Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • As I said in another thread, it doesn't matter who the QB is as long as the defense lays a turd every week.

    @canton-dawg said:

    As I said in another thread, it doesn't matter who the QB is as long as the defense lays a turd every week.

    no shit, errrrr i mean no turd. i hear you though. By the way, we cannot run the ball either. oh and yet again, i don't want to hear this shit that all those qb sacks on mccown were his fault and not the ol because you better blame chonnie for all his sacks today also, just like mccown...IT'S THE FUCKING OL. THEY SUCK..

  • And McCown...

  • Johnny is so bad he had all day to throw and just danced missed open recivers once again bad ball security his nfl experience needs to be done and on top of that the Browns talent scouts need fired Gilbert Manziel bowe homeruns there

  • Anyone else wondering why the word HEART wasn't capitalised as well??

  • If you can't see that, If you can't smell that you're done.

    He's on his ass every play and I know he isn't that good but at least he plays hard unless the rest of these millionaire jerk offs.

    @walterwhite said:

    If you can't see that, If you can't smell that you're done.

    He's on his ass every play and I know he isn't that good but at least he plays hard unless the rest of these millionaire jerk offs.

    This was actually the best post I've read from you. Don't worry - they'll kick the wrong guy outta town in this one so we can hear about it forever. Book it.

  • He looked good.....Oh my.......somebody must have tinkered with my beer.

  • Why is it every time Manziel hooks up with Benjamin - it's the longest reception of the season for Cleveland? Not bad for a weak arm but was it in the pocket or out of the pocket? Gotta debunk something right?

    Come on Front Office - Don Strock is only in his 60s and you don't have him signed yet? Oh wait, we have the previously unemployed phenom Austin Davis that got a wonderful contract. Definitely worthy of tenure here in Cleveland. He's clearly the answer to all our problems.

    We're back to preseason football with 6-7 games left on the schedule and people are convinced Manziel is the biggest evil here?

    We're about 30 years away from winning a playoff game after punting away the entire career of Joe Thomas. Proud moments folks - proud moments. Just scapegoat another QB we drafted as 100% of all our problems and all your problems are solved. I've watched this sequel play out since the NFL buried our proud tradition.

  • Manziel finished on 372 yards in only his 5th start. I like McCown, but I'd prefer to see Johnny next game.

  • Johnny played good. I'd ride him for the rest of the season and let him get practical game experience.

  • Who cares if mccown "gives us a better chance to win". The season is done. All winning will do is fuck the draft.

    After that performance I'm not even sure mccown gives us a better chance to win.

  • Johnny played fine and I'd like to see more of him, but McCown still plays with infinitely more heart.

  • And for the love of christ hire Bernie kosar and give him some authority. Is he a drunk? Maybe. Is he punchy? Maybe. Does he understand football? Better than anyone the browns have hired in 15 years. Does he love the browns? Absolutely.

  • Let's remember too we played a bad d and what happens 6 yards rushing what's that tell us oh yeah they do not fear Manziel pack the box make him throw he bad should have never got him we could of had Watkins bad pick again but let's slow down killing the offence there operating without a wr that can take the top of a d or requires two defenders it hurts the whole operation

  • I certainly gained confidence the 1st play. Turnovers and falling over his own guys impressed the hell outa me

  • Manziel finished on 372 yards in only his 5th start. I like McCown, but I'd prefer to see Johnny next game.

    @deputydawg said:

    Manziel finished on 372 yards in only his 5th start. I like McCown, but I'd prefer to see Johnny next game.

    You're gonna be more evil than ISIS on this board but I agree 100% with you.

  • I saw johnny make a lot of good throws today. I don't know what the johnny haters were watching but I was watching a kid give his all to attempt to beat our nemesis.

  • mccown is a gamer. looks like manziel might be too.

    start manziel the rest of the year so a decision can finally be made and the nonsense in-fighting between fans/friends will stop.

    it's as bad as talking politics and religion on here anymore.

    give manziel an assault rifle, let him punch his drunk pregnant girlfriend in the gut while he's high and going into a grade school.......

  • Walter,

    +1 on this thread. Johnny wasn't the only one playing with heart, but the kid did the Browns proud today...certainly prouder than the vaunted 'defensive experts".

    We're seeing this after just FIVE starts. Bortles, Bridgewater, & Carr each have had MANY more starts & each of them play under Offensive Coordinators with extensive experience as NFL Offensive Coordinators as opposed to Johnny playing under a ROOKIE NFL Offensive Coordinator with no previous experience calling plays at the NFL level.

    For those who still dislike Johnny, please open your eyes & watch him play. You might even like what you see.

    Mike

  • Don't get me wrong. May as well play him....kinda like saying "hire the handicapped. They're fun to watch"

  • And for the love of christ hire Bernie kosar and give him some authority. Is he a drunk? Maybe. Is he punchy? Maybe. Does he understand football? Better than anyone the browns have hired in 15 years. Does he love the browns? Absolutely.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    And for the love of christ hire Bernie kosar and give him some authority.

    didn't lerner try that with the most famous 'brown' of all?

    how'd that work out?