Skip to content

NFL Phucks Cleveland Twice in 4 Weeks

The Browns Board
183 54 4.9k 1
  • BrownsnMoparB BrownsnMopar wrote on last edited by
    #45

    The NFL and the refs handed that game to the Raiders! That was an obvious 1st down to ice the game with 1:20 on the clock. It was victory formation and a win,taken away! Its collusion at its finest! I will never see it any other way. The NFL as a whole has it out for the Browns! I will Love my Browns tilI I die!!! But this Sheet show called the NFL has lost a good fan!

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #46

    this worthless corrupt commish won't fix it, either.

    well, I believe this will make the Browns even more determined and ready to rumble.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #47

    Don't forget that the browns are the only team who have  actually got another play off before the refs screwed them. Against Jacksonville back in the day as I recall 

  • Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by
    #48

    With living where I do, the Browns are never on TV. I can understand everyone's frustrations, and I followed it best I could and have seen the 2 big plays in question in videos. Again, remember I try to look at things objectively and look at it in coaches glasses. My take:

    The Carr fumble was ABSOLUTELY a fumble. 

    The spot, his elbow is down and the ball LOOKS about at the line to gain. Remember though, the yellow line isnt official, just a reference for the tv audience. But there is nothing I see to overturn it one way or another.

    I cant comment on the other plays that have been mentioned. Again I certainly understand the frustration, fans and want team to succeed, but I dont think it was a fix. And nobody should even begin to think of a minuscule chance of an overturn, it just wont happen.

    The officials may have done terrible, and they are supposed to be the best in their field and the highest paid, but they are still human. Put the angry emotions aside and just remember that. They are certainly just as susceptible to mistakes as any of us. Doesnt make it right, but just the reality. If being the highest ranked and highest paid in your field, then Lebron James wouldn't miss a shot, Mike Trout would never strike out, Kirk Cousins would never have an interception.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #49

    Hyde's elbow was down with the ball short of the line to gain...

    Here's the money shot.

    63706173_ElbowDown.thumb.JPG.b83deeb41e39f664a97ed17233f6996a.JPG

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #50

    There are a couple other shots I have of the Hyde-play. They include a Raider (#99) targeting the back of Hyde's helmet with the crown of his.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #51

    Sorry T, but I can't see the tip of the ball..... How far under his chin is it? Where is a corresponding line to move it back 71mm? I have never, and I do mean ever, seen this type of call overturned in a game, especially with so much on the line.

    You show this to 100 people and you may get 50/50...... this type of overturn needs to be 91/9.   

  • There are a couple other shots I have of the Hyde-play. They include a Raider (#99) targeting the back of Hyde's helmet with the crown of his.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #52

    @tour2ma said:

    There are a couple other shots I have of the Hyde-play. They include a Raider (#99) targeting the back of Hyde's helmet with the crown of his.

    And a couple other Blatant holds that were no calls...  On further review, we got jobbed on the Carr non-fumble...  

  • With living where I do, the Browns are never on TV. I can understand everyone's frustrations, and I followed it best I could and have seen the 2 big plays in question in videos. Again, remember I try to look at things objectively and look at it in coaches glasses. My take:

    The Carr fumble was ABSOLUTELY a fumble. 

    The spot, his elbow is down and the ball LOOKS about at the line to gain. Remember though, the yellow line isnt official, just a reference for the tv audience. But there is nothing I see to overturn it one way or another.

    I cant comment on the other plays that have been mentioned. Again I certainly understand the frustration, fans and want team to succeed, but I dont think it was a fix. And nobody should even begin to think of a minuscule chance of an overturn, it just wont happen.

    The officials may have done terrible, and they are supposed to be the best in their field and the highest paid, but they are still human. Put the angry emotions aside and just remember that. They are certainly just as susceptible to mistakes as any of us. Doesnt make it right, but just the reality. If being the highest ranked and highest paid in your field, then Lebron James wouldn't miss a shot, Mike Trout would never strike out, Kirk Cousins would never have an interception.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @gunz41 said:

    The Carr fumble was ABSOLUTELY a fumble.  

    The spot, his elbow is down and the ball LOOKS about at the line to gain. Remember though, the yellow line isnt official, just a reference for the tv audience. But there is nothing I see to overturn it one way or another.

    Completely agree on the Carr fumble. "In the grasp", a call you rarely hear made anymore, is accompanied by a whistle. There was no whistle. As for "forward progress"... Carr was still being pushed forward by an OL... so that dog don't hunt.

    What you say about the yellow line is true, but in this case its accuracy was verified by the measurement that took place. If anything, the line was just inside of the stick.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #54

    During 1/2 time of SNF Tony Dungey just said "Replay is supposed to change clear and obvious mistakes, and there was nothing clear or obvious about that". 

  • Sorry T, but I can't see the tip of the ball..... How far under his chin is it? Where is a corresponding line to move it back 71mm? I have never, and I do mean ever, seen this type of call overturned in a game, especially with so much on the line.

    You show this to 100 people and you may get 50/50...... this type of overturn needs to be 91/9.   

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @d-bone said:

    Sorry T, but I can't see the tip of the ball..... How far under his chin is it? Where is a corresponding line to move it back 71mm? I have never, and I do mean ever, seen this type of call overturned in a game, especially with so much on the line.

    You show this to 100 people and you may get 50/50...... this type of overturn needs to be 91/9.   

    Don't know what to tell ya, D... It's plain as day to me.

    His chin is short of the line. The back half of his helmet is over the line.

  • During 1/2 time of SNF Tony Dungey just said "Replay is supposed to change clear and obvious mistakes, and there was nothing clear or obvious about that". 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #56

    @d-bone said:

    During 1/2 time of SNF Tony Dungey just said "Replay is supposed to change clear and obvious mistakes, and there was nothing clear or obvious about that". 

    I heard him.

    I disagree.

    The photo is clear to me.

    The replay is even clearer.

  • @d-bone said:

    Sorry T, but I can't see the tip of the ball..... How far under his chin is it? Where is a corresponding line to move it back 71mm? I have never, and I do mean ever, seen this type of call overturned in a game, especially with so much on the line.

    You show this to 100 people and you may get 50/50...... this type of overturn needs to be 91/9.   

    Don't know what to tell ya, D... It's plain as day to me.

    His chin is short of the line. The back half of his helmet is over the line.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @tour2ma said:

    Don't know what to tell ya, D... It's plain as day to me

    So kind of 50/50? 😉 

  • @d-bone said:

    During 1/2 time of SNF Tony Dungey just said "Replay is supposed to change clear and obvious mistakes, and there was nothing clear or obvious about that". 

    I heard him.

    I disagree.

    The photo is clear to me.

    The replay is even clearer.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @tour2ma said:

    I heard him.

    I disagree.

    The photo is clear to me.

    The replay is even clearer.

    There is no way from that photo that you can tell his elbow is down. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    I heard him.

    I disagree.

    The photo is clear to me.

    The replay is even clearer.

    There is no way from that photo that you can tell his elbow is down. 

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @dutch-oven said:

    There is no way from that photo that you can tell his elbow is down. 

    Or where the line to gain is since the yellow line is not official and there are no official lines anywhere close in the shot to use as a landmark.... and not to mention the angle of the camera. 

    Any greasy public defender on Law and Order SVU would get this thrown out long before indictment.  

  • @tour2ma said:

    I heard him.

    I disagree.

    The photo is clear to me.

    The replay is even clearer.

    There is no way from that photo that you can tell his elbow is down. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @dutch-oven said:

    There is no way from that photo that you can tell his elbow is down. 

    I think it was actually down earlier. The pic I posted was the last of a series of nine that I took. In the prior two his forearm slides along the top of the ground.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    There is no way from that photo that you can tell his elbow is down. 

    Or where the line to gain is since the yellow line is not official and there are no official lines anywhere close in the shot to use as a landmark.... and not to mention the angle of the camera. 

    Any greasy public defender on Law and Order SVU would get this thrown out long before indictment.  

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @d-bone said:

    Or where the line to gain is since the yellow line is not official and there are no official lines anywhere close in the shot to use as a landmark.... and not to mention the angle of the camera. 

    Any greasy public defender on Law and Order SVU would get this thrown out long before indictment. 

    The measurement showed that if anything the left edge of the line was less than 10 yards...

    So there's that.

  • @gunz41 said:

    The Carr fumble was ABSOLUTELY a fumble.  

    The spot, his elbow is down and the ball LOOKS about at the line to gain. Remember though, the yellow line isnt official, just a reference for the tv audience. But there is nothing I see to overturn it one way or another.

    Completely agree on the Carr fumble. "In the grasp", a call you rarely hear made anymore, is accompanied by a whistle. There was no whistle. As for "forward progress"... Carr was still being pushed forward by an OL... so that dog don't hunt.

    What you say about the yellow line is true, but in this case its accuracy was verified by the measurement that took place. If anything, the line was just inside of the stick.

    Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @tour2ma said:

    Completely agree on the Carr fumble. "In the grasp", a call you rarely hear made anymore, is accompanied by a whistle. There was no whistle. As for "forward progress"... Carr was still being pushed forward by an OL... so that dog don't hunt.

    What you say about the yellow line is true, but in this case its accuracy was verified by the measurement that took place. If anything, the line was just inside of the stick.

    I think you missed my point, from the video I saw, I would say he is probably short because of his elbow. It is certainly not something from what I saw to think that the game was fixed

  • T Tacosman wrote on last edited by
    #63

    it's important to remember that something can be very very close and still very clear on replay, and likewise something can be likely not close at all and not certain.

    It's very close, but Im pretty sure he is just short.  What's unusual about this is the left edge of the line is sometimes even a 1-2 inches past ten yards.  In this case it appears to be the other way.

    I have mixed feelings about the call.  

  • well, krystal ball, if they had known they'd score that much, they would have kicked the extra points I suppose.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @calfoxwc said:

    well, krystal ball, if they had known they'd score that much, they would have kicked the extra points I suppose.

    ... and we would have lost in regulation... except of course they would not have gone for two later on.

    Seriously tho, there was nothing about the score, the time remaining or anything that said, "Go for 2 here," when we first did.

    @calfoxwc said:

    https://www.sbnation.com/2018/9/30/17921052/marshawn-lynch-beast-mode-mad-refs-whistle-raiders-browns

    I get it - but his forward progress was stopped and was going to get clobbered again while in the grasp of another defensive player.

    But that's pretty much the way every Lynch run ends. He plays like it's still the early days when you had to hold the ball carrier down for a couple beats before he was ruled down.