Skip to content

Darnold at #1?

Locked The Browns Board
318 55 10.2k 1
  • Doing a little fact checking and came across this photo evidence of how not to align for a throw...

    636283770245213219-USP-NCAA-FOOTBALL-ROS

  • @sd_tom said:

    His career stats put his comp % at 62 I think.  You act like he was terrible in every game. Yeah,  he put up 90 yds in a game he left with a concussion.  That's an exception not the rule. What was the rule is he got hit way too much.  

    Yeah,  the wins argument... Great call.  Then countless usc QB's should be world beaters in the NFL,  cuz they all win almost every single game.  Didn't really work out that way though. 

    Head to head.  Rosen was 32/52 for 421 yds 3 tds and 1 int. Darnold was 17/28 for 264 zero tds (he had 1 rushing) and 1 int. 

    So yeah,  ucla lost but it wasn't because Darnold was way better. 

    Hmm...yeah Carson Palmer was barely above .500 winning perc before his senior year.  He blossomed under better coaching (norm chow, carroll) and defense, .  When the head coach was asked about darnold's funky thowing motion and bad footwork, he was quoted saying leave things that is working for us.  Basically, they didn't  want to tinker with it because we were winning.  SC started 1-3 in 2016 and most people in the program didn't believe in the hiring the current staff and players seemed to play below their potential.  When Darnold stepped in he changed the team into winners, and many close to the program will say he was the main factor for the turn around.  They also say coaching and play calling has hurt the program.  People who knows football like John Robinson, Lonnie Lott, Marcus Allen all have stated how this team lacked physicality along the line of scrimmage since the Coach Helton tenure.  They all have said how special Darnold is as well.  Listen to what Stanford coach says about Darnold he says best anticipatory thrower since Luck.  Listen to Joel Klatts and other experts who has watched and followed pac 12 football they will all say how special Darnold is.  And I agree with Jim Mora as well Darnold is better fit than Rosen. I do think Rosen has great potential, just pointing out there are more questions than Darnold.  I get what you say.  You make rational argument against him but I agree with the experts who have seen the games- how he makes 3rd and long possible every time he has the ball.  Comeback drives are possible with him.  With Kessler and Matt Barkley we didnt feel that way during the game.  They couldn't  overcome thing and situation.  Darnold did more often than not.   If you are basing on his game highlights tapes and not watching the entire game how things breakdown during the game and he seems to rise above that.  In the past 15 years of watching pac 12 football only qb comparable is Luck.

    This is my take on darnold:

    Pluses

    One of the best Anticipatory thrower go checknthe comment by all of his oppsing coaches

    Mobility in and out of the pocket- deceptively quick

    Keeps his eyes down field at all times- this was one of the weakest when Cody kessler was the starter at sc.  He loves dumping the ball 5yard shy of the first down all the time.  Plus he had a weak arm.

    He makes his teammates better.

    Blue collar work ethics.  He was always an under dog. And he was beating the 1st team defense as a scout team qb as a teue freshman.

    Toughness- He was first recruited as a linebacker

    Youth - only 20...he will be much much better than Weeden when he was drafted as a 28 yr old.  As he physically matures he will get stronger and even bigger/taller.

    Winner- even with his turnover , which is him trying to compensate for lack of talent experience around him, puts the team in a position to win.  Only two was blowout loss which was at ND and Cotton bowl.  20-4

    Minuses

    Turnovers- fumbles are well documented can be fixed by keeping both hands on the ball/ half of the ints were on th wrs for wrong-bad route running-

    Youth - was a primarily a linebacker and wr as a sophomore inhigh school.  Was thrusted into the starting role when the started Travis Wilson qb, who would start for Utah, was injured.  He needs more experience at the position.  But so does all the qbs in this draft.  He also tries to do too much that's  lack of experience and coaching.

    Footwork- he definitely needs to work on that.  At least he shows progress at his pro day.  When his feet are set he is accurate as any qb in the draft.

    @ashtabula said:

    I do think Rosen has great potential, just pointing out there are more questions than Darnold.  

    ummm... no...

    There is no... I repeat, no... comparison between the floors of these two QB prospects. See the visual evidence for the post above as a starting point.

    Anticipation... hitting a primary receiver who is entering a dead spot in a zone is not NFL grade anticipation and neither is hitting a streaking WR clearing his man. Throwing to an opening man is not the same as throwing a man open... and it is the latter that takes anticipation.

    Keeps his eyes Downfield? All the time? No... drops eyes to the rush. Now once clear he looks back up... throws it if he is running east/west... runs it if he's heading north/south. He is not adept at sliding in the pocket, but bails prematurely.

    I love this San Capistrano blue-collar narrative... but Dad is a plumber... a medical gas plumber who pulls down 6-figues...

    "Recruited" to play LB (nice Wikipedia use there)... yeah when he was a Sophomore in HS and the USC DC stopped by the school. At the time he was splitting his time between LB and WR.

    Switched to QB but was hurt most of his JR year. Played his Sr. year. The started two years at USC. For those who are counting that's 3 years and change of QB'ing at the HS and College level.

    Small wonder the kid lacks the biggest plus of all... read progressions.

    Good player... good kid... posted good numbers despite many, many flaws from his feet to his elongated throwing motion (a source of turnovers) and questionable ball security and head.

    If he's the next Browns QB as more and more sources are saying, then I will root for his success, but I'm going in with my eyes wide open.

  • but Darnold's completion percentage !

    67.2, 63.1 !

    Rosenbum

    60.0

    59.3

    62.6

    Rosen - head coach - Jim Mora trained. He'll look the part in his offense, but around a bunch of seniors,

    and a first round left tackle....a very good center.... never had a completion percentage as high as Darnold's worst year.

    59 not far from 56. and Allen had far, far less talent around him vs UCLA versus a few common opponents.

    Facts.

  • ^ Hand waiving...

    Your late blooming love of completion percentage is duly noted...

  • @tour2ma said:

    Wow... finally took the time to look.

    All depends on his feet doesn't it? And most the first half they were spectacularly bad. Early overthrow he was doing his bunny hop into his set. Completed a couple of quick bubbles without ever setting. Predetermined two GL throws... one picked and a second pick dropped. Finally at start of Q4 he got his feet under him and aligned with the direction of the throw and it was a beauty (the pass with PI called).

    And then there's the Wheezy special... oy!

    EDIT: had I just turned the page I could have said, "What tia said." Even included the times... and the hop...

    The footwork, especially at the top of his 5 &7 step drops is just pure comedy.  Nevermind the other things like how his hips don't come around in sync with his arm. 

    Why would you want to draft a QB where you spend the bulk of his first off season fixing his terrible mechanics when you could take Rosen - who you could immediately begin working on absorbing the playbook, adapting to NFL speeds and the mental/classroom work of the game because he doesn't possess such incredibly obvious flaws?!?

    When the #1 pick is in and should the Browns not call Rosen's name, then they're only making it as hard on themselves as humanly possible.

    @tiamat63 said:

    The footwork, especially at the top of his 5 &7 step drops is just pure comedy.  Nevermind the other things like how his hips don't come around in sync with his arm. 

    Why would you want to draft a QB where you spend the bulk of his first off season fixing his terrible mechanics when you could take Rosen - who you could immediately begin working on absorbing the playbook, adapting to NFL speeds and the mental/classroom work of the game because he doesn't possess such incredibly obvious flaws?!?

    When the #1 pick is in and should the Browns not call Rosen's name, then they're only making it as hard on themselves as humanly possible.

    So who's worse in the footwork department- Darnold or Allen?  Yeah I get Rosen has the best mechanics, but didn't Kosar have terrible mechanics? 

  • Cal's convinced me. Rosen is horrible. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Wow... finally took the time to look.

    All depends on his feet doesn't it? And most the first half they were spectacularly bad. Early overthrow he was doing his bunny hop into his set. Completed a couple of quick bubbles without ever setting. Predetermined two GL throws... one picked and a second pick dropped. Finally at start of Q4 he got his feet under him and aligned with the direction of the throw and it was a beauty (the pass with PI called).

    And then there's the Wheezy special... oy!

    EDIT: had I just turned the page I could have said, "What tia said." Even included the times... and the hop...

    The footwork, especially at the top of his 5 &7 step drops is just pure comedy.  Nevermind the other things like how his hips don't come around in sync with his arm. 

    Why would you want to draft a QB where you spend the bulk of his first off season fixing his terrible mechanics when you could take Rosen - who you could immediately begin working on absorbing the playbook, adapting to NFL speeds and the mental/classroom work of the game because he doesn't possess such incredibly obvious flaws?!?

    When the #1 pick is in and should the Browns not call Rosen's name, then they're only making it as hard on themselves as humanly possible.

    @tiamat63 said:

    The footwork, especially at the top of his 5 &7 step drops is just pure comedy.  Nevermind the other things like how his hips don't come around in sync with his arm. 

    Why would you want to draft a QB where you spend the bulk of his first off season fixing his terrible mechanics when you could take Rosen - who you could immediately begin working on absorbing the playbook, adapting to NFL speeds and the mental/classroom work of the game because he doesn't possess such incredibly obvious flaws?!?

    When the #1 pick is in and should the Browns not call Rosen's name, then they're only making it as hard on themselves as humanly possible.

    For me, this is a BIG reason. We just destroyed 2 QB's careers (Kizer, Kessler) and now we are trying to get the best of Darnold? I'd go with the safest bet.

    Rosen can be concerning for his injury history, but even if you took the strongest QB that wouldn't assure you that he cannot suffer a career ending injury.

    And if someone believes that other guys' ceiling is higher than Rosen's, did you see Browns' quaterback list since '99? At this point I'd be more than happy with a good FRANCHISE quaterback, even if he is not top 5 in the league. Just so we don't have to worry about the most important position in the sport.

  • Cal's convinced me. Rosen is horrible. 

    @sd_tom said:

    Cal's convinced me. Rosen is horrible.

    Pretty In Pink.jpg

  • Cal's convinced me. Rosen is horrible. 

    @sd_tom said:

    Cal's convinced me. Rosen is horrible. 

    Well one or more of these top Hot Shots is going to turn out to be a disappointment. Place your bets boys and girls. And more than likely somebody is going to pull a Carson Wentz.

    WSS

  • ^ Hand waiving...

    Your late blooming love of completion percentage is duly noted...

    @tour2ma said:

    ^ Hand waiving...

    Your late blooming love of completion percentage is duly noted...

    sorry, should have posted it in pink. lol

  • @tiamat63 said:

    The footwork, especially at the top of his 5 &7 step drops is just pure comedy.  Nevermind the other things like how his hips don't come around in sync with his arm. 

    Why would you want to draft a QB where you spend the bulk of his first off season fixing his terrible mechanics when you could take Rosen - who you could immediately begin working on absorbing the playbook, adapting to NFL speeds and the mental/classroom work of the game because he doesn't possess such incredibly obvious flaws?!?

    When the #1 pick is in and should the Browns not call Rosen's name, then they're only making it as hard on themselves as humanly possible.

    So who's worse in the footwork department- Darnold or Allen?  Yeah I get Rosen has the best mechanics, but didn't Kosar have terrible mechanics? 

    @hoorta said:

    So who's worse in the footwork department- Darnold or Allen?  Yeah I get Rosen has the best mechanics, but didn't Kosar have terrible mechanics? 

    Darnold by a long way but there are times when Allen's feet go erratic as well.  

    Bernie had a 3/4 delivery but good footwork, and more importantly, a great mind.     You can overcome some deficiencies by having the latter, but not all.    Most especially in the modern NFL with defenders as fast as they have become.  

  • @hoorta said:

    So who's worse in the footwork department- Darnold or Allen?  Yeah I get Rosen has the best mechanics, but didn't Kosar have terrible mechanics? 

    Darnold by a long way but there are times when Allen's feet go erratic as well.  

    Bernie had a 3/4 delivery but good footwork, and more importantly, a great mind.     You can overcome some deficiencies by having the latter, but not all.    Most especially in the modern NFL with defenders as fast as they have become.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    Darnold by a long way but there are times when Allen's feet go erratic as well. 

    Agree... easy call. Allen's routine footwork in his drops is actually quite pretty... in any color. His mystery throws are the issue that remains with him. While I know over-striding is a thing, I cannot say that I have seen it in his case.
     

    @nero said:

    Rosen can be concerning for his injury history, but even if you took the strongest QB that wouldn't assure you that he cannot suffer a career ending injury.

    And if someone believes that other guys' ceiling is higher than Rosen's, did you see Browns' quaterback list since '99? At this point I'd be more than happy with a good FRANCHISE quaterback, even if he is not top 5 in the league. Just so we don't have to worry about the most important position in the sport.

    Yup... you'd think Rosen was the only QB to ever be injured in football history. Anyone talking about Darnold missing his Jr. year in HS?

    And again... when you see a floor as high as Rosen's, then phuck projecting ceilings.

  • "Rosen's floor in the ceiling" lol

    "so, rosen, don't be acting like a psycho jackwagon, at least until after you get your first contract.

    Then, you will be a millionaire, and you can go ahead and give the NFL the finger"

    that kind of floor? The same floor as ryan leaf had?

    going to be a FUN DRAFT !

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Darnold by a long way but there are times when Allen's feet go erratic as well. 

    Agree... easy call. Allen's routine footwork in his drops is actually quite pretty... in any color. His mystery throws are the issue that remains with him. While I know over-striding is a thing, I cannot say that I have seen it in his case.
     

    @nero said:

    Rosen can be concerning for his injury history, but even if you took the strongest QB that wouldn't assure you that he cannot suffer a career ending injury.

    And if someone believes that other guys' ceiling is higher than Rosen's, did you see Browns' quaterback list since '99? At this point I'd be more than happy with a good FRANCHISE quaterback, even if he is not top 5 in the league. Just so we don't have to worry about the most important position in the sport.

    Yup... you'd think Rosen was the only QB to ever be injured in football history. Anyone talking about Darnold missing his Jr. year in HS?

    And again... when you see a floor as high as Rosen's, then phuck projecting ceilings.

    @tour2ma said:

    Agree... easy call. Allen's routine footwork in his drops is actually quite pretty... in any color. His mystery throws are the issue that remains with him. While I know over-striding is a thing, I cannot say that I have seen it in his case.
     

    Yup... you'd think Rosen was the only QB to ever be injured in football history. Anyone talking about Darnold missing his Jr. year in HS?

    And again... when you see a floor as high as Rosen's, then phuck projecting ceilings.

    I think Allen's base is too wide.  But even when it doesn't appear so he'll still have a ball sail on him.  At this point you just had to believe it's something eye/hand or neurological related.  

  • "Rosen's floor in the ceiling" lol

    "so, rosen, don't be acting like a psycho jackwagon, at least until after you get your first contract.

    Then, you will be a millionaire, and you can go ahead and give the NFL the finger"

    that kind of floor? The same floor as ryan leaf had?

    going to be a FUN DRAFT !

    @calfoxwc said:

    "Rosen's floor in the ceiling" lol

    "so, rosen, don't be acting like a psycho jackwagon, at least until after you get your first contract.

    Then, you will be a millionaire, and you can go ahead and give the NFL the finger"

    that kind of floor? The same floor as ryan leaf had?

    going to be a FUN DRAFT !

    Wasn't aware Rosen was doing rails at half-time in the locker room. 

    Don't get the Leaf jokes at all. 

    But I did watch an Aaron Rodgers highlight and kept hearing from Burman about Rodgers 'attitude' adding to his draft slide. 

    ....feels remarkably similar.

  • "Rosen's floor in the ceiling" lol

    "so, rosen, don't be acting like a psycho jackwagon, at least until after you get your first contract.

    Then, you will be a millionaire, and you can go ahead and give the NFL the finger"

    that kind of floor? The same floor as ryan leaf had?

    going to be a FUN DRAFT !

    @calfoxwc said:

    "Rosen's floor in the ceiling" lol

    "so, rosen, don't be acting like a psycho jackwagon, at least until after you get your first contract.

    Then, you will be a millionaire, and you can go ahead and give the NFL the finger"

    that kind of floor? The same floor as ryan leaf had?

    going to be a FUN DRAFT !

    Have you been taking writing lessons from gumby?

  • @calfoxwc said:

    "Rosen's floor in the ceiling" lol

    "so, rosen, don't be acting like a psycho jackwagon, at least until after you get your first contract.

    Then, you will be a millionaire, and you can go ahead and give the NFL the finger"

    that kind of floor? The same floor as ryan leaf had?

    going to be a FUN DRAFT !

    Wasn't aware Rosen was doing rails at half-time in the locker room. 

    Don't get the Leaf jokes at all. 

    But I did watch an Aaron Rodgers highlight and kept hearing from Burman about Rodgers 'attitude' adding to his draft slide. 

    ....feels remarkably similar.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Wasn't aware Rosen was doing rails at half-time in the locker room. 

    Don't get the Leaf jokes at all. 

    But I did watch an Aaron Rodgers highlight and kept hearing from Burman about Rodgers 'attitude' adding to his draft slide. 

    ....feels remarkably similar.

    Leafs stats at WSU are far closer to Allen than Rosen. 

    Big tall inaccurate qb.  Sounds familiar.  

  • @ashtabula said:

    I do think Rosen has great potential, just pointing out there are more questions than Darnold.  

    ummm... no...

    There is no... I repeat, no... comparison between the floors of these two QB prospects. See the visual evidence for the post above as a starting point.

    Anticipation... hitting a primary receiver who is entering a dead spot in a zone is not NFL grade anticipation and neither is hitting a streaking WR clearing his man. Throwing to an opening man is not the same as throwing a man open... and it is the latter that takes anticipation.

    Keeps his eyes Downfield? All the time? No... drops eyes to the rush. Now once clear he looks back up... throws it if he is running east/west... runs it if he's heading north/south. He is not adept at sliding in the pocket, but bails prematurely.

    I love this San Capistrano blue-collar narrative... but Dad is a plumber... a medical gas plumber who pulls down 6-figues...

    "Recruited" to play LB (nice Wikipedia use there)... yeah when he was a Sophomore in HS and the USC DC stopped by the school. At the time he was splitting his time between LB and WR.

    Switched to QB but was hurt most of his JR year. Played his Sr. year. The started two years at USC. For those who are counting that's 3 years and change of QB'ing at the HS and College level.

    Small wonder the kid lacks the biggest plus of all... read progressions.

    Good player... good kid... posted good numbers despite many, many flaws from his feet to his elongated throwing motion (a source of turnovers) and questionable ball security and head.

    If he's the next Browns QB as more and more sources are saying, then I will root for his success, but I'm going in with my eyes wide open.

    @tour2ma said:

    ummm... no...

    There is no... I repeat, no... comparison between the floors of these two QB prospects. See the visual evidence for the post above as a starting point.

    Anticipation... hitting a primary receiver who is entering a dead spot in a zone is not NFL grade anticipation and neither is hitting a streaking WR clearing his man. Throwing to an opening man is not the same as throwing a man open... and it is the latter that takes anticipation.

    Keeps his eyes Downfield? All the time? No... drops eyes to the rush. Now once clear he looks back up... throws it if he is running east/west... runs it if he's heading north/south. He is not adept at sliding in the pocket, but bails prematurely.

    I love this San Capistrano blue-collar narrative... but Dad is a plumber... a medical gas plumber who pulls down 6-figues...

    "Recruited" to play LB (nice Wikipedia use there)... yeah when he was a Sophomore in HS and the USC DC stopped by the school. At the time he was splitting his time between LB and WR.

    Switched to QB but was hurt most of his JR year. Played his Sr. year. The started two years at USC. For those who are counting that's 3 years and change of QB'ing at the HS and College level.

    Small wonder the kid lacks the biggest plus of all... read progressions.

    Good player... good kid... posted good numbers despite many, many flaws from his feet to his elongated throwing motion (a source of turnovers) and questionable ball security and head.

    If he's the next Browns QB as more and more sources are saying, then I will root for his success, but I'm going in with my eyes wide open.

    Sorry , hmm I have been following sc recruiting and watching usc football since 1993 where I attended school had went to classes with Rob Johnson, Willie McGinest and Jason Seahorn.  I can pretty much say I know more about sc players than probably anyone on this board.  During summer, at Lyon center I would often play basketball with guys on the football team and talked to them about football like kyle waholtz and the late Darrall Russell.  Heck, I thought Dylon Mccutchen would have a hall of fame career as a Brown.  I knew Sammy knight was better than his 4.9 40 time at the combine that dropped him to either late rounds or FA pick up.   He was a real football player.  I was wrong about some players projection in the nfl like Rob Johnson, R J Soward, Matt Lienart.  I wished them to do well but l also knew Matt Barkley, John David Booty, mitch mustain, Cody Kessler pretty much will be lower tier qbs.  And I also hoped Randall Cunningham's kid who is on the sc track team who won the ncaa in high jump would play Qb at SC. He is a  jr i believe and was qb at Bishop Gorman high, LV. was the qb there before Tate Martell who was recently backup to j.t. at osu.  We also have a kid from Mater dei, power house sc pipeline along with Serra and long beach poly, have another qb JT Daniels coming in this fall who many  project to be the starter at the end of the season.  He as a jr won the gatorade high schoolnplayer of the year..just like matt barkley and Browne and reclassified to Sr. to graduate early.  I can tell you all about california  recruiting esp. Those involving usc.  And from my expert view of the two qbs....darnold is a winner.  Has that "it" factor.  Rosen was the chosen one...roster full of top 10~15 ranked recruiting classes with and after and never winning any games that mattered and lossing to inferior teams. He hasnt shown me that he can win games.  Matter of fact I think he is lesser qb than Cade Mcnown coming out of ucla.   I don't  know about Allen or Mayfield I know about the Darnold and Rosen.  Both may end up being Manning/Brady, however Darnold is a better prospect and will be better in the nfl.

  • Basically a "I'm an alumnus so I can't be wrong"  post...

    Meanwhile I'm more than capable of being objective about the Bucks.

  • @tour2ma said:

    ummm... no...

    There is no... I repeat, no... comparison between the floors of these two QB prospects. See the visual evidence for the post above as a starting point.

    Anticipation... hitting a primary receiver who is entering a dead spot in a zone is not NFL grade anticipation and neither is hitting a streaking WR clearing his man. Throwing to an opening man is not the same as throwing a man open... and it is the latter that takes anticipation.

    Keeps his eyes Downfield? All the time? No... drops eyes to the rush. Now once clear he looks back up... throws it if he is running east/west... runs it if he's heading north/south. He is not adept at sliding in the pocket, but bails prematurely.

    I love this San Capistrano blue-collar narrative... but Dad is a plumber... a medical gas plumber who pulls down 6-figues...

    "Recruited" to play LB (nice Wikipedia use there)... yeah when he was a Sophomore in HS and the USC DC stopped by the school. At the time he was splitting his time between LB and WR.

    Switched to QB but was hurt most of his JR year. Played his Sr. year. The started two years at USC. For those who are counting that's 3 years and change of QB'ing at the HS and College level.

    Small wonder the kid lacks the biggest plus of all... read progressions.

    Good player... good kid... posted good numbers despite many, many flaws from his feet to his elongated throwing motion (a source of turnovers) and questionable ball security and head.

    If he's the next Browns QB as more and more sources are saying, then I will root for his success, but I'm going in with my eyes wide open.

    Sorry , hmm I have been following sc recruiting and watching usc football since 1993 where I attended school had went to classes with Rob Johnson, Willie McGinest and Jason Seahorn.  I can pretty much say I know more about sc players than probably anyone on this board.  During summer, at Lyon center I would often play basketball with guys on the football team and talked to them about football like kyle waholtz and the late Darrall Russell.  Heck, I thought Dylon Mccutchen would have a hall of fame career as a Brown.  I knew Sammy knight was better than his 4.9 40 time at the combine that dropped him to either late rounds or FA pick up.   He was a real football player.  I was wrong about some players projection in the nfl like Rob Johnson, R J Soward, Matt Lienart.  I wished them to do well but l also knew Matt Barkley, John David Booty, mitch mustain, Cody Kessler pretty much will be lower tier qbs.  And I also hoped Randall Cunningham's kid who is on the sc track team who won the ncaa in high jump would play Qb at SC. He is a  jr i believe and was qb at Bishop Gorman high, LV. was the qb there before Tate Martell who was recently backup to j.t. at osu.  We also have a kid from Mater dei, power house sc pipeline along with Serra and long beach poly, have another qb JT Daniels coming in this fall who many  project to be the starter at the end of the season.  He as a jr won the gatorade high schoolnplayer of the year..just like matt barkley and Browne and reclassified to Sr. to graduate early.  I can tell you all about california  recruiting esp. Those involving usc.  And from my expert view of the two qbs....darnold is a winner.  Has that "it" factor.  Rosen was the chosen one...roster full of top 10~15 ranked recruiting classes with and after and never winning any games that mattered and lossing to inferior teams. He hasnt shown me that he can win games.  Matter of fact I think he is lesser qb than Cade Mcnown coming out of ucla.   I don't  know about Allen or Mayfield I know about the Darnold and Rosen.  Both may end up being Manning/Brady, however Darnold is a better prospect and will be better in the nfl.

    @ashtabula said:

    And from my expert view of the two qbs

    Ah... an "expert"... I make pointed criticisms and you respond with your resume? Is that what experts do?