Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.4k 1
  • Zombo said:

    Unless, back in the day, some guy got drafted and got cut in training camp.

    Since there were 30 rounds back in the 50's I'd say TC cuts are a safe bet...

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Since there were 30 rounds back in the 50's I'd say TC cuts are a safe bet...

    Yessir. But we are talking specifically 1st round. And Underwood didn't make it out of camp. Dude flaked one day after signing his contract.

    Zombo

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    Today's the day

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    PoG, pass the potato chips and hand me another beer.

    WSS

  • Zombo said:

    Cleveland can cut Johnny at 4 PM tomorrow.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/03/browns_will_cut_ties_with_john.html

    I think it is done by 4:01 PM.

    Which will make his career as a Brown shorter than Brandon Weeden's, who was cut on March 12th after his second season.

    Johnny still setting records.

    Zombo

    I agree Z, 4:01 tomorrow. For sure a Browns record. Maybe Gip can look up the NFL record for the fastest cut of a first round pick.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    I agree Z, 4:01 tomorrow. For sure a Browns record.

    Was curious so did a little research....and think Craig Powell may have the record....only made it 1/2 way through his second season....and never started a single game.....thanks Bullychick!

    A few other 2 year wonders were Clifford Charlton, Pete Adams & Mike Junkin.....and making things worse, Charlton and Junkin were back to back picks.....

    And, of course, there was Don Rogers.....

    So....Johnny, Weeds, Powell, Charlton, Junkin, Adams and Rogers = 7 first rounders gone in 2 years or less.....turble

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by

    Other glorious moments:

    Trent, #3 overall and traded early in his second season.

    Phil Taylor didn't make it to his second contract.

    Brady Quinn ... 3 years: 3 wins

    Kam Wimbley ... four years and gone

    Jeff Faine ... three years and gone

    William Green, Tommy Vardell, Charles White, William Adams ...

    And that's not even touching these Top o' the Draft heartbreaks who stayed and played, but not like Top ten picks: Tim Couch, Courtney Brown, Gerard Warren, Braylon Edwards ...

    Can we nail one this year?

    Zombo

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    I sure hope so....

    cause the scary part is we havent even mentioned Gilbert, Winslow, Holden, Phipps or Mingo yet....Hahahahahaaaaaa

    (laughing, otherwise I might cry)

  • Other glorious moments:

    Trent, #3 overall and traded early in his second season.

    Phil Taylor didn't make it to his second contract.

    Brady Quinn ... 3 years: 3 wins

    Kam Wimbley ... four years and gone

    Jeff Faine ... three years and gone

    William Green, Tommy Vardell, Charles White, William Adams ...

    And that's not even touching these Top o' the Draft heartbreaks who stayed and played, but not like Top ten picks: Tim Couch, Courtney Brown, Gerard Warren, Braylon Edwards ...

    Can we nail one this year?

    Zombo

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by

    Zombo said:

    Other glorious moments:

    Trent, #3 overall and traded early in his second season.

    Phil Taylor didn't make it to his second contract.

    Brady Quinn ... 3 years: 3 wins

    Kam Wimbley ... four years and gone

    Jeff Faine ... three years and gone

    William Green, Tommy Vardell, Charles White, William Adams ...

    And that's not even touching these Top o' the Draft heartbreaks who stayed and played, but not like Top ten picks: Tim Couch, Courtney Brown, Gerard Warren, Braylon Edwards ...

    Can we nail one this year?

    Zombo

    Missed Weeden, two-and-done, Little, Massequoi, others...

  • Zombo said:

    Other glorious moments:

    Trent, #3 overall and traded early in his second season.

    Phil Taylor didn't make it to his second contract.

    Brady Quinn ... 3 years: 3 wins

    Kam Wimbley ... four years and gone

    Jeff Faine ... three years and gone

    William Green, Tommy Vardell, Charles White, William Adams ...

    And that's not even touching these Top o' the Draft heartbreaks who stayed and played, but not like Top ten picks: Tim Couch, Courtney Brown, Gerard Warren, Braylon Edwards ...

    Can we nail one this year?

    Zombo

    Missed Weeden, two-and-done, Little, Massequoi, others...

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    @gftchris said:

    Missed Weeden, two-and-done, Little, Massequoi, others...

    Ha!....we're talking first round......just havent got the strength to discuss 2nd and later.....🙂

    Though...if I was.....Id start with Ron Brown and Tom Skladany.....

    ....Id almost venture to say out 2nd rounders have outperformed the firsts.....

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    I don't think we'll make another 25 pages...

  • Other glorious moments:

    Trent, #3 overall and traded early in his second season.

    Phil Taylor didn't make it to his second contract.

    Brady Quinn ... 3 years: 3 wins

    Kam Wimbley ... four years and gone

    Jeff Faine ... three years and gone

    William Green, Tommy Vardell, Charles White, William Adams ...

    And that's not even touching these Top o' the Draft heartbreaks who stayed and played, but not like Top ten picks: Tim Couch, Courtney Brown, Gerard Warren, Braylon Edwards ...

    Can we nail one this year?

    Zombo

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    Zombo said:

    Other glorious moments:

    Trent, #3 overall and traded early in his second season.

    Phil Taylor didn't make it to his second contract.

    Brady Quinn ... 3 years: 3 wins

    Kam Wimbley ... four years and gone

    Jeff Faine ... three years and gone

    William Green, Tommy Vardell, Charles White, William Adams ...

    And that's not even touching these Top o' the Draft heartbreaks who stayed and played, but not like Top ten picks: Tim Couch, Courtney Brown, Gerard Warren, Braylon Edwards ...

    Can we nail one this year?

    Zombo

    How far down the draft are we to go? Just first rounders?

    OK, I see, never mind.

    I am going to put some documentation about Browns 1st round busts on another thread of its own.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    If we don't get a quality starter at number two there are going to be some bad feelings.

    WSS

  • Zombo said:

    Other glorious moments:

    Trent, #3 overall and traded early in his second season.

    Phil Taylor didn't make it to his second contract.

    Brady Quinn ... 3 years: 3 wins

    Kam Wimbley ... four years and gone

    Jeff Faine ... three years and gone

    William Green, Tommy Vardell, Charles White, William Adams ...

    And that's not even touching these Top o' the Draft heartbreaks who stayed and played, but not like Top ten picks: Tim Couch, Courtney Brown, Gerard Warren, Braylon Edwards ...

    Can we nail one this year?

    Zombo

    Missed Weeden, two-and-done, Little, Massequoi, others...

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by

    @gftchris said:

    Missed Weeden, two-and-done, Little, Massequoi, others...

    Yes, Weeds was mentioned originally. Sticking to first rounders, but thanks to adding to the pain.

    Zombo

  • I don't think we'll make another 25 pages...

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    I don't think we'll make another 25 pages...

    I'll merge the "drama & dopey thread" and then there will be a whole 'nother thread to merge when we cut him.

    No problemo.

    Soon ... The Big Merge.

    Zombo

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by

    I used to get worried whenever the commentator would say Weeden to Josh Gordon ......

  • @tour2ma said:

    I don't think we'll make another 25 pages...

    I'll merge the "drama & dopey thread" and then there will be a whole 'nother thread to merge when we cut him.

    No problemo.

    Soon ... The Big Merge.

    Zombo

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Zombo said:

    I'll merge the "drama & dopey thread" and then there will be a whole 'nother thread to merge when we cut him.

    No problemo.

    Soon ... The Big Merge.

    Zombo

    Merge the analytics guys in there too. They'd fit right in.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    What is the status of the grand jury investigation....if that is what is going on...into the DV allegations against JFF?

  • What is the status of the grand jury investigation....if that is what is going on...into the DV allegations against JFF?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    What is the status of the grand jury investigation....if that is what is going on...into the DV allegations against JFF?

    It takes months in Dallas to get before a grand jury, especially since it is not a felony charge being asked for and a signed (by JM) protective order is already in place.

  • I don't think we'll make another 25 pages...

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    I don't think we'll make another 25 pages...

    Nope

    Zombo said:

    I'll merge the "drama & dopey thread" and then there will be a whole 'nother thread to merge when we cut him.

    No problemo.

    Soon ... The Big Merge.

    Zombo

    I agree Z. After the big heave-ho, we can start a Johnny Gonzo Thread. Can we start taking opinions on how soon it's going to happen? I say before 5PM today.

  • @tour2ma said:

    I don't think we'll make another 25 pages...

    Nope

    Zombo said:

    I'll merge the "drama & dopey thread" and then there will be a whole 'nother thread to merge when we cut him.

    No problemo.

    Soon ... The Big Merge.

    Zombo

    I agree Z. After the big heave-ho, we can start a Johnny Gonzo Thread. Can we start taking opinions on how soon it's going to happen? I say before 5PM today.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Nope

    I agree Z. After the big heave-ho, we can start a Johnny Gonzo Thread. Can we start taking opinions on how soon it's going to happen? I say before 5PM today.

    Can we have a 1 day Sayonara Sucker party for JFF....then a moratorium on him after that?

  • @hoorta said:

    Nope

    I agree Z. After the big heave-ho, we can start a Johnny Gonzo Thread. Can we start taking opinions on how soon it's going to happen? I say before 5PM today.

    Can we have a 1 day Sayonara Sucker party for JFF....then a moratorium on him after that?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    ....then a moratorium on him after that?

    Good idea, but doomed to fail...

    Someday he'll do something great again, like complete a pass, and the "told-you-so's" will come a runnin'...