Trade for Khalil Mack
-
john dorsey doesnt mess around if he really is looking to improve the team any way possible he should call and see.
I dont know if it would work out salary cap wise in the next couple years with mack and garrett are going to be $100+ million contract players.
-
john dorsey doesnt mess around if he really is looking to improve the team any way possible he should call and see.
I dont know if it would work out salary cap wise in the next couple years with mack and garrett are going to be $100+ million contract players.
john dorsey doesnt mess around if he really is looking to improve the team any way possible he should call and see.
I dont know if it would work out salary cap wise in the next couple years with mack and garrett are going to be $100+ million contract players.
That's true, how refreshing to have a football man pulling the levers and now blowing draft after draft.
-
john dorsey doesnt mess around if he really is looking to improve the team any way possible he should call and see.
I dont know if it would work out salary cap wise in the next couple years with mack and garrett are going to be $100+ million contract players.
That's true, how refreshing to have a football man pulling the levers and now blowing draft after draft.
That's true, how refreshing to have a football man pulling the levers and now blowing draft after draft.
the thing i like is he is trying to make a good football team with good football players. He isnt worried about number crunching and winning contracts/deals. kendricks is a perfect signing i dont think sashi would have signed him. dorsey seen a chance to make a good LB group potentially great.
-
Reports are Oakland has made no progress on contract talks and he is likely to miss regular season games. If we can get him under long term would you give Ogbah and a 2nd round pick for him? I certainly would. Our D would be legendary status. Would that be enough to get it done with Gruden?
Reports are Oakland has made no progress on contract talks and he is likely to miss regular season games. If we can get him under long term would you give Ogbah and a 2nd round pick for him? I certainly would. Our D would be legendary status. Would that be enough to get it done with Gruden?
1) We're not trading Ogbah, why would you want to trade a guy on his rookie contract for someone who apparently wants a $21 million dollar cap busting deal?
2) We're not giving up a first round pick either. The Browns aren't one player away from the Super Bowl.
3) Chuckie is smart enough he's going to demand max value for Mack if he can't get him to agree to a long term deal
4) There's already a Mack thread, I'm going to merge it.
-
john dorsey doesnt mess around if he really is looking to improve the team any way possible he should call and see.
I dont know if it would work out salary cap wise in the next couple years with mack and garrett are going to be $100+ million contract players.
john dorsey doesnt mess around if he really is looking to improve the team any way possible he should call and see.
I dont know if it would work out salary cap wise in the next couple years with mack and garrett are going to be $100+ million contract players.
The key is improve the team any way possible within reason. It's why we didn't sign Dez Bryant, and also the reason we're not interested in Mack- he's demanding way too much money- which would wreck the cap when some of our studs like Garrett come off their rookie deals.
-
Reports are Oakland has made no progress on contract talks and he is likely to miss regular season games. If we can get him under long term would you give Ogbah and a 2nd round pick for him? I certainly would. Our D would be legendary status. Would that be enough to get it done with Gruden?
1) We're not trading Ogbah, why would you want to trade a guy on his rookie contract for someone who apparently wants a $21 million dollar cap busting deal?
2) We're not giving up a first round pick either. The Browns aren't one player away from the Super Bowl.
3) Chuckie is smart enough he's going to demand max value for Mack if he can't get him to agree to a long term deal
4) There's already a Mack thread, I'm going to merge it.
1) We're not trading Ogbah, why would you want to trade a guy on his rookie contract for someone who apparently wants a $21 million dollar cap busting deal?
2) We're not giving up a first round pick either. The Browns aren't one player away from the Super Bowl.
3) Chuckie is smart enough he's going to demand max value for Mack if he can't get him to agree to a long term deal
4) There's already a Mack thread, I'm going to merge it.
1) Because he’s 100 times better and would make us elite along with Garrett for the next 4+ years. 2) Doesn’t matter if we are one player away, he’d be around until we contend. Secondly we may contend for playoffs this year 3) agree but a bird in th hand is better than a Mack home on the couch. 4) my bad lol merge away
-
i was a mack honk before any of u were. Even the great ghoolie missed that one. I was pettine was going to get his star 34 olb'er, but he dropped back and took gilbert. That being said, the price now is too high. We have some young studs we're gonna need money in order to retain.
Now if he was willing to come here for ~$15m or so......or if we could frontload some money now so we're good when the young guys come off rookie deals. Maybe
-
I'm not a big fan of the player that thinks he's gotta get so much money that he cripples his own team.....or a new team. I just don't see it as being a 'team player'.
I'm not a big fan of the player that thinks he's gotta get so much money that he cripples his own team.....or a new team. I just don't see it as being a 'team player'.
Considering a player can have a career ending, life altering injury at any moment, I have no issue with someone trying to get as much as they can.
-
I'm not a big fan of the player that thinks he's gotta get so much money that he cripples his own team.....or a new team. I just don't see it as being a 'team player'.
Considering a player can have a career ending, life altering injury at any moment, I have no issue with someone trying to get as much as they can.
Considering a player can have a career ending, life altering injury at any moment, I have no issue with someone trying to get as much as they can.
i agree with that sentiment.....to a point. Football is too much of a team sport. In basketball, one player can take u into the finals...as we know. In football, too many guys got to be paid. Players can go too far.
-
I'm not a big fan of the player that thinks he's gotta get so much money that he cripples his own team.....or a new team. I just don't see it as being a 'team player'.
Considering a player can have a career ending, life altering injury at any moment, I have no issue with someone trying to get as much as they can.
Considering a player can have a career ending, life altering injury at any moment, I have no issue with someone trying to get as much as they can.
Mack is scheduled to make $13 million this year. It's apparently not enough to make him happy. BTW, the Raiders have cap issues. That's what happens when you give Carr a $125 million contract.
1) Because he’s 100 times better and would make us elite along with Garrett for the next 4+ years. 2) Doesn’t matter if we are one player away, he’d be around until we contend. Secondly we may contend for playoffs this year 3) agree but a bird in th hand is better than a Mack home on the couch. 4) my bad lol merge away
1) You don't know that, as far as him making the Browns an elite D. 2) Throwing huge money at Mack? So what happened when the Dolphins gave Suh a humongous contract?
-
Considering a player can have a career ending, life altering injury at any moment, I have no issue with someone trying to get as much as they can.
i agree with that sentiment.....to a point. Football is too much of a team sport. In basketball, one player can take u into the finals...as we know. In football, too many guys got to be paid. Players can go too far.
i agree with that sentiment.....to a point. Football is too much of a team sport. In basketball, one player can take u into the finals...as we know. In football, too many guys got to be paid. Players can go too far.
If he goes to far the market will react accordingly. If a GM pays a player so much that it cripples their roster that is on the GM, not the player, IMO.
-
i agree with that sentiment.....to a point. Football is too much of a team sport. In basketball, one player can take u into the finals...as we know. In football, too many guys got to be paid. Players can go too far.
If he goes to far the market will react accordingly. If a GM pays a player so much that it cripples their roster that is on the GM, not the player, IMO.
If he goes to far the market will react accordingly. If a GM pays a player so much that it cripples their roster that is on the GM, not the player, IMO.
i agree, but the player also bares some responsibility. Especially a vet like mack, he's no dummy....he knows how the nfl works at this point.
-
Hey fellas, long time no post.
This is one of those things I have said in the past that just is a pet peeve to me.
"I wouldn't trade x pick for him, look at what we COULD get." True. Could get a great player, or could get Gilbert. Maybe not at 8, but it's not like Gilbert was going to be a low pick, he still would have been a 1st rounder. I did see him as a bust because of his skills, but that is beside the point.
Mack IS PROVEN. As in Defensive Player of the year proven.
I am not talking about the guys who are saying something about his salary, even though you get what you pay for, again DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR.
I'm talking about people who cover picks more than proven. If Mack were in the past draft with his tape from NFL, it wouldn't have been a question on #1. But but but, the LT from Alabama COULD be good
Hey fellas, long time no post.
This is one of those things I have said in the past that just is a pet peeve to me.
"I wouldn't trade x pick for him, look at what we COULD get." True. Could get a great player, or could get Gilbert. Maybe not at 8, but it's not like Gilbert was going to be a low pick, he still would have been a 1st rounder. I did see him as a bust because of his skills, but that is beside the point.
Mack IS PROVEN. As in Defensive Player of the year proven.
I am not talking about the guys who are saying something about his salary, even though you get what you pay for, again DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR.
I'm talking about people who cover picks more than proven. If Mack were in the past draft with his tape from NFL, it wouldn't have been a question on #1. But but but, the LT from Alabama COULD be good
Welcome back, Gunz...
I'm not willing to assume misses in the draft and while I discount need,I do not ignore it completely.
As for pass-rushers...there's a pretty good list of elite to near-elite ones who have been selected after the 1st round.
That said, I was shocked when Mack was there when we had the 4th pick (IIRC it was the Bortles surprise that left him on the Board). I'd been a Watkins guy up 'til that moment. I converted very quickly only to be crushed when we traded down to take a CB that honestly was not even on my radar.
john dorsey doesnt mess around if he really is looking to improve the team any way possible he should call and see.
I dont know if it would work out salary cap wise in the next couple years with mack and garrett are going to be $100+ million contract players.
Agree... you have to call... but the price is going to be ridiculously high early. Keeping a player's rights is the only leverage a team has so the price is not exactly enticing.
i was a mack honk before any of u were.
Ahem... two years of U of Buffalo here...
I'm not a big fan of the player that thinks he's gotta get so much money that he cripples his own team.....or a new team. I just don't see it as being a 'team player'.
Child, please... Did you ever turn down a raise for the good of the company? To keep in line with your peers? Didn't think so.
This is his shot to cash.
-
yeah i rem tour, it was like us and one other guy...maybe tia? in any case, he's making 13m right now? he's not on his rookie contract anymore right?
-
i agree with that sentiment.....to a point. Football is too much of a team sport. In basketball, one player can take u into the finals...as we know. In football, too many guys got to be paid. Players can go too far.
If he goes to far the market will react accordingly. If a GM pays a player so much that it cripples their roster that is on the GM, not the player, IMO.
If he goes to far the market will react accordingly. If a GM pays a player so much that it cripples their roster that is on the GM, not the player, IMO.
I heard this on the radio this morning: that Jon Gruden is actually the guy with the say so on Mack's contract, not the GM McKenzie, or even the owner Mark Davis. And Jon has been talking to his brother Jay....who as you know is the HC of the Redskins. Recall that it is the Redskins that twice put the franchise tag on Kirk Cousins. It was speculated that the Raiders may do the same with Mack: Make him play out his contract he has, then do a double franchise tag on him for two years beyond that.
-
If he goes to far the market will react accordingly. If a GM pays a player so much that it cripples their roster that is on the GM, not the player, IMO.
i agree, but the player also bares some responsibility. Especially a vet like mack, he's no dummy....he knows how the nfl works at this point.
i agree, but the player also bares some responsibility. Especially a vet like mack, he's no dummy....he knows how the nfl works at this point.
Which is exactly why he should get as much as he can. "Not For Long" and all that
-
thays fine but if he bitches then that tge raiders dont play meaningful games in december cause theres not enough talent around him......
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login