Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • As long as the names of QBs are being thrown around, how about Mark Sanchez? He throws pretty spirals. Not much can be said for his receiver choices though except Mark throws the prettiest interceptions in the NFL. 🙂

  • so basically what some of you guys are saying is Manziel is an inch of height and 8 pounds from being an NFL QB?

    LOL....yea hes smallish but a lot of smaller QB have done well.I cant wait till he proves all his naysayers wrong

    with the rules being as they are and the late and viscious hits being taken out its the best time ever for him to arrive.

    Some people just don't get it

  • @walterwhite said:

    I'm sure you want another Derek Anderson/Brandon Weeden/clone with a rocket arm to rip through the cold harsh winters of Cleveland right?

    Let me guess, in your day you used to walk 8 miles through the snow just to find hot local singles in your area too?

    I don't give a shit who is qb. Just win. That's all I want.

    All I said is that he looks small. Wasn't sure he would withstand a beating. All these chicken shits here take that as a shot against their man love manziel.

    Jesus Christ you girls are sensitive. Show me where i said he can't win because he's too small.

    I don't care who qb is. Just win.

  • To everyone who says Retarded shit like "he did it against the best competition": so did Tim Tebow, Greg McIlroy, Tim Couch and a whole host of players who will never have an NFL career worth a shit. One day (and it may be decades down the road) all you 'competition' mongoloids will realize that NCAA football and the NFL are as far apart as professional bowling and occupational glass-blowing.

    Manziel has a lot of qualities to get exited about (passion, determination, confidence, big play ability) but except for hand-size, Teddy Twatwater is superior in every way. Its like comparing Watkins to Evans. Sure, Evans has a few more inches, but in every other respect Watkins is the better prospect by a country mile.

    I like Manziel's determination, I like who he is, his character in the face of ridiculous claims and concerns. Manziel won't be a flop/mediocre because of trumped up "character concerns". Furthermore, everyone (including 7'12", 460 lb. QBs) in the NFL is an injury risk. All that said, I will have my doubts about JCFs ability to translate to the NFL until he shuts me up by proving me wrong. If he ends up wearing a Browns jersey, I pray that he proves me wrong and delivers my beloved Brownies to the playoffs at least. Hopefully he'll learn that running for the endzone after spending .9 seconds looking for a receiver isn't the way to win in the big-boy's league.

    @roycerolls said:

    To everyone who says Retarded shit like "he did it against the best competition": so did Tim Tebow, Greg McIlroy, Tim Couch and a whole host of players who will never have an NFL career worth a shit. One day (and it may be decades down the road) all you 'competition' mongoloids will realize that NCAA football and the NFL are as far apart as professional bowling and occupational glass-blowing.

    Manziel has a lot of qualities to get exited about (passion, determination, confidence, big play ability) but except for hand-size, Teddy Twatwater is superior in every way. Its like comparing Watkins to Evans. Sure, Evans has a few more inches, but in every other respect Watkins is the better prospect by a country mile.

    I like Manziel's determination, I like who he is, his character in the face of ridiculous claims and concerns. Manziel won't be a flop/mediocre because of trumped up "character concerns". Furthermore, everyone (including 7'12", 460 lb. QBs) in the NFL is an injury risk. All that said, I will have my doubts about JCFs ability to translate to the NFL until he shuts me up by proving me wrong. If he ends up wearing a Browns jersey, I pray that he proves me wrong and delivers my beloved Brownies to the playoffs at least. Hopefully he'll learn that running for the endzone after spending .9 seconds looking for a receiver isn't the way to win in the big-boy's league.

    I don't see it as the either/or situation you seem to. A strong argument can be made for QBs being able to withstand the punishment that many claim is worse for a scrambling QB as compared to a pocket QB. I don't think that's true necessarily but what is true is that a QB needs to be smart enough to know where the point of diminishing returns is...a la Wilson and not RG3. IMO Manziel has a lot to learn in that regard.

  • @walterwhite said:

    I'm sure you want another Derek Anderson/Brandon Weeden/clone with a rocket arm to rip through the cold harsh winters of Cleveland right?

    Let me guess, in your day you used to walk 8 miles through the snow just to find hot local singles in your area too?

    I don't give a shit who is qb. Just win. That's all I want.

    All I said is that he looks small. Wasn't sure he would withstand a beating. All these chicken shits here take that as a shot against their man love manziel.

    Jesus Christ you girls are sensitive. Show me where i said he can't win because he's too small.

    I don't care who qb is. Just win.

    @usfbrown said:

    I don't give a shit who is qb. Just win. That's all I want.

    All I said is that he looks small. Wasn't sure he would withstand a beating. All these chicken shits here take that as a shot against their man love manziel.

    Jesus Christ you girls are sensitive.

    I don't care who qb is. Just win.

    You're mistaking people correcting you for people disagreeing with you. In much the same way as I would correct someone saying "I don't believe Manziel is under 6' he looks taller than that" or similar.

  • @mike-h said:

    Someone tell me Hoyers height weight and hand size.

    He is mostly listed at 6'2, he has been listed by some teams as 6'3", he's probably somewhere in between.

    Here he is with Tom Brady who is listed at 6'4. Maybe just over an inch difference?

    tempBrady-Hoyer-nfl_mezz_1280_1024-300x2120057743_crop_exact.jpg?w=340&h=221&q=82214508_d961fc5ebc9fff0af425d0bd53ded56f

    Listed at 215 and seems to be every bit of it.

    -a32d93c68347abd6.jpg

    Arm span of 32 inches and hand size of 9.5 inches

    Hands bigger than Bridgewater, a little smaller than Bortles and Manziel ... but they are all under 10", no?

    Zombo

  • @usfbrown said:

    I don't give a shit who is qb. Just win. That's all I want.

    All I said is that he looks small. Wasn't sure he would withstand a beating. All these chicken shits here take that as a shot against their man love manziel.

    Jesus Christ you girls are sensitive.

    I don't care who qb is. Just win.

    You're mistaking people correcting you for people disagreeing with you. In much the same way as I would correct someone saying "I don't believe Manziel is under 6' he looks taller than that" or similar.

    @gftchris said:

    You're mistaking people correcting you for people disagreeing with you. In much the same way as I would correct someone saying "I don't believe Manziel is under 6' he looks taller than that" or similar.

    I admitted my mistake in i don't believe he's over 200lbs. I stand by he looks like a child. You guys are worse than middle school girls.

  • @gftchris said:

    You're mistaking people correcting you for people disagreeing with you. In much the same way as I would correct someone saying "I don't believe Manziel is under 6' he looks taller than that" or similar.

    I admitted my mistake in i don't believe he's over 200lbs. I stand by he looks like a child. You guys are worse than middle school girls.

    @usfbrown said:

    I admitted my mistake in i don't believe he's over 200lbs. I stand by he looks like a child. You guys are worse than middle school girls.

    Hahaha, just some. The ones lobbying for the Browns picking up Manziel with their 4th mostly.
  • Not one of the 60 guys at the combine we felt compelled to talk to:

    http://imgick.cleveland.com/home/cleve-media/pgmain/img/plain-dealer/photo/2013/09/-a32d93c68347abd6.jpg

  • @mike-h said:

    Thanks Z. My only point was that Hoyer is taller and leaner, something to think about.

    Not sure certain people have the necessary equipment tho.

    Bridgewater measured in at 6'2 and 214lb, people are saying he's too thin to take the NFL hits, and he's basically the same size/weight as Hoyer.

  • @mike-h said:

    Thanks Z. My only point was that Hoyer is taller and leaner, something to think about.

    Not sure certain people have the necessary equipment tho.

    Bridgewater measured in at 6'2 and 214lb, people are saying he's too thin to take the NFL hits, and he's basically the same size/weight as Hoyer.

    @gftchris said:

    Bridgewater measured in at 6'2 and 214lb, people are saying he's too thin to take the NFL hits, and he's basically the same size/weight as Hoyer.

    Then it seems if they say Bridgewater can't take the hits, they must also say Hoyer and Manziel can't either.

    I think they're all fine weight wise. There's so many QB rules to keep them healthy. Just changes once they get over that line of scrimmage - if they know when and how to slide they should avoid problems.

  • @gftchris said:

    Bridgewater measured in at 6'2 and 214lb, people are saying he's too thin to take the NFL hits, and he's basically the same size/weight as Hoyer.

    Then it seems if they say Bridgewater can't take the hits, they must also say Hoyer and Manziel can't either.

    I think they're all fine weight wise. There's so many QB rules to keep them healthy. Just changes once they get over that line of scrimmage - if they know when and how to slide they should avoid problems.

    @bbedward said:

    Then it seems if they say Bridgewater can't take the hits, they must also say Hoyer and Manziel can't either.

    I think they're all fine weight wise. There's so many QB rules to keep them healthy. Just changes once they get over that line of scrimmage - if they know when and how to slide they should avoid problems.

    Agree - I think Hoyer and Bridgewater and probably even JFF will be fine in terms of staying healthy. Just somebody, anybody, please teach Hoyer how to slide! If that's all we get out of the 22nd pick from 2012 then it'll be worth it.

  • @walterwhite said:

    What the fuck are you even saying?

    Manziel has a better frame than Bridgewater, Murray, McCarron, and many other QB's in the this draft.

    What does every Browns fan have this creepy obsession that all QB's must at least be 230 and 6'4?

    I think it may be because the guys that generally win often have that sort of frame: Brady/Manning/ and the three guys in our division: BR/Flacco/Dalton.

    Russell Wilson has obviously shown that such a frame is not absolutely necessary to win.... but he is a fairly rare exception. Most have been of the bigger variety..... and it may not be obsession, it may just be knowing the odds.

  • @walterwhite said:

    What the fuck are you even saying?

    Manziel has a better frame than Bridgewater, Murray, McCarron, and many other QB's in the this draft.

    What does every Browns fan have this creepy obsession that all QB's must at least be 230 and 6'4?

    what the fuck is with you homos having so much man love for people.

    Shit i didn't know it was combine stats. What the fuck ever. From his pics, he looks like a child. All I stated was i'm not sure he could take the hits from the men in the nfl.

    You fruit cakes are so damn sensitive when it comes to your lover boys.

    @usfbrown said:

    what the fuck is with you homos having so much man love for people.

    Shit i didn't know it was combine stats. What the fuck ever. From his pics, he looks like a child. All I stated was i'm not sure he could take the hits from the men in the nfl.

    You fruit cakes are so damn sensitive when it comes to your lover boys.

    Well, that is why it is my philosophy to say: I don't give a damn who we pick.....but whomever we do pick better be a motherfucking winner.

    That is all I really care about: not height/weight/speed/hair color/race/age/how hot his girlfriend is etc. etc..

  • i'll take hoyer all day. hopefully mack is there @4 but his stock is rising.

    i'd personally trade down, get evans use the pcik we get to trade up and get gilbert or dixon/pryor.

    manziel does look like a kid. i betcha if you took his 'blankie' away from him he'd start crying.

  • @walterwhite said:

    Was this after he rammed it into Alabama in 2012 and won The Heisman or when he put up even better numbers in 2013?

    He's rich, nails models, and is about to be an NFL QB.

    You're just a broke pussy on a message board.

    Walter seriously get your lips off manziels cock. You blow that motherfucker harder (haha) than anyone else on the BB. It's annoying. It's pathetic. If your going to be a manziel butt plunger and blower of cock at least be analytical and provide facts for your man love fest. Pathetic.

  • Apparently Browns didn't interview Manziel at combine - not sure if that's been mentioned here before but you've got to think if you're thinking about taking him you'd interview the guy at least, him of all people.

  • @mike-h said:

    Ow.

    This is getting Quinn v. DA status

  • @walterwhite said:

    Here's some facts for you:

    63 passing TD's, 7,820 yards, 9.1 average, 69% completion, and 165 rating.

    Over 2000 rush yards and 30 TD's with 93 total TD's and a Heisman trophy in the hardest conference in FBS.

    Need anything else shit for brains?

    hmm... does tim tebow come to mind

    88 tds, 9285 yards, 9.3 avg, 66.4 comp %, 170.8 rating.

    You girls are so infatuated with players it's sick. If someone says something negative about your boyfriend you take it so personal. If you're this bent out of shape about football debates on an internet forum, you're going to have a rough life. But with being a homo, your life thus far has probably been pretty... wait for it... rough. bahahahah

  • @roycerolls said:

    Its like comparing Watkins to Evans. Sure, Evans has a few more inches, but in every other respect Watkins is the better prospect by a country mile.

    sure if you wanna throw screens all day. he's not going to out-jump evans in the corner of the end zone or down the sidelines. the commentators during the combine stated how he blocks out the defender using his big frame, not letting the CB or whoever get in front of them.

    hell, he made johnny manziel look good on all those ducks he threw downfield. he was catching everything in his combine drills catching the ball with his hands 3 inches off the ground. when have we ever had a receiver in recent years that can do that?

    i would compare evans to all the good tall receivers in the league, whereas sammy is shorter and would be a tweener in the slot. haden would eat him up.

    @miktoxic said:

    sure if you wanna throw screens all day. he's not going to out-jump evans in the corner of the end zone or down the sidelines. the commentators during the combine stated how he blocks out the defender using his big frame, not letting the CB or whoever get in front of them.

    hell, he made johnny manziel look good on all those ducks he threw downfield. he was catching everything in his combine drills catching the ball with his hands 3 inches off the ground. when have we ever had a receiver in recent years that can do that?

    i would compare evans to all the good tall receivers in the league, whereas sammy is shorter and would be a tweener in the slot. haden would eat him up.

    He reminds me a lot of Alshon Jeffrey (Evans) and he seems to be doing pretty well for himself.