Skip to content

cowboys vs texans....who watched that?

The Browns Board
57 11 783
  • @mld-woody said:

    some guy named Rashan Gary, that's a DT/SDE type hybrid, is listed at 287, and might be dropping due to a nagging shoulder injury. 

    so i watched his highlights vs notre dame.....not overly impressed as of right now. He has some pad level issues. And i dont see the dynamic power rush moves i see from a guy like bosa. The guy who's highlights i came across again researching gary, was Hurst. Ouch....we missed on that one. We took some guy (DE) from Fl in the 3rd round that i dont even remember his name coming up in TC. Hurst goes 2 rounds later at 140. Ah well. 

    Hurst is more toward that LDE type i like. He's a little short at 6'1 but fuk it, if u can take the RT and push him straight back ur limiting the step up and if the qb spills out to the right myles is gonna be in hot pursuit.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @clevfan4life said:

    so i watched his highlights vs notre dame.....not overly impressed as of right now. He has some pad level issues. And i dont see the dynamic power rush moves i see from a guy like bosa. The guy who's highlights i came across again researching gary, was Hurst. Ouch....we missed on that one. We took some guy (DE) from Fl in the 3rd round that i dont even remember his name coming up in TC. Hurst goes 2 rounds later at 140. Ah well. 

    Hurst is more toward that LDE type i like. He's a little short at 6'1 but fuk it, if u can take the RT and push him straight back ur limiting the step up and if the qb spills out to the right myles is gonna be in hot pursuit.

    Mo played a lot of 3 tech or further inside at Michigan and killed it there. That whole heart issue freaked people out too much.  He was a bargain way before the 5th. He's not going to be going up against a tackle much though.

    I am not going to pretend Gary has been near as productive as Mo. The only  things I'll offer in defense of him is his nagging AC joint injury in his shoulder, that first appeared last year, and kept him out of the last game and a  half. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays through it the rest of the year and then gets surgery in the offseason. He's also been dealing with the SCAR Clowney treatment, getting double and triple teamed on plays because our interior pass rush isn't very good (man I miss Mo...)

    He'll be big enough to kick inside though.  He's also going to kill it at the combine. I mean, I think a lot of DL in this class are going to kill it at the combine, but Gary, based on he numbers we have for him now (that already beat out guys at the combine), is going to go off.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Oh right, how could I forgot.

    Though we'll (hopefully) be picking after that.

    I'd take Oliver before any other DL for what we're looking for actually.

    Man, the idea of Ogunjobi and Oliver next to each other, with Garrett on the outside is scary.

    But I can't see the Browns ending up anywhere near Ed Oliver territory in this draft.  

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @dutch-oven said:

    Man, the idea of Ogunjobi and Oliver next to each other, with Garrett on the outside is scary.

    But I can't see the Browns ending up anywhere near Ed Oliver territory in this draft.  

    Our DL would terrorize the NFL for years to  come... holy Sheet. Maybe we just trade up for him and go all in?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Man, the idea of Ogunjobi and Oliver next to each other, with Garrett on the outside is scary.

    But I can't see the Browns ending up anywhere near Ed Oliver territory in this draft.  

    Our DL would terrorize the NFL for years to  come... holy Sheet. Maybe we just trade up for him and go all in?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @mld-woody said:

    Our DL would terrorize the NFL for years to  come... holy Sheet. Maybe we just trade up for him and go all in?

    I'd have to see how the Draft shook out. From the sounds of it the Browns could just sit wherever they land and a really good DLineman will fall to them. 

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #36

    just watched tape of oliver.....holy sheet. Houston uses him primarily as a DT cause #collegegame.    He's the prototype 5T/SDE. Ic more wstt than sapp in that guy. Thats my pick if he's there or we can trade up. Bosa cost too much fir a trade up....but maybe we can land him. Fuk his speed is unreal.....his stats have been nerfed playing on the inside...promise. That dude will be fire coming off inbetween guard/tackle or outside tackle

  • just watched tape of oliver.....holy sheet. Houston uses him primarily as a DT cause #collegegame.    He's the prototype 5T/SDE. Ic more wstt than sapp in that guy. Thats my pick if he's there or we can trade up. Bosa cost too much fir a trade up....but maybe we can land him. Fuk his speed is unreal.....his stats have been nerfed playing on the inside...promise. That dude will be fire coming off inbetween guard/tackle or outside tackle

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @clevfan4life said:

    just watched tape of oliver.....holy sheet. Houston uses him primarily as a DT cause #collegegame.    He's the prototype 5T/SDE. Ic more wstt than sapp in that guy. Thats my pick if he's there or we can trade up. Bosa cost too much fir a trade up....but maybe we can land him. Fuk his speed is unreal.....his stats have been nerfed playing on the inside...promise. That dude will be fire coming off inbetween guard/tackle or outside tackle

    Oliver and Bosa are going to be rated very similarly. Both near the top.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    just watched tape of oliver.....holy sheet. Houston uses him primarily as a DT cause #collegegame.    He's the prototype 5T/SDE. Ic more wstt than sapp in that guy. Thats my pick if he's there or we can trade up. Bosa cost too much fir a trade up....but maybe we can land him. Fuk his speed is unreal.....his stats have been nerfed playing on the inside...promise. That dude will be fire coming off inbetween guard/tackle or outside tackle

    Oliver and Bosa are going to be rated very similarly. Both near the top.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @mld-woody said:

    Oliver and Bosa are going to be rated very similarly. Both near the top.

    Different positions aren’t they ? I thought Oliver was more defensive tackle inside presence where as Bosa was a defensive end/linebacker with pressure from the outside

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #39

    bosa will not be a lb'er. 

  • @mld-woody said:

    Oliver and Bosa are going to be rated very similarly. Both near the top.

    Different positions aren’t they ? I thought Oliver was more defensive tackle inside presence where as Bosa was a defensive end/linebacker with pressure from the outside

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @the-gipper said:

    Different positions aren’t they ? I thought Oliver was more defensive tackle inside presence where as Bosa was a defensive end/linebacker with pressure from the outside

    Correct. Except the Boss at LB part. 

    That comment was more around the idea that we couldn't possibly get Bosa but Oliver might fall to us. They're both going near the top and both will have similar costs, IMO

  • @tour2ma said:

    Yup... Texans are the wife's team.

    JJ is flashing his old from to be sure, but Clowney has come on very strong and the two of them as books ends (most of the time)??? Fuggetaboudit...

    And they are missing a couple of their big folk... e.g., Convington.

    Really looking forward to our meeting on Dec 2nd... Ward on Hopkins should be an epic matchup.

    Hopkins got me 49 points in FF with that last reception. Now Drew Brees needs to come through with a couple of TD passes tonight for me to take the $40 prize for this week. Don't give it to those damn runners Drew! Throw it to 'em is fine though.  LOL!?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @texasag1969 said:

    Hopkins got me 49 points in FF with that last reception. Now Drew Brees needs to come through with a couple of TD passes tonight for me to take the $40 prize for this week. Don't give it to those damn runners Drew! Throw it to 'em is fine though.  LOL!?

    Thank you Drew.?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Different positions aren’t they ? I thought Oliver was more defensive tackle inside presence where as Bosa was a defensive end/linebacker with pressure from the outside

    Correct. Except the Boss at LB part. 

    That comment was more around the idea that we couldn't possibly get Bosa but Oliver might fall to us. They're both going near the top and both will have similar costs, IMO

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @mld-woody said:

    Correct. Except the Boss at LB part. 

    That comment was more around the idea that we couldn't possibly get Bosa but Oliver might fall to us. They're both going near the top and both will have similar costs, IMO

    Well....the cost is set under  the rookie pay scale, and who cares about that except the guy who has to write the check. 

    The actual "cost" to the Browns would be:  if they expect to get either of those guys, they would have to like not win any more games this year.  I think that Bosa could lose some ground, some draft positioning due to his injury and being out all year.  But would he fall into the middle of the first round?  I would doubt that.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Correct. Except the Boss at LB part. 

    That comment was more around the idea that we couldn't possibly get Bosa but Oliver might fall to us. They're both going near the top and both will have similar costs, IMO

    Well....the cost is set under  the rookie pay scale, and who cares about that except the guy who has to write the check. 

    The actual "cost" to the Browns would be:  if they expect to get either of those guys, they would have to like not win any more games this year.  I think that Bosa could lose some ground, some draft positioning due to his injury and being out all year.  But would he fall into the middle of the first round?  I would doubt that.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @the-gipper said:

    Well....the cost is set under  the rookie pay scale, and who cares about that except the guy who has to write the check. 

    The actual "cost" to the Browns would be:  if they expect to get either of those guys, they would have to like not win any more games this year.  I think that Bosa could lose some ground, some draft positioning due to his injury and being out all year.  But would he fall into the middle of the first round?  I would doubt that.

    No, I mean cost as in draft capital. What it would take to move up to get them. 

    The only way Bosa falls anywhere near the middle of the first is if his injury gets flagged at the combine or something. Even if he doesn't play another snap for OSU he'll be higher than that. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well....the cost is set under  the rookie pay scale, and who cares about that except the guy who has to write the check. 

    The actual "cost" to the Browns would be:  if they expect to get either of those guys, they would have to like not win any more games this year.  I think that Bosa could lose some ground, some draft positioning due to his injury and being out all year.  But would he fall into the middle of the first round?  I would doubt that.

    No, I mean cost as in draft capital. What it would take to move up to get them. 

    The only way Bosa falls anywhere near the middle of the first is if his injury gets flagged at the combine or something. Even if he doesn't play another snap for OSU he'll be higher than that. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @mld-woody said:

    No, I mean cost as in draft capital. What it would take to move up to get them. 

    The only way Bosa falls anywhere near the middle of the first is if his injury gets flagged at the combine or something. Even if he doesn't play another snap for OSU he'll be higher than that. 

    OK, I was not thinking in terms of  trading up.   But I do think that not playing would have to cost him some draft positioning.  I mean.....he was considered almost a consensus #1 overall pick.   If he drops down to anywhere below that I think his injury will have cost him.  If he were to go lower than #3  it would be unquestionable that it did. 

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #45

    Good news for us is joey won't be playing when we play the chargers. he's out till November. I'd give the chargers Og and our 1st rounder for Joey. Now that we have Myles Joey might reconsider playing for clev. There's rumors he's not terribly happy playing in SD. 

  • @mld-woody said:

    No, I mean cost as in draft capital. What it would take to move up to get them. 

    The only way Bosa falls anywhere near the middle of the first is if his injury gets flagged at the combine or something. Even if he doesn't play another snap for OSU he'll be higher than that. 

    OK, I was not thinking in terms of  trading up.   But I do think that not playing would have to cost him some draft positioning.  I mean.....he was considered almost a consensus #1 overall pick.   If he drops down to anywhere below that I think his injury will have cost him.  If he were to go lower than #3  it would be unquestionable that it did. 

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @the-gipper said:

    OK, I was not thinking in terms of  trading up.   But I do think that not playing would have to cost him some draft positioning.  I mean.....he was considered almost a consensus #1 overall pick.   If he drops down to anywhere below that I think his injury will have cost him.  If he were to go lower than #3  it would be unquestionable that it did. 

    No, no it wouldn't. But we've gone over this before so I'll leave it be.

  • @the-gipper said:

    OK, I was not thinking in terms of  trading up.   But I do think that not playing would have to cost him some draft positioning.  I mean.....he was considered almost a consensus #1 overall pick.   If he drops down to anywhere below that I think his injury will have cost him.  If he were to go lower than #3  it would be unquestionable that it did. 

    No, no it wouldn't. But we've gone over this before so I'll leave it be.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @mld-woody said:

    No, no it wouldn't. But we've gone over this before so I'll leave it be.

    You don't know that.  You have no clue how/if it will/would affect his  draft positioning.

  • @mld-woody said:

    I could of also said "all of the guys from Clemson" lol. I'm just most knowledgeable about our guys right now

    I'd take Houston's Ed Oliver too.... Aaron Donald Part II... 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #48

    Nick Bosa's stock could drop if teams worry about re-injury. Not everyday you hear of a player tearing his "core"...

    And it may be circumstantial, but Joey's inclination to be injured doesn't help Nick's case.

    But on ability? Top three...

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'd take Houston's Ed Oliver too.... Aaron Donald Part II... 

    Yup... The kid is amazing.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #49

    And Bosa is withdrawing from OSU to focus on the draft

  • And Bosa is withdrawing from OSU to focus on the draft

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @mld-woody said:

    And Bosa is withdrawing from OSU to focus on the draft

    damn. ah well

  • And Bosa is withdrawing from OSU to focus on the draft

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @mld-woody said:

    And Bosa is withdrawing from OSU to focus on the draft

    I wonder how this will be taken...

  • @mld-woody said:

    And Bosa is withdrawing from OSU to focus on the draft

    I wonder how this will be taken...

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @tour2ma said:

    I wonder how this will be taken...

    not hard math, he watched his brother get a ~20m signing bonus....