma said:

    Not all barns... just military-grade barns in civilian hands.

    cal... time to demonstrate your claimed "grace" by apologizing to jblum...

    jbluhm86J jbluhm86 wrote on last edited by jbluhm86

    @tour2ma said:

    Amazing... barely 24 hours have passed and reality has already escaped cal's grasp.

    Try again "asswhole"... here are the posts from the preceding page in the order in which they were posted as evidenced by the timestamps...

    cal... time to demonstrate your claimed "grace" by apologizing to jblum...

    @calfoxwc said:

    eh? jblew never deserves an apology,he's always been an asswhole.... but that was my mistake. I"m busy.

    and I never promised you Allen haters a rose garden.๐Ÿ™„

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Yeah... cause to apologize is weak.

    Use of a liberal icon's (and Obama appointee) videos noted...

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    5ac0ff250ace4_Screenshot-2018-4-1Dorseypls.png.d5bea8a2c98bd2678f869aceec1e0387.png

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    This thought just occurred to me as being the summation of why I cannot get behind Allen...

    Collegiate QB prospects are far more likely to fail down than they are to fail up.

  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/960169194372452352

    Mike Clay@MikeClayNFL
    Worst final FBS season off-target rates among top QB prospects last 3 years:
    Josh Allen 16.3%
    DeShone Kizer 14.5%
    Jeff Driskel 14.4%
    Connor Cook 13.5%
    C Hackenberg 13.4%

    Worst final FBS season off-target rates among top QB prospects last 3 years: Josh Allen 16.3% DeShone Kizer 14.5% Jeff Driskel 14.4% Connor Cook 13.5% C Hackenberg 13.4%

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    so, AGAIN...it's getting boring with the hate. from your own link:

    *********************************************************

    redzoneโ€ย @Covertwo81 13h13 hours ago

    Replying to @MikeClayNFL

    Allen's last 5 games-10 TDs, 0 interceptions and the bad play by the other 3 qbs last game, and his poor supporting cast, lack of short passes & shotgun to pad stats like the others. Players improve & he changed mechanics & improved.

    ***********************************************************

    kizer played at NOTRE DAME. doesn't see the field.

    driskel played at FLORIDA and LOUISIANA TECH

    connor cook played at MICHIGAN STATE

    hackenburg played at PENN STATE

    who were their wr's? offensive line? te's? running backs? type of offense?

    Allen took little Wyoming to two bowl games on his shoulders.

  • so, AGAIN...it's getting boring with the hate. from your own link:

    *********************************************************

    redzoneโ€ย @Covertwo81 13h13 hours ago

    Replying to @MikeClayNFL

    Allen's last 5 games-10 TDs, 0 interceptions and the bad play by the other 3 qbs last game, and his poor supporting cast, lack of short passes & shotgun to pad stats like the others. Players improve & he changed mechanics & improved.

    ***********************************************************

    kizer played at NOTRE DAME. doesn't see the field.

    driskel played at FLORIDA and LOUISIANA TECH

    connor cook played at MICHIGAN STATE

    hackenburg played at PENN STATE

    who were their wr's? offensive line? te's? running backs? type of offense?

    Allen took little Wyoming to two bowl games on his shoulders.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    so, AGAIN...it's getting boring with the hate. from your own link:

    *********************************************************

    redzoneโ€ย @Covertwo81 13h13 hours ago

    Replying to @MikeClayNFL

    Allen's last 5 games-10 TDs, 0 interceptions and the bad play by the other 3 qbs last game, and his poor supporting cast, lack of short passes & shotgun to pad stats like the others. Players improve & he changed mechanics & improved.

    ***********************************************************

    kizer played at NOTRE DAME. doesn't see the field.

    driskel played at FLORIDA and LOUISIANA TECH

    connor cook played at MICHIGAN STATE

    hackenburg played at PENN STATE

    who were their wr's? offensive line? te's? running backs? type of offense?

    Allen took little Wyoming to two bowl games on his shoulders.

    Facts don't have opinions. ย 2+2 = 4 is not up for debate. Allen performed that way. His accuracy never got better from highschool all the way through college and he was the common denominator. I don't hate him. I would just prefer the Browns not be the one to try and move mountains for Allen so he can reach a skill level that he has never been able to achieve at any level of football. Why chance that at 1 or 4?ย 

    I don't see any tangible evidence that a QB dramatically gets better after being average against high school and college competition.ย 

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    I understand. But he went to a small hs, smaller college, one of three in town. Firebaugh hs was founded in 2005. Not an established powerhouse. And he was only 6'3", 180 lbs.

    I look at it like it's a team game, and stats depend on circumstances.

    A rb that goes to a small school with a poor offensive line and not much of a qb....does that mean they wouldn't be a star

    if they had played at one of the top universities in the country? I just think stats being attributed solely on the quality of the qb is a bunch of bullhockey.

    Ask yourself this - if rosen had gone to Wyoming, do you think he would have led them to

    a bowl game? I say, NOPE. Would rosen have been successful? NOPE, says I.

    Would rosen ever have gone to Wyoming? NOPE.

  • I understand. But he went to a small hs, smaller college, one of three in town. Firebaugh hs was founded in 2005. Not an established powerhouse. And he was only 6'3", 180 lbs.

    I look at it like it's a team game, and stats depend on circumstances.

    A rb that goes to a small school with a poor offensive line and not much of a qb....does that mean they wouldn't be a star

    if they had played at one of the top universities in the country? I just think stats being attributed solely on the quality of the qb is a bunch of bullhockey.

    Ask yourself this - if rosen had gone to Wyoming, do you think he would have led them to

    a bowl game? I say, NOPE. Would rosen have been successful? NOPE, says I.

    Would rosen ever have gone to Wyoming? NOPE.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    I understand. But he went to a small hs, smaller college, one of three in town. Firebaugh hs was founded in 2005. Not an established powerhouse. And he was only 6'3", 180 lbs.

    I look at it like it's a team game, and stats depend on circumstances.

    A rb that goes to a small school with a poor offensive line and not much of a qb....does that mean they wouldn't be a star

    if they had played at one of the top universities in the country? I just think stats being attributed solely on the quality of the qb is a bunch of bullhockey.

    Ask yourself this - if rosen had gone to Wyoming, do you think he would have led them to

    a bowl game? I say, NOPE. Would rosen have been successful? NOPE, says I.

    Would rosen ever have gone to Wyoming? NOPE.

    A good athlete playing at a rinky dink school is also playing against talent from other rinky dink schools. Single A ball is single A ball from school to school. I know. I played Single A ball. A few guys who went on to play D-II football looked like world beaters at that level.

    If grandma had balls,ย she would be grandpa. I donโ€™t give a hot sh-it about Rosen. He has his own issues and pluses.ย 

  • I understand. But he went to a small hs, smaller college, one of three in town. Firebaugh hs was founded in 2005. Not an established powerhouse. And he was only 6'3", 180 lbs.

    I look at it like it's a team game, and stats depend on circumstances.

    A rb that goes to a small school with a poor offensive line and not much of a qb....does that mean they wouldn't be a star

    if they had played at one of the top universities in the country? I just think stats being attributed solely on the quality of the qb is a bunch of bullhockey.

    Ask yourself this - if rosen had gone to Wyoming, do you think he would have led them to

    a bowl game? I say, NOPE. Would rosen have been successful? NOPE, says I.

    Would rosen ever have gone to Wyoming? NOPE.

    jbluhm86J jbluhm86 wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    I understand. But he went to a small hs, smaller college, one of three in town. Firebaugh hs was founded in 2005. Not an established powerhouse. And he was only 6'3", 180 lbs.

    I look at it like it's a team game, and stats depend on circumstances.

    A rb that goes to a small school with a poor offensive line and not much of a qb....does that mean they wouldn't be a star

    if they had played at one of the top universities in the country? I just think stats being attributed solely on the quality of the qb is a bunch of bullhockey.

    Ask yourself this - if rosen had gone to Wyoming, do you think he would have led them to

    a bowl game? I say, NOPE. Would rosen have been successful? NOPE, says I.

    Would rosen ever have gone to Wyoming? NOPE.

    The "small school" excuse is wearing pretty thin at this point...

    Ben Roethlisburger went to Miami University, my Alma mater, in the sh.itty MAC conference, and he still managed to throw twice as many TDs, have a better TD/INT ratio, and had a QB rating nearly 10 PTS higher than Josh Allen.ย 

    Ben:ย https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/ben-roethlisberger-1.html

    Josh:ย https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/josh-allen-7.html

    You have to face the facts: Josh Allen has a North Korean missile for an arm; it may be strong, but at the end of the day, it's not hitting shi.t.