Jets trade up
-
-
-
Do you think the Browns are going QB #1?
I just can't see the Browns going through this whole process and saying: "You know, any of three QBs will work!" Because if they trade down to #3, that's pretty much what they are saying. I can't imagine them really like a specific QB and rolling the dice that he wouldn't be taken with pick #1 or 2?
It just hit me! You know who you remind me of? Mary Kay Cabot.
All this time, I couldn't put a finger on it, but that's it. I imagine you as her with a male Canadian accent.
-
Best player in the draft followed by the 2nd best QB ...... happy with that
Saquon is the best player in the draft- I guess you missed the memo.
With that draft we didn't improve... Chubb is not better than Ogbah, he won't start over Ogbah- he might not even be able to beat out Nassib to be completely honest.
With TWO TOP 4 picks you got us a backup DE and a backup QB... congrats.
-
Bridgewater missed the entire 2016 season after suffering a serious knee injury in training camp, and he played only sparingly in one game in 2017. Whether he plays in 2018 remains to be seen, as he’s joining a very crowded quarterback room: The Jets have re-signed last year’s starter, Josh McCown, and they also have quarterbacks Christian Hackenberg, Bryce Petty and Joel Stave under contract. And, of course, Saturday’s trade with the Colts means the Jets are nearly certain to take a quarterback with the third overall pick in the draft.
- I don't know that they will go QB #3. I have reasons to believe are targeting Barkley.
Bridgewater missed the entire 2016 season after suffering a serious knee injury in training camp, and he played only sparingly in one game in 2017. Whether he plays in 2018 remains to be seen, as he’s joining a very crowded quarterback room: The Jets have re-signed last year’s starter, Josh McCown, and they also have quarterbacks Christian Hackenberg, Bryce Petty and Joel Stave under contract. And, of course, Saturday’s trade with the Colts means the Jets are nearly certain to take a quarterback with the third overall pick in the draft.
- I don't know that they will go QB #3. I have reasons to believe are targeting Barkley.
I have reason to believe you've lost your freaking mind, it's so far up Barkley's butt. They is no way in hell, NONE, the Jets would give up that much draft capital to move up for a running back. NY IS TAKING A QUARTERBACK, PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION.
It also means it's a near certainty the Browns will be taking their preferred Quarterback #1, because they're not about to take a chance the guy they really want will be there at #4. The odds of Saquon being there at #4 just went up Po, and I'm not certain Cleveland will even draft him there, if they think Chubb can make an equal impact on the defensive side.
-
-
Yes.
Then they will trade the #4 away.
What? You think Sashi is still running the draft? It's going to be a quarterback, but definitely not Jackson. We're not taking the 5-6th best quarterback at #1. We may trade out of the #4, but I wouldn't count on it.
I'd suggest you watch some tape on Chubb- a Zumba instructor he isn't. He's currently my pick at #4.
-
This pretty much locks us into a QB at #1 and I'm ok with Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen, and Jackson. If we take Allen I will lose my Sheet.
Chubb at 4 is a steal
-
Curious that the Jets would be willing to give up all that they did to move up to take the 3rd Best QB- IF the Browns and Giants go QB, which is what you all believe.
However, the 3rd best QB potentially PLUS Barkley is not good enough for Cleveland?
- Curious that the Jets would be willing to give up all that they did to move up to take the 3rd Best QB- IF the Browns and Giants go QB, which is what you all believe.
- However, the 3rd best QB potentially PLUS Barkley is not good enough for Cleveland?
- Because they have made the judgement that the 3rd QB on their Board is worth what they traded to move up to #3.
- No... it's not... because we are in position to take the #1 QB on our Board.
-
Might be making too much of it but Mayfield’s attitude really appeals to me. He just looks like he’d take the challenge of making this team good again head on and relish it
-
Might be making too much of it but Mayfield’s attitude really appeals to me. He just looks like he’d take the challenge of making this team good again head on and relish it
Might be making too much of it but Mayfield’s attitude really appeals to me. He just looks like he’d take the challenge of making this team good again head on and relish it
There have been lots of turds who had a "rah-rah" attitude. I don't trust Big 12 QBs. They never amount to anything.
-
Might be making too much of it but Mayfield’s attitude really appeals to me. He just looks like he’d take the challenge of making this team good again head on and relish it
Might be making too much of it but Mayfield’s attitude really appeals to me. He just looks like he’d take the challenge of making this team good again head on and relish it
Ooohhhh really so did Johnny Poopstain ??????????????????
-
I don't buy the JM comparisons one bit
-
Still bugs me that the Jets have only exhausted their visits with one QB prospect and have only met two.
Did just occur to me that the should the Jets not like any of the the leftover QBs at #3, they might trade back down and recoup some of their outlay.
Still bugs me that the Jets have only exhausted their visits with one QB prospect and have only met two.
Did just occur to me that the should the Jets not like any of the the leftover QBs at #3, they might trade back down and recoup some of their outlay.
Yeah, they really tipped their hands when you read into this trade more closely. It does make me seriously wonder if they got enough of a word that the Browns don't intend to go QB #1 so they wanted to jump in front. If that means the strategy moves to taking said QB #1 instead though there's no qualms from me. It also makes you wonder what sort of kings ransom the Browns could get from the Bills (21, 22, a 2nd and maybe next years 1st) to move up to #4, although I'm pretty opposed to that.
-
To move to #2, it will cost them both 1st this year, a 1st next year, and probably a 2nd or 3rd this year as well. To move to #4 the cost would be very similar, 3 1st rounders plus additional pick perhaps in 2019. However, the Browns should not do this, they are guaranteed to get Chubb or Barkley now plus their QB of choice.
The one thing you can bet on is this................They will take Black Tarkenton at #1, and then trade down the #4
-
lol... definitely heading to Houston again... and definitely staying with the relatives.
But this time Imma do the plannin' and sitting with them is optional.
The Bulls in the Yellow lot were pretty cool. Papacitos, and there's a decent pizza joint across the street from the stadium. This time you have to show me those dive Tex-Mex places I missed out on. Maybe we can get Gipper and Zombo to join us this year.
Gotta take wifie AKA "The Curse" to the 'Aints game this year too- man the travel budget is looking real heavy.... Not to mention Denver with Ag... Sheeze, I'm on a retirement budget.... Kills another two teams off the Bucket list...
You damn well know- make the trip to Cleveland sometime and I have one (or up to three) of my 20 yard line seats with your name on it....
The Bulls in the Yellow lot were pretty cool. Papacitos, and there's a decent pizza joint across the street from the stadium. This time you have to show me those dive Tex-Mex places I missed out on. Maybe we can get Gipper and Zombo to join us this year.
Probably not Houston. New Orleans, Oakland, Denver may be remote chances.
Gotta take wifie AKA "The Curse" to the 'Aints game this year too- man the travel budget is looking real heavy.... Not to mention Denver with Ag... Sheeze, I'm on a retirement budget.... Kills another two teams off the Bucket list...
Curious about this.....what constitutes your "bucket list"? Going to see the Browns play in like all other NFL stadiums?
You damn well know- make the trip to Cleveland sometime and I have one (or up to three) of my 20 yard line seats with your name on it....
-
The Bulls in the Yellow lot were pretty cool. Papacitos, and there's a decent pizza joint across the street from the stadium. This time you have to show me those dive Tex-Mex places I missed out on. Maybe we can get Gipper and Zombo to join us this year.
Probably not Houston. New Orleans, Oakland, Denver may be remote chances.
Gotta take wifie AKA "The Curse" to the 'Aints game this year too- man the travel budget is looking real heavy.... Not to mention Denver with Ag... Sheeze, I'm on a retirement budget.... Kills another two teams off the Bucket list...
Curious about this.....what constitutes your "bucket list"? Going to see the Browns play in like all other NFL stadiums?
You damn well know- make the trip to Cleveland sometime and I have one (or up to three) of my 20 yard line seats with your name on it....
The Bulls in the Yellow lot were pretty cool. Papacitos, and there's a decent pizza joint across the street from the stadium. This time you have to show me those dive Tex-Mex places I missed out on. Maybe we can get Gipper and Zombo to join us this year.
Probably not Houston. New Orleans, Oakland, Denver may be remote chances.
Gotta take wifie AKA "The Curse" to the 'Aints game this year too- man the travel budget is looking real heavy.... Not to mention Denver with Ag... Sheeze, I'm on a retirement budget.... Kills another two teams off the Bucket list...
Curious about this.....what constitutes your "bucket list"? Going to see the Browns play in like all other NFL stadiums?
You damn well know- make the trip to Cleveland sometime and I have one (or up to three) of my 20 yard line seats with your name on it....
Yes See the Browns lose in every NFL city.
Road trips so far: Cinci (almost a local game), Indy (ditto), Detroit (multiple times), Kansas City (twice, monumental tailgate scene), St. Louis (does that mean I get to count the Rams?), Nashville, Tampa, Charlotte, Houston.
New Orleans and Denver are prime targets this year. Tampa is almost definite, because my pal's son lives just south of Clearwater with an open invite to stay at his place- and Allegeant Air has cheapo nonstop direct flights Dayton to St. Pete. Hook up with Flugels and Z- about sure they'll be going to the game.
-
The Bulls in the Yellow lot were pretty cool. Papacitos, and there's a decent pizza joint across the street from the stadium. This time you have to show me those dive Tex-Mex places I missed out on. Maybe we can get Gipper and Zombo to join us this year.
Probably not Houston. New Orleans, Oakland, Denver may be remote chances.
Gotta take wifie AKA "The Curse" to the 'Aints game this year too- man the travel budget is looking real heavy.... Not to mention Denver with Ag... Sheeze, I'm on a retirement budget.... Kills another two teams off the Bucket list...
Curious about this.....what constitutes your "bucket list"? Going to see the Browns play in like all other NFL stadiums?
You damn well know- make the trip to Cleveland sometime and I have one (or up to three) of my 20 yard line seats with your name on it....
Yes See the Browns lose in every NFL city.
Road trips so far: Cinci (almost a local game), Indy (ditto), Detroit (multiple times), Kansas City (twice, monumental tailgate scene), St. Louis (does that mean I get to count the Rams?), Nashville, Tampa, Charlotte, Houston.
New Orleans and Denver are prime targets this year. Tampa is almost definite, because my pal's son lives just south of Clearwater with an open invite to stay at his place- and Allegeant Air has cheapo nonstop direct flights Dayton to St. Pete. Hook up with Flugels and Z- about sure they'll be going to the game.
Yes See the Browns lose in every NFL city.
Road trips so far: Cinci (almost a local game), Indy (ditto), Detroit (multiple times), Kansas City (twice, monumental tailgate scene), St. Louis (does that mean I get to count the Rams?), Nashville, Tampa, Charlotte, Houston.
New Orleans and Denver are prime targets this year. Tampa is almost definite, because my pal's son lives just south of Clearwater with an open invite to stay at his place- and Allegeant Air has cheapo nonstop direct flights Dayton to St. Pete. Hook up with Flugels and Z- about sure they'll be going to the game.
Have friends in Denver and lots of friends in Tampa. Will probably go to both this year.
-
The Bulls in the Yellow lot were pretty cool. Papacitos, and there's a decent pizza joint across the street from the stadium. This time you have to show me those dive Tex-Mex places I missed out on. Maybe we can get Gipper and Zombo to join us this year.
Probably not Houston. New Orleans, Oakland, Denver may be remote chances.
Gotta take wifie AKA "The Curse" to the 'Aints game this year too- man the travel budget is looking real heavy.... Not to mention Denver with Ag... Sheeze, I'm on a retirement budget.... Kills another two teams off the Bucket list...
Curious about this.....what constitutes your "bucket list"? Going to see the Browns play in like all other NFL stadiums?
You damn well know- make the trip to Cleveland sometime and I have one (or up to three) of my 20 yard line seats with your name on it....
Yes See the Browns lose in every NFL city.
Road trips so far: Cinci (almost a local game), Indy (ditto), Detroit (multiple times), Kansas City (twice, monumental tailgate scene), St. Louis (does that mean I get to count the Rams?), Nashville, Tampa, Charlotte, Houston.
New Orleans and Denver are prime targets this year. Tampa is almost definite, because my pal's son lives just south of Clearwater with an open invite to stay at his place- and Allegeant Air has cheapo nonstop direct flights Dayton to St. Pete. Hook up with Flugels and Z- about sure they'll be going to the game.
Yes See the Browns lose in every NFL city.
Road trips so far: Cinci (almost a local game), Indy (ditto), Detroit (multiple times), Kansas City (twice, monumental tailgate scene), St. Louis (does that mean I get to count the Rams?), Nashville, Tampa, Charlotte, Houston.
New Orleans and Denver are prime targets this year. Tampa is almost definite, because my pal's son lives just south of Clearwater with an open invite to stay at his place- and Allegeant Air has cheapo nonstop direct flights Dayton to St. Pete. Hook up with Flugels and Z- about sure they'll be going to the game.
I have to reserve a trip to the Fla. Gulf Coast to go on with my wife. Who knows when I would get there....as I have like 35 other "bucket list" trips that have priority over that one.
As I said, a couple or three of the other games could be remote possibility. Again, the NFL keeps us in waiting mode. Schedule should be coming out like this week...instead of a month from now. But its not like I am not booked a bit already for travel. Going to Napa Valley at the end of this month. Hilton Head early June. Oklahoma/Arkansas in August. Still contemplating something for mid Oct. Oakland-NoCal or Colorado could be possibles for then. For Louisiana, I was actually thinking about for next winter...mid Jan-Mid Feb. Would want to avoid hurricane entanglements that partially messed me up last year. An early December Nawlins stay could be a thought. Post weather issues. Still good weather there. Averages still in the mid 60s to low 70s.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
