Going for 2
-
It’s what the Steelers started doing last year. They veered away from it for some reason.
The article mentions it may be a Haley thing. Maybe having 2 erect nipples all the time makes a guy prone to going for 2? I dunno. 2 points. 2 nipples.
The article mentions it may be a Haley thing. Maybe having 2 erect nipples all the time makes a guy prone to going for 2? I dunno. 2 points. 2 nipples.
I will say I did really like the play design of all the 2pt conversions we ran. We were a Callaway drop away from getting all three actually. Getting Duke in on the runs and spreading them out really gives a lot of options.
-
The article mentions it may be a Haley thing. Maybe having 2 erect nipples all the time makes a guy prone to going for 2? I dunno. 2 points. 2 nipples.
I always like to go for 2 when it comes to erect nipples.

I always like to go for 2 when it comes to erect nipples.
-
Sure, play aggressive and go for two early. Then when the game is on the line and you need a foot to win....meow! Thanks coach!
-
It’s what the Steelers started doing last year. They veered away from it for some reason.
The article mentions it may be a Haley thing. Maybe having 2 erect nipples all the time makes a guy prone to going for 2? I dunno. 2 points. 2 nipples.
I still think the best argument against going 2-crazy is that you show your best short yardage plays.
The article mentions it may be a Haley thing.
Makes a lot of sense given the Pittsburgh factor, but the call is still under the HC's control.
-
Obviously the Big Island cal. I'm pretty sure that is Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea in the foreplayground.?
-
I still think the best argument against going 2-crazy is that you show your best short yardage plays.
The article mentions it may be a Haley thing.
Makes a lot of sense given the Pittsburgh factor, but the call is still under the HC's control.
-
Obviously the Big Island cal. I'm pretty sure that is Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea in the foreplayground.?
Obviously the Big Island cal. I'm pretty sure that is Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea in the foreplayground.?

-
How many positions in this thread would reflexively change if it was common knowledge that "going for 2" is purely an analytics conclusion?
-
I don't think you should start a game out going for 2pt conversions.
I think you let them come to you. When, in the course of the game, the #'s make sense...then you try it. Like going up by 9.
edit - or if you have a God-Awful kicker.
I don't think you should start a game out going for 2pt conversions.
I think you let them come to you. When, in the course of the game, the #'s make sense...then you try it. Like going up by 9.
edit - or if you have a God-Awful kicker.
You mean get the 2 pt conversation to go up 9?
That is the worst time to go for 2. It looks good when you get it to have a 2 score lead, but when you dont get it you leave yourself with a 7 pt lead instead of 8
-
I don't think you should start a game out going for 2pt conversions.
I think you let them come to you. When, in the course of the game, the #'s make sense...then you try it. Like going up by 9.
edit - or if you have a God-Awful kicker.
You mean get the 2 pt conversation to go up 9?
That is the worst time to go for 2. It looks good when you get it to have a 2 score lead, but when you dont get it you leave yourself with a 7 pt lead instead of 8
You mean get the 2 pt conversation to go up 9?
That is the worst time to go for 2. It looks good when you get it to have a 2 score lead, but when you dont get it you leave yourself with a 7 pt lead instead of 8
You don't agree with a single thing I say....which is just the way I like it.
If you score a TD to go up 7, if you go for two and make it, you have a 2 score lead at 9 points.
If you fail on the 2pnt conversion then you're still up 7. The opponent will need to score a TD...and will kick the extra point to tie you. He MOST PROBABLY will not go for 2 and potentially lose.
If you score a TD to go up 7 and kick the extra point....then you're opponent will go for 2 to tie you.
-- So! Whether you're up 7 or 8, the opponent will try to TIE your score. Therefore, it's a no-brainer. If you're up 7 in the 4th quarter...go for 2.
-
You mean get the 2 pt conversation to go up 9?
That is the worst time to go for 2. It looks good when you get it to have a 2 score lead, but when you dont get it you leave yourself with a 7 pt lead instead of 8
You don't agree with a single thing I say....which is just the way I like it.
If you score a TD to go up 7, if you go for two and make it, you have a 2 score lead at 9 points.
If you fail on the 2pnt conversion then you're still up 7. The opponent will need to score a TD...and will kick the extra point to tie you. He MOST PROBABLY will not go for 2 and potentially lose.
If you score a TD to go up 7 and kick the extra point....then you're opponent will go for 2 to tie you.
-- So! Whether you're up 7 or 8, the opponent will try to TIE your score. Therefore, it's a no-brainer. If you're up 7 in the 4th quarter...go for 2.
You don't agree with a single thing I say....which is just the way I like it.
If you score a TD to go up 7, if you go for two and make it, you have a 2 score lead at 9 points.
If you fail on the 2pnt conversion then you're still up 7. The opponent will need to score a TD...and will kick the extra point to tie you. He MOST PROBABLY will not go for 2 and potentially lose.
If you score a TD to go up 7 and kick the extra point....then you're opponent will go for 2 to tie you.
-- So! Whether you're up 7 or 8, the opponent will try to TIE your score. Therefore, it's a no-brainer. If you're up 7 in the 4th quarter...go for 2.
Absolutely no coach is going to have that mindset, I know I wouldn't.
I knew what your reasoning was. But the likelihood of achieving the 2 pt conversion is less than 50%, which works both ways, for your team and the opponent
Again, fan view vs coach view
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login