Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • @tour2ma said:

    Is "strong-arming" a "touch-pass" is not nearly as oxymoronic as it seems at first blush?

    Yeah, it does seem a bit oxymoronic.

    To clear up what I mean, I don't mean he was trying to put strength behind the pass, I mean that he was purely using all arm and nothing else.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Yeah, it does seem a bit oxymoronic.

    To clear up what I mean, I don't mean he was trying to put strength behind the pass, I mean that he was purely using all arm and nothing else.

    Got ya...

    I was clearing up what seemed on the surface to be a disagreement between what we were seeing... Not that that would be a bad thing... or a first... 🙂

  • idk if any of you guys realize this but hoyer is garbage. He is weeden-esque and its going to show come sunday. Weeden would've won those games that brian won

  • Johnny?? Is that you? Oh, my bad, you're just an idiot.

  • idk if any of you guys realize this but hoyer is garbage. He is weeden-esque and its going to show come sunday. Weeden would've won those games that brian won

    @brownsfanatic said:

    idk if any of you guys realize this but hoyer is garbage. He is weeden-esque and its going to show come sunday. Weeden would've won those games that brian won

    The difference between Hoyer and Wheezy is only slightly less than the difference between yours and an intelligent post...

  • Are we not supposed to see Johnny tackling dummy when rg3 throws?

  • I think thats part of the humor.

  • LOL-you can see the real JM just stepping out from behind the guy with the red, white & blue shirt on the right.

  • Movie magic do you really think Manziel would stand there and let RG3 throw a ball 30 mph at his face?, I doubt we see the dummy in the actual commercial.

  • They tried it with the roles reversed at first, but Johnny kept missing the apple.

  • Johnny?? Is that you? Oh, my bad, you're just an idiot.

    @d-bone said:

    Johnny?? Is that you? Oh, my bad, you're just an idiot.

    Ignore that hoyer is perfectly capable of throwing 3 picks vs the vikings, but gets all the credit for the win

  • @d-bone said:

    Johnny?? Is that you? Oh, my bad, you're just an idiot.

    Ignore that hoyer is perfectly capable of throwing 3 picks vs the vikings, but gets all the credit for the win

    @brownsfanatic said:

    Ignore that hoyer is perfectly capable of throwing 3 picks vs the vikings, but gets all the credit for the win

    I'm pretty sure none of those picks were thrown underhand.

  • @d-bone said:

    Johnny?? Is that you? Oh, my bad, you're just an idiot.

    Ignore that hoyer is perfectly capable of throwing 3 picks vs the vikings, but gets all the credit for the win

    @brownsfanatic said:

    Ignore that hoyer is perfectly capable of throwing 3 picks vs the vikings, but gets all the credit for the win

    That would make him just like Brett Favre.....3 picks and the WIN.....

  • @brownsfanatic said:

    Ignore that hoyer is perfectly capable of throwing 3 picks vs the vikings, but gets all the credit for the win

    I'm pretty sure none of those picks were thrown underhand.

    @canton-dawg said:

    I'm pretty sure none of those picks were thrown underhand.

    This right here. As someone who didn't like Weedon but thought that not all of those losses were on Weeds...cause that line last year was one of the worst I've seen from the browns since 99...weedon's unprecedented streak of underhand throws even AFTER the Lions game precludes any discussion of parity between him and Hoyer. People don't realize that Weeds tried that underhand at least 2 more times after the Lions game but didn't result in int's....or completions for that matter.

  • idk if any of you guys realize this but hoyer is garbage. He is weeden-esque and its going to show come sunday. Weeden would've won those games that brian won

    @brownsfanatic said:

    idk if any of you guys realize this but hoyer is garbage. He is weeden-esque and its going to show come sunday. Weeden would've won those games that brian won

    Hoyer has managed to hang around the NFL for 6 seasons, something I'm pretty sure Wee-done won't. As others have pointed out- Brian hasn't tried any underhand flips yet. BTW, Hoyer reads a defense 10X better, and gets rid of the ball 5X faster than old Brandon. If Romo gets hurt and Weeden has to start for the Cowboys, it's going to be damn hilarious.

    @brownsfanatic said:

    Ignore that hoyer is perfectly capable of throwing 3 picks vs the vikings, but gets all the credit for the win

    Yeah, because of that game winning 4th quarter drive.

  • @brownsfanatic said:

    idk if any of you guys realize this but hoyer is garbage. He is weeden-esque and its going to show come sunday. Weeden would've won those games that brian won

    Hoyer has managed to hang around the NFL for 6 seasons, something I'm pretty sure Wee-done won't. As others have pointed out- Brian hasn't tried any underhand flips yet. BTW, Hoyer reads a defense 10X better, and gets rid of the ball 5X faster than old Brandon. If Romo gets hurt and Weeden has to start for the Cowboys, it's going to be damn hilarious.

    @brownsfanatic said:

    Ignore that hoyer is perfectly capable of throwing 3 picks vs the vikings, but gets all the credit for the win

    Yeah, because of that game winning 4th quarter drive.

    @hoorta said:

    Yeah, because of that game winning 4th quarter drive.

    You mean the one that ended up with a 7 yard TD pass to Cam with 0:51 left?

    I just want to be sure I am not confusing it with the other two drives that ended with him throwing TD passes...

  • @canton-dawg said:

    I'm pretty sure none of those picks were thrown underhand.

    This right here. As someone who didn't like Weedon but thought that not all of those losses were on Weeds...cause that line last year was one of the worst I've seen from the browns since 99...weedon's unprecedented streak of underhand throws even AFTER the Lions game precludes any discussion of parity between him and Hoyer. People don't realize that Weeds tried that underhand at least 2 more times after the Lions game but didn't result in int's....or completions for that matter.

    @clevfan4life said:

    This right here. As someone who didn't like Weedon but thought that not all of those losses were on Weeds...cause that line last year was one of the worst I've seen from the browns since 99...weedon's unprecedented streak of underhand throws even AFTER the Lions game precludes any discussion of parity between him and Hoyer. People don't realize that Weeds tried that underhand at least 2 more times after the Lions game but didn't result in int's....or completions for that matter.

    You DO realize that Hoyer & Weedone played behind the same Oline last year?

    The attempted underhand throws netted Weedone an interception and "0" completions, and you're wondering why this technique isn't more widely adopted by other NFL QB's?

  • @clevfan4life said:

    This right here. As someone who didn't like Weedon but thought that not all of those losses were on Weeds...cause that line last year was one of the worst I've seen from the browns since 99...weedon's unprecedented streak of underhand throws even AFTER the Lions game precludes any discussion of parity between him and Hoyer. People don't realize that Weeds tried that underhand at least 2 more times after the Lions game but didn't result in int's....or completions for that matter.

    You DO realize that Hoyer & Weedone played behind the same Oline last year?

    The attempted underhand throws netted Weedone an interception and "0" completions, and you're wondering why this technique isn't more widely adopted by other NFL QB's?

    @canton-dawg said:

    You DO realize that Hoyer & Weedone played behind the same Oline last year?

    Yes, Hoyer could manage that because he could actually read defense's and call plays that enabled him to get the ball out quick. He's the kind of qb that can look good taking a few steps, weedon isn't capable of that. That being said there are obviously throws that weedon is technically capable of making that Hoyer isn't if he's given the time to plant and throw after a 4 or more step drop. Something our line was incapable of giving him last year.

    The attempted underhand throws netted Weedone an interception and "0" completions, and you're wondering why this technique isn't more widely adopted by other NFL QB's?

    I'm not wondering that at all. I brought them up to highlight why Weedon isn't here anymore nor will do much anywhere else....because I can't think of a single qb that would repeat such a pass thinking I'll show these fans, this time it'll work. Which is exactly why I think Weedon tried it not once more not twice more but 3 times after. That's why there's no comparison to him and Hoyer and the above poster who made it....is on drugs.

  • Jerry is really pissed off they didn't get Manziel.

    Could The Dallas Cowboys be this years Indianapolis Colts and try to trade for Manziel if things go sour with Romo? I'm being dead serious. I could see Jerry going after Manziel big time.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000387284/article/jerry-jones-damn-mad-about-missing-johnny-manziel?campaign=Facebook_atl_wesseling

  • Just wait till the 119.5Mil$$ QB goes down with another back injury. You think he's mad now? 😡 Just wait. It's more likely than not. 😁