Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.3k 1
  • @aggie-brown-fan said:

    I totally disagree. He had 70% completion rate and a good td./int ratio. His decision-making was much better than average and his accuracy was great. He put up the 2 most productive seasons in the history of college football. You don't do that by throwing an over-abundance of 50/50 balls.

    But again, it doesn't matter now. He's got a long way to go to be a good pro. Looking forward to seeing the scrimmage today.

    I could loOK at the stars from pretty much any Texas Tech QB while I'm at it as well. His decision making was highly questionable at times. Remember him jumping head first into a pile of doook defenders when the flare to the boundary was open? Fumbling and re-catching a ball while spinning around against Bama.

    Stats are nice but they aren't everything.

    @tiamat63 said:

    I could loOK at the stars from pretty much any Texas Tech QB while I'm at it as well. His decision making was highly questionable at times. Remember him jumping head first into a pile of doook defenders when the flare to the boundary was open? Fumbling and re-catching a ball while spinning around against Bama.

    Stats are nice but they aren't everything.

    Hmmmm, that sounds like this guy :

    “God forbid I am forced to play,” he said.

    http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2015/08/brandon-weeden-content-to-be-a-backup-says-god-forbid-i-am-forced-to-play.html/

    Have to concede, JM has made a few good Play call changes the last few series I saw him in.

    . . . there may actually be a "Gleem" in this guys future . . . .

  • liked what i saw from him in the 'scrimmage' although i saw a couple times he just fell back to same ol' JF....but overall he did look good.

  • So fumbling a ball (and then scoring) means his decision making sucks? News to me.

  • Just gonna leave this here.

    CL11vJDXAAADLy3.jpg

  • Just gonna leave this here.

    CL11vJDXAAADLy3.jpg

    @wargograw said:

    Like what little I saw in the Scrimmage, but it's not even a Pre-Season game . . . so I'm really going to be critical of things this year . . . just been bit too many times by the propaganda.

  • Just gonna leave this here.

    CL11vJDXAAADLy3.jpg

    @wargograw said:

    Just gonna leave this here.

    CL11vJDXAAADLy3.jpg

    And the best man has been McCown.

  • I know. The point was he is taking a shot at Hoyer. Otherwise that comment is just out of left field.

  • @wargograw said:

    Just gonna leave this here.

    CL11vJDXAAADLy3.jpg

    And the best man has been McCown.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    And the best man has been McCown.

    Not what I saw, but as I said, it's just a stinkin' Scrimmage . . . it's not even a Pre-Season game yet . . . and we all know those mean squat.

  • uh mccown looked better tonight, given the fact that he'd played vs. the ones D and not the twos. not discounting the fact that manziel looked a lot better than i've ever seen him look in a brown's uni.

  • uh mccown looked better tonight, given the fact that he'd played vs. the ones D and not the twos. not discounting the fact that manziel looked a lot better than i've ever seen him look in a brown's uni.

    @miktoxic said:

    uh mccown looked better tonight, given the fact that he'd played vs. the ones D and not the twos. not discounting the fact that manziel looked a lot better than i've ever seen him look in a brown's uni.

    Same things I saw

  • Darn eastern time threw me off so I missed it.

  • Unofficially Manziel was 9-for-11 for 93 yards with two TDs (sacked once by Nate Orchard).

  • I saw a much improved JM, but that not a difficult accomplishment in light of last year performance . . .

    McCown was on Par, but taking #1's in comparison to #2's I'll defer to other on this Board that he was better.

  • So did Johnny get any reps with the 1s? I've read both that he did and that he didn't.

  • I know. The point was he is taking a shot at Hoyer. Otherwise that comment is just out of left field.

    @wargograw said:

    I know. The point was he is taking a shot at Hoyer. Otherwise that comment is just out of left field.

    That makes so much more sense.

  • Yeah. I posted a note on the day we signed McCown that the owner of Texags.com had posted. He's good friends w Johnny so I really thought it was a good indication of the feelings from Johnny's camp.

    He praised the signing and said Hoyer was not a good teammate at all and leaked made up stuff about Johnny. I got ripped for posting it but I don't know how you don't come to any other conclusion with that Farmer quote.

  • So did Johnny get any reps with the 1s? I've read both that he did and that he didn't.

    @wargograw said:

    So did Johnny get any reps with the 1s? I've read both that he did and that he didn't.

    Tony Grossi tweeted. . .

    @TonyGrossi: Looks like Johnny Manziel will get some time with 1s now. Josh McCown on field wearing baseball cap.

    Tony Grossi@TonyGrossi
    Looks like Johnny Manziel will get some time with 1s now. Josh McCown on field wearing baseball cap.
  • Since Johnny stepped into rehab and McCown signed, things are going just the way I would have hoped for all Browns fans. This is going to be a good team in the long run. The days of woe are nearing an end for the longest suffering fans anywhere. Hope is slowly but surely leading to reality.

  • Since Johnny stepped into rehab and McCown signed, things are going just the way I would have hoped for all Browns fans. This is going to be a good team in the long run. The days of woe are nearing an end for the longest suffering fans anywhere. Hope is slowly but surely leading to reality.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Since Johnny stepped into rehab and McCown signed, things are going just the way I would have hoped for all Browns fans. This is going to be a good team in the long run. The days of woe are nearing an end for the longest suffering fans anywhere. Hope is slowly but surely leading to reality.

    Amen.

  • So fumbling a ball (and then scoring) means his decision making sucks? News to me.

    @wargograw said:

    So fumbling a ball (and then scoring) means his decision making sucks? News to me.

    Did you see the play? I'm sure you have. I know you saw a great play. I saw tons of athletic ability and little actual quarterbacking apart from keeping his eyes down field.