Skip to content

Jets trade up

The Browns Board
127 32 6.3k
  • @orion said:

    Even Jim Brown in his prime wouldn't be worth that in today's NFL.

    This just in... JB wasn't seen as worth that in the 50's either.

    @tour2ma said:

    This just in... JB wasn't seen as worth that in the 50's either.

    Sixth overall pick.  Interestingly....the Top of that draft was very, very good.   3 HOFers in the top 6...and another borderline (Brodie)

    1 Green Bay Packers (Lottery bonus pick) Paul Hornung [4] Halfback Notre Dame
    2 Los Angeles Rams Jon Arnett Halfback USC
    3 San Francisco 49ers John Brodie Quarterback Stanford
    4 Green Bay Packers Ron Kramer End Michigan
    5 Pittsburgh Steelers Len Dawson Quarterback Purdue
    6 Cleveland Browns Jim Brown Fullback Syracuse

    Actually...it is 4 HOFers in the Top 8.   Jim Parker HOF OL   was the #8 pick. 

    Not sure if any other draft has ever had 4 of its top 8 picks make HOF.

  • @tour2ma said:

    We may well find out what the #4 will fetch because it seems we are not all that open for business at #1 afterall...

    Benjamin Allbright‏Verified account @AllbrightNFL

    The Bills aren't the only team to have contacted the Browns about moving to #1. The Jets did before moving up, the Broncos have as well. Thus far the Browns have been a solid "no" on moving the pick.

    If "multiple teams" have contacted the Browns about the #1, it only makes sense they've talked to the Giants about #2 also. NY is standing pat for the minute too.

    @hoorta said:

    If "multiple teams" have contacted the Browns about the #1, it only makes sense they've talked to the Giants about #2 also. NY is standing pat for the minute too.

    Agree...

    I have to believe the Giants will hang there until our pick is announced and if we take "their QB", then they are outta there.

  • @runyon27 said:

    To move to #2, it will cost them both 1st this year, a 1st next year, and probably a 2nd or 3rd this year as well. To move to #4 the cost would be very similar, 3 1st rounders plus additional pick perhaps in 2019. However, the Browns should not do this, they are guaranteed to get Chubb or Barkley now plus their QB of choice.

    The one thing you can bet on is this................They will take Black Tarkenton at #1, and then trade down the #4

    @ghoolie said:

    The one thing you can bet on is this................They will take Black Tarkenton at #1, and then trade down the #4

    @jcam222 said:

    So you are telling us they are taking Lamar Jackson at #1 then?

    @ghoolie said:

    Yes.

    Then they will trade the #4 away.

    Does anyone else remember Ghoolie saying we would take Lamar Jackson at 1? I dont think he does lol

  • @ghoolie said:

    The one thing you can bet on is this................They will take Black Tarkenton at #1, and then trade down the #4

    @jcam222 said:

    So you are telling us they are taking Lamar Jackson at #1 then?

    @ghoolie said:

    Yes.

    Then they will trade the #4 away.

    Does anyone else remember Ghoolie saying we would take Lamar Jackson at 1? I dont think he does lol

    @jcam222 said:

    Does anyone else remember Ghoolie saying we would take Lamar Jackson at 1? I dont think he does lol

    I can't remember what the ignored folks say.

    I guess it is possible Phoolie has himself on "Ignore".

  • @ghoolie said:

    The one thing you can bet on is this................They will take Black Tarkenton at #1, and then trade down the #4

    @jcam222 said:

    So you are telling us they are taking Lamar Jackson at #1 then?

    @ghoolie said:

    Yes.

    Then they will trade the #4 away.

    Does anyone else remember Ghoolie saying we would take Lamar Jackson at 1? I dont think he does lol

    @jcam222 said:

    Does anyone else remember Ghoolie saying we would take Lamar Jackson at 1? I dont think he does lol

    Yes I do.

    I thought it was such a pathetic attempt at trying to grab attention that I offered Ghoolie a $1000 bet that the Browns wouldn't do this.

    No one on here wants to take my bets, sadly enough. 

  • @jcam222 said:

    Does anyone else remember Ghoolie saying we would take Lamar Jackson at 1? I dont think he does lol

    Yes I do.

    I thought it was such a pathetic attempt at trying to grab attention that I offered Ghoolie a $1000 bet that the Browns wouldn't do this.

    No one on here wants to take my bets, sadly enough. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Yes I do.

    I thought it was such a pathetic attempt at trying to grab attention that I offered Ghoolie a $1000 bet that the Browns wouldn't do this.

    No one on here wants to take my bets, sadly enough. 

    If I can think a good enough sucker bet I'll bet you.😆

  • @jcam222 said:

    Does anyone else remember Ghoolie saying we would take Lamar Jackson at 1? I dont think he does lol

    Yes I do.

    I thought it was such a pathetic attempt at trying to grab attention that I offered Ghoolie a $1000 bet that the Browns wouldn't do this.

    No one on here wants to take my bets, sadly enough. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    No one on here wants to take my bets, sadly enough. 

    Sure we will... you just need to make stupider bets.