Skip to content

It's confirmed ... Sashi Sucked

The Browns Board
122 30 4.3k 1
  • Anyone else find it ironic that the "football guy" just took statistically and analytically the best qb in college fb at #1 DESPITE all the other analysis saying take the other guys? 

    @bigalow80 said:

    Anyone else find it ironic that the "football guy" just took statistically and analytically the best qb in college fb at #1 DESPITE all the other analysis saying take the other guys? 

    Me...

  • Anyone else find it ironic that the "football guy" just took statistically and analytically the best qb in college fb at #1 DESPITE all the other analysis saying take the other guys? 

    @bigalow80 said:

    Anyone else find it ironic that the "football guy" just took statistically and analytically the best qb in college fb at #1 DESPITE all the other analysis saying take the other guys? 

    Mayfield is a hybrid. I tweeted this earlier... he's right at the intersection of football guy street and data darling avenue.

  • @bigalow80 said:

    Anyone else find it ironic that the "football guy" just took statistically and analytically the best qb in college fb at #1 DESPITE all the other analysis saying take the other guys? 

    Mayfield is a hybrid. I tweeted this earlier... he's right at the intersection of football guy street and data darling avenue.

    @mike-h said:

    Mayfield is a hybrid. I tweeted this earlier... he's right at the intersection of football guy street and data darling avenue.

    Stat monster with a football guy attytude...

    Just have a feeling that he's been as good as he's ever gonna be and I'm not confident that the 'tude translates.

  • @mike-h said:

    Mayfield is a hybrid. I tweeted this earlier... he's right at the intersection of football guy street and data darling avenue.

    Stat monster with a football guy attytude...

    Just have a feeling that he's been as good as he's ever gonna be and I'm not confident that the 'tude translates.

    @tour2ma said:

    Stat monster with a football guy attytude...

    Just have a feeling that he's been as good as he's ever gonna be and I'm not confident that the 'tude translates.

    If the tude doesn't translate, and he's truly capped out, then he'll come down to earth pretty damn quickly. Let's hope neither are true.

  • Anyone else find it ironic that the "football guy" just took statistically and analytically the best qb in college fb at #1 DESPITE all the other analysis saying take the other guys? 

    @bigalow80 said:

    Anyone else find it ironic that the "football guy" just took statistically and analytically the best qb in college fb at #1 DESPITE all the other analysis saying take the other guys? 

    I am not sure ironic is the right word.   Perhaps logical is a better word.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Stat monster with a football guy attytude...

    Just have a feeling that he's been as good as he's ever gonna be and I'm not confident that the 'tude translates.

    If the tude doesn't translate, and he's truly capped out, then he'll come down to earth pretty damn quickly. Let's hope neither are true.

    @mike-h said:

    If the tude doesn't translate, and he's truly capped out, then he'll come down to earth pretty damn quickly. Let's hope neither are true.

    I see the "tude" as being a bit  Namath like....or Favre-ish".    But it will be his talent, not his 'tude that matters.

  • @mike-h said:

    If the tude doesn't translate, and he's truly capped out, then he'll come down to earth pretty damn quickly. Let's hope neither are true.

    I see the "tude" as being a bit  Namath like....or Favre-ish".    But it will be his talent, not his 'tude that matters.

    @the-gipper said:

    But it will be his talent, not his 'tude that matters.

    Possibly, but Baker feels like one of those guys where the two are closely linked.

  • @the-gipper said:

    But it will be his talent, not his 'tude that matters.

    Possibly, but Baker feels like one of those guys where the two are closely linked.

    @tour2ma said:

    Possibly, but Baker feels like one of those guys where the two are closely linked.

    Yea, but without the latter, the former won't matter.  All the swag on earth won't make you play better if you don't have the capability.  The swag can maybe ramp up the talent a bit....but that base talent must be there.

  • One little "stat" I heard this morning concerned whether his height might be a problem or not. He actually had the lowest rate of "blocked" passes of all the QBs in the draft. Interesting huh?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Possibly, but Baker feels like one of those guys where the two are closely linked.

    Yea, but without the latter, the former won't matter.  All the swag on earth won't make you play better if you don't have the capability.  The swag can maybe ramp up the talent a bit....but that base talent must be there.

    @the-gipper said:

    Yea, but without the latter, the former won't matter.

    And vice versa... whcih was my point.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yea, but without the latter, the former won't matter.

    And vice versa... whcih was my point.

    @tour2ma said:

    And vice versa... whcih was my point.

    Well....I don't know.  Can a QB be good without any swag?  While, yes, I think every QB has to have a lot of Chutzpah......it seems that some may appear to be somnolent, though they likely are not. 

    Look at a few of the ones that have played for the Browns the last umpteen years.