Skip to content

Peppers

The Browns Board
284 44 6.4k 1
  • dont u all rem how good our tackling's been till now? its a sure sign of a fatigued defense. That TNF game was cool and all but those short weeks get to defenses more than offensive players

  • dont u all rem how good our tackling's been till now? its a sure sign of a fatigued defense. That TNF game was cool and all but those short weeks get to defenses more than offensive players

    @clevfan4life said:

    dont u all rem how good our tackling's been till now? its a sure sign of a fatigued defense. That TNF game was cool and all but those short weeks get to defenses more than offensive players

    they had 10 days off after the Jets game.  Time of possession was only a 5 minute difference.  Are these guys that soft that the 5 minutes makes that much difference?  Maybe we need a new conditioning coach if that's the case.  The "defense is tired" excuse is so lame and pathetic, its not like it was a 2 to 1 time of possession like we've seen plenty of times over the years.

  • defense has alot of wear and tear on em first quarter of the season....mainly thanks to tyrods constant 3 and outs. They need a bye week bad. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    defense has alot of wear and tear on em first quarter of the season....mainly thanks to tyrods constant 3 and outs. They need a bye week bad. 

    Good Lord....so that means in your mind its ok the defense blows for the next 2 months because they haven't had a bye week?   They just had 10 fucking days off.   How much more off time do these candy asses need in your mind?   You're Williams kid aren't you?   You defended the defense no matter how bad they were last year as well.   Giving up 45 points (38 points taking away the INT TD) is an atrocious performance.  

  • defense has alot of wear and tear on em first quarter of the season....mainly thanks to tyrods constant 3 and outs. They need a bye week bad. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    defense has alot of wear and tear on em first quarter of the season....mainly thanks to tyrods constant 3 and outs. They need a bye week bad. 

    So....Just to be curious, I went back and looked up the time of possession for each game to see how much "wear and tear" they've had, ignoring the 10 days they just had off.

    Pittspuke game.     Browns were  -30 seconds TOP

    Saints game      Browns  - 5 minutes TOP

    Jets game    Browns were a plus 2 minutes TOP

    Raiders game   Browns were - 5 minutes TOP

    Minus 8 1/2 minutes over 4 games which should hardly be a lot of wear and tear unless you're someone who just has to defend the defense no matter how poorly they play.

  • @mld-woody said:

    I said I wouldn't respond to a ranting, raving, nonsense response. Which is a lot of what I got. But, is this the run you were talking about?

    Video should start at 8:02

    The only one I could see that he might be talking about as in Peppers missed a tackle in the play was at 4 minutes and 10 seconds.

    @bjh2130 said:

    The only one I could see that he might be talking about as in Peppers missed a tackle in the play was at 4 minutes and 10 seconds.

    In his words he was talking about the drive before the TD to Nelson. I found the run he was talking about, Peppers wasn't on the field. Ward was the one that got knocked down. He knows that, and that's why he's continued to ignore me pointing it out because he won't admit he was wrong. Oh well.

    I know I am just going to continue to come off as the Peppers apologist, but I don't see a missed tackle at 4:10. There were a group of defenders around Lynch, and Pep came flying in and took Lynch's legs out, eventually leading to him going to the ground. If anything we should be happy he at least threw his body in front of Lynch because it seemed like some of our players wanted nothing to do with that on Sunday 

  • Peppers wasn't the reason we lost.  Much like anyone else, he'll be beat on occasion.     That having been said, the position/role he is being asked to play and the manner in which he can do so is production that, was mentioned April of 2017, can be had without a first round investment.     Jabrill has been OK for us, but that is about it.    Do I expect his 5th year option to be picked up?  Not so far.    But that doesn't mean these threads are warranted.     

    The offense and their turnovers, plus the special teams turnover, was the reason for the loss yesterday.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    Peppers wasn't the reason we lost.  Much like anyone else, he'll be beat on occasion.     That having been said, the position/role he is being asked to play and the manner in which he can do so is production that, was mentioned April of 2017, can be had without a first round investment.     Jabrill has been OK for us, but that is about it.    Do I expect his 5th year option to be picked up?  Not so far.    But that doesn't mean these threads are warranted.     

    The offense and their turnovers, plus the special teams turnover, was the reason for the loss yesterday.  

    What a fair and measured response. Thank you. I don't agree with all of it, but at least it isn't the typical "CUT PEPPERS HE'S TERRIBLE WHAT A BUST!" nonsense we see far too often on here. Like we have a section of the fanbase waiting and rooting for him to make the tiniest mistakes so they can pounce. Again, I will say that PFF rated him as our highest rated defender against the Saints. This idea that, because one TD was given up in front of him that may or may not have been his fault, he's now the worst player ever, is laughable. 

    Peppers  actually played a lot less snaps in this game than Kindred. They had been rotating, but he was getting more. I'm not sure if Williams thought Kindred was a better matchup, Williams essentially benched Peppers, or if Peppers was hurt. I think he only had 30 something snaps. 

    Returning though... I'm not sure what's going on. He was a very electric and creative returner in college. He added weight to play safety in the NFL and lost his 4.3 speed, but he was still in the 4.4 rang at the combine. It has been pretty uninspiring back there. But at this point, with all of the ST's issues  we're having, I'm not sure how much blocking he;s getting either. It is something that's hard to see from the broadcast angle, but it feels like something we aren't doing that good of a job with. On punts I get it because he's  sure handed, but if they want to try a WR or something on the kick returns it might make sense. If I remember correctly Peppers wasn't our main kick returner last year. 

  • On his returns he just looks hesitant and lacking in confidence...and the opposition sense it. On the flip side...watch other teams v us on returns...they get it and run, at speed, make bold moves and keep going forward, it all stems from how the returner sets off imo.

  • Josh Cribbs knew how to both cover and return kicks pretty good. Maybe Peppers or the most excellent coaches we have could scrounge up some film and study it. Unless they're satisfied with the play of course.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Peppers wasn't the reason we lost.  Much like anyone else, he'll be beat on occasion.     That having been said, the position/role he is being asked to play and the manner in which he can do so is production that, was mentioned April of 2017, can be had without a first round investment.     Jabrill has been OK for us, but that is about it.    Do I expect his 5th year option to be picked up?  Not so far.    But that doesn't mean these threads are warranted.     

    The offense and their turnovers, plus the special teams turnover, was the reason for the loss yesterday.  

    What a fair and measured response. Thank you. I don't agree with all of it, but at least it isn't the typical "CUT PEPPERS HE'S TERRIBLE WHAT A BUST!" nonsense we see far too often on here. Like we have a section of the fanbase waiting and rooting for him to make the tiniest mistakes so they can pounce. Again, I will say that PFF rated him as our highest rated defender against the Saints. This idea that, because one TD was given up in front of him that may or may not have been his fault, he's now the worst player ever, is laughable. 

    Peppers  actually played a lot less snaps in this game than Kindred. They had been rotating, but he was getting more. I'm not sure if Williams thought Kindred was a better matchup, Williams essentially benched Peppers, or if Peppers was hurt. I think he only had 30 something snaps. 

    Returning though... I'm not sure what's going on. He was a very electric and creative returner in college. He added weight to play safety in the NFL and lost his 4.3 speed, but he was still in the 4.4 rang at the combine. It has been pretty uninspiring back there. But at this point, with all of the ST's issues  we're having, I'm not sure how much blocking he;s getting either. It is something that's hard to see from the broadcast angle, but it feels like something we aren't doing that good of a job with. On punts I get it because he's  sure handed, but if they want to try a WR or something on the kick returns it might make sense. If I remember correctly Peppers wasn't our main kick returner last year. 

    @mld-woody said:

    What a fair and measured response. Thank you. I don't agree with all of it, but at least it isn't the typical "CUT PEPPERS HE'S TERRIBLE WHAT A BUST!" nonsense we see far too often on here. Like we have a section of the fanbase waiting and rooting for him to make the tiniest mistakes so they can pounce. Again, I will say that PFF rated him as our highest rated defender against the Saints. This idea that, because one TD was given up in front of him that may or may not have been his fault, he's now the worst player ever, is laughable. 

    Peppers  actually played a lot less snaps in this game than Kindred. They had been rotating, but he was getting more. I'm not sure if Williams thought Kindred was a better matchup, Williams essentially benched Peppers, or if Peppers was hurt. I think he only had 30 something snaps. 

    Returning though... I'm not sure what's going on. He was a very electric and creative returner in college. He added weight to play safety in the NFL and lost his 4.3 speed, but he was still in the 4.4 rang at the combine. It has been pretty uninspiring back there. But at this point, with all of the ST's issues  we're having, I'm not sure how much blocking he;s getting either. It is something that's hard to see from the broadcast angle, but it feels like something we aren't doing that good of a job with. On punts I get it because he's  sure handed, but if they want to try a WR or something on the kick returns it might make sense. If I remember correctly Peppers wasn't our main kick returner last year. 

    I still support Peppers, but he seems to be very tentative on returns. I'm mystified how such an aggressive player, who acted so instinctively in the past (on returns), is now so hesitant. Is he being "over coached", can't grasp a pro system, or has he just lost confidence? Can he be made, or IS he, a Josh Cribbs project? We'll see, but his return to his college form in the return game is very important.

    Mike

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Peppers wasn't the reason we lost.  Much like anyone else, he'll be beat on occasion.     That having been said, the position/role he is being asked to play and the manner in which he can do so is production that, was mentioned April of 2017, can be had without a first round investment.     Jabrill has been OK for us, but that is about it.    Do I expect his 5th year option to be picked up?  Not so far.    But that doesn't mean these threads are warranted.     

    The offense and their turnovers, plus the special teams turnover, was the reason for the loss yesterday.  

    What a fair and measured response. Thank you. I don't agree with all of it, but at least it isn't the typical "CUT PEPPERS HE'S TERRIBLE WHAT A BUST!" nonsense we see far too often on here. Like we have a section of the fanbase waiting and rooting for him to make the tiniest mistakes so they can pounce. Again, I will say that PFF rated him as our highest rated defender against the Saints. This idea that, because one TD was given up in front of him that may or may not have been his fault, he's now the worst player ever, is laughable. 

    Peppers  actually played a lot less snaps in this game than Kindred. They had been rotating, but he was getting more. I'm not sure if Williams thought Kindred was a better matchup, Williams essentially benched Peppers, or if Peppers was hurt. I think he only had 30 something snaps. 

    Returning though... I'm not sure what's going on. He was a very electric and creative returner in college. He added weight to play safety in the NFL and lost his 4.3 speed, but he was still in the 4.4 rang at the combine. It has been pretty uninspiring back there. But at this point, with all of the ST's issues  we're having, I'm not sure how much blocking he;s getting either. It is something that's hard to see from the broadcast angle, but it feels like something we aren't doing that good of a job with. On punts I get it because he's  sure handed, but if they want to try a WR or something on the kick returns it might make sense. If I remember correctly Peppers wasn't our main kick returner last year. 

    @mld-woody said:

    What a fair and measured response. Thank you. I don't agree with all of it, but at least it isn't the typical "CUT PEPPERS HE'S TERRIBLE WHAT A BUST!" nonsense we see far too often on here. Like we have a section of the fanbase waiting and rooting for him to make the tiniest mistakes so they can pounce. Again, I will say that PFF rated him as our highest rated defender against the Saints. This idea that, because one TD was given up in front of him that may or may not have been his fault, he's now the worst player ever, is laughable. 

    Peppers  actually played a lot less snaps in this game than Kindred. They had been rotating, but he was getting more. I'm not sure if Williams thought Kindred was a better matchup, Williams essentially benched Peppers, or if Peppers was hurt. I think he only had 30 something snaps. 

    Returning though... I'm not sure what's going on. He was a very electric and creative returner in college. He added weight to play safety in the NFL and lost his 4.3 speed, but he was still in the 4.4 rang at the combine. It has been pretty uninspiring back there. But at this point, with all of the ST's issues  we're having, I'm not sure how much blocking he;s getting either. It is something that's hard to see from the broadcast angle, but it feels like something we aren't doing that good of a job with. On punts I get it because he's  sure handed, but if they want to try a WR or something on the kick returns it might make sense. If I remember correctly Peppers wasn't our main kick returner last year. 

    This to me is the problem-put simply dude just looks slow out there. Callaway is a 4.4 guy and is blowing past people (different context, I know) but Peppers just looks slow. It almost makes me wonder if he's got a nagging injury or something, but he's becoming more of an issue each week. It may be blocking to a point, but when no one is near a guy we gotta be getting 10-12 yards out of it.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Peppers wasn't the reason we lost.  Much like anyone else, he'll be beat on occasion.     That having been said, the position/role he is being asked to play and the manner in which he can do so is production that, was mentioned April of 2017, can be had without a first round investment.     Jabrill has been OK for us, but that is about it.    Do I expect his 5th year option to be picked up?  Not so far.    But that doesn't mean these threads are warranted.     

    The offense and their turnovers, plus the special teams turnover, was the reason for the loss yesterday.  

    What a fair and measured response. Thank you. I don't agree with all of it, but at least it isn't the typical "CUT PEPPERS HE'S TERRIBLE WHAT A BUST!" nonsense we see far too often on here. Like we have a section of the fanbase waiting and rooting for him to make the tiniest mistakes so they can pounce. Again, I will say that PFF rated him as our highest rated defender against the Saints. This idea that, because one TD was given up in front of him that may or may not have been his fault, he's now the worst player ever, is laughable. 

    Peppers  actually played a lot less snaps in this game than Kindred. They had been rotating, but he was getting more. I'm not sure if Williams thought Kindred was a better matchup, Williams essentially benched Peppers, or if Peppers was hurt. I think he only had 30 something snaps. 

    Returning though... I'm not sure what's going on. He was a very electric and creative returner in college. He added weight to play safety in the NFL and lost his 4.3 speed, but he was still in the 4.4 rang at the combine. It has been pretty uninspiring back there. But at this point, with all of the ST's issues  we're having, I'm not sure how much blocking he;s getting either. It is something that's hard to see from the broadcast angle, but it feels like something we aren't doing that good of a job with. On punts I get it because he's  sure handed, but if they want to try a WR or something on the kick returns it might make sense. If I remember correctly Peppers wasn't our main kick returner last year. 

    @mld-woody said:

    Returning though... I'm not sure what's going on. He was a very electric and creative returner in college. He added weight to play safety in the NFL and lost his 4.3 speed, but he was still in the 4.4 rang at the combine. It has been pretty uninspiring back there. But at this point, with all of the ST's issues  we're having, I'm not sure how much blocking he;s getting either. It is something that's hard to see from the broadcast angle, but it feels like something we aren't doing that good of a job with. On punts I get it because he's  sure handed, but if they want to try a WR or something on the kick returns it might make sense. If I remember correctly Peppers wasn't our main kick returner last year. 

    Could be the blocking...only real issue is the hesitating.  He has gotten less decisive when he catches the kickoffs and that probably costs a few yards.

    On the punt returns, I'm fine with him just fair catching all of them, unless he's letting it go over his head for a touchback inside the 10 yard line.   To me, a punt return fumble is one of the worst turnovers since the defense just did something good and got off the field but instead they are right back on the field because our punt returner was trying to make something happen and fumbled. 

  • @clevfan4life said:

    dont u all rem how good our tackling's been till now? its a sure sign of a fatigued defense. That TNF game was cool and all but those short weeks get to defenses more than offensive players

    they had 10 days off after the Jets game.  Time of possession was only a 5 minute difference.  Are these guys that soft that the 5 minutes makes that much difference?  Maybe we need a new conditioning coach if that's the case.  The "defense is tired" excuse is so lame and pathetic, its not like it was a 2 to 1 time of possession like we've seen plenty of times over the years.

    @mark-o said:

    they had 10 days off after the Jets game.  Time of possession was only a 5 minute difference.  Are these guys that soft that the 5 minutes makes that much difference?  Maybe we need a new conditioning coach if that's the case.  The "defense is tired" excuse is so lame and pathetic, its not like it was a 2 to 1 time of possession like we've seen plenty of times over the years.

    all teams suffer from this periodically throughout the season. Seasoned all star vets and future hof'ers have complained about the TNF turn arounds since they started. Theres a concept in sports physiology called specific damage...ive heard powerlifters give seminars on it. Any minor dmg taken during the saints game was compounded 4 days later against the jets....so 10 days was not enough. Is the team utrerly falling apart? no, they can still get out on the field...but u saw guys on both sides of the ball going down with cramps and pulls. Calloway had to pull up on that long pass and then hobbled off the field.......its pretty clear the guys are still beat up.

    Saying 10 days was enough time to recover from 3 games in 11 days is spoken like someone who's never played the sport. The sport is too punishing for that kind of workload if ur expecting max output from ur players. 

  • @mark-o said:

    they had 10 days off after the Jets game.  Time of possession was only a 5 minute difference.  Are these guys that soft that the 5 minutes makes that much difference?  Maybe we need a new conditioning coach if that's the case.  The "defense is tired" excuse is so lame and pathetic, its not like it was a 2 to 1 time of possession like we've seen plenty of times over the years.

    all teams suffer from this periodically throughout the season. Seasoned all star vets and future hof'ers have complained about the TNF turn arounds since they started. Theres a concept in sports physiology called specific damage...ive heard powerlifters give seminars on it. Any minor dmg taken during the saints game was compounded 4 days later against the jets....so 10 days was not enough. Is the team utrerly falling apart? no, they can still get out on the field...but u saw guys on both sides of the ball going down with cramps and pulls. Calloway had to pull up on that long pass and then hobbled off the field.......its pretty clear the guys are still beat up.

    Saying 10 days was enough time to recover from 3 games in 11 days is spoken like someone who's never played the sport. The sport is too punishing for that kind of workload if ur expecting max output from ur players. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    all teams suffer from this periodically throughout the season. Seasoned all star vets and future hof'ers have complained about the TNF turn arounds since they started. Theres a concept in sports physiology called specific damage...ive heard powerlifters give seminars on it. Any minor dmg taken during the saints game was compounded 4 days later against the jets....so 10 days was not enough. Is the team utrerly falling apart? no, they can still get out on the field...but u saw guys on both sides of the ball going down with cramps and pulls. Calloway had to pull up on that long pass and then hobbled off the field.......its pretty clear the guys are still beat up.

    Saying 10 days was enough time to recover from 3 games in 11 days is spoken like someone who's never played the sport. The sport is too punishing for that kind of workload if ur expecting max output from ur players. 

     Boo fucking hoo....   play the game and stop making excuses for the defense not being able to hold an 8 point lead with under two minutes to play.   As I've already pointed out to you, they haven't been on the field all that long, it was just another excuse by you with no facts to back it up.   The offense put 42 points on the board and the defense couldn't make a stop or a play when needed. 

  • @mddawg said:

    Peppers defended that pass as best as he could, Nelson has 4 inches on him. Criticize the play call that assigned Peppers to cover Nelson

    nonsense....he was way too far back, reacted way too late.....why did he react so late?  Jordy is in front of him and he's already in the damn end zone 3 yards deep just standing there.  Jordy isnt going to run by him and catch the damn ball 15 yards deep in the end zone.  That was a terrible play by peppers.....he's been a disaster. this year even more than last.  Slow as Sheet non-playmaker.  

    @tacosman said:

    nonsense....he was way too far back, reacted way too late.....why did he react so late?  Jordy is in front of him and he's already in the damn end zone 3 yards deep just standing there.  Jordy isnt going to run by him and catch the damn ball 15 yards deep in the end zone.  That was a terrible play by peppers.....he's been a disaster. this year even more than last.  Slow as Sheet non-playmaker.  

    no taco...i made a comment on this on another thread....our dbs are too Shmucking small and not athletic enough...they cannot tackle...or jump high enough etc etc...the db you are talking about read the play properly....he just got manhandled....yes jordy was behind him but he still  made up the ground that if he was athletic enough, he still could have defended the play....and yes peppers sucks plain and simple...what a bust.......

  • https://mobile.twitter.com/clevezirm/status/1046786034623811584

    3 returns from Sunday. Could Pep have done better on the 2nd, and maybe the 1st? Sure. Having top end elusiveness there would be great. Might be possible to make something out of it. But that blocking is pretty terrible too, especially on the 3rd return. Multiple guys come right through. It seems like there is an overarching coaching issue with our special teams. 

  • The special teams is a clusterfork of epic proportions

  • We should just trade Peppers for a 6th round pick and be done with the slug.

  • We should just trade Peppers for a 6th round pick and be done with the slug.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    We should just trade Peppers for a 6th round pick and be done with the slug.

    sure thing boss

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Peppers wasn't the reason we lost.  Much like anyone else, he'll be beat on occasion.     That having been said, the position/role he is being asked to play and the manner in which he can do so is production that, was mentioned April of 2017, can be had without a first round investment.     Jabrill has been OK for us, but that is about it.    Do I expect his 5th year option to be picked up?  Not so far.    But that doesn't mean these threads are warranted.     

    The offense and their turnovers, plus the special teams turnover, was the reason for the loss yesterday.  

    What a fair and measured response. Thank you. I don't agree with all of it, but at least it isn't the typical "CUT PEPPERS HE'S TERRIBLE WHAT A BUST!" nonsense we see far too often on here. Like we have a section of the fanbase waiting and rooting for him to make the tiniest mistakes so they can pounce. Again, I will say that PFF rated him as our highest rated defender against the Saints. This idea that, because one TD was given up in front of him that may or may not have been his fault, he's now the worst player ever, is laughable. 

    Peppers  actually played a lot less snaps in this game than Kindred. They had been rotating, but he was getting more. I'm not sure if Williams thought Kindred was a better matchup, Williams essentially benched Peppers, or if Peppers was hurt. I think he only had 30 something snaps. 

    Returning though... I'm not sure what's going on. He was a very electric and creative returner in college. He added weight to play safety in the NFL and lost his 4.3 speed, but he was still in the 4.4 rang at the combine. It has been pretty uninspiring back there. But at this point, with all of the ST's issues  we're having, I'm not sure how much blocking he;s getting either. It is something that's hard to see from the broadcast angle, but it feels like something we aren't doing that good of a job with. On punts I get it because he's  sure handed, but if they want to try a WR or something on the kick returns it might make sense. If I remember correctly Peppers wasn't our main kick returner last year. 

    @mld-woody said:

    What a fair and measured response. Thank you. I don't agree with all of it, but at least it isn't the typical "CUT PEPPERS HE'S TERRIBLE WHAT A BUST!" nonsense we see far too often on here. Like we have a section of the fanbase waiting and rooting for him to make the tiniest mistakes so they can pounce. Again, I will say that PFF rated him as our highest rated defender against the Saints. This idea that, because one TD was given up in front of him that may or may not have been his fault, he's now the worst player ever, is laughable. 

    Peppers  actually played a lot less snaps in this game than Kindred. They had been rotating, but he was getting more. I'm not sure if Williams thought Kindred was a better matchup, Williams essentially benched Peppers, or if Peppers was hurt. I think he only had 30 something snaps. 

    Returning though... I'm not sure what's going on. He was a very electric and creative returner in college. He added weight to play safety in the NFL and lost his 4.3 speed, but he was still in the 4.4 rang at the combine. It has been pretty uninspiring back there. But at this point, with all of the ST's issues  we're having, I'm not sure how much blocking he;s getting either. It is something that's hard to see from the broadcast angle, but it feels like something we aren't doing that good of a job with. On punts I get it because he's  sure handed, but if they want to try a WR or something on the kick returns it might make sense. If I remember correctly Peppers wasn't our main kick returner last year. 

    Just caught up watching Red Zone with Donovan and Dieken. They're echoing the majority opinion around here that at the very least Peppers is seriously underperforming his draft status. It shouldn't take 1.25 years for the guy to be making a major impact somewhere. 

    What was the pre-draft commentary we were seeing?  "Jack of all Trades, master of None"? He has to seriously step up his game, or he's going to be going the way of Barkevious Mingo. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Peppers wasn't the reason we lost.  Much like anyone else, he'll be beat on occasion.     That having been said, the position/role he is being asked to play and the manner in which he can do so is production that, was mentioned April of 2017, can be had without a first round investment.     Jabrill has been OK for us, but that is about it.    Do I expect his 5th year option to be picked up?  Not so far.    But that doesn't mean these threads are warranted.     

    The offense and their turnovers, plus the special teams turnover, was the reason for the loss yesterday.  

    The offense also scored 42 points so its hard to totally blame them for a loss.   The defense couldn't stop them at all....nearly all game long.   The middle of the field was wide open all game.  The entire defense should take the blame for this.   8 point lead, less than 2 minutes and no timeouts and not only did they not stop them, they didn't come close to stopping them.  Guys were still wide open and there were still missed tackles.  

    @mark-o said:

    The defense couldn't stop them at all....nearly all game long.

    @mark-o said:

    ...  the defense couldn't make a stop or a play when needed. 

    Talk amonst yourselves and resolve this, please.

    @mark-o said:

    Could be the blocking...only real issue is the hesitating.

    Blocking on Kickoff returns has been pretty much shelved. 7-man wedges were outlawed years ago. This season 3-man wedges were. So now there's only one-on-one. Not easy on the retreat to your return man.

    And if there's no blocking, then returners do tend to hesitate.

    Thru 4 weeks there has been one KO return TD... 102 yd by Miami. AS for the other teams longest returns...

    Next longest was 94 yd... then 90... then 53, 6 in the 40s, 9 in the 30s.... remaining 13 teams longest is <30.

    Our longest is 28 yd... good enough to tie us for 22nd with CHI and IND.

    http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/returning/sort/yardsPerKickReturn