Best Conceal Carry Pistol
-
This guy does a good job of selling the Ruger with insight into trigger pull, accuracy and ease of lightness of carry. Sounds like he has a Glock 43 and Glock 26 already and now favors the improved striker fire LC9s. Plus I learned I can get a 9 round mag as well for it. Good selling point as well.
-
And backed up by this guy who I know from many of his other videos really knows weapons of all kinds.
-
My son has the Glock 23 4th gen .40 cal. Think I'll go out and fire several rounds through it first. The only disadvantage I see for me personally is that the sights are fixed. That was a problem I had with the Kel-tec..........had to aim to the left to hit center target. I like the Ruger's adjustable sight because I got spoiled by that on my .357 Blackhawk. Once sighted in I never had to use Kentucky windage to be dead on. I'd love to use it as my c/c revolver, but it's longer than most full sized pistols. Sure fun to shoot though.
I can get the Glock here for $500 plus tax and the Ruger LC9s Pro for $260 plus tax. (Standard with extra safety features $280).
This may sound a bit strange, but the Ruger can be gotten at no extra charge in Marsala color for the frame with Blue steel slide. That actually could be an advantage for a second or two if caught in a situation facing someone with a gun in their hand. They might just mistake it for me having a toy pistol in my hand instead of a lethal weapon. It certainly could pass for one.
EDIT: I will look at the Glock 43 as well. About 3 3/4 ounces less weight that the 26 but 4 less rds in the clip. $450 though so there's that. Thinner and just barely shorter barrel.
My son has the Glock 23 4th gen .40 cal. Think I'll go out and fire several rounds through it first. The only disadvantage I see for me personally is that the sights are fixed. That was a problem I had with the Kel-tec..........had to aim to the left to hit center target. I like the Ruger's adjustable sight because I got spoiled by that on my .357 Blackhawk. Once sighted in I never had to use Kentucky windage to be dead on. I'd love to use it as my c/c revolver, but it's longer than most full sized pistols. Sure fun to shoot though.
I can get the Glock here for $500 plus tax and the Ruger LC9s Pro for $260 plus tax. (Standard with extra safety features $280).
This may sound a bit strange, but the Ruger can be gotten at no extra charge in Marsala color for the frame with Blue steel slide. That actually could be an advantage for a second or two if caught in a situation facing someone with a gun in their hand. They might just mistake it for me having a toy pistol in my hand instead of a lethal weapon. It certainly could pass for one.
EDIT: I will look at the Glock 43 as well. About 3 3/4 ounces less weight that the 26 but 4 less rds in the clip. $450 though so there's that. Thinner and just barely shorter barrel.
Pink Tex? really?????

-
My son has the Glock 23 4th gen .40 cal. Think I'll go out and fire several rounds through it first. The only disadvantage I see for me personally is that the sights are fixed. That was a problem I had with the Kel-tec..........had to aim to the left to hit center target. I like the Ruger's adjustable sight because I got spoiled by that on my .357 Blackhawk. Once sighted in I never had to use Kentucky windage to be dead on. I'd love to use it as my c/c revolver, but it's longer than most full sized pistols. Sure fun to shoot though.
I can get the Glock here for $500 plus tax and the Ruger LC9s Pro for $260 plus tax. (Standard with extra safety features $280).
This may sound a bit strange, but the Ruger can be gotten at no extra charge in Marsala color for the frame with Blue steel slide. That actually could be an advantage for a second or two if caught in a situation facing someone with a gun in their hand. They might just mistake it for me having a toy pistol in my hand instead of a lethal weapon. It certainly could pass for one.
EDIT: I will look at the Glock 43 as well. About 3 3/4 ounces less weight that the 26 but 4 less rds in the clip. $450 though so there's that. Thinner and just barely shorter barrel.
Pink Tex? really?????

Pink Tex? really?????

Oh silly boy!!

Marsala red wine. What could be better?

Plus I figured if it was that color I could finally get my wife to learn how to shoot one. In 48+ years she has not once fired any pistol, rifle or shotgun I have owned. She still resists becoming a real Texan.

Plus if I ever have to defend myself, the other person may just die laughing without me having to fire a shot!!


-
Well I bought that Wine Pink gun and it's actually a darker wine colored frame than the picture reflects.
I'll be sighting it in (L - R adjustable rear sight) and practicing with it this weekend some time, unless I find the boss has scheduled my time for me again.
Cost after tax was only $307. I've had great luck with Rugers in the past, so I expect this one will be just fine as well. That little finger extension on the magazine makes the grip fit perfectly, so no excuses for not shooting it well other than elderly tremors or something.

-
I only own one gun. A German Luger rifle that my Dad "liberated" during WWII. It has the swastika insignia's on it.
-
I only own one gun. A German Luger rifle that my Dad "liberated" during WWII. It has the swastika insignia's on it.
I only own one gun. A German Luger rifle that my Dad "liberated" during WWII. It has the swastika insignia's on it.
That thing is worth a ton of bucks. Unusual weapon and likely very rare. You should get that on one of the TV antique assessment shows.
https://www.forgottenweapons.com/early-semiauto-rifles/german-luger-rifle/
-
-
I only own one gun. A German Luger rifle that my Dad "liberated" during WWII. It has the swastika insignia's on it.
That thing is worth a ton of bucks. Unusual weapon and likely very rare. You should get that on one of the TV antique assessment shows.
https://www.forgottenweapons.com/early-semiauto-rifles/german-luger-rifle/
That thing is worth a ton of bucks. Unusual weapon and likely very rare. You should get that on one of the TV antique assessment shows.
https://www.forgottenweapons.com/early-semiauto-rifles/german-luger-rifle/
Been there, done that. You see some guys on ebay wanting a couple or three grand for them. (but you don't see where they were sold for that). Took it to a firearms guy....who said it was only worth one less zero....200-300.
-
That thing is worth a ton of bucks. Unusual weapon and likely very rare. You should get that on one of the TV antique assessment shows.
https://www.forgottenweapons.com/early-semiauto-rifles/german-luger-rifle/
Been there, done that. You see some guys on ebay wanting a couple or three grand for them. (but you don't see where they were sold for that). Took it to a firearms guy....who said it was only worth one less zero....200-300.
BTW I "saved" a new baby deer today........................................from me.

I was doing my lawn and came across a new fawn laying very still just outside my back fence. I know that the mothers often leave them and somehow they know not to move a muscle no matter what. But this one looked almost dead and I could not see it breathing even as close as two feet away. So I slowly got down right next to it and gently stroked it thinking if it was alive it would finally get up. But it did not move but it did start to respond with nostril movement. I gently picked it up and it was lip as a noodle so I placed it back down and contacted wild animal rescue. They discussed the position it was in when found and it was semi-fetal with front paws under the head. They assured me that the really new ones try to make you think they are dead and to just observe it for 24 hours to see if it moves. Well about two hours later I peek out the back bedroom blinds and around the corner of the fence in the direction of the woods from my house here comes the mom. As soon as she peeks around the fence corner at baby deer, he/she jumps right up and runs to mom. She leads it back to the edge of the woods where she grooms it and he/she starts slurping milk like there's no tomorrow. After he has his fill she led him on into the woods for a better hiding place after she licked my smell off him. I'm sure he/she had quite a tale to tell her.
Been there, done that. You see some guys on ebay wanting a couple or three grand for them. (but you don't see where they were sold for that). Took it to a firearms guy....who said it was only worth one less zero....200-300.
The firearms guy is lying through his teeth. Take it to an honest one.
-
If it's a genuine Nazi weapon that thing is worth thousands.
-
If it's a genuine Nazi weapon that thing is worth thousands.
If it's a genuine Nazi weapon that thing is worth thousands.
It is definitely genuine. My Dad brought it back from the war.
If and when I decide to sell....will one of you pay me thousands you say it is worth?
-
If it's a genuine Nazi weapon that thing is worth thousands.
If it's a genuine Nazi weapon that thing is worth thousands.
I totally agree with DH. Thousands because it's not only Nazi, but is a rare weapon on top of that. That guy was trying to take you or he's an idiot.
This will give you an idea about how much a less rare Luger pistol is worth and then figure rare on top of that. Real collectors will pay more than you would ever think.
https://www.thefirearmsforum.com/threads/whats-my-dads-1942-p08-german-luger-worth.110047/
-
Here is what is being asked for a WWII Mauser and if you look at the pics, there is a lot of rust on it.
-
If it's a genuine Nazi weapon that thing is worth thousands.
I totally agree with DH. Thousands because it's not only Nazi, but is a rare weapon on top of that. That guy was trying to take you or he's an idiot.
This will give you an idea about how much a less rare Luger pistol is worth and then figure rare on top of that. Real collectors will pay more than you would ever think.
https://www.thefirearmsforum.com/threads/whats-my-dads-1942-p08-german-luger-worth.110047/
I totally agree with DH. Thousands because it's not only Nazi, but is a rare weapon on top of that. That guy was trying to take you or he's an idiot.
This will give you an idea about how much a less rare Luger pistol is worth and then figure rare on top of that. Real collectors will pay more than you would ever think.
https://www.thefirearmsforum.com/threads/whats-my-dads-1942-p08-german-luger-worth.110047/
Well....one place was a pawn shop....and no doubt they would try to rip you off. But the other was supposed to be a firearms expert. And he is the one that said it was only worth 2-300 dollars.
So....let me know when one of you is willing to pay me 3K for it.

-
Here is what is being asked for a WWII Mauser and if you look at the pics, there is a lot of rust on it.
Here is what is being asked for a WWII Mauser and if you look at the pics, there is a lot of rust on it.
"Asked" is not the same as "paid". I saw a number of them in ebay that they were asking 2-3 K for. Did not see where anyone ever bid close to those figures though.
-
If it's a genuine Nazi weapon that thing is worth thousands.
I totally agree with DH. Thousands because it's not only Nazi, but is a rare weapon on top of that. That guy was trying to take you or he's an idiot.
This will give you an idea about how much a less rare Luger pistol is worth and then figure rare on top of that. Real collectors will pay more than you would ever think.
https://www.thefirearmsforum.com/threads/whats-my-dads-1942-p08-german-luger-worth.110047/
I totally agree with DH. Thousands because it's not only Nazi, but is a rare weapon on top of that. That guy was trying to take you or he's an idiot.
This will give you an idea about how much a less rare Luger pistol is worth and then figure rare on top of that. Real collectors will pay more than you would ever think.
https://www.thefirearmsforum.com/threads/whats-my-dads-1942-p08-german-luger-worth.110047/
On the last Wednesday night at the Range they had a show on the Lugers, the rare ones are worth a nice fortune, with matching numbers a huge fortune.....for a handgun.
-
Here is what is being asked for a WWII Mauser and if you look at the pics, there is a lot of rust on it.
"Asked" is not the same as "paid". I saw a number of them in ebay that they were asking 2-3 K for. Did not see where anyone ever bid close to those figures though.
"Asked" is not the same as "paid". I saw a number of them in ebay that they were asking 2-3 K for. Did not see where anyone ever bid close to those figures though.
Send me the serial numbers PM and I'll ask a reputable dealer/trader I know in Austin. If it's $10,000 I'll pay you the $3,000 and come get it myself. LOL!

Any rust on it anywhere or is it still in decent shape?
Any other markings including Caliber, maker, any dates or numbers and exactly what the Nazi marking looks like (size, etc.) would be of help as well. Does it still have the original strap or any magazines that go with it?
-
"Asked" is not the same as "paid". I saw a number of them in ebay that they were asking 2-3 K for. Did not see where anyone ever bid close to those figures though.
Send me the serial numbers PM and I'll ask a reputable dealer/trader I know in Austin. If it's $10,000 I'll pay you the $3,000 and come get it myself. LOL!

Any rust on it anywhere or is it still in decent shape?
Any other markings including Caliber, maker, any dates or numbers and exactly what the Nazi marking looks like (size, etc.) would be of help as well. Does it still have the original strap or any magazines that go with it?
Send me the serial numbers PM and I'll ask a reputable dealer/trader I know in Austin. If it's $10,000 I'll pay you the $3,000 and come get it myself. LOL!

Any rust on it anywhere or is it still in decent shape?
Any other markings including Caliber, maker, any dates or numbers and exactly what the Nazi marking looks like (size, etc.) would be of help as well. Does it still have the original strap or any magazines that go with it?
I will have to look at it closely for the stuff you want.: numbers etc. No rust to speak of...still in good shape It has a couple of the Nazi insignias, that are very very small. But no strap or magazines.
-
The Lugers were very finely machined and assembled German pistols and rather expensive which don't lend themselves well to major war efforts. Most people think of WWII when talking about lugars or the bad guys in movies but they go well back from that.
The Pistole Parabellum—or Parabellum-Pistole (Pistol Parabellum), commonly known in the United States as just Luger[4]—is a toggle-locked recoil-operated semi-automatic pistol produced in several models and by several nations from 1898 to 1948. The design was first patented by Georg Luger as an improvement upon the Borchardt Automatic Pistol, and was produced as the Parabellum Automatic Pistol, Borchardt-Luger System by the German arms manufacturer Deutsche Waffen- und Munitionsfabriken(DWM).[1] The first production model was known as the Modell 1900 Parabellum.[1] Later versions included the Pistol Parabellum Model 1908 or P08 which was produced by DWM and other manufacturers such as W+F Bern, Krieghoff, Simson, Mauser, and Vickers;[5] The first Parabellum pistol was adopted by the Swiss army in May 1900. In German Army service, the Parabellum was later adopted in modified form as the Pistol Model 1908 (P08) in caliber 9×19mm Parabellum.[1] The Model 08 was eventually succeeded in and partly replaced by the Walther P38.
The Luger is well known from its use by Germans during World War I and World War II, along with the interwar Weimar Republic and the postwar East German Volkspolizei. Although the P.08 was introduced in 7.65mm Parabellum, it is notable for being the pistol for which the 9×19mm Parabellum (also known as the 9×19mm Luger) cartridge was developed. Because of its association with Nazi Germany, the pistol has been used in fictional works by many villainous characters over the past several decades........
Not exactly a good concealed carry gun but great for serious collectors.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
