Skip to content

Jets trade up

The Browns Board
127 32 6.3k
  • @hoorta said:

    And he drives me nuts...  Can I post 50 Baker is Da Bomb videos, and will you still love me? 

    Presumes that I currently "love you"...

    @orion said:

    They didn't trade with the Giants.  They probably called the Giants.  Why couldn't they move up to #2?  I'm going to have to assume that the Giants want their QB to groom also.  (of course the possibility DOES exist that the Jets don't really believe that the Giants WILL take a QB this year - I think they probably will because essentially, it's FREE this year.  You don't have to trade up and give away a King's ransom for the QB.  I guarantee you that the Giants do not expect to be picking anywhere near this high next year.)

    But in order to have made this trade, the Jets had to understand that it was quite possible that the 2 best QB's in the draft would be gone.  Assuming that those two are Rosen & Darnold, then they like Mayfield or Allen enough (and Rosen and Darnold in case one of THEM is there) to make the trade.

    Solid analysis...

    Completely agree that NYJ is fine with at least three QBs for the price they paid. But the funny thing is that so far, per Walter football's visit tracker, they've only met with two QBs, Darnold and Mayfield, and of the two Mayfield is the only one to have had more than a simple, 15-minute, Combine session... and Mayfield has met with them every way possible. Could be there's some lag in posting visits.

    The Giants? I'm guessing the same offer was not enough to move them to #6 and the increment between the 2nd and 3rd QB on NYJ's board is not great enough to warrant them ponying up anything more... but that's the Jets and that's today. Will be interested in seeing if Bills or Denver can do any better pre-Draft, and whether NYG stands strong until and after our selection is announced. The visit tracker offers no insight as they've met with six different QBs including all the Big 4, but again they've only worked out Mayfield in private.

    Apparently Baker made a weekend of it in the Big Apple...

    @tour2ma said:

    Presumes that I currently "love you"...

    😍😍😍 I'm SO upset. Glad that you've returned. Houston again this year? Don't bring the relatives.  🙂  

  • @tour2ma said:

    Presumes that I currently "love you"...

    😍😍😍 I'm SO upset. Glad that you've returned. Houston again this year? Don't bring the relatives.  🙂  

    @hoorta said:

    😍😍😍 I'm SO upset. Glad that you've returned. Houston again this year? Don't bring the relatives.  🙂  

    lol... definitely heading to Houston again... and definitely staying with the relatives.

    But this time Imma do the plannin' and sitting with them is optional.

  • @hoorta said:

    😍😍😍 I'm SO upset. Glad that you've returned. Houston again this year? Don't bring the relatives.  🙂  

    lol... definitely heading to Houston again... and definitely staying with the relatives.

    But this time Imma do the plannin' and sitting with them is optional.

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... definitely heading to Houston again... and definitely staying with the relatives.

    But this time Imma do the plannin' and sitting with them is optional.

    The Bulls in the Yellow lot were pretty cool. Papacitos, and there's a decent pizza joint across the street from the stadium. This time you have to show me those dive Tex-Mex places I missed out on. Maybe we can get Gipper and Zombo to join us this year. 🙂 

    Gotta take wifie AKA "The Curse"  to the 'Aints game this year too- man the travel budget is looking real heavy....   Not to mention Denver with Ag... Sheeze, I'm on a retirement budget....  Kills another two teams off the Bucket list...  

    You damn well know- make the trip to Cleveland sometime and I have one (or up to three) of my 20 yard line seats with your name on it....  

  • To move to #2, it will cost them both 1st this year, a 1st next year, and probably a 2nd or 3rd this year as well. To move to #4 the cost would be very similar, 3 1st rounders plus additional pick perhaps in 2019. However, the Browns should not do this, they are guaranteed to get Chubb or Barkley now plus their QB of choice.

    @runyon27 said:

    To move to #2, it will cost them both 1st this year, a 1st next year, and probably a 2nd or 3rd this year as well. To move to #4 the cost would be very similar, 3 1st rounders plus additional pick perhaps in 2019. However, the Browns should not do this, they are guaranteed to get Chubb or Barkley now plus their QB of choice.

    The one thing you can bet on is this................They will take Black Tarkenton at #1, and then trade down the #4

  • To move to #2, it will cost them both 1st this year, a 1st next year, and probably a 2nd or 3rd this year as well. To move to #4 the cost would be very similar, 3 1st rounders plus additional pick perhaps in 2019. However, the Browns should not do this, they are guaranteed to get Chubb or Barkley now plus their QB of choice.

    @runyon27 said:

    To move to #2, it will cost them both 1st this year, a 1st next year, and probably a 2nd or 3rd this year as well. To move to #4 the cost would be very similar, 3 1st rounders plus additional pick perhaps in 2019. However, the Browns should not do this, they are guaranteed to get Chubb or Barkley now plus their QB of choice.

    Oh the Browns should do this, take Harold Landry at #12, a CB/DT at #22 and then a RB later on, probably in round two as this RB class is absolutely stacked. 

    We have filled some needs in FA and with losing some picks in trades for Landry and Randall, lets get some picks back and again have two first rounders next year. The Bills first next year could damn well be #1 with AJ McCarron their bridge BQ.

  • @hoorta said:

    And he drives me nuts...  Can I post 50 Baker is Da Bomb videos, and will you still love me? 

    Presumes that I currently "love you"...

    @orion said:

    They didn't trade with the Giants.  They probably called the Giants.  Why couldn't they move up to #2?  I'm going to have to assume that the Giants want their QB to groom also.  (of course the possibility DOES exist that the Jets don't really believe that the Giants WILL take a QB this year - I think they probably will because essentially, it's FREE this year.  You don't have to trade up and give away a King's ransom for the QB.  I guarantee you that the Giants do not expect to be picking anywhere near this high next year.)

    But in order to have made this trade, the Jets had to understand that it was quite possible that the 2 best QB's in the draft would be gone.  Assuming that those two are Rosen & Darnold, then they like Mayfield or Allen enough (and Rosen and Darnold in case one of THEM is there) to make the trade.

    Solid analysis...

    Completely agree that NYJ is fine with at least three QBs for the price they paid. But the funny thing is that so far, per Walter football's visit tracker, they've only met with two QBs, Darnold and Mayfield, and of the two Mayfield is the only one to have had more than a simple, 15-minute, Combine session... and Mayfield has met with them every way possible. Could be there's some lag in posting visits.

    The Giants? I'm guessing the same offer was not enough to move them to #6 and the increment between the 2nd and 3rd QB on NYJ's board is not great enough to warrant them ponying up anything more... but that's the Jets and that's today. Will be interested in seeing if Bills or Denver can do any better pre-Draft, and whether NYG stands strong until and after our selection is announced. The visit tracker offers no insight as they've met with six different QBs including all the Big 4, but again they've only worked out Mayfield in private.

    Apparently Baker made a weekend of it in the Big Apple...

    @tour2ma said:

    per Walter football's visit tracker, they've only met with two QBs, Darnold and Mayfield, and of the two Mayfield is the only one to have had more than a simple, 15-minute, Combine session... and Mayfield has met with them every way possible.

    So, in theory, they want Mayfield.

  • @runyon27 said:

    To move to #2, it will cost them both 1st this year, a 1st next year, and probably a 2nd or 3rd this year as well. To move to #4 the cost would be very similar, 3 1st rounders plus additional pick perhaps in 2019. However, the Browns should not do this, they are guaranteed to get Chubb or Barkley now plus their QB of choice.

    The one thing you can bet on is this................They will take Black Tarkenton at #1, and then trade down the #4

    @ghoolie said:

    The one thing you can bet on is this................They will take Black Tarkenton at #1, and then trade down the #4

    So you are telling us they are taking Lamar Jackson at #1 then?

  • @tour2ma said:

    lol... definitely heading to Houston again... and definitely staying with the relatives.

    But this time Imma do the plannin' and sitting with them is optional.

    The Bulls in the Yellow lot were pretty cool. Papacitos, and there's a decent pizza joint across the street from the stadium. This time you have to show me those dive Tex-Mex places I missed out on. Maybe we can get Gipper and Zombo to join us this year. 🙂 

    Gotta take wifie AKA "The Curse"  to the 'Aints game this year too- man the travel budget is looking real heavy....   Not to mention Denver with Ag... Sheeze, I'm on a retirement budget....  Kills another two teams off the Bucket list...  

    You damn well know- make the trip to Cleveland sometime and I have one (or up to three) of my 20 yard line seats with your name on it....  

    @hoorta said:

    You damn well know- make the trip to Cleveland sometime and I have one (or up to three) of my 20 yard line seats with your name on it....  

    Sweet... remind me to be nice to you as needed... 😉

    @londonbrown said:

    Oh the Browns should do this, take Harold Landry at #12, a CB/DT at #22 and then a RB later on, probably in round two as this RB class is absolutely stacked. 

    We have filled some needs in FA and with losing some picks in trades for Landry and Randall, lets get some picks back and again have two first rounders next year. The Bills first next year could damn well be #1 with AJ McCarron their bridge BQ.

    I like the trade down plan albeit with different players preferred at 12 and 22, but I could live with (the consensus threshold) Harold and Josh Jackson...

    @orion said:

    So, in theory, they want Mayfield.

    Maybe... odds are Baker will be there at #3, but still just odd they move without having fully vetted all the possibles... or at least three of them.

  • Curious that the Jets would be willing to give up all that they did to move up to take the 3rd Best QB- IF the Browns and Giants go QB, which is what you all believe.

    However, the 3rd best QB potentially PLUS Barkley is not good enough for Cleveland?

  • Curious that the Jets would be willing to give up all that they did to move up to take the 3rd Best QB- IF the Browns and Giants go QB, which is what you all believe.

    However, the 3rd best QB potentially PLUS Barkley is not good enough for Cleveland?

    @poeticg said:

    Curious that the Jets would be willing to give up all that they did to move up to take the 3rd Best QB- IF the Browns and Giants go QB, which is what you all believe.

    However, the 3rd best QB potentially PLUS Barkley is not good enough for Cleveland?

    No. 

  • Bridgewater missed the entire 2016 season after suffering a serious knee injury in training camp, and he played only sparingly in one game in 2017. Whether he plays in 2018 remains to be seen, as he’s joining a very crowded quarterback room: The Jets have re-signed last year’s starter, Josh McCown, and they also have quarterbacks Christian Hackenberg, Bryce Petty and Joel Stave under contract. And, of course, Saturday’s trade with the Colts means the Jets are nearly certain to take a quarterback with the third overall pick in the draft.

    - I don't know that they will go QB #3. I have reasons to believe are targeting Barkley. 

  • "Shock the World..Take Barkley at #1 and Chubb at #4 then trade up to grab whichever qb falls. I think the floor is Miami for the top 4 at #11. This would take a ton of balls, use up lots of draft capital, and have a lot of faith."

    uhh.....

    I call that the syrup of ipecac plan.

    WSS

  • Jets were in discussions with The Browns for pick 1 but could not get a deal done .....

    https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/3/18/17136958/jets-reportedly-had-tried-to-trade-up-to-no-1-before-settling-with-no-3

  • Jets were in discussions with The Browns for pick 1 but could not get a deal done .....

    https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/3/18/17136958/jets-reportedly-had-tried-to-trade-up-to-no-1-before-settling-with-no-3

    There 

    @darren15 said:

    Jets were in discussions with The Browns for pick 1 but could not get a deal done .....

    https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/3/18/17136958/jets-reportedly-had-tried-to-trade-up-to-no-1-before-settling-with-no-3

    You realize the Jets may not be done moving up? There is still over a month before the draft. They could fall in love with a guy and want to go to #1. I'm sure the Browns would listen. If they love Allen, I think they get him at #3 because rumor is that the giants don't have him as high as Rosen or Darnold nor do the Jets. I would ask them for Lou Williams plus picks. 

  • There 

    @darren15 said:

    Jets were in discussions with The Browns for pick 1 but could not get a deal done .....

    https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/3/18/17136958/jets-reportedly-had-tried-to-trade-up-to-no-1-before-settling-with-no-3

    You realize the Jets may not be done moving up? There is still over a month before the draft. They could fall in love with a guy and want to go to #1. I'm sure the Browns would listen. If they love Allen, I think they get him at #3 because rumor is that the giants don't have him as high as Rosen or Darnold nor do the Jets. I would ask them for Lou Williams plus picks. 

    @bigalow80 said:

    You realize the Jets may not be done moving up? There is still over a month before the draft. They could fall in love with a guy and want to go to #1. I'm sure the Browns would listen. If they love Allen, I think they get him at #3 because rumor is that the giants don't have him as high as Rosen or Darnold nor do the Jets. I would ask them for Lou Williams plus picks. 

    Do you think the Browns are going QB #1?

    I just can't see the Browns going through this whole process and saying: "You know, any of three QBs will work!" Because if they trade down to #3, that's pretty much what they are saying. I can't imagine them really like a specific QB and rolling the dice that he wouldn't be taken with pick #1 or 2?

  • @bigalow80 said:

    You realize the Jets may not be done moving up? There is still over a month before the draft. They could fall in love with a guy and want to go to #1. I'm sure the Browns would listen. If they love Allen, I think they get him at #3 because rumor is that the giants don't have him as high as Rosen or Darnold nor do the Jets. I would ask them for Lou Williams plus picks. 

    Do you think the Browns are going QB #1?

    I just can't see the Browns going through this whole process and saying: "You know, any of three QBs will work!" Because if they trade down to #3, that's pretty much what they are saying. I can't imagine them really like a specific QB and rolling the dice that he wouldn't be taken with pick #1 or 2?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Do you think the Browns are going QB #1?

    I just can't see the Browns going through this whole process and saying: "You know, any of three QBs will work!" Because if they trade down to #3, that's pretty much what they are saying. I can't imagine them really like a specific QB and rolling the dice that he wouldn't be taken with pick #1 or 2?

    I know it's hard for you, but try anyways. 😉

  • @bigalow80 said:

    You realize the Jets may not be done moving up? There is still over a month before the draft. They could fall in love with a guy and want to go to #1. I'm sure the Browns would listen. If they love Allen, I think they get him at #3 because rumor is that the giants don't have him as high as Rosen or Darnold nor do the Jets. I would ask them for Lou Williams plus picks. 

    Do you think the Browns are going QB #1?

    I just can't see the Browns going through this whole process and saying: "You know, any of three QBs will work!" Because if they trade down to #3, that's pretty much what they are saying. I can't imagine them really like a specific QB and rolling the dice that he wouldn't be taken with pick #1 or 2?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Do you think the Browns are going QB #1?

    I just can't see the Browns going through this whole process and saying: "You know, any of three QBs will work!" Because if they trade down to #3, that's pretty much what they are saying. I can't imagine them really like a specific QB and rolling the dice that he wouldn't be taken with pick #1 or 2?

    It just hit me! You know who you remind me of? Mary Kay Cabot. 

    All this time, I couldn't put a finger on it, but that's it. I imagine you as her with a male Canadian accent. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Do you think the Browns are going QB #1?

    I just can't see the Browns going through this whole process and saying: "You know, any of three QBs will work!" Because if they trade down to #3, that's pretty much what they are saying. I can't imagine them really like a specific QB and rolling the dice that he wouldn't be taken with pick #1 or 2?

    It just hit me! You know who you remind me of? Mary Kay Cabot. 

    All this time, I couldn't put a finger on it, but that's it. I imagine you as her with a male Canadian accent. 

    @poeticg said:

    It just hit me! You know who you remind me of? Mary Kay Cabot. 

    All this time, I couldn't put a finger on it, but that's it. I imagine you as her with a male Canadian accent. 

    Difference is I don't think Dutch lies in bed having wet dreams over Jimmy Garoppolo  

  • @poeticg said:

    It just hit me! You know who you remind me of? Mary Kay Cabot. 

    All this time, I couldn't put a finger on it, but that's it. I imagine you as her with a male Canadian accent. 

    Difference is I don't think Dutch lies in bed having wet dreams over Jimmy Garoppolo  

    @darren15 said:

    Difference is I don't think Dutch lies in bed having wet dreams over Jimmy Garoppolo  

    Chubb #1 overall and Josh Allen... Darren, quite now- adults are talking... 😛