Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • @jrb12711 said:

    Not a wild statement here, but I'm hopeful Manziel shines the brightest and starts week 1. We know the ceiling with McCown and it's all but likely 6-10, 7-9. Manziel is still IMO a boom or bust dude, but with the depth on next year's QB class i'd rather be picking top 5 instead of 12, 13.

    Of course, I'd love the most to be drafting 32.

    i'm not going to get into a mccown vs. manziel debate but i doubt if you can clearly say mccown has a ceiling.

    he played good in chicago with a running game and a great #1 WR and absolutely no defense. now put our defense on that team and all of a sudden mccown's ceiling is raised 4-5 games.

    i really doubt that manziel, even with his 'alcohol addiction' (lol) under control, that he'll put up much of a fight in another so-called QB competition.

    btw can you just name the frickin starting QB instead of having this loom over TC AGAIN? now all the little fanboys will come back everytime manziel throws a 30 yarder in practice vs. the 2nd string defense.

    can't wait.......

    @miktoxic said:

    i'm not going to get into a mccown vs. manziel debate but i doubt if you can clearly say mccown has a ceiling.

    he played good in chicago with a running game and a great #1 WR and absolutely no defense. now put our defense on that team and all of a sudden mccown's ceiling is raised 4-5 games.

    i really doubt that manziel, even with his 'alcohol addiction' (lol) under control, that he'll put up much of a fight in another so-called QB competition.

    btw can you just name the frickin starting QB instead of having this loom over TC AGAIN? now all the little fanboys will come back everytime manziel throws a 30 yarder in practice vs. the 2nd string defense.

    can't wait.......

    yeah, no reason to get into the same old convo but I think McCown with however many years he's got in the league is who he is. I totally agree though, I'd rather McCown be named the starter then go through the coin flip back and forth of a QB battle again.

  • Really thought that was your Hat ,Mud. Could it be your memory is slipping..

  • I personally wish we could trade Manziel.. I see him as nothing but a major distraction to this team. And that is weather or not he succeeds or not as a QB.. I think its a distraction this team does not need.. I personally hope he falls flat on his head and we dump him,. I want a pocket passer.. That's where the game is won.... Think about it.. Randall Cunningham, Michael Vick and Donovan 'choke' McNabb have netted 0 championships.

  • I personally wish we could trade Manziel.. I see him as nothing but a major distraction to this team. And that is weather or not he succeeds or not as a QB.. I think its a distraction this team does not need.. I personally hope he falls flat on his head and we dump him,. I want a pocket passer.. That's where the game is won.... Think about it.. Randall Cunningham, Michael Vick and Donovan 'choke' McNabb have netted 0 championships.

    @nickers said:

    I personally wish we could trade Manziel.. I see him as nothing but a major distraction to this team. And that is weather or not he succeeds or not as a QB.. I think its a distraction this team does not need.. I personally hope he falls flat on his head and we dump him,. I want a pocket passer.. That's where the game is won.... Think about it.. Randall Cunningham, Michael Vick and Donovan 'choke' McNabb have netted 0 championships.

    And why can't Manziel be a pocket passer?

    Because of his college scheme? Because Shanahan was a shitty offensive coordinator last year?

    It's unlikely that he becomes one, but there are plenty of examples of mobile quarterbacks who are efficient pocket passers and have/had solid careers- Wilson, Rodgers, Stabler, Young, Moom and Tarkenton.

    Just because he can run doesn't mean he should run. That's the biggest problem "mobile" QB's face.

    Also - here's a decent article about he success of rushing quarterbacks in the NFL.

    http://www.burkmont.com/2015/01/name-mobile-quarterback-who-won_19.html?m=1

  • @nickers said:

    I personally wish we could trade Manziel.. I see him as nothing but a major distraction to this team. And that is weather or not he succeeds or not as a QB.. I think its a distraction this team does not need.. I personally hope he falls flat on his head and we dump him,. I want a pocket passer.. That's where the game is won.... Think about it.. Randall Cunningham, Michael Vick and Donovan 'choke' McNabb have netted 0 championships.

    And why can't Manziel be a pocket passer?

    Because of his college scheme? Because Shanahan was a shitty offensive coordinator last year?

    It's unlikely that he becomes one, but there are plenty of examples of mobile quarterbacks who are efficient pocket passers and have/had solid careers- Wilson, Rodgers, Stabler, Young, Moom and Tarkenton.

    Just because he can run doesn't mean he should run. That's the biggest problem "mobile" QB's face.

    Also - here's a decent article about he success of rushing quarterbacks in the NFL.

    http://www.burkmont.com/2015/01/name-mobile-quarterback-who-won_19.html?m=1

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    And why can't Manziel be a pocket passer?

    Because of his college scheme? Because Shanahan was a shitty offensive coordinator last year?

    It's unlikely that he becomes one, but there are plenty of examples of mobile quarterbacks who are efficient pocket passers and have/had solid careers- Wilson, Rodgers, Stabler, Young, Moom and Tarkenton.

    Just because he can run doesn't mean he should run. That's the biggest problem "mobile" QB's face.

    Also - here's a decent article about he success of rushing quarterbacks in the NFL.

    http://www.burkmont.com/2015/01/name-mobile-quarterback-who-won_19.html?m=1

    And the difference is the QB's you mentioned besides Wilson came from "Run' first offenses in College.. They learned in the Pocket first Mentality scheme..They didnt have much in the way of "Spread offenses" back then. Tark had a crap line and was forced to run and he was a Magician at it

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    And why can't Manziel be a pocket passer?

    Because of his college scheme? Because Shanahan was a shitty offensive coordinator last year?

    It's unlikely that he becomes one, but there are plenty of examples of mobile quarterbacks who are efficient pocket passers and have/had solid careers- Wilson, Rodgers, Stabler, Young, Moom and Tarkenton.

    Just because he can run doesn't mean he should run. That's the biggest problem "mobile" QB's face.

    Also - here's a decent article about he success of rushing quarterbacks in the NFL.

    http://www.burkmont.com/2015/01/name-mobile-quarterback-who-won_19.html?m=1

    And the difference is the QB's you mentioned besides Wilson came from "Run' first offenses in College.. They learned in the Pocket first Mentality scheme..They didnt have much in the way of "Spread offenses" back then. Tark had a crap line and was forced to run and he was a Magician at it

    @nickers said:

    And the difference is the QB's you mentioned besides Wilson came from "Run' first offenses in College.. They learned in the Pocket first Mentality scheme..They didnt have much in the way of "Spread offenses" back then. Tark had a crap line and was forced to run and he was a Magician at it

    Not really. Rodgers played under Jim Tedford, who was considered to be somewhat of a spread, system coordinator. Granted, Tedford's system enabled quarterbacks to make pre-snap reads, but it's still more spread influenced than pro-style. Rodgers gunned the ball all over the field, it was not a run first offense.

  • @nickers said:

    I personally wish we could trade Manziel.. I see him as nothing but a major distraction to this team. And that is weather or not he succeeds or not as a QB.. I think its a distraction this team does not need.. I personally hope he falls flat on his head and we dump him,. I want a pocket passer.. That's where the game is won.... Think about it.. Randall Cunningham, Michael Vick and Donovan 'choke' McNabb have netted 0 championships.

    And why can't Manziel be a pocket passer?

    Because of his college scheme? Because Shanahan was a shitty offensive coordinator last year?

    It's unlikely that he becomes one, but there are plenty of examples of mobile quarterbacks who are efficient pocket passers and have/had solid careers- Wilson, Rodgers, Stabler, Young, Moom and Tarkenton.

    Just because he can run doesn't mean he should run. That's the biggest problem "mobile" QB's face.

    Also - here's a decent article about he success of rushing quarterbacks in the NFL.

    http://www.burkmont.com/2015/01/name-mobile-quarterback-who-won_19.html?m=1

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    And why can't Manziel be a pocket passer?

    Because of his college scheme? Because Shanahan was a shitty offensive coordinator last year?

    It's unlikely that he becomes one, but there are plenty of examples of mobile quarterbacks who are efficient pocket passers and have/had solid careers- Wilson, Rodgers, Stabler, Young, Moom and Tarkenton.

    Just because he can run doesn't mean he should run. That's the biggest problem "mobile" QB's face.

    How long does it take for something learned to become one's "nature"?

    If you ask JM to not run, that will be the 2nd change he's had to make as a pro... 3rd if you count actually learning an offense.

    It's a lot to ask.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    And why can't Manziel be a pocket passer?

    Because of his college scheme? Because Shanahan was a shitty offensive coordinator last year?

    It's unlikely that he becomes one, but there are plenty of examples of mobile quarterbacks who are efficient pocket passers and have/had solid careers- Wilson, Rodgers, Stabler, Young, Moom and Tarkenton.

    Just because he can run doesn't mean he should run. That's the biggest problem "mobile" QB's face.

    How long does it take for something learned to become one's "nature"?

    If you ask JM to not run, that will be the 2nd change he's had to make as a pro... 3rd if you count actually learning an offense.

    It's a lot to ask.

    @tour2ma said:

    How long does it take for something learned to become one's "nature"?

    If you ask JM to not run, that will be the 2nd change he's had to make as a pro... 3rd if you count actually learning an offense.

    It's a lot to ask.

    Well, studies claim it takes 21 days to make something a habit...

  • more like 21 years.

    hiccup.

  • I personally wish we could trade Manziel.. I see him as nothing but a major distraction to this team. And that is weather or not he succeeds or not as a QB.. I think its a distraction this team does not need.. I personally hope he falls flat on his head and we dump him,. I want a pocket passer.. That's where the game is won.... Think about it.. Randall Cunningham, Michael Vick and Donovan 'choke' McNabb have netted 0 championships.

    @nickers said:

    I personally wish we could trade Manziel.. I see him as nothing but a major distraction to this team. And that is weather or not he succeeds or not as a QB.. I think its a distraction this team does not need.. I personally hope he falls flat on his head and we dump him,. I want a pocket passer.. That's where the game is won.... Think about it.. Randall Cunningham, Michael Vick and Donovan 'choke' McNabb have netted 0 championships.

    Donovan McNabb went to 5 NFC championship games and a Super Bowl, 6 time Pro Bowler. If a Browns QB put that type of resume up before I die I'd name my first born son after him.

  • @nickers said:

    I personally wish we could trade Manziel.. I see him as nothing but a major distraction to this team. And that is weather or not he succeeds or not as a QB.. I think its a distraction this team does not need.. I personally hope he falls flat on his head and we dump him,. I want a pocket passer.. That's where the game is won.... Think about it.. Randall Cunningham, Michael Vick and Donovan 'choke' McNabb have netted 0 championships.

    Donovan McNabb went to 5 NFC championship games and a Super Bowl, 6 time Pro Bowler. If a Browns QB put that type of resume up before I die I'd name my first born son after him.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Donovan McNabb went to 5 NFC championship games and a Super Bowl, 6 time Pro Bowler. If a Browns QB put that type of resume up before I die I'd name my first born son after him.

    really? i'd rather have a son that can speak literate english and not sound like one of the cosby kids.

  • If he is, were fucked.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    If he is, were fucked.

    Because with Johnny starting the team be in such a better position to succeed?!?!

    If Manziel can't beat out McCown then McCown is the best choice for this team.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Donovan McNabb went to 5 NFC championship games and a Super Bowl, 6 time Pro Bowler. If a Browns QB put that type of resume up before I die I'd name my first born son after him.

    really? i'd rather have a son that can speak literate english and not sound like one of the cosby kids.

    @miktoxic said:

    really? i'd rather have a son that can speak literate english and not sound like one of the cosby kids.

    Buuuuud

  • Meanwhile Gip will sit out OTAS for more money. Dude praises giving thanks for God all the time on Twitter but certainly isn't thankful for the money he's making

    Not to take this the religious route but that dude is all in Gods dick then screws the team for money. I get its a business but shits just so backwards with ppl sometimes

  • Wow, is this camera angle or is he really that small?post-28058-0-58488100-1432696974_thumb.jpg

  • Wow, is this camera angle or is he really that small? Click on it to make bigger.post-28058-0-58488100-1432696974_thumb.jpg

  • Wow, is this camera angle or is he really that small? Click on it to make bigger.post-28058-0-58488100-1432696974_thumb.jpg

    @kvoethe said:

    Wow, is this camera angle or is he really that small? Click on it to make bigger. image.jpg

    Four inch height difference plus a 25 degree knee bend difference...seems about right to me. McCown is a lanky fuck.

  • Growing up, dedication, work ethic, desire to be the best they can be...

    and all that talent - looks like they will be ready to roll 2015

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/12/cleveland_browns_justin_gilber_7.html

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/05/johnny_manziel_getting_help_fr.html

  • Let's hope so.