Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
There were just a few more to Evans than that IIRC.
If you're talking true jump balls, tell me when they were because I've looked. If you're talking back shoulder fades that are contested, those shouldn't be included.
Glad you agree there were no Swope jump balls.
If you're talking true jump balls, tell me when they were because I've looked. If you're talking back shoulder fades that are contested, those shouldn't be included.
Glad you agree there were no Swope jump balls.
Oh, I'm sorry I wasn't aware a "true jump ball" had to be thrown to the moon then come down.
A 50/50 ball is when the DB is there to seriously contest and has a damn good shot at a pick or deflection. Of which, Manziel has thrown quite a few to of those.
I do call you an Aggie Fan boy, this instance would also prove that.
-
I don't mind being called a fanboy. I don't mind admitting Johnny was terrible last year. Hell, I had my doubts he would be back ths year, I'm glad he is. I still have doubts he will be as good in the NFL as I first thought he would be, but I'm happy he's looking better.
It's just moronic to use his pro failure to date to marginalize his college career. However you specify 50/50 balls, he threw less of them than most, and was an incredible college player. Just be honest about it. I'm honest about the fact that his college career now means nothing and he has lots of work to do just to stay on the team.
-
I don't mind being called a fanboy. I don't mind admitting Johnny was terrible last year. Hell, I had my doubts he would be back ths year, I'm glad he is. I still have doubts he will be as good in the NFL as I first thought he would be, but I'm happy he's looking better.
It's just moronic to use his pro failure to date to marginalize his college career. However you specify 50/50 balls, he threw less of them than most, and was an incredible college player. Just be honest about it. I'm honest about the fact that his college career now means nothing and he has lots of work to do just to stay on the team.
I don't mind being called a fanboy. I don't mind admitting Johnny was terrible last year. Hell, I had my doubts he would be back ths year, I'm glad he is. I still have doubts he will be as good in the NFL as I first thought he would be, but I'm happy he's looking better.
It's just moronic to use his pro failure to date to marginalize his college career. However you specify 50/50 balls, he threw less of them than most, and was an incredible college player. Just be honest about it. I'm honest about the fact that his college career now means nothing and he has lots of work to do just to stay on the team.
I'm not here to marginalize his college accomplishments. However I also realize he was the benefactor of having NFL quality receivers and got away rather regularly with some highly questionable throws.
No different than the throws I saw JaMarcus Russell of Brady Quinn get away with. So trust me, I'm not picking on Johnny exclusively or for my health.
-
I don't mind being called a fanboy. I don't mind admitting Johnny was terrible last year. Hell, I had my doubts he would be back ths year, I'm glad he is. I still have doubts he will be as good in the NFL as I first thought he would be, but I'm happy he's looking better.
It's just moronic to use his pro failure to date to marginalize his college career. However you specify 50/50 balls, he threw less of them than most, and was an incredible college player. Just be honest about it. I'm honest about the fact that his college career now means nothing and he has lots of work to do just to stay on the team.
I'm not here to marginalize his college accomplishments. However I also realize he was the benefactor of having NFL quality receivers and got away rather regularly with some highly questionable throws.
No different than the throws I saw JaMarcus Russell of Brady Quinn get away with. So trust me, I'm not picking on Johnny exclusively or for my health.
I'm not here to marginalize his college accomplishments. However I also realize he was the benefactor of having NFL quality receivers and got away rather regularly with some highly questionable throws.
No different than the throws I saw JaMarcus Russell of Brady Quinn get away with. So trust me, I'm not picking on Johnny exclusively or for my health.
I totally disagree. He had 70% completion rate and a good td./int ratio. His decision-making was much better than average and his accuracy was great. He put up the 2 most productive seasons in the history of college football. You don't do that by throwing an over-abundance of 50/50 balls.
But again, it doesn't matter now. He's got a long way to go to be a good pro. Looking forward to seeing the scrimmage today.
-
I don't mind being called a fanboy. I don't mind admitting Johnny was terrible last year. Hell, I had my doubts he would be back ths year, I'm glad he is. I still have doubts he will be as good in the NFL as I first thought he would be, but I'm happy he's looking better.
It's just moronic to use his pro failure to date to marginalize his college career. However you specify 50/50 balls, he threw less of them than most, and was an incredible college player. Just be honest about it. I'm honest about the fact that his college career now means nothing and he has lots of work to do just to stay on the team.
It's just moronic to use his pro failure to date to marginalize his college career
What you need to understand is, we Browns fans don't care one bit about his college career, and even further from that, we don't care what college he played for and we never even give it a second thought. All that we care about is whether or not he is helping the Browns win....... Period. If he can and does, we'll love him, if he can't and doesn't he'll be nothing more than a vague memory, and a bad one at that.
-
That is inaccurate. Tia clearly had some interest in his college career. There has to be, otherwise we're making sweeping judgments about a kid based on 5 quarters.
-
I'm not here to marginalize his college accomplishments. However I also realize he was the benefactor of having NFL quality receivers and got away rather regularly with some highly questionable throws.
No different than the throws I saw JaMarcus Russell of Brady Quinn get away with. So trust me, I'm not picking on Johnny exclusively or for my health.
I totally disagree. He had 70% completion rate and a good td./int ratio. His decision-making was much better than average and his accuracy was great. He put up the 2 most productive seasons in the history of college football. You don't do that by throwing an over-abundance of 50/50 balls.
But again, it doesn't matter now. He's got a long way to go to be a good pro. Looking forward to seeing the scrimmage today.
I totally disagree. He had 70% completion rate and a good td./int ratio. His decision-making was much better than average and his accuracy was great. He put up the 2 most productive seasons in the history of college football. You don't do that by throwing an over-abundance of 50/50 balls.
But again, it doesn't matter now. He's got a long way to go to be a good pro. Looking forward to seeing the scrimmage today.
Dorothy not in Kansas anymore and Johnny sure the hell is not at A&M any more. We don't care here what he did at A&M. What he does as a Brown counts and he's got some catching up to do. Like you, we all hope for his best effort and we hope he's found it..
-
So you can cite what he did in college if it makes him look bad but not vice versa.
-
So you can cite what he did in college if it makes him look bad but not vice versa.
Spoken like a true and many A&M Fans on this site. Go Buckeyes and Browns!!
-
I think pretty much everyone here can cite the things that JM did in college that made him look good.
The problem is (and what the Johnny Fan Boys just don't seem to understand) is that some of the things
that made him successful in college simply don't transfer well to the NFL. Yesterday, I read a quote from
JM where he basically said that in college he didn't worry about who the middle linebacker was or where
he was lined up. In his words, "...we would snap the ball and go." Playing QB in the NFL is all about pre-snap
reads, recognizing the defense, and adjusting the blocking schemes, etc. before the ball is snapped.
The fact of the matter is that JM pissed away his first year in the NFL and is now playing catch up. It appears (hopefully)
that he has matured and recognizes the commitment that is required to be successful with the big boys. There seems
to be noticeable improvement.
However, I have strong memories of Brandon Weedon looking great in shorts, drawing raves from the defensive coordinator
when recognizing defenses and making adjustments for a successful play. And then preseason started and he looked like
the same old clueless Weedon we knew and loved.
I'm pulling for JM and I am encouraged by his new attitude and work habits. But I'm not going to get overly excited over
3 or 4 good performances in practice.
Practice? We're talking about practice, man.

-
@sdoerschukREP: Pettine says not to read too much into Manziel getting reps w/ones. But don't under-read it, either. Coaches, GM keeping open minds on QBs.
-
It's just moronic to use his pro failure to date to marginalize his college career
What you need to understand is, we Browns fans don't care one bit about his college career, and even further from that, we don't care what college he played for and we never even give it a second thought. All that we care about is whether or not he is helping the Browns win....... Period. If he can and does, we'll love him, if he can't and doesn't he'll be nothing more than a vague memory, and a bad one at that.
What you need to understand is, we Browns fans don't care one bit about his college career, and even further from that, we don't care what college he played for and we never even give it a second thought. All that we care about is whether or not he is helping the Browns win....... Period. If he can and does, we'll love him, if he can't and doesn't he'll be nothing more than a vague memory, and a bad one at that.
I understamd Browns fans don't care, and I don't care either, relative to his career as a Brown.
But when his college career is misrepresented, I can't help but correct it. He made mistakes in college, but definitely no more than most others, and his positives far outweigh his negatives in college. It's just mind-boggling to me that that even needs to be said.
So far, he's been a terrible pro, but hopefully he's turning that around.
-
We talkin bout PRACTICE! Nice one, dst.
-
What you need to understand is, we Browns fans don't care one bit about his college career, and even further from that, we don't care what college he played for and we never even give it a second thought. All that we care about is whether or not he is helping the Browns win....... Period. If he can and does, we'll love him, if he can't and doesn't he'll be nothing more than a vague memory, and a bad one at that.
I understamd Browns fans don't care, and I don't care either, relative to his career as a Brown.
But when his college career is misrepresented, I can't help but correct it. He made mistakes in college, but definitely no more than most others, and his positives far outweigh his negatives in college. It's just mind-boggling to me that that even needs to be said.
So far, he's been a terrible pro, but hopefully he's turning that around.
So far, he's been a terrible pro, but hopefully he's turning that around.
We agree 100% on this.
-
What you need to understand is, we Browns fans don't care one bit about his college career, and even further from that, we don't care what college he played for and we never even give it a second thought. All that we care about is whether or not he is helping the Browns win....... Period. If he can and does, we'll love him, if he can't and doesn't he'll be nothing more than a vague memory, and a bad one at that.
I understamd Browns fans don't care, and I don't care either, relative to his career as a Brown.
But when his college career is misrepresented, I can't help but correct it. He made mistakes in college, but definitely no more than most others, and his positives far outweigh his negatives in college. It's just mind-boggling to me that that even needs to be said.
So far, he's been a terrible pro, but hopefully he's turning that around.
I understamd Browns fans don't care, and I don't care either, relative to his career as a Brown.
But when his college career is misrepresented, I can't help but correct it. He made mistakes in college, but definitely no more than most others, and his positives far outweigh his negatives in college. It's just mind-boggling to me that that even needs to be said.
So far, he's been a terrible pro, but hopefully he's turning that around.
The big problem that we (as Browns fans) are all to familiar with, is that Stats & College performance don't always translate to the NFL.
Take a look at Hoyers' Stats, looking at them they're pretty mediocre, but the guy had an "It" factor that helped him to lead the Team and win games . . . winningest Record of any Browns QB in over a Decade (may not be saying much).
Personally, from what I've seen NFL wise I don't expect much from JM, but would be thrilled to be proved wrong.
I'm encouraged that he's actually making progress from what I've seen and read this year in comparison to last year . . . in fact I just now watched him throw a long TD pass followed by another long completion in the Columbus Scrimmage.
On another note, I think you're going to find me much more welcoming to New/Texas fans than some on here.
Big picture here is that many many years ago the Browns were a Force in the NFL, but since then as a Team they have faltered and lost many fans (some through Old Age).
We need all the new/fresh Blood we can get, and if it all starts with one Player then I care, welcome aboard and hope you stay around for the rough times.
Manziel just threw his second TD as I write this in the Scrimmage.
Speaking of the Scrimmage . . . they're expecting 60,00 - 75,000 fans for the SCRIMMAGE . . . in Columbus . . . and the University cut it off @ 75K.
That's kind of fan support we need . . .
And all you AG/ New/ Texas supporters . . . welcome and hope you stay for the long run.
-
I'm not here to marginalize his college accomplishments. However I also realize he was the benefactor of having NFL quality receivers and got away rather regularly with some highly questionable throws.
No different than the throws I saw JaMarcus Russell of Brady Quinn get away with. So trust me, I'm not picking on Johnny exclusively or for my health.
I totally disagree. He had 70% completion rate and a good td./int ratio. His decision-making was much better than average and his accuracy was great. He put up the 2 most productive seasons in the history of college football. You don't do that by throwing an over-abundance of 50/50 balls.
But again, it doesn't matter now. He's got a long way to go to be a good pro. Looking forward to seeing the scrimmage today.
I totally disagree. He had 70% completion rate and a good td./int ratio. His decision-making was much better than average and his accuracy was great. He put up the 2 most productive seasons in the history of college football. You don't do that by throwing an over-abundance of 50/50 balls.
But again, it doesn't matter now. He's got a long way to go to be a good pro. Looking forward to seeing the scrimmage today.
I could loOK at the stars from pretty much any Texas Tech QB while I'm at it as well. His decision making was highly questionable at times. Remember him jumping head first into a pile of doook defenders when the flare to the boundary was open? Fumbling and re-catching a ball while spinning around against Bama.
Stats are nice but they aren't everything.
-
I totally disagree. He had 70% completion rate and a good td./int ratio. His decision-making was much better than average and his accuracy was great. He put up the 2 most productive seasons in the history of college football. You don't do that by throwing an over-abundance of 50/50 balls.
But again, it doesn't matter now. He's got a long way to go to be a good pro. Looking forward to seeing the scrimmage today.
I could loOK at the stars from pretty much any Texas Tech QB while I'm at it as well. His decision making was highly questionable at times. Remember him jumping head first into a pile of doook defenders when the flare to the boundary was open? Fumbling and re-catching a ball while spinning around against Bama.
Stats are nice but they aren't everything.
I could loOK at the stars from pretty much any Texas Tech QB while I'm at it as well. His decision making was highly questionable at times. Remember him jumping head first into a pile of doook defenders when the flare to the boundary was open? Fumbling and re-catching a ball while spinning around against Bama.
Stats are nice but they aren't everything.
Hmmmm, that sounds like this guy :
“God forbid I am forced to play,” he said.
Have to concede, JM has made a few good Play call changes the last few series I saw him in.
. . . there may actually be a "Gleem" in this guys future . . . .
-
liked what i saw from him in the 'scrimmage' although i saw a couple times he just fell back to same ol' JF....but overall he did look good.
-
So fumbling a ball (and then scoring) means his decision making sucks? News to me.
-
Just gonna leave this here.

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
