This new helmet rule
-
Great points Texas. We fans are going to have to live with the two-sided effects of this rule. The aggravation of the penalties (that will ALWAYS come on 3rd and long against us, lol) and the hopeful reduction in damaging head injuries. But honestly, I think the NFL will have to implement a replay system for these calls. A bang-bang call by the ref shouldn't change the game, and these calls are definitely going to affect the outcome.
-
I saw a players helmet touch another players arm and it was called.
-
Pussies:

-
I saw a players helmet touch another players arm and it was called.
Early in the game? Yeah I think i saw the same play and the key was he moved his helmet in purposefully but just barely grazed the other guy's. I think that was one of those "we will enforce it" kind of calls that will get ignored later in the season.
-
Pussies:

Pussies:

Yeah look at how high that sissy wears his pants.?
-
Your head is in between both of your shoulders that you've been taught to hit with... what the Shmuck are you supposed to do? If a ball carrier dives through a hole, if I'm a defender I'm making his helmet hit me and calling foul- it's a 15 yard penalty and loss of down... this may be the straw that breaks the camels back. Football is dead.
-
Your head is in between both of your shoulders that you've been taught to hit with... what the Shmuck are you supposed to do? If a ball carrier dives through a hole, if I'm a defender I'm making his helmet hit me and calling foul- it's a 15 yard penalty and loss of down... this may be the straw that breaks the camels back. Football is dead.
Your head is in between both of your shoulders that you've been taught to hit with... what the Shmuck are you supposed to do? If a ball carrier dives through a hole, if I'm a defender I'm making his helmet hit me and calling foul- it's a 15 yard penalty and loss of down... this may be the straw that breaks the camels back. Football is dead.
So let me get this straight...
You can see red flags regarding the NFL's future, but are completely unable to see that Josh Gordon will never consistently help the Browns or that Kevin Hogan is considered at best a backup QB... Interesting.
-
have ya seen this? https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/Fact-Sheet---Use-of-the-Helmet.aspx how does a position coach, even coach this nonsense.. Somewhere Earl Campbell is laughing. Head on a swivel? hell put them in Ninja Turtle Suits with descending Necks..
-
Wow this is going to suck. One of eight plays seems like a penalty during this preseason game.
-
Wow this is going to suck. One of eight plays seems like a penalty during this preseason game.
Wow this is going to suck. One of eight plays seems like a penalty during this preseason game.
That's why there is a pre-season. The rule was needed... it just a James Harrison too late.
Will be called very tightly and then "refined' thru the season. The one HOF game hit at the goal had to be more "defenseless WR"...and was a bad call on that count IMO.
Someday soon the helmets will be wired to determine the degree to which it delivered the force of the hit. Until then there will have to be replay reviews as there is in College.
-
Wow this is going to suck. One of eight plays seems like a penalty during this preseason game.
That's why there is a pre-season. The rule was needed... it just a James Harrison too late.
Will be called very tightly and then "refined' thru the season. The one HOF game hit at the goal had to be more "defenseless WR"...and was a bad call on that count IMO.
Someday soon the helmets will be wired to determine the degree to which it delivered the force of the hit. Until then there will have to be replay reviews as there is in College.
That's why there is a pre-season. The rule was needed... it just a James Harrison too late.
Will be called very tightly and then "refined' thru the season. The one HOF game hit at the goal had to be more "defenseless WR"...and was a bad call on that count IMO.
Someday soon the helmets will be wired to determine the degree to which it delivered the force of the hit. Until then there will have to be replay reviews as there is in College.
And helmet cams built in with the impact detector. Easy peasy.
-
Maybe a cookie and milk dispensor on the sidelines if they need a timeout.
-
Maybe a cookie and milk dispensor on the sidelines if they need a timeout.
Maybe a cookie and milk dispensor on the sidelines if they need a timeout.
After Huey abused the timeouts last year, they were abolished for the Browns to prevent further embarrassment.?
-
this is going to be a disastrous season for football. This new rule is insane. Ill admit i didnt follow this much during the offseason, i wanted a break from football period after 1-32 fir 2 seasons. Seeing this now, i dont know how football survives.
The ease with which the passing game can commence now is just stupid.
-
this is going to be a disastrous season for football. This new rule is insane. Ill admit i didnt follow this much during the offseason, i wanted a break from football period after 1-32 fir 2 seasons. Seeing this now, i dont know how football survives.
The ease with which the passing game can commence now is just stupid.
this is going to be a disastrous season for football. This new rule is insane. Ill admit i didnt follow this much during the offseason, i wanted a break from football period after 1-32 fir 2 seasons. Seeing this now, i dont know how football survives.
The ease with which the passing game can commence now is just stupid.
Not good timing if that happens.
-
It wont last.
When the cat got out of the bag (concussions are VERY bad for you....and football players get them A LOT) there was no putting it back in the bag.
The NFL gets it's primary resource (human resource) from children growing up playing football. Once parents understood (the cat out of the bag) then the NFL had NO CHOICE but to try and make the game less dangerous. Especially with respect to the brain. I'm not even sure that the NFL will be able to DO enough to keep overall society content.
-
It wont last.
When the cat got out of the bag (concussions are VERY bad for you....and football players get them A LOT) there was no putting it back in the bag.
The NFL gets it's primary resource (human resource) from children growing up playing football. Once parents understood (the cat out of the bag) then the NFL had NO CHOICE but to try and make the game less dangerous. Especially with respect to the brain. I'm not even sure that the NFL will be able to DO enough to keep overall society content.
When the cat got out of the bag (concussions are VERY bad for you....and football players get them A LOT) there was no putting it back in the bag.
The NFL gets it's primary resource (human resource) from children growing up playing football. Once parents understood (the cat out of the bag) then the NFL had NO CHOICE but to try and make the game less dangerous. Especially with respect to the brain. I'm not even sure that the NFL will be able to DO enough to keep overall society content.
Lots of times QBs get concussions just being pushed down and having their heads hit the turf.
They will never prevent brain injuries from occurring.
-
When the cat got out of the bag (concussions are VERY bad for you....and football players get them A LOT) there was no putting it back in the bag.
The NFL gets it's primary resource (human resource) from children growing up playing football. Once parents understood (the cat out of the bag) then the NFL had NO CHOICE but to try and make the game less dangerous. Especially with respect to the brain. I'm not even sure that the NFL will be able to DO enough to keep overall society content.
Lots of times QBs get concussions just being pushed down and having their heads hit the turf.
They will never prevent brain injuries from occurring.
Lots of times QBs get concussions just being pushed down and having their heads hit the turf.
They will never prevent brain injuries from occurring.
Therein lies the dilemma.
When Greg Robinson was in concussion protocol Hue said, these things happen, it's football. - I'm certain that an NFL marketing man would've cringed hearing that.
I've loved football since I was a little boy (the latter part of Jim Brown's career). I now have two grandboys, 2 and 4 and a half years old respectively. I wouldn't point them towards playing football. It's not good at all for the human body and I couldn't, in good conscience, advise it. But I'll buy them a guitar, or whatever musical instrument they'd like to learn. And they could play tennis, softball, basketball, etc, etc.
-
Lots of times QBs get concussions just being pushed down and having their heads hit the turf.
They will never prevent brain injuries from occurring.
Therein lies the dilemma.
When Greg Robinson was in concussion protocol Hue said, these things happen, it's football. - I'm certain that an NFL marketing man would've cringed hearing that.
I've loved football since I was a little boy (the latter part of Jim Brown's career). I now have two grandboys, 2 and 4 and a half years old respectively. I wouldn't point them towards playing football. It's not good at all for the human body and I couldn't, in good conscience, advise it. But I'll buy them a guitar, or whatever musical instrument they'd like to learn. And they could play tennis, softball, basketball, etc, etc.
Therein lies the dilemma.
When Greg Robinson was in concussion protocol Hue said, these things happen, it's football. - I'm certain that an NFL marketing man would've cringed hearing that.
I've loved football since I was a little boy (the latter part of Jim Brown's career). I now have two grandboys, 2 and 4 and a half years old respectively. I wouldn't point them towards playing football. It's not good at all for the human body and I couldn't, in good conscience, advise it. But I'll buy them a guitar, or whatever musical instrument they'd like to learn. And they could play tennis, softball, basketball, etc, etc.
The NFL has to put on the good face that they are proactive warding off brain injuries for liability purposes.
The game has changed. Today, 200 lb DBs are fast and hit like LBs. There is no way to condition ligaments, connective tissue and brains for this type of impact.
Beginning of 2018 season the NFL will call 20 penalties a game for helmet contact and the product will suffer. End of the season you will see the same penalty called infrequently.
-
When the cat got out of the bag (concussions are VERY bad for you....and football players get them A LOT) there was no putting it back in the bag.
The NFL gets it's primary resource (human resource) from children growing up playing football. Once parents understood (the cat out of the bag) then the NFL had NO CHOICE but to try and make the game less dangerous. Especially with respect to the brain. I'm not even sure that the NFL will be able to DO enough to keep overall society content.
Lots of times QBs get concussions just being pushed down and having their heads hit the turf.
They will never prevent brain injuries from occurring.
Lots of times QBs get concussions just being pushed down and having their heads hit the turf.
They will never prevent brain injuries from occurring.
They can try to cut down on the number or severity of the head injuries -but- it is tackle football people are going to hit people, players are better conditioned to run and hit than ever.
It would be like trying to get rid of fender benders in NASCAR.......and a big reason people watch both, to see the HITS!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login