Skip to content

Kendricks insider trading?

The Browns Board
66 29 1.9k
  • Ha 

    Kind of refreshing to have an athlete busted for something other than dope weapons or beating the fuk out of his old lady.

    WSS

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #39

    @westside-steve said:

    Ha 

    Kind of refreshing to have an athlete busted for something other than dope weapons or beating the fuk out of his old lady.

    WSS

    We can't have nice things 😁 (by Novem--burr am booing these guys! ??)

  • https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/8/29/17798462/browns-release-lb-mychal-kendricks

    Wow. The official statement from the Browns is a bit cryptic. Along the lines of “we thought we knew what we were getting into, then found out some other things, so screw this...”

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @ibleedbrown said:

    https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/8/29/17798462/browns-release-lb-mychal-kendricks

    Wow. The official statement from the Browns is a bit cryptic. Along the lines of “we thought we knew what we were getting into, then found out some other things, so screw this...”

    I mean I believe Dorsey at face value on this. NFL players get duped on money all the time, and at the time of signing it seems apparent no one knew he was not more than a victim. I mean maybe I'm forgetting something, but when have you ever seen something like this? Of course it would happen to the Browns though haha.

    Ultimately he was a good depth player but this isn't earth shattering news. I will be very interested to check the cuts though to see if we can't add that depth back somewhere.

  • End of story....Browns cut him last night.

    Mike

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @canton-mike said:

    End of story....Browns cut him last night.

    Mike

    So?  What does that tell us....such that Dorsey was not willing even to wait until there has been a sentencing recommendation?  That Dorsey view this "white collar crime" as serious as, say an offense of violence?    Or does it tell us that he just didn't see where this guy was any better than the several other LBs that he was competing against, and that his conviction here gave Dorsey an easy out an an easy way to do a necessary roster trim?

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #42

    Fed prosecutors apparently are throwing the book at Mychal and his Goldman analyst stock-tip buddy ; both face up to 25 years.

    I'm guessing Dorsey didn't want any part of the notion that he kept Kendricks around after finding all this out..

  • chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #43

    if you read up on it Gip, Dorsey said in a more round about way that Kendricks and his agent mislead them on the severity of his involvement, and thats why he was released.

  • if you read up on it Gip, Dorsey said in a more round about way that Kendricks and his agent mislead them on the severity of his involvement, and thats why he was released.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @choco said:

    if you read up on it Gip, Dorsey said in a more round about way that Kendricks and his agent mislead them on the severity of his involvement, and thats why he was released.

    Well, OK, perhaps.   I still say that if he was a supreme talent, they would have waited, but since perhaps he did not distinguish himself all that much from the players he is competing with for a job, it made it a lot easier to axe him.   

  • chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #45

    this is the very telling portion....

    capture4.png.0bcd98128dcb91215358cba6db5189a0.png

  • @choco said:

    if you read up on it Gip, Dorsey said in a more round about way that Kendricks and his agent mislead them on the severity of his involvement, and thats why he was released.

    Well, OK, perhaps.   I still say that if he was a supreme talent, they would have waited, but since perhaps he did not distinguish himself all that much from the players he is competing with for a job, it made it a lot easier to axe him.   

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, OK, perhaps.   I still say that if he was a supreme talent, they would have waited, but since perhaps he did not distinguish himself all that much from the players he is competing with for a job, it made it a lot easier to axe him.   

    My first inclination as well......pro bowl prospect, ah, well let's not rush to judgement just yet.

    BUT I do like the way the "new" new BROWNS are being run, a vast improvement over the post 1996 or 1999+ versions. 

  • this is the very telling portion....

    capture4.png.0bcd98128dcb91215358cba6db5189a0.png

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @choco said:

    this is the very telling portion....

    capture4.png.0bcd98128dcb91215358cba6db5189a0.png

    Dorsey was mislead. Big difference in "victim" and "active participant". If you read deeper, Mychal and the broker were talking in code. JD wanted no part of the repercussions. 

  • @choco said:

    this is the very telling portion....

    capture4.png.0bcd98128dcb91215358cba6db5189a0.png

    Dorsey was mislead. Big difference in "victim" and "active participant". If you read deeper, Mychal and the broker were talking in code. JD wanted no part of the repercussions. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @hoorta said:

    Dorsey was mislead. Big difference in "victim" and "active participant". If you read deeper, Mychal and the broker were talking in code. JD wanted no part of the repercussions. 

    And, again, his talent was not worth the wait.   Compare to Josh Gordon.  And, correct me if I am wrong, Josh never actually ever face a "criminal" charge for anything, did he?   Not even possession, ala Calloway.

  • @hoorta said:

    Dorsey was mislead. Big difference in "victim" and "active participant". If you read deeper, Mychal and the broker were talking in code. JD wanted no part of the repercussions. 

    And, again, his talent was not worth the wait.   Compare to Josh Gordon.  And, correct me if I am wrong, Josh never actually ever face a "criminal" charge for anything, did he?   Not even possession, ala Calloway.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @the-gipper said:

    And, again, his talent was not worth the wait.   Compare to Josh Gordon.  And, correct me if I am wrong, Josh never actually ever face a "criminal" charge for anything, did he?   Not even possession, ala Calloway.

    IIRC Gip, Josh did get busted for a DUI.  But that's 3 days of drunk school and a $500 fine at worst, as opposed to the potential of multiple years in the Federal Slammer.  

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #50

    Did I see correctly that Kendricks admitted guilt after all?

    athletic talent > brain talent

  • Did I see correctly that Kendricks admitted guilt after all?

    athletic talent > brain talent

    chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @calfoxwc said:

    Did I see correctly that Kendricks admitted guilt after all?

    athletic talent > brain talent

    he did.  "i knew it was illegal" kinda flies in the face of being a victim...

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #52

    dorsey appears to be a man who's in no mood for bullsht. I hope players took note

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #53

    I hope he has to return his signing bonus.

  • dorsey appears to be a man who's in no mood for bullsht. I hope players took note

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @clevfan4life said:

    dorsey appears to be a man who's in no mood for bullsht. I hope players took note

    ya he's still pissed about Bakers parody of him

  • @the-gipper said:

    And, again, his talent was not worth the wait.   Compare to Josh Gordon.  And, correct me if I am wrong, Josh never actually ever face a "criminal" charge for anything, did he?   Not even possession, ala Calloway.

    IIRC Gip, Josh did get busted for a DUI.  But that's 3 days of drunk school and a $500 fine at worst, as opposed to the potential of multiple years in the Federal Slammer.  

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @hoorta said:

    IIRC Gip, Josh did get busted for a DUI.  But that's 3 days of drunk school and a $500 fine at worst, as opposed to the potential of multiple years in the Federal Slammer.  

    Don't forget the 6 month license suspension for the DUI,   plus the $475.00 reinstatement fees. Plus, there is what we call the "hard time" suspension...i.e. the time that you cannot have driving privileges.  (10 days for a blow,  30 for a refusal).  Plus whatever your insurance will do to you.  Plus attorney fees if you decide to hire one.  In Ohio, on a first time only it is not mandatory to have "party plates"...or do do the ignition interlock system....though....some courts/judges can require those even on a first time offense.  

    So....getting a DUI can cost a lot of money....and be very, very inconvenient.

    It is not an insubstantial penalty.   Getting popped for weed is much less of a detriment.   You have  max  $150.00 fine, plus the license suspension (which is really just  a F8ck you penalty set up by the legislature).

  • I hope he has to return his signing bonus.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @calfoxwc said:

    I hope he has to return his signing bonus.

    How much did he get?   I would think it highly possible that that would have to be returned.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well, OK, perhaps.   I still say that if he was a supreme talent, they would have waited, but since perhaps he did not distinguish himself all that much from the players he is competing with for a job, it made it a lot easier to axe him.   

    My first inclination as well......pro bowl prospect, ah, well let's not rush to judgement just yet.

    BUT I do like the way the "new" new BROWNS are being run, a vast improvement over the post 1996 or 1999+ versions. 

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @mjp28 said:

    My first inclination as well......pro bowl prospect, ah, well let's not rush to judgement just yet.

    BUT I do like the way the "new" new BROWNS are being run, a vast improvement over the post 1996 or 1999+ versions. 

    Agree!

    Mike

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I hope he has to return his signing bonus.

    How much did he get?   I would think it highly possible that that would have to be returned.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @the-gipper said:

    How much did he get?   I would think it highly possible that that would have to be returned.

    500K signing bonus falls to dead cap or...