Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
Dallas has the fourth pick and Jerrah has intimated he'd take a QB. No team in their right mind wants Johnny Baggage. Maybe Chip Kelly takes a flier if he lands the SanFrancisco job.
RG3 can't stay healthy, His teammates hated him but he's still better than Manziel.
Chip Kelly is still the wildcard ( or Joker) in this year's coaching carousel. Knowing Kelly he'll take both these guys to wherever he lands.
The Rams need a quarterback, San Francisco, Browns, Chicago might want one, Houston will need to draft one too
And finally, if I was Indy, I would at least get a backup.
Bottom line,for Dallas: they'll work out RG3 and Manziel,then draft a QB.
AS LONG AS,IT IS NOT CARDALE
-
VesnaKociper said:
This is like finding out that BOTH Oprah Winfrey and Whoopie Goldberg want to be your prom date.
Wow, I bet Jerry Jones is just shitting himself over these two great opportunities. A run-first cripple.........A POS punk.
Both garbage.
You're forgetting that Jerry Jones is way in to middle aged big black women (in this analogy).
-
Well if you can set aside the personal beef that you guys have had since johnny was drafted you must admit that he has shown potential and has actually played and won in 2015. There must be some reason that rg3 never even saw the field.
And at least some of you guys wanted him here.
One would assume Reginald is harder to get along with, teamwise, than Johnny.
I'd bet Washington fans would have more information.
WSS
-
Well if you can set aside the personal beef that you guys have had since johnny was drafted you must admit that he has shown potential and has actually played and won in 2015. There must be some reason that rg3 never even saw the field.
And at least some of you guys wanted him here.
One would assume Reginald is harder to get along with, teamwise, than Johnny.
I'd bet Washington fans would have more information.
WSS
Well if you can set aside the personal beef that you guys have had since johnny was drafted you must admit that he has shown potential and has actually played and won in 2015. There must be some reason that rg3 never even saw the field.
And at least some of you guys wanted him here.
One would assume Reginald is harder to get along with, teamwise, than Johnny.
I'd bet Washington fans would have more information.
WSS
I think RG3's problem was that he was front and centre in a tug of power between Snyder and The Shanahans, and generally wasn't that good. Snyder wanted to build the franchise around him, Shanahans didn't, and RG3 suffered. He hasn't done or said anything that indicates bad teammate as far as I can remember.
With Johnny, he's shown progress as a player, to the point where now we're like 'OK, maybe this guy can be decent in the future' and his team mates were all pleased with the attitude, in the building. But, he keeps giving the finger to those same team mates by just not really caring when he's outside the building. Like JT said, he wants the Browns to be the most important thing in his QB's life, and it's clear that Manziel's priorities lie elsewhere, and he's sure it'll be addressed in the offseason.
-
I assume players are not allowed to talk to other teams while they are under contract.
If they were I'm sure Johnny could convince Jerry that the reason he wanted out of Cleveland was the fact the coach dislike him and kept him off the field for spite.
He did fairly well here and should do a lor better with a strong team where he will assumedly be the heir apparent to Tony Romo.
So is the behavior a result of his perceived vote of no confidence by the team administration or systemic within himself?
The answer to that riddle will tell the story of whether he successful or not.
There is always the chance the new staff here will see him as the quarterback of the future and his attitude may change.
Or not.
WSS
-
I don't see that as a finger toward his teammates, I don't think they care that much. I'd assume his relationships with them in the locker room and on the field are what they care about. The coaching staff and the PR team are a different story.
One thought about the Vegas trip; I'm sure he smelled the smoke about his guy ray farmer about to be shown the door.
WSS
-
I don't see that as a finger toward his teammates, I don't think they care that much. I'd assume his relationships with them in the locker room and on the field are what they care about. The coaching staff and the PR team are a different story.
One thought about the Vegas trip; I'm sure he smelled the smoke about his guy ray farmer about to be shown the door.
WSS
I don't see that as a finger toward his teammates, I don't think they care that much. I'd assume his relationships with them in the locker room and on the field are what they care about. The coaching staff and the PR team are a different story.
One thought about the Vegas trip; I'm sure he smelled the smoke about his guy ray farmer about to be shown the door.
WSS
Seemed like big Joe was pretty pissed off:
“If that’s a true report that’s obvious for him some things are more important than football and being a starting quarterback and that’s something that probably needs to be addressed in the offseason,” left tackle Joe Thomas said.
When asked what he’d like to see from Manziel in the future, Thomas replied: “Just a commitment to the game, that’s the biggest thing. I just want to know the Cleveland Browns are the most important thing in that person’s life.”
And Thomas is a bit of a gentle giant. Can't imagine Dansby took it too well, or Whitner, or guys that are really invested.
-
if Johnny truly did show up to a meeting drunk, i bet they care quite a bit. if nothing else the favoritism and double standard would drive a teammate crazy.
also, the days where Night Train Lane could go m.i.a. then show up an hour before a game and win it are ancient history, today's playbooks would eat him alive.
to me JmfM's antics are more because he wants out and doesn't care about repercussions rather than addiction, but I could be wrong. orchestrating a release this way while still maintaining other NFL team's respect for him even surpasses Kosar's wiley draft manipulation. if he ends up back in Texas somehow his maneuvering will not just be admired, it will be legendary.
because of this--for better or for worse--letting him out won't allow the Browns to save face if true. it says to the public that he rejected Cleveland and the Browns, and got away with all of it.
as backwards as it may feel, keeping him as a backup is the only way to maintain some respect for the organization in my opinion.
-
Did you know he's hiding out in his home in Avon Lake with a sheet on his door. FanSided showed a picture of his front door that was published by TMZ.
THEY ALSO POSTED A PIC OF HIM SHOPPING FOR WINE AND POTATO CHIPS
Doesn't TMZ have anything better to do.
-
Early on, I was thrilled with the draft pick of Manziel. Last season showed me that he really did not have the talent or desire needed to play in the NFL. All this crap that has happened lately should be more than enough to convince the most devoted follower of Johnny Football, that the kid is a joke, and there is no chance that he will ever be even an average qb in the NFL. For anyone to suggest that Manziel has some brilliant scheme to get out of Cleveland is about as far fetched and ridiculous as you can get. Even though I'm a firm believer that there are aliens living and working among us, I refuse to believe this crap. This is just a concoction of some of you JM fans because you can't believe that he could really be that dumb. Well...he is that dumb. Deal with it. We need to cut this loser immediately, and let someone else deal with him. If Jerry Jones is willing to give it a shot, then so be it. I refuse to believe that until I see it happen.
-
Chris I'm sure there are members of the team who are annoyed. Still Joe Thomas is the kind of guy who praises him when he worked hard. I'm sure he's disappointed if in fact these actions are indicative Johnny's cavalier attitude toward the game, as opposed to a way out of a place he felt he wasn't wanted.
Rumor has it he's well liked among some other players. Who knows?
Sisky I mostly agree with that.
Imagine a player from Cleveland drafted by the Dallas Cowboys who got and round up getting dumped or traded to the Browns and took us to the playoffs. Nobody would care if he fucked a sheep in downtown Dallas to get out.
WSS
-
-
Early on, I was thrilled with the draft pick of Manziel. Last season showed me that he really did not have the talent or desire needed to play in the NFL. All this crap that has happened lately should be more than enough to convince the most devoted follower of Johnny Football, that the kid is a joke, and there is no chance that he will ever be even an average qb in the NFL. For anyone to suggest that Manziel has some brilliant scheme to get out of Cleveland is about as far fetched and ridiculous as you can get. Even though I'm a firm believer that there are aliens living and working among us, I refuse to believe this crap. This is just a concoction of some of you JM fans because you can't believe that he could really be that dumb. Well...he is that dumb. Deal with it. We need to cut this loser immediately, and let someone else deal with him. If Jerry Jones is willing to give it a shot, then so be it. I refuse to believe that until I see it happen.
you firmly believe there are ET's not only present but fully integrated into our society but Johnny orchestrating a release is about as far fetched and ridiculous as it gets?For anyone to suggest that Manziel has some brilliant scheme to get out of Cleveland is about as far fetched and ridiculous as you can get. Even though I'm a firm believer that there are aliens living and working among us, I refuse to believe this crap.
part of me likes your firm beliefs.
another part of me wonders why you think this is harder to believe than your ET example.
to me it's not even far fetched or difficult to imagine. i've personally done crazier, many times.
and i'm no JmfM apologist but i disagree you can not draw those strong conclusions about his talent from a rookie year plagued by staff infighting and Hoyer resentments. Drew Brees', Paul Warfield's, and Gary Barnidge's do exist after all.
-
Oh sweet baby Jesus, PLEASE let this happen... This is just a warm up act for what the Billy Manziel act could produce in Dallas

Oh sweet baby Jesus, PLEASE let this happen... This is just a warm up act for what the Billy Manziel act could produce in Dallas

Yeah, the 2nd coming of..................................Dandy Don Meredith, worst kept partyboy secret ever. Except JM has better running skills.
If you think the Legend of Johnny Football is done...........................well, as they say in College Station, The Legend Continues. This dance has not fully played out. 10% chance he pulls it together and becomes someones real threat in the QB position. 90% chance the slide continues to a very sad ending for a guy who really did deserve the Heisman just based on the fact he still holds the top two single season total yardage records for the SEC and led the SEC in rushing, regardless of position, his Heisman season, breaking Archie Manning's 50+ y.o. QB record in the process.
This will either be a tragedy or a triumph, but either way it goes it will be epic. I'm just sorry that it will not be a triumph for the Browns, with the most deserving fans anywhere.That's down to about a 1% chance.
-
if JmfM can become a Cowboy, i feel the odds have got to be at least 50/50.
i'd actually set them at 80/20 he succeeds in being released, and also 80/20 he knuckles down for them and wrecks the league from Texas. from the staff to the weather to the nightlife, i just don't think he likes Cleveland very much.
-
Chris I'm sure there are members of the team who are annoyed. Still Joe Thomas is the kind of guy who praises him when he worked hard. I'm sure he's disappointed if in fact these actions are indicative Johnny's cavalier attitude toward the game, as opposed to a way out of a place he felt he wasn't wanted.
Rumor has it he's well liked among some other players. Who knows?
Sisky I mostly agree with that.
Imagine a player from Cleveland drafted by the Dallas Cowboys who got and round up getting dumped or traded to the Browns and took us to the playoffs. Nobody would care if he fucked a sheep in downtown Dallas to get out.
WSS
Sisky I mostly agree with that.
Imagine a player from Cleveland drafted by the Dallas Cowboys who got and wound up getting dumped or traded to the Browns and took us to the playoffs. Nobody would care if he fucked a sheep in downtown Dallas to get out.
WSS
I have been in agreement with a lot of your points throughout this latest Johnny drama (and previously) and have always appreciated your often out-of-the-box thoughts, and some occasional thought-provoking left field takes as well. cheers to contrarian comraderie.
-
An old fellow on the town council in some movie would vote against the majority as a general rule whether he agreed or not.
"I never liked a unanimous vote; don't seem democratic"

WSS
-
I wouldn't let Jerry Jones or Johnny Manziel dictate where he goes. He's under contract with no leverage so don't give them any. They both need to STFU and let the process happen. Everybody wants Johnny gone even Johnny himself so pay the fiddler.
RG3 would be an excellent choice if you want a divided lockerroom while he sits hurt on the sidelines.
-
Chris I'm sure there are members of the team who are annoyed. Still Joe Thomas is the kind of guy who praises him when he worked hard. I'm sure he's disappointed if in fact these actions are indicative Johnny's cavalier attitude toward the game, as opposed to a way out of a place he felt he wasn't wanted.
Rumor has it he's well liked among some other players. Who knows?
Sisky I mostly agree with that.
Imagine a player from Cleveland drafted by the Dallas Cowboys who got and round up getting dumped or traded to the Browns and took us to the playoffs. Nobody would care if he fucked a sheep in downtown Dallas to get out.
WSS
Manziel is a 100% joke.Chris I'm sure there are members of the team who are annoyed. Still Joe Thomas is the kind of guy who praises him when he worked hard. I'm sure he's disappointed if in fact these actions are indicative Johnny's cavalier attitude toward the game, as opposed to a way out of a place he felt he wasn't wanted.
Rumor has it he's well liked among some other players. Who knows?
Sisky I mostly agree with that.
Imagine a player from Cleveland drafted by the Dallas Cowboys who got and round up getting dumped or traded to the Browns and took us to the playoffs. Nobody would care if he fucked a sheep in downtown Dallas to get out.
WSS
Signed: a Browns player
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
