Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.3k 1
  • Criminal investigation has begun

    http://dpdbeat.com/2016/02/05/statement-regarding-johnny-manziel-2/

    Statement Regarding Johnny Manziel

    Following yesterday’s release, today the Dallas Police Department received a complaint of a domestic violence assault that occurred in Dallas on January 30, 2016. A criminal investigation into the incident, in which Johnathan Manziel is the listed suspect, has been initiated. Detectives will thoroughly investigate the case to determine what criminal charges, if any, will be filed and victim services will be offered.

    As there are many emotional factors involved, it is not uncommon for a victim of domestic violence to question or delay reporting an assault. This is an on-going investigation and updates will be made as information becomes available.

    Ryan Leaf made an appearance on NFL Live today. Apparently works in the consoling/therapy world now and has been reaching out through JM's people.

    @mike-h said:

    Criminal investigation has begun

    http://dpdbeat.com/2016/02/05/statement-regarding-johnny-manziel-2/

    Completely out of left field, but thought just crossed my mind (which visits left field quite often) that there might be those even closer to JM urging her to press charges to get him in where he can be monitored.

  • Close on the above's heels on the trot to the infield...

    If charges are brought, there could be grounds for termination of the contract saving cap space. But if Haslam is as concerned as it appears in the tweet report, then I doubt he'd go Al Davis on a troubled kid that he seems invested in...

  • Good for her. By not pressing charges outta fear from manziel fans she was hurting not only herself but any future famous people's victimsin the future.

    And as bad as it may sound this may be the event that saves this kids life. The kids friends and family all recognize he needs help but he was hell bent on destruction. Now that the judiciary system is involved he may be forced to at least "try" and help himself.

    It's no secret I've was not a fan of his and correctly predicted his football career. For that I have won but I would never spike the ball when it comes to his personal life. My humanity would be crushed to see any human do harm to himself or others. Chances are almost 100% he will never play football again, and he shouldn't. But if he straightens his life out. I would be a manziel fan if years from now he makes his way back to football THE RIGHT WAY. He is young enough to be one of those rare success stories.

  • Zombo said:

    Well, if this turns into a long-term medical situation, we may be holding on to his rights.

    Z

    OK..... explain how that works.....and what would be done.

    @the-gipper said:

    OK..... explain how that works.....and what would be done.

    Good question. If he had a broken leg and couldn't play we still have to pay him. Of course we might be able to put him on PUP and save a roster spot?

    WSS

  • @westside-steve said:

    Exactly. No matter what kind of demons or what kind of bad behavior no matter how irresponsible he is and no matter what kind of disrespect he showed a football coach is not a reason to accuse him of beating up a chick when there's no evidence of it. As a matter of fact it's kind of fucked up.

    WSS

    Steve come on man , he is a woman beater no doubt even if she is crazy as hell. The judge didn't just issue a 2 year restraining order with no evidence or concern. They specifically stated that there was sufficient evidence family violence occurred.

    @jcam222 said:

    Steve come on man , he is a woman beater no doubt even if she is crazy as hell. The judge didn't just issue a 2 year restraining order with no evidence or concern. They specifically stated that there was sufficient evidence family violence occurred.

    So he will be charged with a crime, right?

    WSS

  • @jcam222 said:

    Steve come on man , he is a woman beater no doubt even if she is crazy as hell. The judge didn't just issue a 2 year restraining order with no evidence or concern. They specifically stated that there was sufficient evidence family violence occurred.

    So he will be charged with a crime, right?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    So he will be charged with a crime, right?

    WSS

    Up to the DA.

    Regardless we can all admit Johnny has some serious problems now.

    If he does get charged with assault or whatever then I think he'll lose a lot of the sympathy he has now.

  • @jcam222 said:

    Steve come on man , he is a woman beater no doubt even if she is crazy as hell. The judge didn't just issue a 2 year restraining order with no evidence or concern. They specifically stated that there was sufficient evidence family violence occurred.

    So he will be charged with a crime, right?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    So he will be charged with a crime, right?

    WSS

    I'm thinking his odds are right up there with Hillary's 😵

  • @bbedward said:

    Also of note, the Browns probably knew about details between him and girlfriend, parents, etc.

    Seemed like they were quick to make a statement that basically said "he's gone" so they could get in front of all of the news before it came out.

    It is entirely possible that she is a bigger drama queen than he is. Again, three different police departments were sic'ed on him by her....and none of them did anything. They obviously have their squabbles, but that does not mean that JFF committed actionable domestive violence.

    But, I am sure that the drama associated with this was just another brick in the wall to seal Johnny's fate.

    I think he is an alcoholic.

    He is certainly a fuckup.

    He is immature.

    He is disrespectful.....of his teammates, coaches, owners, etc.

    He is apparently lazy. He wants the glory but not to do the work it requires

    He also seems addicted to the limelight, to the attention. (HE sought out TMZ, no?)

    He feels he is entitled.

    He is all of this shit.....but he is probably not a serious abuser of women.....at least not yet. It seems this chick got jealous because the gold digger is losing her gold, so she went telling tales. It happens.

    @the-gipper said:

    It is entirely possible that she is a bigger drama queen than he is. Again, three different police departments were sic'ed on him by her....and none of them did anything. They obviously have their squabbles, but that does not mean that JFF committed actionable domestive violence.

    But, I am sure that the drama associated with this was just another brick in the wall to seal Johnny's fate.

    I think he is an alcoholic. check

    He is certainly a fuckup. check

    He is immature. check

    He is disrespectful.....of his teammates, coaches, owners, etc. check

    He is apparently lazy. He wants the glory but not to do the work it requires

    He also seems addicted to the limelight, to the attention. (HE sought out TMZ, no?) check

    He feels he is entitled. check

    He is all of this shit.....but he is probably not a serious abuser of women.....at least not yet. It seems this chick got jealous because the gold digger is losing her gold, so she went telling tales. It happens.

    Regarding the last- we shall see Gip

    Zombo said:

    Ok ... Full Disclosure.

    I think this shit is all my fault.

    I keep reading that Johnny and his girl broke up in December, which led to this drama.

    As many of you know, I was up for the Nov. 30 Browns game against the Ravens, and encountered Johhny and Coleen in the lobby.

    What I didn't tell you ... was that after they checked in and were walking past me, I winked at Colleen.

    Surprisingly ... she winked back. Seemed innocent enough.

    But then as the elevator doors close I heard an aggitated Johny yell "Really??? You winked at that old douchebag???"

    I imagine that is the fight that escalated all this.

    And I apologize.

    Zombo

    --Just for posterity's sake ... She was calm and seemed sober that night ... he could barely walk.

    You saw what you saw Z, just like that lady who saw him slamming shots in a bar on W 25th.

    Zombo said:

    Well, if this turns into a long-term medical situation, we may be holding on to his rights.

    Z

    Possible. I think the Jags still hold the rights to Blackmon.

    @the-gipper said:

    They do not have to have her permission to file charges. Trust me I have been through it.

    They WILL arrest him if they believe they have grounds to do so.....and her opinion does not count for that.

    They can use whatever physical evidence and statements they have.

    IF they believed her statement, they could certainly use that. But they clearly think that statement is unreliable, or false.

    Even if they believed it, they may need her testimony to prove their case, but they can arrest without that.

    (this is what happened with Greg Hardy.....the victim refused to appear for the trial.

    OK Gip- I trust your legalese. Odds Johnny is going to get arrested? I'll go out on a limb and say the odds of the NFL and Sir Rodger suspending him are around 90% +.

    @tour2ma said:

    Ryan Leaf made an appearance on NFL Live today. Apparently works in the consoling/therapy world now and has been reaching out through JM's people.

    Completely out of left field, but thought just crossed my mind (which visits left field quite often) that there might be those even closer to JM urging her to press charges to get him in where he can be monitored.

    Tour- right now I'd say Manziel is more cooked than an overdone Thanksgiving Day turkey.

    @tour2ma said:

    Close on the above's heels on the trot to the infield...

    If charges are brought, there could be grounds for termination of the contract saving cap space. But if Haslam is as concerned as it appears in the tweet report, then I doubt he'd go Al Davis on a troubled kid that he seems invested in...

    Jimmuh- ya needs to be Da Terminator. JFF has already cost himself million$$$, made the Browns yet another NFL joke. Make him go crawling back to pops- for the help he needs.

  • @westside-steve said:

    So he will be charged with a crime, right?

    WSS

    Up to the DA.

    Regardless we can all admit Johnny has some serious problems now.

    If he does get charged with assault or whatever then I think he'll lose a lot of the sympathy he has now.

    @bbedward said:

    Up to the DA.

    Regardless we can all admit Johnny has some serious problems now.

    If he does get charged with assault or whatever then I think he'll lose a lot of the sympathy he has now.

    True.

    WSS

  • Zombo winking at Colleen. Classic. She winks back. Awesome. Johnny gets pissed. Epic.

  • Someone should've given him this advise.

    "stay home less shit happens."

    One Post From the Truth said:

    Someone should've given him this advise.

    "stay home less shit happens."

    Im sure someone did.....many many times, actually....

    @cdl15 said:

    For that I have won but I would never spike the ball when it comes to his personal life.

    What didja win???.......There are no winners here.....The Fans lost, the Browns lost, JM lost, etc etc etc....

    @bbedward said:

    Regardless we can all admit Johnny had some serious problems now.

    Now?.....fify

    One Post From the Truth said:

    Zombo winking at Colleen. Classic. She winks back. Awesome. Johnny gets pissed. Epic.

    Best Johnny story ever!

  • Zombo is a homewrecker.

  • @the-gipper said:

    It is entirely possible that she is a bigger drama queen than he is. Again, three different police departments were sic'ed on him by her....and none of them did anything. They obviously have their squabbles, but that does not mean that JFF committed actionable domestive violence.

    But, I am sure that the drama associated with this was just another brick in the wall to seal Johnny's fate.

    I think he is an alcoholic. check

    He is certainly a fuckup. check

    He is immature. check

    He is disrespectful.....of his teammates, coaches, owners, etc. check

    He is apparently lazy. He wants the glory but not to do the work it requires

    He also seems addicted to the limelight, to the attention. (HE sought out TMZ, no?) check

    He feels he is entitled. check

    He is all of this shit.....but he is probably not a serious abuser of women.....at least not yet. It seems this chick got jealous because the gold digger is losing her gold, so she went telling tales. It happens.

    Regarding the last- we shall see Gip

    Zombo said:

    Ok ... Full Disclosure.

    I think this shit is all my fault.

    I keep reading that Johnny and his girl broke up in December, which led to this drama.

    As many of you know, I was up for the Nov. 30 Browns game against the Ravens, and encountered Johhny and Coleen in the lobby.

    What I didn't tell you ... was that after they checked in and were walking past me, I winked at Colleen.

    Surprisingly ... she winked back. Seemed innocent enough.

    But then as the elevator doors close I heard an aggitated Johny yell "Really??? You winked at that old douchebag???"

    I imagine that is the fight that escalated all this.

    And I apologize.

    Zombo

    --Just for posterity's sake ... She was calm and seemed sober that night ... he could barely walk.

    You saw what you saw Z, just like that lady who saw him slamming shots in a bar on W 25th.

    Zombo said:

    Well, if this turns into a long-term medical situation, we may be holding on to his rights.

    Z

    Possible. I think the Jags still hold the rights to Blackmon.

    @the-gipper said:

    They do not have to have her permission to file charges. Trust me I have been through it.

    They WILL arrest him if they believe they have grounds to do so.....and her opinion does not count for that.

    They can use whatever physical evidence and statements they have.

    IF they believed her statement, they could certainly use that. But they clearly think that statement is unreliable, or false.

    Even if they believed it, they may need her testimony to prove their case, but they can arrest without that.

    (this is what happened with Greg Hardy.....the victim refused to appear for the trial.

    OK Gip- I trust your legalese. Odds Johnny is going to get arrested? I'll go out on a limb and say the odds of the NFL and Sir Rodger suspending him are around 90% +.

    @tour2ma said:

    Ryan Leaf made an appearance on NFL Live today. Apparently works in the consoling/therapy world now and has been reaching out through JM's people.

    Completely out of left field, but thought just crossed my mind (which visits left field quite often) that there might be those even closer to JM urging her to press charges to get him in where he can be monitored.

    Tour- right now I'd say Manziel is more cooked than an overdone Thanksgiving Day turkey.

    @tour2ma said:

    Close on the above's heels on the trot to the infield...

    If charges are brought, there could be grounds for termination of the contract saving cap space. But if Haslam is as concerned as it appears in the tweet report, then I doubt he'd go Al Davis on a troubled kid that he seems invested in...

    Jimmuh- ya needs to be Da Terminator. JFF has already cost himself million$$$, made the Browns yet another NFL joke. Make him go crawling back to pops- for the help he needs.

    @hoorta said:

    Jimmuh- ya needs to be Da Terminator. JFF has already cost himself million$$$, made the Browns yet another NFL joke. Make him go crawling back to pops- for the help he needs.

    To be clear I was referring to:

    - grounds for saving the guaranteed money as well as the non-guaranteed.

    - Jimmah's personal, emotional investment in the kid, not financial.

  • So are we dealing with two different PD's here?

    - Ft. Worth, where Colleen lives and the 911 call was made, closed their investigation.

    - Dallas where everything started, where there was a witness according to her statement has opened an investigation.

    If forced into a car in Dallas, did a kidnapping occur?

  • So are we dealing with two different PD's here?

    - Ft. Worth, where Colleen lives and the 911 call was made, closed their investigation.

    - Dallas where everything started, where there was a witness according to her statement has opened an investigation.

    If forced into a car in Dallas, did a kidnapping occur?

    @tour2ma said:

    So are we dealing with two different PD's here?

    - Ft. Worth, where Colleen lives and the 911 call was made, closed their investigation.

    - Dallas where everything started, where there was a witness according to her statement has opened an investigation.

    If forced into a car in Dallas, did a kidnapping occur?

    My take was the Police were called(not by Colleen) and informed by the caller that an assault may be happening.....when they arrived, Johnny was gone and Colleen was not cooperative.....and, without evidence, they were not able to determine on their own that an assault or crime happened....

    NOW....Colleen has decided to be cooperative....IE...admitting(or stating) that the assault actually did happen and she wants to press charges....and, I think, that means that there will be charges eventually.....

    whether she can prove it in court is another matter.....will be interesting to say the least.....

    She better hope they can find the valet....if they do and he cooperates....uh oh for JM....

  • The statement said something like it's not unusual for victims to delay reporting for emotional reasons. I'm guessing Colleen didn't wanna them to pursue at the time.

  • If what Manziels' girlfriend said was true and she asked the valet for help and he said he didn't know what to do, my question is why didn't he know what to do? If he feared for his own safety couldn't he have called 911 after they left? Or was he concerned about Manziel being a celebrity? What was his reasoning that he had to stand back and do nothing when she asked him for help and said she was fearful for her safety?

    I never agreed with Manziel not getting a breathalyzer test by the police on the incident with his girlfriend where he was driving recklessly, speeding and admitted to drinking earlier. I don't see too many average citizens not getting at least a breathalyzer test under those circumstances. I believe it was just his celebrity status and he got different treatment than the average citizen.

  • The statement said something like it's not unusual for victims to delay reporting for emotional reasons. I'm guessing Colleen didn't wanna them to pursue at the time.

    @bbedward said:

    The statement said something like it's not unusual for victims to delay reporting for emotional reasons. I'm guessing Colleen didn't wanna them to pursue at the time.

    Get all that both Mud and you posted... but I think we are dealing with two different jurisdictions here... Yes?

  • If what Manziels' girlfriend said was true and she asked the valet for help and he said he didn't know what to do, my question is why didn't he know what to do? If he feared for his own safety couldn't he have called 911 after they left? Or was he concerned about Manziel being a celebrity? What was his reasoning that he had to stand back and do nothing when she asked him for help and said she was fearful for her safety?

    I never agreed with Manziel not getting a breathalyzer test by the police on the incident with his girlfriend where he was driving recklessly, speeding and admitted to drinking earlier. I don't see too many average citizens not getting at least a breathalyzer test under those circumstances. I believe it was just his celebrity status and he got different treatment than the average citizen.

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    If what Manziels' girlfriend said was true and she asked the valet for help and he said he didn't know what to do, my question is why didn't he know what to do? If he feared for his own safety couldn't he have called 911 after they left? Or was he concerned about Manziel being a celebrity? What was his reasoning that he had to stand back and do nothing when she asked him for help and said she was fearful for her safety?

    I never agreed with Manziel not getting a breathalyzer test by the police on the incident with his girlfriend where he was driving recklessly, speeding and admitted to drinking earlier. I don't see too many average citizens not getting at least a breathalyzer test under those circumstances. I believe it was just his celebrity status and he got different treatment than the average citizen.

    That could be. But don't you think a police officer could get himself into a world of shit by letting someone go who is completely blotto? And if there was evidence that shed been as severely beaten as she said and the cops turned a blind eye? That sound reasonable or logical?

    PS I have been given a few field sobriety tests but only one breathalyzer.

    WSS