Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
Someone mentioned Ray Lewis? Displaying hall of fame talent cures a lot of ills. Manziel sucks though. He doesn't have NFL level talent let alone Pro Bowl talent. All style no substance. They need to drop his ass like a sack of shit.
-
Fine....and then shutting it down. Rollercoaster rides do end.
Now don't take away all fun with JFF. The circus is half the game. It should get even better to see what town, if any, the circus goes to next and how that plays out there. It's just too damn entertaining to write off just because the circus left town. Just look how stirred up this board has been since he was drafted. You have to grin about some of the wild rollercoaster ride and it ain't over till it's over.
-
Fine....and then shutting it down. Rollercoaster rides do end.
Now don't take away all fun with JFF. The circus is half the game. It should get even better to see what town, if any, the circus goes to next and how that plays out there. It's just too damn entertaining to write off just because the circus left town. Just look how stirred up this board has been since he was drafted. You have to grin about some of the wild rollercoaster ride and it ain't over till it's over.
Now don't take away all fun with JFF. The circus is half the game. It should get even better to see what town, if any, the circus goes to next and how that plays out there. It's just too damn entertaining to write off just because the circus left town. Just look how stirred up this board has been since he was drafted. You have to grin about some of the wild rollercoaster ride and it ain't over till it's over.
Manziel has been entertainment alright but I would have liked the entertainment much better if he was wearing a Steelers uniform.
-
I heard Jason Cole from Bleacher Report on radio today say he expects the Browns to just cut JM some time between now and two weeks from now and was leaning more towards sooner rather than later
How about we make this ruling here: If and when JFF gets cut...if that is what is to occur....then this thread....and every other single other one that is created that talks about the boy (and he is a boy) be locked.
1 week from today is when we can cut him.
I liked the idea of merging every JM thread we've ever had into one - creating a mega hundred+ page rollercoaster ride of emotions.
1 week from today is when we can cut him.
I liked the idea of merging every JM thread we've ever had into one - creating a mega hundred+ page rollercoaster ride of emotions.
That's my plan, but i want to do it like jellybeans in a jar.
I will merge every thread with the words "Manziel" "Johnny" or "JFF" in the titles and we all take a guess how many pages. No cheating of course.
Here was the first post, adoug had the honors in Sept. 2013:
http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26736&hl=manziel%20johnny
-
1 week from today is when we can cut him.
I liked the idea of merging every JM thread we've ever had into one - creating a mega hundred+ page rollercoaster ride of emotions.
That's my plan, but i want to do it like jellybeans in a jar.
I will merge every thread with the words "Manziel" "Johnny" or "JFF" in the titles and we all take a guess how many pages. No cheating of course.
Here was the first post, adoug had the honors in Sept. 2013:
http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26736&hl=manziel%20johnny
Zombo said:
That's my plan, but i want to do it like jellybeans in a jar.
I will merge every thread with the words "Manziel" "Johnny" or "JFF" in the titles and we all take a guess how many pages. No cheating of course.
Here was the first post, adoug had the honors in Sept. 2013:
http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26736&hl=manziel%20johnny
It's going to take awhile Z- you sure you're up for it?
LOL, and looking at the first thread- here's my comment.
"I hope they were scouting Alabama- Manziel is a punk."
Give an honorable mention to Mark- he was agin' him from the get-go too.
-
Fine....and then shutting it down. Rollercoaster rides do end.
Now don't take away all fun with JFF. The circus is half the game. It should get even better to see what town, if any, the circus goes to next and how that plays out there. It's just too damn entertaining to write off just because the circus left town. Just look how stirred up this board has been since he was drafted. You have to grin about some of the wild rollercoaster ride and it ain't over till it's over.
Now don't take away all fun with JFF. The circus is half the game. It should get even better to see what town, if any, the circus goes to next and how that plays out there. It's just too damn entertaining to write off just because the circus left town. Just look how stirred up this board has been since he was drafted. You have to grin about some of the wild rollercoaster ride and it ain't over till it's over.
You will have some CFL chat board that you can patronize when he's gonzo.
Who is gonna pick this guy up?
-
How about you just don't read the threads that annoy you Gipper?
Its condensed into one thread as it is unlike some other threads that get repeated over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

WSS
-
If he is actually an alcoholic like many people presume, or has actual bipolar mental health problems, then I feel bad for not noticing that from my keyboard, and with no personal connection to him whatsoever. I have known people with both.
What I don't know is how insulting someone with those problems makes some people feel any better about themselves, but that's your prerogative.
Or how he "shit on your favorite organized football team" has any involvement in any type of intelligent conversation about the current issue.
He is a good football player with a bright future if he can overcome his personal problems and his pending release from the Browns.
And then we will move on to the next one. And I won't bring him up, or be bitter about him being gone like the Hoyer, Colt McCoy, et al crowds who have come and gone in this fan base.
-
If he is actually an alcoholic like many people presume, or has actual bipolar mental health problems, then I feel bad for not noticing that from my keyboard, and with no personal connection to him whatsoever. I have known people with both.
What I don't know is how insulting someone with those problems makes some people feel any better about themselves, but that's your prerogative.
Or how he "shit on your favorite organized football team" has any involvement in any type of intelligent conversation about the current issue.
He is a good football player with a bright future if he can overcome his personal problems and his pending release from the Browns.
And then we will move on to the next one. And I won't bring him up, or be bitter about him being gone like the Hoyer, Colt McCoy, et al crowds who have come and gone in this fan base.
He is a good football player with a bright future
Everything else regarding Johnny set aside, ^ this is the heart of the problem for me. I don't think he is good now, and more importantly, I don't think he ever will be......... I see him as nothing more than a Colt McCoy or Charlie Frye, and honestly, I'm being optimistic with those comparisons.
Time will tell, one way or the other.
-
Zombo said:
That's my plan, but i want to do it like jellybeans in a jar.
I will merge every thread with the words "Manziel" "Johnny" or "JFF" in the titles and we all take a guess how many pages. No cheating of course.
Here was the first post, adoug had the honors in Sept. 2013:
http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26736&hl=manziel%20johnny
It's going to take awhile Z- you sure you're up for it?
LOL, and looking at the first thread- here's my comment.
"I hope they were scouting Alabama- Manziel is a punk."
Give an honorable mention to Mark- he was agin' him from the get-go too.
It's going to take awhile Z- you sure you're up for it?
LOL, and looking at the first thread- here's my comment.
"I hope they were scouting Alabama- Manziel is a punk."
Give an honorable mention to Mark- he was agin' him from the get-go too.
Being honest....I did come around on him a little bit after the bowl game that year and the big comeback and I thought it was possible he could bring some attitude that was needed on this team.
All the off field bullshit has completely turned me against him however. 1 week and he will be released and we won't have to talk about him anymore.
-
Hoyers demise last year turned me on to the idea. And then he got his first start.
-
He is a good football player with a bright future
Everything else regarding Johnny set aside, ^ this is the heart of the problem for me. I don't think he is good now, and more importantly, I don't think he ever will be......... I see him as nothing more than a Colt McCoy or Charlie Frye, and honestly, I'm being optimistic with those comparisons.
Time will tell, one way or the other.
Everything else regarding Johnny set aside, ^ this is the heart of the problem for me. I don't think he is good now, and more importantly, I don't think he ever will be......... I see him as nothing more than a Colt McCoy or Charlie Frye, and honestly, I'm being optimistic with those comparisons.
I get his sentiment, I just think Mike's adjectives are misaligned... i.e., "good" players have good futures... stars have bright futures.
If JM gets his act together, then he may well have a good future as a player. It is simply not worth the risk.
-
He is a good football player with a bright future
Everything else regarding Johnny set aside, ^ this is the heart of the problem for me. I don't think he is good now, and more importantly, I don't think he ever will be......... I see him as nothing more than a Colt McCoy or Charlie Frye, and honestly, I'm being optimistic with those comparisons.
Time will tell, one way or the other.
Everything else regarding Johnny set aside, ^ this is the heart of the problem for me. I don't think he is good now, and more importantly, I don't think he ever will be......... I see him as nothing more than a Colt McCoy or Charlie Frye, and honestly, I'm being optimistic with those comparisons.
Time will tell, one way or the other.
Apparently if you have promoted him as a good player all along, you now imply that there must be addiction or mental problems with him in order for your analysis to be wrong.
And shitting on the Browns should not be relevant to Browns fans.
At least not to the intelligent ones.
He's a stellar talent, who are we to judge him?
Z
-
There's a very real difference between having an actual conversation and being a sarcastic asshole on the internet. I have been both. But it's a big difference.
I'm secure enough with myself to admit being wrong -- that JM the person wouldn't interfere with his football career. I underestimated his issues and thought some of them were overblown.
What hasn't changed for me is similar to many people's feelings about him as a person. What those people have seen has reaffirmed their opinion that he was a headcase and would have been better off going elsewhere, other than to the Cleveland Browns.
For me, I saw a good quarterback then, and saw one who was progressing this season and disproving a lot of the criticisms of his ability to play the position.
We might not ever get to find out, and that's fine. There have been plenty of other similar situations where we haven't gotten closure on a player we felt strongly one way or the other about.
As for the "shitting on the Browns" remark I keep seeing... It's a game. A good portion of the players are getting rich and playing a sport. They give zero fucks if they let down Zombo.
-
Now don't take away all fun with JFF. The circus is half the game. It should get even better to see what town, if any, the circus goes to next and how that plays out there. It's just too damn entertaining to write off just because the circus left town. Just look how stirred up this board has been since he was drafted. You have to grin about some of the wild rollercoaster ride and it ain't over till it's over.
You will have some CFL chat board that you can patronize when he's gonzo.
Who is gonna pick this guy up?
You will have some CFL chat board that you can patronize when he's gonzo.
I've gotten used to being a Browns fan. Just because JM leaves does not mean all the drama of trying to become a real football team is gone. This story has a long way to go and I want to be there when it finally makes the turnaround everyone here wants to see. And besides I just love the draft and this one is going to be dynamic for the Browns IMHO. Don't want to miss that either. Then we get an early start because of the new coaching staff. And then there's you clowns. This place has been great fun and a real football education, even for an old guy whose been around a few blocks.
-
There's a very real difference between having an actual conversation and being a sarcastic asshole on the internet. I have been both. But it's a big difference.
I'm secure enough with myself to admit being wrong -- that JM the person wouldn't interfere with his football career. I underestimated his issues and thought some of them were overblown.
What hasn't changed for me is similar to many people's feelings about him as a person. What those people have seen has reaffirmed their opinion that he was a headcase and would have been better off going elsewhere, other than to the Cleveland Browns.
For me, I saw a good quarterback then, and saw one who was progressing this season and disproving a lot of the criticisms of his ability to play the position.
We might not ever get to find out, and that's fine. There have been plenty of other similar situations where we haven't gotten closure on a player we felt strongly one way or the other about.
As for the "shitting on the Browns" remark I keep seeing... It's a game. A good portion of the players are getting rich and playing a sport. They give zero fucks if they let down Zombo.
There's a very real difference between having an actual conversation and being a sarcastic asshole on the internet. I have been both. But it's a big difference.
I'm secure enough with myself to admit being wrong -- that JM the person wouldn't interfere with his football career. I underestimated his issues and thought some of them were overblown.
What hasn't changed for me is similar to many people's feelings about him as a person. What those people have seen has reaffirmed their opinion that he was a headcase and would have been better off going elsewhere, other than to the Cleveland Browns.
For me, I saw a good quarterback then, and saw one who was progressing this season and disproving a lot of the criticisms of his ability to play the position.
We might not ever get to find out, and that's fine. There have been plenty of other similar situations where we haven't gotten closure on a player we felt strongly one way or the other about.
As for the "shitting on the Browns" remark I keep seeing... It's a game. A good portion of the players are getting rich and playing a sport. They give zero fucks if they let down Zombo.
Well,first off, this is a fan board. It's not about what the players think ... it's about what the fans feel.
So if the fans feel shit on ... that is more than relevant.
Secondly, the "shitting on the Browns" is most often used not to illustrate fan's hurt feelings, but the position he has put the organization in.
He took a dump on Jimmy Haslem. Sashi was there. And Hue is not about to let it happen to him. THAT is WHY he's getting released. Not because he was that bad of a player ... but in his two years in the league he has yet to prove to be a good one.
Z
-
C'mon guys Johnny is so talented he is worth all the trouble

-
Any of you guys have an idea why, if in fact you are all absolutely correct, and he's too unreliable to play a professional sport and has no interest in the NFL, why he would want to play Canadian football?
You big time football experts and psychiatrist have an answer for that?
It does look to me as if he doesn't want to be in Cleveland or in the National Football League at all, but I have nothing to go on but bullshit and innuendo and a few stories that probably happened that I don't care about. I think that he likely has more talent than most or all of our quarterbacks over 15 years and I think it's a drag we can't, or won't try to harness that.
And for the second season he did learn your fucking playbook which unfortunately nobody else on the team, even our all pro players, were able to execute properly. And with all the little bullshit penalties why don't you tell me how seriously the rest of these guys took the game?
I don't think that's peculiar at all Z, especially in the light that some of you guys would have taken a flyer on Ray Rice and Michael Vick if you thought they'd improve the team.
And I don't think his list of sins are that bad.
I also don't expect him to be back here next season. That's probably his own fault but it will be for reasons that have nothing to do with making the Cleveland Browns a better team, which would be my goal. Fag or not.
WSS
Any of you guys have an idea why, if in fact you are all absolutely correct, and he's too unreliable to play a professional sport and has no interest in the NFL, why he would want to play Canadian football?
You big time football experts and psychiatrist have an answer for that?
It does look to me as if he doesn't want to be in Cleveland or in the National Football League at all, but I have nothing to go on but bullshit and innuendo and a few stories that probably happened that I don't care about. I think that he likely has more talent than most or all of our quarterbacks over 15 years and I think it's a drag we can't, or won't try to harness that.
And for the second season he did learn your fucking playbook which unfortunately nobody else on the team, even our all pro players, were able to execute properly. And with all the little bullshit penalties why don't you tell me how seriously the rest of these guys took the game?
I don't think that's peculiar at all Z, especially in the light that some of you guys would have taken a flyer on Ray Rice and Michael Vick if you thought they'd improve the team.
And I don't think his list of sins are that bad.
I also don't expect him to be back here next season. That's probably his own fault but it will be for reasons that have nothing to do with making the Cleveland Browns a better team, which would be my goal. Fag or not.
WSS
Still the captain of the S S Manziel, going down with the ship
-
Zombo said:
That's my plan, but i want to do it like jellybeans in a jar.
I will merge every thread with the words "Manziel" "Johnny" or "JFF" in the titles and we all take a guess how many pages. No cheating of course.
Here was the first post, adoug had the honors in Sept. 2013:
http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26736&hl=manziel%20johnny
It's going to take awhile Z- you sure you're up for it?
LOL, and looking at the first thread- here's my comment.
"I hope they were scouting Alabama- Manziel is a punk."
Give an honorable mention to Mark- he was agin' him from the get-go too.
It's going to take awhile Z- you sure you're up for it?
LOL, and looking at the first thread- here's my comment.
"I hope they were scouting Alabama- Manziel is a punk."
didn't auto correct to "drunk".
If he is actually an alcoholic like many people presume, or has actual bipolar mental health problems, then I feel bad for not noticing that from my keyboard, and with no personal connection to him whatsoever. I have known people with both.
What I don't know is how insulting someone with those problems makes some people feel any better about themselves, but that's your prerogative.
Or how he "shit on your favorite organized football team" has any involvement in any type of intelligent conversation about the current issue.
He is a good football player with a bright future if he can overcome his personal problems and his pending release from the Browns.
And then we will move on to the next one. And I won't bring him up, or be bitter about him being gone like the Hoyer, Colt McCoy, et al crowds who have come and gone in this fan base.
Mike, see above. I don't claim to have a functional crystal ball, However, in Manzeil's case, the off- field red flags were so obvious, you would have had to been blind to not see them. & if you go back to look at some of my on field critiques, there was plenty there to not like.
Regarding your second part- I can only quote Bill Bellichick- "I can only go by what I see." Right now, Johnny's future looks like it's being sucked into the Black Hole of oblivion.
FWIW Mike, I could have been a lot nastier- there was a lot of really funny stuff on the # Johnny Free February twitter feed I could have reposted, Like the helicopter "searching for Johnny called off", Or the Johnny Stardust karaoke parody I could have improved on. In charity, I didn't kick this dog while he was down.
So either Manziel is oblivious to his current situation, or he just doesn't give a fuck. Both will turn out badly.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login