Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.4k 1
  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    my bet was he doesn't throw at the combine.

    any six pack of fine beer.

    period.

    he won't because he doesn't have the balls.

  • Im willing to bet Manziel has the best career of any QB prospect in this draft.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Im willing to bet Manziel has the best career of any QB prospect in this draft.

    in what period of time before he gets pummeled? his first year starting? second?

    let's get specific now.

  • Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by

    I thought I was specific. For the duration of any of the available QBs careers. I know its almost impossible to bet on but that's my opinion.

  • my bet was he doesn't throw at the combine.

    any six pack of fine beer.

    period.

    he won't because he doesn't have the balls.

    C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by

    @miktoxic said:

    my bet was he doesn't throw at the combine.

    any six pack of fine beer.

    period.

    he won't because he doesn't have the balls.

    His agent already said he wouldn't, do you have the balls to make a bet thats not already predetermined.

  • J J0hnnybg00d wrote on last edited by J0hnnybg00d

    No combine for Johnny Streetball and a couple others whining cause they don't have their security blanket receivers.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000325982/article/johnny-manziel-will-not-throw-at-combine-agent-says

    well no throwing i mean

  • I have watched a lot more Manziel footage. Has happy feet, doesn't read defenses well, lobs passes up and hopes that his receivers bail him out (Evans did that quite a lot). Will he develop into a good QB? Anything is possible. Right now he is not worth a top 10 pick. He won't be able to use his athleticism to save him from a bad read in the pros. Vick was a better athlete and still got smashed.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    @logicisforsquares said:

    I have watched a lot more Manziel footage. Has happy feet, doesn't read defenses well, lobs passes up and hopes that his receivers bail him out (Evans did that quite a lot). Will he develop into a good QB? Anything is possible. Right now he is not worth a top 10 pick. He won't be able to use his athleticism to save him from a bad read in the pros. Vick was a better athlete and still got smashed.

    I totally agree

  • my bet was he doesn't throw at the combine.

    any six pack of fine beer.

    period.

    he won't because he doesn't have the balls.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @miktoxic said:

    my bet was he doesn't throw at the combine.

    any six pack of fine beer.

    period.

    he won't because he doesn't have the balls.

    He's already said he won't.

  • @miktoxic said:

    my bet was he doesn't throw at the combine.

    any six pack of fine beer.

    period.

    he won't because he doesn't have the balls.

    His agent already said he wouldn't, do you have the balls to make a bet thats not already predetermined.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    His agent already said he wouldn't, do you have the balls to make a bet thats not already predetermined.

    Umm I do. I will bet you that Manziel is not drafted by Cleveland OR if he is he posts are record under .500 year 1

  • @clevelandmilidh said:

    His agent already said he wouldn't, do you have the balls to make a bet thats not already predetermined.

    Umm I do. I will bet you that Manziel is not drafted by Cleveland OR if he is he posts are record under .500 year 1

    C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

    Umm I do. I will bet you that Manziel is not drafted by Cleveland OR if he is he posts are record under .500 year 1

    LOL I'll bet you Johnny Manziel has more wins than any other QB drafted

  • @mike-h said:

    I'll bet you 100$ he doesn't throw at the combine.

    hey! you can't over-reach on the same bet.........that's like bizarro world or some shit.

    so when carr or fales or garroppolo (sp?) do throw and shine like a crazy diamond, what does that do to the draft value of the top 3?

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @miktoxic said:

    hey! you can't over-reach on the same bet.........that's like bizarro world or some shit.

    so when carr or fales or garroppolo (sp?) do throw and shine like a crazy diamond, what does that do to the draft value of the top 3?

    It does nothing to the value of the top 3. They're the top 3 for a reason.

    A strong Combine performance will certainly boost the stock of the "undesirables", as I like to call them, but it won't do anything to affect Bridgewater, Bortles or Manziel.

    Fales, Garopollo and Carr could be perfect in the Combine, but it doesn't change the fact that they played against bottom barrel talent for the entirety of their careers. It also won't change the fact that Carr's numbers were the product of a system offense that has never had any sort of success in the NFL, or that Fales and Garopollo lack elite arm strength.

    Each has their own advantages. For Carr, it's his physical attributes. For Garopollo, it's his quick release. For Fales, it's his ball placement and anticipation throws. But they've yet to do anything on a big stage, and the NFL Draft history books are full of smaller name quarterbacks with a few great qualities that did nothing with their careers.

    A good Combine performance will certainly improve their stock. We might even see Garopollo pull a Ponder and crack the first round. But to think that it will, in any way, ruin the stock of the Big 3 is just absurd.

  • C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by CLEVELandMILIDH

    Just for shits and giggles everybody watch Manziels last College football game and count how many times he gets "happy feet" against a phantom pass rush and mark down the time it happens in the video then mark down every time he stands in the pocket and makes his reads. I'm interested in what your seeing.

  • @miktoxic said:

    hey! you can't over-reach on the same bet.........that's like bizarro world or some shit.

    so when carr or fales or garroppolo (sp?) do throw and shine like a crazy diamond, what does that do to the draft value of the top 3?

    It does nothing to the value of the top 3. They're the top 3 for a reason.

    A strong Combine performance will certainly boost the stock of the "undesirables", as I like to call them, but it won't do anything to affect Bridgewater, Bortles or Manziel.

    Fales, Garopollo and Carr could be perfect in the Combine, but it doesn't change the fact that they played against bottom barrel talent for the entirety of their careers. It also won't change the fact that Carr's numbers were the product of a system offense that has never had any sort of success in the NFL, or that Fales and Garopollo lack elite arm strength.

    Each has their own advantages. For Carr, it's his physical attributes. For Garopollo, it's his quick release. For Fales, it's his ball placement and anticipation throws. But they've yet to do anything on a big stage, and the NFL Draft history books are full of smaller name quarterbacks with a few great qualities that did nothing with their careers.

    A good Combine performance will certainly improve their stock. We might even see Garopollo pull a Ponder and crack the first round. But to think that it will, in any way, ruin the stock of the Big 3 is just absurd.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by jcam222

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    It does nothing to the value of the top 3. They're the top 3 for a reason.

    A strong Combine performance will certainly boost the stock of the "undesirables", as I like to call them, but it won't do anything to affect Bridgewater, Bortles or Manziel.

    Fales, Garopollo and Carr could be perfect in the Combine, but it doesn't change the fact that they played against bottom barrel talent for the entirety of their careers. It also won't change the fact that Carr's numbers were the product of a system offense that has never had any sort of success in the NFL, or that Fales and Garopollo lack elite arm strength.

    Each has their own advantages. For Carr, it's his physical attributes. For Garopollo, it's his quick release. For Fales, it's his ball placement and anticipation throws. But they've yet to do anything on a big stage, and the NFL Draft history books are full of smaller name quarterbacks with a few great qualities that did nothing with their careers.

    A good Combine performance will certainly improve their stock. We might even see Garopollo pull a Ponder and crack the first round. But to think that it will, in any way, ruin the stock of the Big 3 is just absurd.

    All fair points TCPO. The only thing I would say as a counter however is that the NFL history books are also pretty full of big name high draft guys that were also busts. At the end of the day its part science and part luck I think. From 1990 forward major first round (mostly high first round) disappointments include:

    Mark Sanchez, Jamarcus Russel, Vince Young , Matt Leinart, Byron Leftwich, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Cade McNown, Ryan Leaf, Heath Shuler, Rick Mirer, David Klingler, Andre Ware.

    I know that's not a huge list spanning 24 years but it does indicate that things aren't always as good as they look,Lets hope this year we get it right wherever we decide to take one.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    yeah well:

  • yeah well:

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @miktoxic said:

    yeah well:

    I know in reality you really love Johnny Football. I remember my brothers ex girlfriend. She used to say she hated the guy next door. She ended up marrying him. Just saying.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    It does nothing to the value of the top 3. They're the top 3 for a reason.

    A strong Combine performance will certainly boost the stock of the "undesirables", as I like to call them, but it won't do anything to affect Bridgewater, Bortles or Manziel.

    Fales, Garopollo and Carr could be perfect in the Combine, but it doesn't change the fact that they played against bottom barrel talent for the entirety of their careers. It also won't change the fact that Carr's numbers were the product of a system offense that has never had any sort of success in the NFL, or that Fales and Garopollo lack elite arm strength.

    Each has their own advantages. For Carr, it's his physical attributes. For Garopollo, it's his quick release. For Fales, it's his ball placement and anticipation throws. But they've yet to do anything on a big stage, and the NFL Draft history books are full of smaller name quarterbacks with a few great qualities that did nothing with their careers.

    A good Combine performance will certainly improve their stock. We might even see Garopollo pull a Ponder and crack the first round. But to think that it will, in any way, ruin the stock of the Big 3 is just absurd.

    All fair points TCPO. The only thing I would say as a counter however is that the NFL history books are also pretty full of big name high draft guys that were also busts. At the end of the day its part science and part luck I think. From 1990 forward major first round (mostly high first round) disappointments include:

    Mark Sanchez, Jamarcus Russel, Vince Young , Matt Leinart, Byron Leftwich, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Cade McNown, Ryan Leaf, Heath Shuler, Rick Mirer, David Klingler, Andre Ware.

    I know that's not a huge list spanning 24 years but it does indicate that things aren't always as good as they look,Lets hope this year we get it right wherever we decide to take one.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

    All fair points TCPO. The only thing I would say as a counter however is that the NFL history books are also pretty full of big name high draft guys that were also busts. At the end of the day its part science and part luck I think. From 1990 forward major first round (mostly high first round) disappointments include:

    Mark Sanchez, Jamarcus Russel, Vince Young , Matt Leinart, Byron Leftwich, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Cade McNown, Ryan Leaf, Heath Shuler, Rick Mirer, David Klingler, Andre Ware.

    I know that's not a huge list spanning 24 years but it does indicate that things aren't always as good as they look,Lets hope this year we get it right wherever we decide to take one.

    That's a fair point, but I'd make the claim that the big name bust list is nowhere near the list of mid round small school prospect bust list.

    Big name prospects from big name programs can be just as bad as someone from anywhere else, I agree. But in a game of odds such as drafting, taking a guy who's routinely made plays against better competition is just a higher percentage play.

    In the end, however, it comes down to scheme fit.

  • @jcam222 said:

    All fair points TCPO. The only thing I would say as a counter however is that the NFL history books are also pretty full of big name high draft guys that were also busts. At the end of the day its part science and part luck I think. From 1990 forward major first round (mostly high first round) disappointments include:

    Mark Sanchez, Jamarcus Russel, Vince Young , Matt Leinart, Byron Leftwich, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Cade McNown, Ryan Leaf, Heath Shuler, Rick Mirer, David Klingler, Andre Ware.

    I know that's not a huge list spanning 24 years but it does indicate that things aren't always as good as they look,Lets hope this year we get it right wherever we decide to take one.

    That's a fair point, but I'd make the claim that the big name bust list is nowhere near the list of mid round small school prospect bust list.

    Big name prospects from big name programs can be just as bad as someone from anywhere else, I agree. But in a game of odds such as drafting, taking a guy who's routinely made plays against better competition is just a higher percentage play.

    In the end, however, it comes down to scheme fit.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    That's a fair point, but I'd make the claim that the big name bust list is nowhere near the list of mid round small school prospect bust list.

    Big name prospects from big name programs can be just as bad as someone from anywhere else, I agree. But in a game of odds such as drafting, taking a guy who's routinely made plays against better competition is just a higher percentage play.

    In the end, however, it comes down to scheme fit.

    And in Manziels case, its gonna take a coach almost inventing a new scheme just for him.
  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    That's a fair point, but I'd make the claim that the big name bust list is nowhere near the list of mid round small school prospect bust list.

    Big name prospects from big name programs can be just as bad as someone from anywhere else, I agree. But in a game of odds such as drafting, taking a guy who's routinely made plays against better competition is just a higher percentage play.

    In the end, however, it comes down to scheme fit.

    And in Manziels case, its gonna take a coach almost inventing a new scheme just for him.
    runyon27R runyon27 wrote on last edited by

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    And in Manziels case, its gonna take a coach almost inventing a new scheme just for him.

    I think that can be overblown, whoever the QB is going to be you are going to have to adjust your scheme to take advantage of what that guy does best.

  • C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by

    @mike-h said:

    Crickets.

    Also count how many times he gets a pre-snap adjustment from the sidelines, since Albright knocked him for that. I didn't see once.

    Still don't like how he "Fades away" unnecessarily like Michael Jordan on some of his passes.

    Nobody wants to play

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    @walterwhite said:

    The people who hate Johnny Manziel will be the first assholes to buy his jersey when he turns into a mega star.

    You might need a little more of your blue ice to stabilize Walter. Most people don't "hate" Johnny Manziel. Some of us do question whether his skill set will translate well to the NFL.Most of us just hope we get this draft right. I just might buy a Manziel jersey if he comes to Cleveland and shows he can compete in the NFL. On the other hand if he comes and flops are you going to buy a "I'm a loudmouth douchebag" Tshirt? I think Mik could hook you up.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    I'd love to know why a new scheme has to be invented for Manziel. Please elaborate. Why is he incapable of running a WCO? Why is he incapable of running an Air Coryell influenced vertical attack. Why is he incapable of running an Erhardt-Perkins spread?