Skip to content

Steelers writer Ed Bouchette

The Browns Board
159 19 4.5k
  • @the-gipper said:

    Not all of them are as cretinous as you.  Only a  rare few.

     Maybe they can learn you something about football.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #82

    @boo-fagley said:

     Maybe they can learn you something about football.

    Gip knows damn little about foot-ball.  https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44809493

    I'll even predict I'm gonna lose a bottle of wine over this. If the Brits had made the final- I'd like my odds. FWIW, the underdog Croats have 5 guys that play on major European teams- including Real Madrid. 

    PS: Just found out the next World Cup in Quatar is gonna be in December. Talk about a f-ck up. 10X worse than having Winter Olympic hockey. Can you imagine the NFL having to shut down for a month or two mid season so their guys could play in a tournament? Exactly what will happen in 4  years. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Not all of them are as cretinous as you.  Only a  rare few.

     Maybe they can learn you something about football.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #83

    @boo-fagley said:

     Maybe they can learn you something about football.

    Maybe they can.   You certainly can't.

  • @the-gipper said:

    The link you gave separated AFC and NFC

    There are 32 teams listed.

    I am a very fair Man though, youve had some eyesight trouble, so I will just dole out probation. Beware of calling other people stupid and dumb in the future.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #84

    @boo-fagley said:

    There are 32 teams listed.

    I am a very fair Man though, youve had some eyesight trouble, so I will just dole out probation. Beware of calling other people stupid and dumb in the future.

    You are right you don't need me calling you stupid and dumb just by taking breaths you show that you are 

  • @the-gipper said:

    They had a playoff team, not a Super Bowl contending team.  They were not good enough.  This is a defense that gave up 45 points to Blake Bortles.

     But by virtue of your prior statements, the Steelers should just pack it in and start losing in order to get higher draft picks.

    They were a Super Bowl team that Tomlin cant get to the Super Bowl.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #85

    @boo-fagley said:

    They were a Super Bowl team that Tomlin cant get to the Super Bowl.

    They were a Super Bowl team a decade ago. Now they are just a playoff team with no real chance at winning the title

  • @boo-fagley said:

    First off, I was not using the fact that because of the Browns that you would not know about winning. The Browns 7 Championships belies my point. The Browns are revered as one of the great dynasties in football history. You strive to be the best.

    Boo, let's not pretend NE was winning enough to put fans in the seats throughout the 60s, 70s and most of the 80s and 90s.  That's where you learned to pronounce your screen name.

    The Browns actually won 8 Championships.  They won their first 7 Championships from 1946 to 1955 (while appearing in the Championship Game every year).  That's 10 straight years of Championships with the HC-QB tandem of Paul Brown and Otto Graham, which is as unparalleled in Pro Football history as it was Otto Matic.  That's probably a big reason why Bill Belichick and his father frequently hailed Paul Brown as the GOAT.  Why wouldn't they? BB actually narrates a small segment of the Life of Paul Brown on the NFL Channel. If you watch it - you'll learn pretty quickly who his idol was.

    When Otto Graham retired after his 10th season in 1955, the Browns didn't win their 8th Championship until 1964.  How many other Pro Football QBs in America have led their teams to the Championship Game every year of their career or for a period of 10 consecutive years?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #86

    @flugel said:

    Boo, let's not pretend NE was winning enough to put fans in the seats throughout the 60s, 70s and most of the 80s and 90s.  That's where you learned to pronounce your screen name.

    The Browns actually won 8 Championships.  They won their first 7 Championships from 1946 to 1955 (while appearing in the Championship Game every year).  That's 10 straight years of Championships with the HC-QB tandem of Paul Brown and Otto Graham, which is as unparalleled in Pro Football history as it was Otto Matic.  That's probably a big reason why Bill Belichick and his father frequently hailed Paul Brown as the GOAT.  Why wouldn't they? BB actually narrates a small segment of the Life of Paul Brown on the NFL Channel. If you watch it - you'll learn pretty quickly who his idol was.

    When Otto Graham retired after his 10th season in 1955, the Browns didn't win their 8th Championship until 1964.  How many other Pro Football QBs in America have led their teams to the Championship Game every year of their career or for a period of 10 consecutive years?

    To answer your trivia question it is:  None

  • @boo-fagley said:

     Maybe they can learn you something about football.

    Gip knows damn little about foot-ball.  https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44809493

    I'll even predict I'm gonna lose a bottle of wine over this. If the Brits had made the final- I'd like my odds. FWIW, the underdog Croats have 5 guys that play on major European teams- including Real Madrid. 

    PS: Just found out the next World Cup in Quatar is gonna be in December. Talk about a f-ck up. 10X worse than having Winter Olympic hockey. Can you imagine the NFL having to shut down for a month or two mid season so their guys could play in a tournament? Exactly what will happen in 4  years. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #87

    @hoorta said:

    Gip knows damn little about foot-ball.  https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44809493

    I'll even predict I'm gonna lose a bottle of wine over this. If the Brits had made the final- I'd like my odds. FWIW, the underdog Croats have 5 guys that play on major European teams- including Real Madrid. 

    PS: Just found out the next World Cup in Quatar is gonna be in December. Talk about a f-ck up. 10X worse than having Winter Olympic hockey. Can you imagine the NFL having to shut down for a month or two mid season so their guys could play in a tournament? Exactly what will happen in 4  years. 

    You mean futbol.    Just to refresh our memories:  the bet is that the WC final will not get more than 18 million US viewers.  (It should, as that is a low number for the entire US...but I say it won''t).    Game tomorrow.    If you win, I bring you a decent Finger Lakes wine (you would have to tell me what sort).   I win, I get a nice Reisling. Loser brings the booty to the Jets game tailgate which is when we would likely next meet up.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    You'd have to be INSANE to actually pick the Browns in a season opener, and you'd have to be DOUBLY insane to pick us in an opener against the STEELERS.

    ...sums it up pretty well right there.

    But there IS a difference this year because we have many New & Proven NFL players and personnel.  Dorsey, Haley, Landry, Tyrod, Hyde.  That's four of the most important offensive puzzle pieces.  It IS possible that those upgrades could make a substantial difference.  And then there's that jack-butt Josh Gordon.  He could be good, he could be great, he could be lazy and he could be in jail.  All in the same month.  - Our team right now is a bit of a wild card.  We're hard to predict at this point.

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #88

    @orion said:

    ...sums it up pretty well right there.

    But there IS a difference this year because we have many New & Proven NFL players and personnel.  Dorsey, Haley, Landry, Tyrod, Hyde.  That's four of the most important offensive puzzle pieces.  It IS possible that those upgrades could make a substantial difference.  And then there's that jack-butt Josh Gordon.  He could be good, he could be great, he could be lazy and he could be in jail.  All in the same month.  - Our team right now is a bit of a wild card.  We're hard to predict at this point.

    I've never wanted a player to succeed more than Josh Gordon. I work in a population devastated by addiction, people who came from nothing, those who just didn't have the love and support they needed growing up. I realize we're all responsible for our choices, but this is the first time Josh looks to have turned the corner, and I want it so bad for him. For all the ones kicked down by life and their bad decisions. Josh needs this for himself first and foremost, but also for his family. 

  • @boo-fagley said:

     Maybe they can learn you something about football.

    Gip knows damn little about foot-ball.  https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44809493

    I'll even predict I'm gonna lose a bottle of wine over this. If the Brits had made the final- I'd like my odds. FWIW, the underdog Croats have 5 guys that play on major European teams- including Real Madrid. 

    PS: Just found out the next World Cup in Quatar is gonna be in December. Talk about a f-ck up. 10X worse than having Winter Olympic hockey. Can you imagine the NFL having to shut down for a month or two mid season so their guys could play in a tournament? Exactly what will happen in 4  years. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #89

    @hoorta said:

    Gip knows damn little about foot-ball.  https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44809493

    I'll even predict I'm gonna lose a bottle of wine over this. If the Brits had made the final- I'd like my odds. FWIW, the underdog Croats have 5 guys that play on major European teams- including Real Madrid. 

    PS: Just found out the next World Cup in Quatar is gonna be in December. Talk about a f-ck up. 10X worse than having Winter Olympic hockey. Can you imagine the NFL having to shut down for a month or two mid season so their guys could play in a tournament? Exactly what will happen in 4  years. 

    I thought that was an interesting bet......but a bet is a bet.

    And a world cup in Qatar, count me not going in person,  but 2026 in the GOOD OL' USA and Canada and Mexico in 2026 count me in, wait I'll be 76, I don't know if my battered body will wait that long. 😆

    GO TEAM USA, baby!

  • Zombo said:

    So the Patriots went ten years between SBs and Belichick is the goat, but the Steelers go ten years and Tomlin needs to be fired?

    They just won 13 games. Tell Ben to quit turning the ball over in playoff games.

    football-afc-playoffs-pittsburgh-steeler

    Prior to the drought, Belichick had 5 Super Bowl rings. 3 as a Head Coach and 2 as the DC for the Giants.

    He had coached in a total of 6 Super Bowls before the drought started and coached in 2 more Super Bowls during the drought that he lost. 8 Super Bowls on his resume.

    Hey, they were calling for Tomlin to go before I said anything. Haley got the axe, but I will bet you Tomlin is next to go if he does not deliver Super Bowl appearance now. Ben has been very frustrated with Tomlin and threatened retirement twice.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #90

    @boo-fagley said:

    Prior to the drought, Belichick had 5 Super Bowl rings. 3 as a Head Coach and 2 as the DC for the Giants.

    He had coached in a total of 6 Super Bowls before the drought started and coached in 2 more Super Bowls during the drought that he lost. 8 Super Bowls on his resume.

    Hey, they were calling for Tomlin to go before I said anything. Haley got the axe, but I will bet you Tomlin is next to go if he does not deliver Super Bowl appearance now. Ben has been very frustrated with Tomlin and threatened retirement twice.

    Ben is quite the leader.

    I think you need to familiarize yourself with how the Rooney's do business.

    They have had 3 head coaches in 40 years. 

    Noll and Cowher retired on their own terms.

    They gave Cohwer 13 years to wins a SB and endured 3 losing season with him. Tomlin already has a ring an no losing seasons.

    Chuck Noll was a .500 coach his last 11 years and they stuck with him. Tomlin's worst season is .500.

    Rooney's don't care what the fans think, or what the players think, or what Boo Fagley thinks, they have their way of doing things. They're not changing coaches if Tomlin doesn't win the SB this year, that's ridiculous.

    Zombo

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Tomlin is a fvcking jackass. Haley was his scapegoat.

    One trophy with a first ballot HOF QB. Harbawl has that many with Flacco.

    OK, so, he's 116-60. Two Super Bowls, One ring. 8-7 in the postseason.

    Poor Ben has been stuck in a Top Ten offense four straight years, Top five passing game past three years.

    Tomlin has made the playoffs eight times in eleven years, never had a losing season.

    He is 5th in active coaches in wins, He is second to active coaches in winning percentage , trailing only Belichick.

    But he's a jackass.

    Hope Hugh Jackson turns into a jackass.

    Zombo

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #91

    Zombo said:

    OK, so, he's 116-60. Two Super Bowls, One ring. 8-7 in the postseason.

    Poor Ben has been stuck in a Top Ten offense four straight years, Top five passing game past three years.

    Tomlin has made the playoffs eight times in eleven years, never had a losing season.

    He is 5th in active coaches in wins, He is second to active coaches in winning percentage , trailing only Belichick.

    But he's a jackass.

    Hope Hugh Jackson turns into a jackass.

    Zombo

    Pittsburgh fans are spoiled by the best FO in the NFL. That's where they've been most consistent since they started looking to former Cleveland Players like Noll and Cowher.  They don't exactly give their Head Coaches a bunch of pawns to play gridiron chess with only ask for miracles on Sundays. That's the complete opposite of Cleveland. Tomlin didn't even need to instill a philosophy of RUN the ball, rush the passer and stop the run. He just had to inherit the ongoing tradition which looks to have tarnished somewhat on the defensive side of the ball. 

    I don't know if it's the Irish blood, the Guinness Beer or both but you hardly ever post anything I can argue with dom gummit.  Even this, to an extent, I'd love to have my only complaints be "yeah we only won 1 Superbowl and participated in 2 in this coach's tenure."  Then again, I'd love to see us have a Head Coach inherit an elite franchise QB with an edge rusher that is the Defensive Player of the Year like Harrison was the same year his 100 yard pick 6 was a 14 point swing at halftime that allowed them to win the SB on the last play of the game vrs Arizona.  IMO, it was a lot like Barry Switzer showing up to the talent pool in Dallas that couldn't lose making him the beneficiary of it all.  The NEXT time, they would lose to the NFC Wildcard GB Packers that had a ho hum 9-7 regular season record. 

    In another one of your posts, you mentioned your brother and other family members that still reside in PA that are sick of Tomlin and you think they're nuts because of that.  Then again, when Pitt has the best all around RB in football, the best WR and a QB that's won 2 of the 3 Superbowls he's started in - I can't blame them and their fans for being disappointed with the 1 and done playoff exit (especially when they're supposed to be getting closer to finally beating NE in the post season).  A few years ago, finger LeBeau got scapegoated for the defense being the anchor.  Well, Tomlin's expertise is supposed to be on the Defensive side of the ball and in the secondary in particular.  For them to see Jax beating them with the philosophy they're supposed to be socking to NE at an AFC Championship Level - they're seeing regression especially in the areas of the team Tomlin is supposed to offer the most expertise.  That secondary was terrible.  How many years ago did they fire LeBeau?  They still suck on defense.

    Understanding all that, when they lost 45-42 - they fired their OC.  I see a 2nd consecutive Scapegoat after LeBeau took it up Hershey Highway. On top of all that, there's the throwing the War Veteran at Left Tackle under the bus for being the only guy on the roster to honor the National Anthem and then blasting the blind side tackle as a villain for that in the media.  Pitt LOST that day to a team they should have beaten reflecting an inevitable outcome of disappointing leadership via Tomlin. 

    My guess is Pittsburgh fans today are at the point where many of our fans were with Marty Schottenheimer.  They are far less concerned with the consistency of winning than they are with the lack of post season progress.  The difference between the 2 guys is Tomlin showed up to a SB caliber roster loaded with playoff experience created by Pitt's FO and a philosophy already in tact from that FO and previous HC.  He Barry Switzered his 1st SB with a Victory; lost his next SB to GB; then he lost Conference Championship Games; and now he's not winning playoff games at home.  That's a regression causing concern especially when it's in spite of a three-some like Roethlisberger, Bell and AB in a passing era.  Marty, on the other hand, surfaced from a team that never won a single playoff game under the previous regime. He turned a last place team into 8-8 (1st place), 12-4 (1st place), 10-5, and 10-6. However, the early regular season progress and ability to get back to the AFC Championship Game only increased expectations; while it drastically lowered the tolerance for losing the Big Game (especially with the conservative asss puckering game plans some of our fans have never forgiven him for).  Maybe if we had a Charles Haley or a James Harrison off the edge we could have won those Big Games in spite of Marty's stage fright.  Who knows?

  • @orion said:

    ...sums it up pretty well right there.

    But there IS a difference this year because we have many New & Proven NFL players and personnel.  Dorsey, Haley, Landry, Tyrod, Hyde.  That's four of the most important offensive puzzle pieces.  It IS possible that those upgrades could make a substantial difference.  And then there's that jack-butt Josh Gordon.  He could be good, he could be great, he could be lazy and he could be in jail.  All in the same month.  - Our team right now is a bit of a wild card.  We're hard to predict at this point.

    I've never wanted a player to succeed more than Josh Gordon. I work in a population devastated by addiction, people who came from nothing, those who just didn't have the love and support they needed growing up. I realize we're all responsible for our choices, but this is the first time Josh looks to have turned the corner, and I want it so bad for him. For all the ones kicked down by life and their bad decisions. Josh needs this for himself first and foremost, but also for his family. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #92

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Josh needs this for himself first and foremost, but also for his family. 

    You're looking at it from a humanitarian point of view...which is noble, of  course.   I've given up caring so much about that.  Next year he'll wanna be a Dallas Cowboy.  I look at players through a much colder lens these days.  What is their value to my football team.  Which includes ability, availability, work ethic, integrity, etc.  (have I become jaded?)  

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Josh needs this for himself first and foremost, but also for his family. 

    You're looking at it from a humanitarian point of view...which is noble, of  course.   I've given up caring so much about that.  Next year he'll wanna be a Dallas Cowboy.  I look at players through a much colder lens these days.  What is their value to my football team.  Which includes ability, availability, work ethic, integrity, etc.  (have I become jaded?)  

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #93

    @orion said:

    You're looking at it from a humanitarian point of view...which is noble, of  course.   I've given up caring so much about that.  Next year he'll wanna be a Dallas Cowboy.  I look at players through a much colder lens these days.  What is their value to my football team.  Which includes ability, availability, work ethic, integrity, etc.  (have I become jaded?)  

    Maybe not jaded but business like realistic. 

    Football is a game......errrr, big, big business. 

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Prior to the drought, Belichick had 5 Super Bowl rings. 3 as a Head Coach and 2 as the DC for the Giants.

    He had coached in a total of 6 Super Bowls before the drought started and coached in 2 more Super Bowls during the drought that he lost. 8 Super Bowls on his resume.

    Hey, they were calling for Tomlin to go before I said anything. Haley got the axe, but I will bet you Tomlin is next to go if he does not deliver Super Bowl appearance now. Ben has been very frustrated with Tomlin and threatened retirement twice.

    Ben is quite the leader.

    I think you need to familiarize yourself with how the Rooney's do business.

    They have had 3 head coaches in 40 years. 

    Noll and Cowher retired on their own terms.

    They gave Cohwer 13 years to wins a SB and endured 3 losing season with him. Tomlin already has a ring an no losing seasons.

    Chuck Noll was a .500 coach his last 11 years and they stuck with him. Tomlin's worst season is .500.

    Rooney's don't care what the fans think, or what the players think, or what Boo Fagley thinks, they have their way of doing things. They're not changing coaches if Tomlin doesn't win the SB this year, that's ridiculous.

    Zombo

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by
    #94

    Zombo said:

    Ben is quite the leader.

    I think you need to familiarize yourself with how the Rooney's do business.

    They have had 3 head coaches in 40 years. 

    Noll and Cowher retired on their own terms.

    They gave Cohwer 13 years to wins a SB and endured 3 losing season with him. Tomlin already has a ring an no losing seasons.

    Chuck Noll was a .500 coach his last 11 years and they stuck with him. Tomlin's worst season is .500.

    Rooney's don't care what the fans think, or what the players think, or what Boo Fagley thinks, they have their way of doing things. They're not changing coaches if Tomlin doesn't win the SB this year, that's ridiculous.

    Zombo

    Since I have been following the game for a very long time Son, I was already aware that the Steelers have only had 3 HCs. Noll won 4 Championships and he earned the right to go out on his own terms. Firing a 4 time Champion HC would have caused a $hitstorm back in those days.  NY Giants HC Tom Coughlin earned the right to leave on his own as well winning 2 Championships. The Giants operate like the Steelers in that regard. Cowher never had a good QB before Ben. Unless you believe that Bubby Brister, Kordell, Odonell, Tomzack were worth a $hit because I do not. They sucked and you ARE NOT winning a Super Bowl Championships with no QB which is whole purpose of playing the game.

    Tomlin does not have a QB problem. Ben is a first ballot HOF QB. Last years team was good enough to be in the Super Bowl until Tomlin pissed it away. The Patriots beat them on a lucky play. The Steelers got stomped by the Jaguars at home because they were not prepared. That falls directly on Tomlin. The higher ups did call for his firing. https://weei.radio.com/blogs/john-tomase/report-steelers-limited-partners-want-mike-tomlin-fired Not just the fans and I have never suggested that the fans manage the front office. Haley was fired instead as the scape goat. He has had a top 5 passing offense for 4 consecutive seasons, but somebody had to take the blame.

    Great HCs and franchises are measured by Championships. Runner Ups and losers care about winning seasons.

    Its not ridiculous that Tomlin will be fired if the Steelers do not at least make it to the Super Bowl. 

  • @boo-fagley said:

    First off, I was not using the fact that because of the Browns that you would not know about winning. The Browns 7 Championships belies my point. The Browns are revered as one of the great dynasties in football history. You strive to be the best.

    Boo, let's not pretend NE was winning enough to put fans in the seats throughout the 60s, 70s and most of the 80s and 90s.  That's where you learned to pronounce your screen name.

    The Browns actually won 8 Championships.  They won their first 7 Championships from 1946 to 1955 (while appearing in the Championship Game every year).  That's 10 straight years of Championships with the HC-QB tandem of Paul Brown and Otto Graham, which is as unparalleled in Pro Football history as it was Otto Matic.  That's probably a big reason why Bill Belichick and his father frequently hailed Paul Brown as the GOAT.  Why wouldn't they? BB actually narrates a small segment of the Life of Paul Brown on the NFL Channel. If you watch it - you'll learn pretty quickly who his idol was.

    When Otto Graham retired after his 10th season in 1955, the Browns didn't win their 8th Championship until 1964.  How many other Pro Football QBs in America have led their teams to the Championship Game every year of their career or for a period of 10 consecutive years?

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by
    #95

    @flugel said:

    Boo, let's not pretend NE was winning enough to put fans in the seats throughout the 60s, 70s and most of the 80s and 90s.  That's where you learned to pronounce your screen name.

    Ha, well done.

    There were periods during the 60s, 70s and 80s where the stands were full when it looked like ownership cared about winning. About every 10 years the Patriots knocked on the Super Bowl door. The 90s when Parcells arrived, set in motion a waiting list for seats that is still going strong today. The Red Sox could lose every game and the fans would show up. Not so with the Patriots.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    There are 32 teams listed.

    I am a very fair Man though, youve had some eyesight trouble, so I will just dole out probation. Beware of calling other people stupid and dumb in the future.

    You are right you don't need me calling you stupid and dumb just by taking breaths you show that you are 

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by
    #96

    @the-gipper said:

    You are right you don't need me calling you stupid and dumb just by taking breaths you show that you are 

     Already backsliding first week of probation.

  • Zombo said:

    Ben is quite the leader.

    I think you need to familiarize yourself with how the Rooney's do business.

    They have had 3 head coaches in 40 years. 

    Noll and Cowher retired on their own terms.

    They gave Cohwer 13 years to wins a SB and endured 3 losing season with him. Tomlin already has a ring an no losing seasons.

    Chuck Noll was a .500 coach his last 11 years and they stuck with him. Tomlin's worst season is .500.

    Rooney's don't care what the fans think, or what the players think, or what Boo Fagley thinks, they have their way of doing things. They're not changing coaches if Tomlin doesn't win the SB this year, that's ridiculous.

    Zombo

    Since I have been following the game for a very long time Son, I was already aware that the Steelers have only had 3 HCs. Noll won 4 Championships and he earned the right to go out on his own terms. Firing a 4 time Champion HC would have caused a $hitstorm back in those days.  NY Giants HC Tom Coughlin earned the right to leave on his own as well winning 2 Championships. The Giants operate like the Steelers in that regard. Cowher never had a good QB before Ben. Unless you believe that Bubby Brister, Kordell, Odonell, Tomzack were worth a $hit because I do not. They sucked and you ARE NOT winning a Super Bowl Championships with no QB which is whole purpose of playing the game.

    Tomlin does not have a QB problem. Ben is a first ballot HOF QB. Last years team was good enough to be in the Super Bowl until Tomlin pissed it away. The Patriots beat them on a lucky play. The Steelers got stomped by the Jaguars at home because they were not prepared. That falls directly on Tomlin. The higher ups did call for his firing. https://weei.radio.com/blogs/john-tomase/report-steelers-limited-partners-want-mike-tomlin-fired Not just the fans and I have never suggested that the fans manage the front office. Haley was fired instead as the scape goat. He has had a top 5 passing offense for 4 consecutive seasons, but somebody had to take the blame.

    Great HCs and franchises are measured by Championships. Runner Ups and losers care about winning seasons.

    Its not ridiculous that Tomlin will be fired if the Steelers do not at least make it to the Super Bowl. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #97

    @boo-fagley said:

    Since I have been following the game for a very long time Son, I was already aware that the Steelers have only had 3 HCs. Noll won 4 Championships and he earned the right to go out on his own terms. Firing a 4 time Champion HC would have caused a $hitstorm back in those days.  NY Giants HC Tom Coughlin earned the right to leave on his own as well winning 2 Championships. The Giants operate like the Steelers in that regard. Cowher never had a good QB before Ben. Unless you believe that Bubby Brister, Kordell, Odonell, Tomzack were worth a $hit because I do not. They sucked and you ARE NOT winning a Super Bowl Championships with no QB which is whole purpose of playing the game.

    Tomlin does not have a QB problem. Ben is a first ballot HOF QB. Last years team was good enough to be in the Super Bowl until Tomlin pissed it away. The Patriots beat them on a lucky play. The Steelers got stomped by the Jaguars at home because they were not prepared. That falls directly on Tomlin. The higher ups did call for his firing. https://weei.radio.com/blogs/john-tomase/report-steelers-limited-partners-want-mike-tomlin-fired Not just the fans and I have never suggested that the fans manage the front office. Haley was fired instead as the scape goat. He has had a top 5 passing offense for 4 consecutive seasons, but somebody had to take the blame.

    Great HCs and franchises are measured by Championships. Runner Ups and losers care about winning seasons.

    Its not ridiculous that Tomlin will be fired if the Steelers do not at least make it to the Super Bowl. 

    Why do you even give a Sheet whether or not the Steelers are or are not Super Bowl contenders. They are not but like I said why do you give a Sheet

  • @hoorta said:

    Gip knows damn little about foot-ball.  https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44809493

    I'll even predict I'm gonna lose a bottle of wine over this. If the Brits had made the final- I'd like my odds. FWIW, the underdog Croats have 5 guys that play on major European teams- including Real Madrid. 

    PS: Just found out the next World Cup in Quatar is gonna be in December. Talk about a f-ck up. 10X worse than having Winter Olympic hockey. Can you imagine the NFL having to shut down for a month or two mid season so their guys could play in a tournament? Exactly what will happen in 4  years. 

    I thought that was an interesting bet......but a bet is a bet.

    And a world cup in Qatar, count me not going in person,  but 2026 in the GOOD OL' USA and Canada and Mexico in 2026 count me in, wait I'll be 76, I don't know if my battered body will wait that long. 😆

    GO TEAM USA, baby!

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #98

    @mjp28 said:

    I thought that was an interesting bet......but a bet is a bet.

    And a world cup in Qatar, count me not going in person,  but 2026 in the GOOD OL' USA and Canada and Mexico in 2026 count me in, wait I'll be 76, I don't know if my battered body will wait that long. 😆

    GO TEAM USA, baby!

    I'm not trying to get out of it, but it will be an indication of how much interest in soccer has increased in the intervening 4 years in the US. I say it's a lot.  🙂

  • @mjp28 said:

    I thought that was an interesting bet......but a bet is a bet.

    And a world cup in Qatar, count me not going in person,  but 2026 in the GOOD OL' USA and Canada and Mexico in 2026 count me in, wait I'll be 76, I don't know if my battered body will wait that long. 😆

    GO TEAM USA, baby!

    I'm not trying to get out of it, but it will be an indication of how much interest in soccer has increased in the intervening 4 years in the US. I say it's a lot.  🙂

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #99

    @hoorta said:

    I'm not trying to get out of it, but it will be an indication of how much interest in soccer has increased in the intervening 4 years in the US. I say it's a lot.  🙂

    No doubt soccer is on an uptick, American tackle football is on a downtick -but- they are still far apart right now.

    I wouldn't want to guess what the numbers will look like in 10 or 15 years.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Since I have been following the game for a very long time Son, I was already aware that the Steelers have only had 3 HCs. Noll won 4 Championships and he earned the right to go out on his own terms. Firing a 4 time Champion HC would have caused a $hitstorm back in those days.  NY Giants HC Tom Coughlin earned the right to leave on his own as well winning 2 Championships. The Giants operate like the Steelers in that regard. Cowher never had a good QB before Ben. Unless you believe that Bubby Brister, Kordell, Odonell, Tomzack were worth a $hit because I do not. They sucked and you ARE NOT winning a Super Bowl Championships with no QB which is whole purpose of playing the game.

    Tomlin does not have a QB problem. Ben is a first ballot HOF QB. Last years team was good enough to be in the Super Bowl until Tomlin pissed it away. The Patriots beat them on a lucky play. The Steelers got stomped by the Jaguars at home because they were not prepared. That falls directly on Tomlin. The higher ups did call for his firing. https://weei.radio.com/blogs/john-tomase/report-steelers-limited-partners-want-mike-tomlin-fired Not just the fans and I have never suggested that the fans manage the front office. Haley was fired instead as the scape goat. He has had a top 5 passing offense for 4 consecutive seasons, but somebody had to take the blame.

    Great HCs and franchises are measured by Championships. Runner Ups and losers care about winning seasons.

    Its not ridiculous that Tomlin will be fired if the Steelers do not at least make it to the Super Bowl. 

    Why do you even give a Sheet whether or not the Steelers are or are not Super Bowl contenders. They are not but like I said why do you give a Sheet

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Why do you even give a Sheet whether or not the Steelers are or are not Super Bowl contenders. They are not but like I said why do you give a Sheet

    Only pointing out the reason why they are not winning Championships.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Why do you even give a Sheet whether or not the Steelers are or are not Super Bowl contenders. They are not but like I said why do you give a Sheet

    Only pointing out the reason why they are not winning Championships.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @boo-fagley said:

    Only pointing out the reason why they are not winning Championships.

    The reason is that they are overall just not good enough. Why can't you understand