Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
JFF's only obstacle to becoming the Browns QB leader is a player who has thrown 192 passes in his five year NFL career; is coming off a serious as cancer injury but whose "play has
been better" in ota/mini. If he has half the abilities touted by his supporters, camp will be a slam dunk for him and he'll be making his debut in Heinz cow pasture September 7. If he can
help/lead the Browns to 2 wins by the time the squeelers come to town.......he will be Cleveland's new cock-of-the-walk.
@everlastingxxx said:
I agree that a year holding the clipboard would be better for him...but i think he is a little unique and there is a down side to it. The problem with Manziel sitting is that he freaks out when he has nothing to do. The guy is so competitive that when he has no outlet he starts to do dumb shit...ok dumber shit. Example: look at his red-shirted freshman year.
You mean the year he sat out before he won the Heisman?
If he has half the abilities touted by his supporters, camp will be a slam dunk for him and he'll be making his debut in Heinz cow pasture September 7. If he can help/lead the Browns to 2 wins by the time the squeelers come to town.......he will be Cleveland's new cock-of-the-walk.
I prefer sticking with Hoyer as long as he does not lose games, but fair enough.
Well, back to the topic. Would it surprise you that JFF's name came up as one of the fastest players on the team as mentioned by teammates"?
Must be the Heisman mystique...

-
13c. Archie Manning
13 e. Probably medical center - although it is in Hill Country so may be connected with tourism. I looked it up on Wikipedia and nothing listed as #1, just a number of employers.
13c. Archie Manning
13 e. Probably medical center - although it is in Hill Country so may be connected with tourism. I looked it up on Wikipedia and nothing listed as #1, just a number of employers.
Check on Archie.
-
2. QB ranked # 14 with 244 career TDs? Hint: Played for the team that Steve McQueen was chasing in Bullit.
Hadl? Was thinking of him before, but did not think he played long enough... then again there was the Sid Gilman factor.
4. Only Johnny in Top 20 in career Ints. Hint: When he played during his recently inducted HOF career, he was usually packing. Sample? Only DB named Johnny that finally came to mind...
10. Name the one DL named John that is in the HOF. Hint: Played mostly for the team that Ragnar Lothbrok would have played for. Is Randall in the HOF?
-
2. QB ranked # 14 with 244 career TDs? Hint: Played for the team that Steve McQueen was chasing in Bullit.
Hadl? Was thinking of him before, but did not think he played long enough... then again there was the Sid Gilman factor.
4. Only Johnny in Top 20 in career Ints. Hint: When he played during his recently inducted HOF career, he was usually packing. Sample? Only DB named Johnny that finally came to mind...
10. Name the one DL named John that is in the HOF. Hint: Played mostly for the team that Ragnar Lothbrok would have played for. Is Randall in the HOF?
2. QB ranked # 14 with 244 career TDs? Hint: Played for the team that Steve McQueen was chasing in Bullit.
Hadl? Was thinking of him before, but did not think he played long enough... then again there was the Sid Gilman factor.
Check on Hadl....and he did have a fairly long career
4. Only Johnny in Top 20 in career Ints. Hint: When he played during his recently inducted HOF career, he was usually packing. Sample? Only DB named Johnny that finally came to mind... NO
10. Name the one DL named John that is in the HOF. Hint: Played mostly for the team that Ragnar Lothbrok would have played for. Is Randall in the HOF? He is, check
-
Hospitality/tourism. Kerrville is a hotspot for affluent retirees.
-
Hospitality/tourism. Kerrville is a hotspot for affluent retirees.
Hospitality/tourism. Kerrville is a hotspot for affluent retirees.
I suspect my question was a little too narrow.
-
Maybe so.
-
Well, back to the topic. Would it surprise you that JFF's name came up as one of the fastest players on the team as mentioned by teammates"?
This from Kevin Jones' article wrapping up minicamp:
- We quizzed a bunch of different Browns’ players on who they think is the fastest player on the roster – that fun video will be coming soon. The answers varied between six different people, a fantastic problem to have. The most common names: Andrew Hawkins
, Anthony Armstrong, Buster Skrine
, Johnny Manziel
andJosh Gordon
.
Well, back to the topic. Would it surprise you that JFF's name came up as one of the fastest players on the team as mentioned by teammates"?
This from Kevin Jones' article wrapping up minicamp:
- We quizzed a bunch of different Browns’ players on who they think is the fastest player on the roster – that fun video will be coming soon. The answers varied between six different people, a fantastic problem to have. The most common names: Andrew Hawkins
, Anthony Armstrong, Buster Skrine
, Johnny Manziel
andJosh Gordon
.
yeah saw that yesterday. think z posted it.
pretty impressive and yes it did surprise me. last year before his injury t. benjamin was the fastest by far.
There's track speed and game speed. MHO is Manziel is more quick than fast. FWIW, I don't think I've seen Gordon get caught from behind yet once he gets a head of steam up.
Finally, regarding speed- it was one of the primary reasons I was really hesitant about Trent Richardson's ability to cut it in the pros. There were plenty of clips of him getting caught from behind in college- you never saw that happen with guys like Adrian Peterson, Ladanian Tomlinson, and Barry Sanders.
- We quizzed a bunch of different Browns’ players on who they think is the fastest player on the roster – that fun video will be coming soon. The answers varied between six different people, a fantastic problem to have. The most common names: Andrew Hawkins
-
TRANSLATION: "Nice kid, nothing personal, fun to watch in college, really good college player, not an NFL starting QB."
-
And heres My latest...a knock off strat I frankensteined also...Witch incidentally is now My #1 axe.
Since you're talking guitars, if I ever hit the lottery, I want to get a white Strat- after my hero Jimi Hendrix. Like Hendrix, I play left handed (badly). However, Mr. Stubby fingers can't reach the last couple of frets- Jimi had freakishly long fingers. FWIW I have an old Gretch double cutaway that I haven't picked up in a real long time.
-
TRANSLATION: "Nice kid, nothing personal, fun to watch in college, really good college player, not an NFL starting QB."
TRANSLATION: "Nice kid, nothing personal, fun to watch in college, really good college player, not an NFL starting QB."
They may be doing what some Browns fans suggested in the past draft- build the team, and draft the franchise qb last. The Texans should have a good enough defense that it will keep them in a lot of games.
-
Anyone that says "axe" covers Joe Satriani songs.
Yes,Ive learned a couple of satch tunes and took some licks...But My main influences were Jimi,Michael Schenker,Jef Beck, SRV, Al Di Meola,Michael Landau and Steve Lukather.and then anyone else you could think off...
-
Man I didn't realize this site was housed in Parma with all the male genitalia references. I'm surprised there wasn't an uproar that we didn't draft Sam. It's 2014 it's a good time to come out of the closet. I won't judge. I can't tell if this a Cleveland Browns football site that has a few gays, or a gay website that occasionally talks Cleveland Browns Football. Are there any threads that don't devolve into a sausage fest? Do I have to wait until the season starts?
-
Man I didn't realize this site was housed in Parma with all the male genitalia references. I'm surprised there wasn't an uproar that we didn't draft Sam. It's 2014 it's a good time to come out of the closet. I won't judge. I can't tell if this a Cleveland Browns football site that has a few gays, or a gay website that occasionally talks Cleveland Browns Football. Are there any threads that don't devolve into a sausage fest? Do I have to wait until the season starts?
Man I didn't realize this site was housed in Parma with all the male genitalia references. I'm surprised there wasn't an uproar that we didn't draft Sam. It's 2014 it's a good time to come out of the closet. I won't judge. I can't tell if this a Cleveland Browns football site that has a few gays, or a gay website that occasionally talks Cleveland Browns Football. Are there any threads that don't devolve into a sausage fest? Do I have to wait until the season starts?
If you're on an internet forum about an NFL football team looking for girls...you've fucked up.
-
Man I didn't realize this site was housed in Parma with all the male genitalia references. I'm surprised there wasn't an uproar that we didn't draft Sam. It's 2014 it's a good time to come out of the closet. I won't judge. I can't tell if this a Cleveland Browns football site that has a few gays, or a gay website that occasionally talks Cleveland Browns Football. Are there any threads that don't devolve into a sausage fest? Do I have to wait until the season starts?
If you're on an internet forum about an NFL football team looking for girls...you've fucked up.
If you're on an internet forum about an NFL football team looking for girls...you've fucked up.
Just looking for intelligence.
Just hate wading through a gay orgy to find it.
-
If you're on an internet forum about an NFL football team looking for girls...you've fucked up.
Just looking for intelligence.
Just hate wading through a gay orgy to find it.
-
So gay people aren't intelligent?
Not when every other word is a dick reference.
-
So gay people aren't intelligent?
Not when every other word is a dick reference.
-
So a gay professor isn't allowed to sandwich his genius thoughts in between a serious of penis references?
So which do you prefer?
-
So a gay professor isn't allowed to sandwich his genius thoughts in between a serious of penis references?
So which do you prefer?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login