Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.4k 1
  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    I know. The point was he is taking a shot at Hoyer. Otherwise that comment is just out of left field.

  • @wargograw said:

    Just gonna leave this here.

    CL11vJDXAAADLy3.jpg

    And the best man has been McCown.

    JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    And the best man has been McCown.

    Not what I saw, but as I said, it's just a stinkin' Scrimmage . . . it's not even a Pre-Season game yet . . . and we all know those mean squat.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    uh mccown looked better tonight, given the fact that he'd played vs. the ones D and not the twos. not discounting the fact that manziel looked a lot better than i've ever seen him look in a brown's uni.

  • uh mccown looked better tonight, given the fact that he'd played vs. the ones D and not the twos. not discounting the fact that manziel looked a lot better than i've ever seen him look in a brown's uni.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    @miktoxic said:

    uh mccown looked better tonight, given the fact that he'd played vs. the ones D and not the twos. not discounting the fact that manziel looked a lot better than i've ever seen him look in a brown's uni.

    Same things I saw

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    Darn eastern time threw me off so I missed it.

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by Canton Dawg

    Unofficially Manziel was 9-for-11 for 93 yards with two TDs (sacked once by Nate Orchard).

  • JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by

    I saw a much improved JM, but that not a difficult accomplishment in light of last year performance . . .

    McCown was on Par, but taking #1's in comparison to #2's I'll defer to other on this Board that he was better.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    So did Johnny get any reps with the 1s? I've read both that he did and that he didn't.

  • I know. The point was he is taking a shot at Hoyer. Otherwise that comment is just out of left field.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by Tim Couch Pulls Out

    @wargograw said:

    I know. The point was he is taking a shot at Hoyer. Otherwise that comment is just out of left field.

    That makes so much more sense.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    Yeah. I posted a note on the day we signed McCown that the owner of Texags.com had posted. He's good friends w Johnny so I really thought it was a good indication of the feelings from Johnny's camp.

    He praised the signing and said Hoyer was not a good teammate at all and leaked made up stuff about Johnny. I got ripped for posting it but I don't know how you don't come to any other conclusion with that Farmer quote.

  • So did Johnny get any reps with the 1s? I've read both that he did and that he didn't.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by Canton Dawg

    @wargograw said:

    So did Johnny get any reps with the 1s? I've read both that he did and that he didn't.

    Tony Grossi tweeted. . .

    @TonyGrossi: Looks like Johnny Manziel will get some time with 1s now. Josh McCown on field wearing baseball cap.

    Tony Grossi@TonyGrossi
    Looks like Johnny Manziel will get some time with 1s now. Josh McCown on field wearing baseball cap.
  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Since Johnny stepped into rehab and McCown signed, things are going just the way I would have hoped for all Browns fans. This is going to be a good team in the long run. The days of woe are nearing an end for the longest suffering fans anywhere. Hope is slowly but surely leading to reality.

  • Since Johnny stepped into rehab and McCown signed, things are going just the way I would have hoped for all Browns fans. This is going to be a good team in the long run. The days of woe are nearing an end for the longest suffering fans anywhere. Hope is slowly but surely leading to reality.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Since Johnny stepped into rehab and McCown signed, things are going just the way I would have hoped for all Browns fans. This is going to be a good team in the long run. The days of woe are nearing an end for the longest suffering fans anywhere. Hope is slowly but surely leading to reality.

    Amen.

  • So fumbling a ball (and then scoring) means his decision making sucks? News to me.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    So fumbling a ball (and then scoring) means his decision making sucks? News to me.

    Did you see the play? I'm sure you have. I know you saw a great play. I saw tons of athletic ability and little actual quarterbacking apart from keeping his eyes down field.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    Truly neither QB played with the 1's. Mack never saw 11on 11's. Mack played up to 7 on 7's. Fine with me. Both QB's played well and that's along time coming out of me. OL and backs out of sync, No screens, No Mack at C may have helped or a better D front maybe to blame, either way good for us. Orchard got credit for sack but Shelton forced it, big time. Good for both doing their jobs they were brought in here to do. Don't ask M. Moore if Danny plays sideline to sidelines. (my 40 time my azz)

  • @wargograw said:

    So fumbling a ball (and then scoring) means his decision making sucks? News to me.

    Did you see the play? I'm sure you have. I know you saw a great play. I saw tons of athletic ability and little actual quarterbacking apart from keeping his eyes down field.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Did you see the play? I'm sure you have. I know you saw a great play. I saw tons of athletic ability and little actual quarterbacking apart from keeping his eyes down field.

    Ok. But you cited it under "poor decision making." You mislabeled.

    I could just as easily respond "yes I saw a great play because the kid made something out of nothing." If we could get a list of what counts as "actual quarterbacking," that'd be great, because apparently scrambling against the best front 7 in the country and throwing a TD against the best defense in the country doesn't.

  • Truly neither QB played with the 1's. Mack never saw 11on 11's. Mack played up to 7 on 7's. Fine with me. Both QB's played well and that's along time coming out of me. OL and backs out of sync, No screens, No Mack at C may have helped or a better D front maybe to blame, either way good for us. Orchard got credit for sack but Shelton forced it, big time. Good for both doing their jobs they were brought in here to do. Don't ask M. Moore if Danny plays sideline to sidelines. (my 40 time my azz)

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    Truly neither QB played with the 1's. Mack never saw 11on 11's. Mack played up to 7 on 7's. Fine with me. Both QB's played well and that's along time coming out of me. OL and backs out of sync, No screens, No Mack at C may have helped or a better D front maybe to blame, either way good for us. Orchard got credit for sack but Shelton forced it, big time. Good for both doing their jobs they were brought in here to do. Don't ask M. Moore if Danny plays sideline to sidelines. (my 40 time my azz)

    So Mack was the only starter out? I don't know why it's so hard to get to the bottom of this. Did Johnny play with JT, Bito, Hawk, Gabriel, etc. or not?

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    From MKC:

    #browns manziel didn't work with the 1st team offense like pettine said he probably would but still had a nice night: 9/11 93 yards 2 TDs

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    War, your the best at answering your own questions cause you sure don't like what we tell you anyhow. if you would just read only what's there. In MKC YOU trust. Not here, her story will change again tomorrow..

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Did you see the play? I'm sure you have. I know you saw a great play. I saw tons of athletic ability and little actual quarterbacking apart from keeping his eyes down field.

    Ok. But you cited it under "poor decision making." You mislabeled.

    I could just as easily respond "yes I saw a great play because the kid made something out of nothing." If we could get a list of what counts as "actual quarterbacking," that'd be great, because apparently scrambling against the best front 7 in the country and throwing a TD against the best defense in the country doesn't.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    Ok. But you cited it under "poor decision making." You mislabeled.

    I could just as easily respond "yes I saw a great play because the kid made something out of nothing." If we could get a list of what counts as "actual quarterbacking," that'd be great, because apparently scrambling against the best front 7 in the country and throwing a TD against the best defense in the country doesn't.

    It was poor decision making. Not tucking the ball, running into his own lineman which forced the ball out of his hands. He was a lucky break away from that being mark Sanchez 2.0