Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • @westside-steve said:

    Not to mention that while I have a great deal of respect for Leon Russell I have never thought he was an exceptional vocalist.

    Exceptional? No... not the word. Unusual... distinctive... interesting? Any or all apply. He had a way of phrasing that always pleased...

    His "... and the Shelter People" was a great LP.

    Leon was the headliner of the only concert I ever attended in old Muni Stadium... early 70's... maybe '72? Stage was set up in shallow center field and attendees filled the space fanning out from there all the way up the bleachers. Dr. John was the opening act.

    @tour2ma said:

    Exceptional? No... not the word. Unusual... distinctive... interesting? Any or all apply. He had a way of phrasing that always pleased...

    His "... and the Shelter People" was a great LP.

    Leon was the headliner of the only concert I ever attended in old Muni Stadium... early 70's... maybe '72? Stage was set up in shallow center field and attendees filled the space fanning out from there all the way up the bleachers. Dr. John was the opening act.

    I'll give you unusual distinctive interesting.

    Different category, in my opinion, thn guys like Lou Gramm, Steve Perry, Michael Bolton, Sam Cooke, Eric Carmen, Al Jarreau, Sinatra etcetera etcetera

    WSSa

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Hmmmmm. You are sounding more and more like a potential worthy opponent for this 68 year old daily racquetball player. 😆 :lol:

    Let's not get crazy okay? I can stand up and sing for a long time and I could probably walk 9 holes but racquetball? Please.

    😉

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Let's not get crazy okay? I can stand up and sing for a long time and I could probably walk 9 holes but racquetball? Please.

    😉

    WSS

    Boy they just don't make these kids today the way they used to. 😉

  • Little Tommy Rush agreed a long time ago...

  • Damn... looks like Vince is prepping for a comeback... as an OT...

    1453738959-Vince-Young.jpg

  • Him and Jamarcus must train together.

  • Damn... looks like Vince is prepping for a comeback... as an OT...

    1453738959-Vince-Young.jpg

    @tour2ma said:

    Damn... looks like Vince is prepping for a comeback... as an OT...

    1453738959-Vince-Young.jpg

    Is this Vince Young? Never knew he got thrown in prison.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Damn... looks like Vince is prepping for a comeback... as an OT...

    1453738959-Vince-Young.jpg

    Is this Vince Young? Never knew he got thrown in prison.

    @the-gipper said:

    Is this Vince Young? Never knew he got thrown in prison.

    Arrested today.

  • Wow...

    Vince was drafted in 2006...

    Career salary + endorsements totaled ~$64MM...

    Filed for bankruptcy in Jan., 2014...

    Liabilities included a $1.9MM payday loan...

    All per wiki...

  • Wow...

    Vince was drafted in 2006...

    Career salary + endorsements totaled ~$64MM...

    Filed for bankruptcy in Jan., 2014...

    Liabilities included a $1.9MM payday loan...

    All per wiki...

    @tour2ma said:

    Wow...

    Vince was drafted in 2006...

    Career salary + endorsements totaled ~$64MM...

    Filed for bankruptcy in Jan., 2014...

    Liabilities included a $1.9MM payday loan...

    All per wiki...

    No idea how these guys can blow through money like that. He's gotten a lot of bad advice in his day (or lack of advice)

    You'd think he'd have an advisor to say "shits gonna hit the fan unless you stop"

  • When this thread reaches 30 pages, will our long national nightmare be over?

  • @bbedward said:

    Found his draft profile from 2014 (via NFL.com)

    Pre-draft Johnny Manziel and 2015 Johnny Manziel are pretty damn close, as far as I could tell.

    He had 2 good deep throws to Travis Benjamin this year against the Titans and people were ready to anoint him the savior, defending him is really grasping at straws at this point.

    Maybe you can write an article on how specifically 2015 Johnny improved over 2014 Johnny. Because I didn't really see any significant improvements...and there was an awful he needed to improve on.

    You are literally the only person still saying this. I could write it if I had time, but hard to see the point when there isn't a large beckoning for something like that, because it's widely accepted.

    "This" refers to the notion that 2015 johnny didn't improve over 2014.

    @mike-h said:

    You are literally the only person still saying this. <snip> it's widely accepted.

    No, it's not.

    Hue Jackson agrees with me

    The problem with JF is that the next progression he goes through in which he chooses the best option.. will be his first. I don't care if he "wants to" improve or not.. the reality is that he hasn't improved, isn't improving currently, and isn't putting in the work.

    This is a very stupid thread. Please close it, mods.

  • 🙂

    I did say I was the only person who was watching if it was widely accepted.

  • Johnny caught the AFC Championship yesterday in true Johnny fashion:

    http://larrybrownsports.com/football/johnny-manziel-partied-at-bar-afc-championship/290403

  • "This" refers to the notion that 2015 johnny didn't improve over 2014.

    @mike-h said:

    You are literally the only person still saying this. <snip> it's widely accepted.

    No, it's not.

    Hue Jackson agrees with me

    The problem with JF is that the next progression he goes through in which he chooses the best option.. will be his first. I don't care if he "wants to" improve or not.. the reality is that he hasn't improved, isn't improving currently, and isn't putting in the work.

    This is a very stupid thread. Please close it, mods.

    @unsympathetic said:

    "This" refers to the notion that 2015 johnny didn't improve over 2014.

    No, it's not.

    Hue Jackson agrees with me

    The problem with JF is that the next progression he goes through in which he chooses the best option.. will be his first. I don't care if he "wants to" improve or not.. the reality is that he hasn't improved, isn't improving currently, and isn't putting in the work.

    This is a very stupid thread. Please close it, mods.

    Apparently, you don't understand how progression works. When a team picks a quarterback, it should play said quarterback to be able to make definitive statements like you just made. But you can't. What you can do is point towards improvements he has made, but there is far from enough of a sample size to know one way or the other.

  • When this thread reaches 30 pages, will our long national nightmare be over?

    @the-gipper said:

    When this thread reaches 30 pages, will our long national nightmare be over?

    We're going for 50, or until he gets sent packing.

    Zombo said:

    Johnny caught the AFC Championship yesterday in true Johnny fashion:

    http://larrybrownsports.com/football/johnny-manziel-partied-at-bar-afc-championship/290403

    Way to go JFF, he's gotta know this one just burned his last bridge with the Browns- and he obviously doesn't give a f**k what Sashi and Hue think of him. He's not only pissed on the Browns- he's pissed on us fans on top of it. I'm kinda mad about this one, FYI.

    One can only hope this video get back to Jerrah- I'd say his odds of ever landing a gig with another NFL team just got flushed.

  • I mean he's not doing anything wrong. He's been out boozing with members of the Mavs and Dallas' hockey team. Now he's out boozing at a bar watching the AFC championship. It's what he does he drinks. He doesn't do offseason workouts or any big time events - he just drinks a lot.

    He doesn't give two fucks about Cleveland or the Browns, but who cares they are about to become his former team.

    I'm just ready to pop the champagne when we draft a QB with real potential.

  • Just send this dummy somewhere else.

  • @the-gipper said:

    When this thread reaches 30 pages, will our long national nightmare be over?

    We're going for 50, or until he gets sent packing.

    Zombo said:

    Johnny caught the AFC Championship yesterday in true Johnny fashion:

    http://larrybrownsports.com/football/johnny-manziel-partied-at-bar-afc-championship/290403

    Way to go JFF, he's gotta know this one just burned his last bridge with the Browns- and he obviously doesn't give a f**k what Sashi and Hue think of him. He's not only pissed on the Browns- he's pissed on us fans on top of it. I'm kinda mad about this one, FYI.

    One can only hope this video get back to Jerrah- I'd say his odds of ever landing a gig with another NFL team just got flushed.

    @hoorta said:

    We're going for 50, or until he gets sent packing.

    Way to go JFF, he's gotta know this one just burned his last bridge with the Browns- and he obviously doesn't give a f**k what Sashi and Hue think of him. He's not only pissed on the Browns- he's pissed on us fans on top of it. I'm kinda mad about this one, FYI.

    One can only hope this video get back to Jerrah- I'd say his odds of ever landing a gig with another NFL team just got flushed.

    That bridge has already been burned, Larry. If you listen to Sashi, Paul and Hue ... they're done.

    He's gone, it's just interesting to watch how he spends his last couple months as a Brown.

    Zombo