Skip to content

Josh Gordon Traded to Pats

The Browns Board
853 73 21.3k 2
  • @mark-o said:

    Kendricks who?  The guy who's going to jail?

    Who Shmucking cares about him.   He's gone.

    The one who won the Superbowl last year and who is now in Seattle with a deal. 

    It's cool we don't need good players in Cleveland- we root for the TEAM- lose or tie. 

    Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    The one who won the Superbowl last year and who is now in Seattle with a deal. 

    It's cool we don't need good players in Cleveland- we root for the TEAM- lose or tie. 

    Ahh, I thought I watched the Super Bowl, I guess I didnt since apparently Kendricks won the game for them.

    I actually have zero problem with you liking certain players. And even less problem with looking at a player for his talent level. That is what fans do. Me, while I try to remember to think of the man first and try not to I look at it with a coaches eyes, which isnt nearly as fun.

    But what I dont understand, not like I have a real problem with it, is overvaluing players and just completely talking bad about a team you supposedly like. It's just like saying Barkley was the best ever, and now so much about Gordon. They have A LOT of talent, but Barkley cant single handedly win a game (which has been shown), and Gordon cant be relied upon. Yes he played a few games last year, and the 1st game this year. Before that it had been over 2 years, and then he misses last week. 

    So in the coaches mind, whether a great or terrible coach, has designs on prep that they put in. And you said how much better he is than the others, which is true, but exactly how do you replace what you have worked on all week when he suddenly cant play, whether 1 game or the year?

    Unfortunately, things arent always on who has the most talent. There are a whole lot of other things to consider

  • Hm, imagine if our first pick of the draft was actually playing on Sunday instead of watching helpless from the sideline like Gordon. Sheet, we should just release Baker since we can't trust him to win games or show up on gameday. It's not like we're paying him millions of dollars to watch Tie-rod lose on Sunday... oh, wait....

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    Hm, imagine if our first pick of the draft was actually playing on Sunday instead of watching helpless from the sideline like Gordon. Sheet, we should just release Baker since we can't trust him to win games or show up on gameday. It's not like we're paying him millions of dollars to watch Tie-rod lose on Sunday... oh, wait....

    Why are you all so hell bent on ruining qb's? Baker doesn't need to start as tyrod is plenty capable.  Do you think baker is going to go out and perform substantially better than tyrod as a rookie? Let the f*cking kid develop behind tyrod so when he does start he's actually ready for a change.

  • @poeticg said:

    The one who won the Superbowl last year and who is now in Seattle with a deal. 

    It's cool we don't need good players in Cleveland- we root for the TEAM- lose or tie. 

    Ahh, I thought I watched the Super Bowl, I guess I didnt since apparently Kendricks won the game for them.

    I actually have zero problem with you liking certain players. And even less problem with looking at a player for his talent level. That is what fans do. Me, while I try to remember to think of the man first and try not to I look at it with a coaches eyes, which isnt nearly as fun.

    But what I dont understand, not like I have a real problem with it, is overvaluing players and just completely talking bad about a team you supposedly like. It's just like saying Barkley was the best ever, and now so much about Gordon. They have A LOT of talent, but Barkley cant single handedly win a game (which has been shown), and Gordon cant be relied upon. Yes he played a few games last year, and the 1st game this year. Before that it had been over 2 years, and then he misses last week. 

    So in the coaches mind, whether a great or terrible coach, has designs on prep that they put in. And you said how much better he is than the others, which is true, but exactly how do you replace what you have worked on all week when he suddenly cant play, whether 1 game or the year?

    Unfortunately, things arent always on who has the most talent. There are a whole lot of other things to consider

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    @gunz41 said:

    Ahh, I thought I watched the Super Bowl, I guess I didnt since apparently Kendricks won the game for them.

    I actually have zero problem with you liking certain players. And even less problem with looking at a player for his talent level. That is what fans do. Me, while I try to remember to think of the man first and try not to I look at it with a coaches eyes, which isnt nearly as fun.

    But what I dont understand, not like I have a real problem with it, is overvaluing players and just completely talking bad about a team you supposedly like. It's just like saying Barkley was the best ever, and now so much about Gordon. They have A LOT of talent, but Barkley cant single handedly win a game (which has been shown), and Gordon cant be relied upon. Yes he played a few games last year, and the 1st game this year. Before that it had been over 2 years, and then he misses last week. 

    So in the coaches mind, whether a great or terrible coach, has designs on prep that they put in. And you said how much better he is than the others, which is true, but exactly how do you replace what you have worked on all week when he suddenly cant play, whether 1 game or the year?

    Unfortunately, things arent always on who has the most talent. There are a whole lot of other things to consider

    No there really isn’t.  The Jags are better than the Browns because position by position they have more talent.  Are there positions that are more important, sure, but don’t fool yourself into thinking culture means more than talent.

  • O onkyoreceiver wrote on last edited by

    Per Ian Rappaport, Josh had an MRI on his hamstring today and it's totally fine and he will play/start on Sunday.  How the Shmuck does he get ruled out TWO DAYS ago, and then in TWO DAYS TIME his hamstring is totally fine?

  • O onkyoreceiver wrote on last edited by

    And his hamstring was totally fine on FRIDAY?  And how the Shmuck do you injure a hamstring at a photo shoot anyhow?

  • Per Ian Rappaport, Josh had an MRI on his hamstring today and it's totally fine and he will play/start on Sunday.  How the Shmuck does he get ruled out TWO DAYS ago, and then in TWO DAYS TIME his hamstring is totally fine?

    PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    @onkyoreceiver said:

    Per Ian Rappaport, Josh had an MRI on his hamstring today and it's totally fine and he will play/start on Sunday.  How the Shmuck does he get ruled out TWO DAYS ago, and then in TWO DAYS TIME his hamstring is totally fine?

    Hue and his power trip. This team HATES him. 

  • @poeticg said:

    Hm, imagine if our first pick of the draft was actually playing on Sunday instead of watching helpless from the sideline like Gordon. Sheet, we should just release Baker since we can't trust him to win games or show up on gameday. It's not like we're paying him millions of dollars to watch Tie-rod lose on Sunday... oh, wait....

    Why are you all so hell bent on ruining qb's? Baker doesn't need to start as tyrod is plenty capable.  Do you think baker is going to go out and perform substantially better than tyrod as a rookie? Let the f*cking kid develop behind tyrod so when he does start he's actually ready for a change.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by BaconHound

    @vagitron said:

    Why are you all so hell bent on ruining qb's? Baker doesn't need to start as tyrod is plenty capable.  Do you think baker is going to go out and perform substantially better than tyrod as a rookie? Let the f*cking kid develop behind tyrod so when he does start he's actually ready for a change.

    I’m in the “don’t get Baker killed” camp but if I’m trumpeting best man for the job and Baker is better than Tyrod and still sitting, how is that received in the locker room?

    worse yet f he isn’t better than Taylor, what does that say about him

  • And his hamstring was totally fine on FRIDAY?  And how the Shmuck do you injure a hamstring at a photo shoot anyhow?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @onkyoreceiver said:

    And his hamstring was totally fine on FRIDAY?  And how the Shmuck do you injure a hamstring at a photo shoot anyhow?

    Its cowpoop. 

    Gordon was fine at practice Friday, shows up late Saturday, then says he hurt his hamstring, then its fine. 

    Just like Gordon's training camp disappearance. 

    The guy is a world-class headcase, and it should be obvious that he wanted nothing to do with being a Cleveland Brown. 

  • @onkyoreceiver said:

    And his hamstring was totally fine on FRIDAY?  And how the Shmuck do you injure a hamstring at a photo shoot anyhow?

    Its cowpoop. 

    Gordon was fine at practice Friday, shows up late Saturday, then says he hurt his hamstring, then its fine. 

    Just like Gordon's training camp disappearance. 

    The guy is a world-class headcase, and it should be obvious that he wanted nothing to do with being a Cleveland Brown. 

    PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Its cowpoop. 

    Gordon was fine at practice Friday, shows up late Saturday, then says he hurt his hamstring, then its fine. 

    Just like Gordon's training camp disappearance. 

    The guy is a world-class headcase, and it should be obvious that he wanted nothing to do with being a Cleveland Brown. 

    Maybe he didn't want anything to do with Hue. Shmucking joke butt piece of garbage. Can't inspire, can't lead, can't win. Trash.

  • @onkyoreceiver said:

    And his hamstring was totally fine on FRIDAY?  And how the Shmuck do you injure a hamstring at a photo shoot anyhow?

    Its cowpoop. 

    Gordon was fine at practice Friday, shows up late Saturday, then says he hurt his hamstring, then its fine. 

    Just like Gordon's training camp disappearance. 

    The guy is a world-class headcase, and it should be obvious that he wanted nothing to do with being a Cleveland Brown. 

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    The guy is a world-class headcase, and it should be obvious that he wanted nothing to do with being a Cleveland Brown. 

    Its obvious to everyone except for the fans who don't pay attention to such things and think the Browns should continue to kiss this guys ass.   They're the same people who are blame the team for players leaving as a free agent.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    The guy is a world-class headcase, and it should be obvious that he wanted nothing to do with being a Cleveland Brown. 

    Its obvious to everyone except for the fans who don't pay attention to such things and think the Browns should continue to kiss this guys ass.   They're the same people who are blame the team for players leaving as a free agent.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @mark-o said:

    Its obvious to everyone except for the fans who don't pay attention to such things and think the Browns should continue to kiss this guys butt.   They're the same people who are blame the team for players leaving as a free agent.

    Enablers. 

    I'm actually enjoying the butthurt from Gordon fanboys. 

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by

    Look at the whack job they have created in pittspuke with AB...probably more hated than lev bell

  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS

    He didn’t wanna be a Brown. Who gives a sh**. He did what’s best for him and his career. Time to move on

    I just hope Cleveland gets a chance to play against him...

  • F FALCON7 wrote on last edited by FALCON7

    Brady's magic Dr/guru or whatever, will hook Gordon up with "everything he needs"... Those Pats are sneaky shits!

  • Brady's magic Dr/guru or whatever, will hook Gordon up with "everything he needs"... Those Pats are sneaky shits!

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by

    @falcon7 said:

    Brady's magic Dr/guru or whatever will hook Gordon up with "everything he needs"... Those Pats are sneaky shits!

    If he tries any the crap he did here he will be gone.  Bellichek dont play around

  • @mark-o said:

    Its obvious to everyone except for the fans who don't pay attention to such things and think the Browns should continue to kiss this guys butt.   They're the same people who are blame the team for players leaving as a free agent.

    Enablers. 

    I'm actually enjoying the butthurt from Gordon fanboys. 

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Enablers. 

    I'm actually enjoying the butthurt from Gordon fanboys. 

    He is a absurd talent finally on the mend and they trade him to the pats for a 5th. It's moronic.

  • @gunz41 said:

    Ahh, I thought I watched the Super Bowl, I guess I didnt since apparently Kendricks won the game for them.

    I actually have zero problem with you liking certain players. And even less problem with looking at a player for his talent level. That is what fans do. Me, while I try to remember to think of the man first and try not to I look at it with a coaches eyes, which isnt nearly as fun.

    But what I dont understand, not like I have a real problem with it, is overvaluing players and just completely talking bad about a team you supposedly like. It's just like saying Barkley was the best ever, and now so much about Gordon. They have A LOT of talent, but Barkley cant single handedly win a game (which has been shown), and Gordon cant be relied upon. Yes he played a few games last year, and the 1st game this year. Before that it had been over 2 years, and then he misses last week. 

    So in the coaches mind, whether a great or terrible coach, has designs on prep that they put in. And you said how much better he is than the others, which is true, but exactly how do you replace what you have worked on all week when he suddenly cant play, whether 1 game or the year?

    Unfortunately, things arent always on who has the most talent. There are a whole lot of other things to consider

    No there really isn’t.  The Jags are better than the Browns because position by position they have more talent.  Are there positions that are more important, sure, but don’t fool yourself into thinking culture means more than talent.

    Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by

    @baconhound said:

    No there really isn’t.  The Jags are better than the Browns because position by position they have more talent.  Are there positions that are more important, sure, but don’t fool yourself into thinking culture means more than talent.

    Alright, you obviously aren't going to listen to anything anybody says. Which is fine. 

    Then what a team needs to do is in the draft take the top 5 LT available, 3 slot receivers, and then sign the top 5 DEs.

    Since it is ALL about talent, play all 5 along the line, put 2 of the slots out wide, and run a 4-3 with 4 DE and 1 at MLB. Since the pass rusher is 2nd most important position, having 5 out there is the best call right

  • @falcon7 said:

    Brady's magic Dr/guru or whatever will hook Gordon up with "everything he needs"... Those Pats are sneaky shits!

    If he tries any the crap he did here he will be gone.  Bellichek dont play around

    F FALCON7 wrote on last edited by

    @kvoethe said:

    If he tries any the crap he did here he will be gone.  Bellichek dont play around

    As long as he helps them win, Billychick won't give a crap.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Enablers. 

    I'm actually enjoying the butthurt from Gordon fanboys. 

    He is a absurd talent finally on the mend and they trade him to the pats for a 5th. It's moronic.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    He is a absurd talent finally on the mend and they trade him to the pats for a 5th. It's moronic.

    Guy misses all of training camp with some made up nonsense and then comes up with a made up hamstring injury that magically fixes itself a day or two later when he's traded to New England. Yep, definitely seems rehabilitated and ready for great things. 

    You are a Steelers fan pissed that New England got him. 

  • @gunz41 said:

    Ahh, I thought I watched the Super Bowl, I guess I didnt since apparently Kendricks won the game for them.

    I actually have zero problem with you liking certain players. And even less problem with looking at a player for his talent level. That is what fans do. Me, while I try to remember to think of the man first and try not to I look at it with a coaches eyes, which isnt nearly as fun.

    But what I dont understand, not like I have a real problem with it, is overvaluing players and just completely talking bad about a team you supposedly like. It's just like saying Barkley was the best ever, and now so much about Gordon. They have A LOT of talent, but Barkley cant single handedly win a game (which has been shown), and Gordon cant be relied upon. Yes he played a few games last year, and the 1st game this year. Before that it had been over 2 years, and then he misses last week. 

    So in the coaches mind, whether a great or terrible coach, has designs on prep that they put in. And you said how much better he is than the others, which is true, but exactly how do you replace what you have worked on all week when he suddenly cant play, whether 1 game or the year?

    Unfortunately, things arent always on who has the most talent. There are a whole lot of other things to consider

    No there really isn’t.  The Jags are better than the Browns because position by position they have more talent.  Are there positions that are more important, sure, but don’t fool yourself into thinking culture means more than talent.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @baconhound said:

    but don’t fool yourself into thinking culture means more than talent.

    The irony of this comment in a thread about Josh Gordon is staggering.