Peppers
-
Woody if he were out there making plays no one would give two shits where he went to school. The reality is he is not playing up to what he should be playing as a first-round pick. Sure he may hear Shmuck Michigan but he would hear that in jest if he were playing well. They are criticizing his play because of his lack of performance not because of where he went to school. Even if I can't convince you of that
.... I've already been over the "no one would care if he was making plays". I'm not doubting that. I posted that already. But when it comes to the negative and making the decision to go at him that fact that we played at Michigan 100% plays into it.
.... I've already been over the "no one would care if he was making plays". I'm not doubting that. I posted that already. But when it comes to the negative and making the decision to go at him that fact that we played at Michigan 100% plays into it.

-
I never said any Browns fan was...
Yet you are claiming that Browns fans are giving him a hard time just because he's from Michigan can not critiquing his play fairly, they don't give a fuk where he came from they want him to play well cuz he plays for their Browns when he doesn't play well they are going to criticize him. But you keep defending away and bringing up that he was our highest rated Defender in week 2.
-
No, I've never said that either. I said it adds to the Sheet he's getting.

-
well, at the combine he ran a 4.46. He needs to grow up a bit - and learn the hybrid lb position.
He is very athletic, though. I hope he comes around to really start making plays.
His backflip at the combine was impressive. Translates to makin plays? nope.
If he doesn't start getting there...not good. I think he will though. Takes some players more time.
-
Mayfield shows a lot of promise, Ward is playing great, Myles is a DROY candidate... And yet the guy we talk the most about is Peppers. It should at least make you wonder if he is playing to the level you'd expect from a first round pick.
Last year he was played out of position in an awful secondary, I'll give him that. So this is a key year for him to play to his first round status.
Make this people wrong. Prove it on the field.
-
Mayfield shows a lot of promise, Ward is playing great, Myles is a DROY candidate... And yet the guy we talk the most about is Peppers. It should at least make you wonder if he is playing to the level you'd expect from a first round pick.
Last year he was played out of position in an awful secondary, I'll give him that. So this is a key year for him to play to his first round status.
Make this people wrong. Prove it on the field.
Mayfield shows a lot of promise, Ward is playing great, Myles is a DROY candidate... And yet the guy we talk the most about is Peppers. It should at least make you wonder if he is playing to the level you'd expect from a first round pick.
Last year he was played out of position in an awful secondary, I'll give him that. So this is a key year for him to play to his first round status.
Make this people wrong. Prove it on the field.
Its because we have one guy on here who has his nose straight up Peppers bung hole.
-
Mayfield shows a lot of promise, Ward is playing great, Myles is a DROY candidate... And yet the guy we talk the most about is Peppers. It should at least make you wonder if he is playing to the level you'd expect from a first round pick.
Last year he was played out of position in an awful secondary, I'll give him that. So this is a key year for him to play to his first round status.
Make this people wrong. Prove it on the field.
Mayfield shows a lot of promise, Ward is playing great, Myles is a DROY candidate... And yet the guy we talk the most about is Peppers. It should at least make you wonder if he is playing to the level you'd expect from a first round pick.
Last year he was played out of position in an awful secondary, I'll give him that. So this is a key year for him to play to his first round status.
Make this people wrong. Prove it on the field.
Myles is not a rookie.
-
Mayfield shows a lot of promise, Ward is playing great, Myles is a DROY candidate... And yet the guy we talk the most about is Peppers. It should at least make you wonder if he is playing to the level you'd expect from a first round pick.
Last year he was played out of position in an awful secondary, I'll give him that. So this is a key year for him to play to his first round status.
Make this people wrong. Prove it on the field.
Myles is not a rookie.
Myles is not a rookie.
DPOY*
-
Mayfield shows a lot of promise, Ward is playing great, Myles is a DROY candidate... And yet the guy we talk the most about is Peppers. It should at least make you wonder if he is playing to the level you'd expect from a first round pick.
Last year he was played out of position in an awful secondary, I'll give him that. So this is a key year for him to play to his first round status.
Make this people wrong. Prove it on the field.
Myles is not a rookie.
-
Mayfield shows a lot of promise, Ward is playing great, Myles is a DROY candidate... And yet the guy we talk the most about is Peppers. It should at least make you wonder if he is playing to the level you'd expect from a first round pick.
Last year he was played out of position in an awful secondary, I'll give him that. So this is a key year for him to play to his first round status.
Make this people wrong. Prove it on the field.
Its because we have one guy on here who has his nose straight up Peppers bung hole.
Its because we have one guy on here who has his nose straight up Peppers bung hole.
And feels the need to defend the indefensible- because the guy went to the same college he did. Peppers starts playing like a first round pick, the criticism will stop pretty quickly.
-
Its because we have one guy on here who has his nose straight up Peppers bung hole.
And feels the need to defend the indefensible- because the guy went to the same college he did. Peppers starts playing like a first round pick, the criticism will stop pretty quickly.
And feels the need to defend the indefensible- because the guy went to the same college he did. Peppers starts playing like a first round pick, the criticism will stop pretty quickly.
I don't recall anyone defending Brian robiskie back when he sucked. We all said he sucked and he was a second round pick. There may have been some people defending Terry as a coach but it was pretty unanimous that we all criticize Brian robiskie and that we all agreed we wasted a second round pick on him. But that must be because he's from Ohio State
-
Why not just say I have to make plays and play better.
"I love the Cleveland Browns; I love the city of Cleveland," Peppers said. "I love how passionate the fans are. Part of what I get is my fault. I'm not playing up to my potential and they see that as well so you can't fault people for feeling how they feel. You just go to take it with a grain of salt and do what you got to do to get better."
like that?
"I love the Cleveland Browns; I love the city of Cleveland," Peppers said. "I love how passionate the fans are. Part of what I get is my fault. I'm not playing up to my potential and they see that as well so you can't fault people for feeling how they feel. You just go to take it with a grain of salt and do what you got to do to get better."
like that?
Also that was from his fake and forced clarification article. He wants to say he didn't mean to say that Browns fans are wishy-washy that's just how the NFL environment is. Right that's why he said one thing I've learned about CLEVELAND fans is that they are very very wishy-washy. And when told that statement may cause further criticism he basically said I don't care. So he shouldn't come back and try to clarify that he wasn't speaking just about Browns fans when he clearly stated Cleveland fans
-
Its because we have one guy on here who has his nose straight up Peppers bung hole.
And feels the need to defend the indefensible- because the guy went to the same college he did. Peppers starts playing like a first round pick, the criticism will stop pretty quickly.
And feels the need to defend the indefensible- because the guy went to the same college he did. Peppers starts playing like a first round pick, the criticism will stop pretty quickly.
Except it isn't indefensible. And I'm not the only one. And I've admitted many times when he can do better or messed up. And I've called out fajse statements. And.... ah, Shmuck it... it's been made clear there are people in here that post about what I say without having actually read what I say. (not necessarily you Hoorta)
-
And feels the need to defend the indefensible- because the guy went to the same college he did. Peppers starts playing like a first round pick, the criticism will stop pretty quickly.
I don't recall anyone defending Brian robiskie back when he sucked. We all said he sucked and he was a second round pick. There may have been some people defending Terry as a coach but it was pretty unanimous that we all criticize Brian robiskie and that we all agreed we wasted a second round pick on him. But that must be because he's from Ohio State
I don't recall anyone defending Brian robiskie back when he sucked. We all said he sucked and he was a second round pick. There may have been some people defending Terry as a coach but it was pretty unanimous that we all criticize Brian robiskie and that we all agreed we wasted a second round pick on him. But that must be because he's from Ohio State
Man... I've covered this like a dozen times now. I'm not saying people will hate on Michigan players no matter what. I'm not saying people will love OSU players no matter what. I'm saying being a Michigan player adds to and is a factor (along with actual or perceived bad play) that leads to threads like this, attacking comments, and harassment in public. I don't know how I can be any more clear....
-
I don't recall anyone defending Brian robiskie back when he sucked. We all said he sucked and he was a second round pick. There may have been some people defending Terry as a coach but it was pretty unanimous that we all criticize Brian robiskie and that we all agreed we wasted a second round pick on him. But that must be because he's from Ohio State
Man... I've covered this like a dozen times now. I'm not saying people will hate on Michigan players no matter what. I'm not saying people will love OSU players no matter what. I'm saying being a Michigan player adds to and is a factor (along with actual or perceived bad play) that leads to threads like this, attacking comments, and harassment in public. I don't know how I can be any more clear....
Man... I've covered this like a dozen times now. I'm not saying people will hate on Michigan players no matter what. I'm not saying people will love OSU players no matter what. I'm saying being a Michigan player adds to and is a factor (along with actual or perceived bad play) that leads to threads like this, attacking comments, and harassment in public. I don't know how I can be any more clear....
No this thread was made because a poster saw that he missed a coverage assignment. If Brian robiskie dropped a touchdown pass there would have been a thread made about it. When Tyrod Taylor was struggling to complete passes against the Jets there was a thread made about it. When player struggle there are comments made about it. It doesn't matter where they went to school. When players screw up or are not performing there is talk about it. It is not Amplified because of where they went. It gets Amplified because people defend the play and then it becomes a big long thread. Before you commented on this thread it had about 9 replies and was going to die shortly thereafter like many other threads.
People especially when it comes to sports just have to be right so they will continue going back and forth which makes it look like there is more light being shined on Peppers because they're going to keep arguing and so are you. When there are fire Hue threads they don't last very long because not too many people get on there and defend him time and time again.
-
It absolutely amplifies it. But I'm not going to be able to convince you.
Uh, I wasn't the only one in this thread to "defend" him originally. Unless you want to blame all of those posters for the thread not dying after 8 posts like you said it would have. Not to mention the OP was bitching about Peppers when he wasn't even the player in question (which the OP has now continued to ignore instead of address).
But it's already been made clear some posters don't actually read what I posted before commenting on what I posted.
I'm not going to convince everyone, whatever. There are some in this thread with essentially the same views as me so I can live with that.
-
It absolutely amplifies it. But I'm not going to be able to convince you.
Uh, I wasn't the only one in this thread to "defend" him originally. Unless you want to blame all of those posters for the thread not dying after 8 posts like you said it would have. Not to mention the OP was bitching about Peppers when he wasn't even the player in question (which the OP has now continued to ignore instead of address).
But it's already been made clear some posters don't actually read what I posted before commenting on what I posted.
I'm not going to convince everyone, whatever. There are some in this thread with essentially the same views as me so I can live with that.
It absolutely amplifies it. But I'm not going to be able to convince you.
Uh, I wasn't the only one in this thread to "defend" him originally. Unless you want to blame all of those posters for the thread not dying after 8 posts like you said it would have. Not to mention the OP was bitching about Peppers when he wasn't even the player in question (which the OP has now continued to ignore instead of address).
But it's already been made clear some posters don't actually read what I posted before commenting on what I posted.
I'm not going to convince everyone, whatever. There are some in this thread with essentially the same views as me so I can live with that.
There are many posters who don't think he should be criticized when he's going to CVS. I would agree with that. To me saying that people rush to criticize him is saying that they are eager to see him fail so that they can say "see I told you look he sucks." I don't believe any Browns fan truly would do that. I think some on here like to give you a hard time and you were all over the pick & loved it so they want to point out when he screws up to you because you said he was going to be good/great. Like if Baker were screwing up people would be posting about all of his downfalls because there were many on here that really liked Baker pre-draft. I myself defended the ward pick over chubb as did others so if he started playing poorly I would fully expect others to point out those flaws.
-
Around the 5:30 mark Williams starts taking about Jabrill. It seems like he was expecting the question and was ready to shed some light on what Pep does for the overall defense. Or I guess you can argue he was ready to just lie and make his guys sound better than they are. Not sure if that's really William's personality tho
-
Fuc k Peppers.
-
Around the 5:30 mark Williams starts taking about Jabrill. It seems like he was expecting the question and was ready to shed some light on what Pep does for the overall defense. Or I guess you can argue he was ready to just lie and make his guys sound better than they are. Not sure if that's really William's personality tho
Around the 5:30 mark Williams starts taking about Jabrill. It seems like he was expecting the question and was ready to shed some light on what Pep does for the overall defense. Or I guess you can argue he was ready to just lie and make his guys sound better than they are. Not sure if that's really William's personality tho
Really depends on how he views peppers. If he is a good coach, which I believe he is, then he will know which players can be criticized in the public and which need to be coddled. He may be telling the truth about peppers but I will say that he seems like the type that wouldn't take criticism in the public all that well due to peppers recent comments regarding fans being wishy washy.
You know I was thinking back when Josh Gordon was going through everything he was going through and he talked about the fans hating on him in the public and his family. Most on here said that his family didn't deserve the hatred but he did it to himself as far as getting criticized because he couldn't get on the field due to his own problems. So it's not just Peppers that people criticize for going to the public and crying about the fans. I believe there was a thread on it as well because it was some article.
Edit to say I think most on here recognize that Jabrill has a very high football IQ, he always has. Except when it comes to calling for a fair catch on a punt LOL but I digress it's about not seeing results on the field.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login