Skip to content

The official Terry Pluto thread

The Browns Board
1.1k 45 53.9k 1
  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'm hoping that this is not the case. 

    Why?

    @tour2ma said:

    Why?

    If THIS is Stefanski's offense running at full steam, I think it is limited. 

    Baker today is not a dynamic quarterback. He's a QB that when everything is going well can be competent for sure, but he's not someone who is going to shred a good defense. 

    I'm hoping that Stefanski and Co. are treating him almost as a rookie this season, and he will progress in the future years.

    Because if this is it, I don't think it is enough for the Browns to move into elite, Super Bowl contention.

    And I say this as someone who all and all has been very impressed with Stefanski this season.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Why?

    If THIS is Stefanski's offense running at full steam, I think it is limited. 

    Baker today is not a dynamic quarterback. He's a QB that when everything is going well can be competent for sure, but he's not someone who is going to shred a good defense. 

    I'm hoping that Stefanski and Co. are treating him almost as a rookie this season, and he will progress in the future years.

    Because if this is it, I don't think it is enough for the Browns to move into elite, Super Bowl contention.

    And I say this as someone who all and all has been very impressed with Stefanski this season.

    @dutch-oven said:

    If this IS Stefanski's offense running at full steam, I think it is limited. 

    Baker today is not a dynamic quarterback. He's a QB that when everything is going well can be competent for sure, but he's not someone who is going to shred a good defense. 

    I'm hoping that Stefanski and Co. are treating him almost as a rookie this season, and he will progress in the future years.

    Because if this is it, I don't think it is enough for the Browns to move into elite, Super Bowl contention.

    And I say this as someone who all and all has been very impressed with Stefanski this season.

    You mean, sorta like Bart Starr? ?

    Mike

  • @dutch-oven said:

    If this IS Stefanski's offense running at full steam, I think it is limited. 

    Baker today is not a dynamic quarterback. He's a QB that when everything is going well can be competent for sure, but he's not someone who is going to shred a good defense. 

    I'm hoping that Stefanski and Co. are treating him almost as a rookie this season, and he will progress in the future years.

    Because if this is it, I don't think it is enough for the Browns to move into elite, Super Bowl contention.

    And I say this as someone who all and all has been very impressed with Stefanski this season.

    You mean, sorta like Bart Starr? ?

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    You mean, sorta like Bart Starr? ?

    Mike

    You think the NFL in 2020 might be slightly different than the NFL in 1960?

  • @canton-mike said:

    You mean, sorta like Bart Starr? ?

    Mike

    You think the NFL in 2020 might be slightly different than the NFL in 1960?

    @dutch-oven said:

    You think the NFL in 2020 might be slightly different than the NFL in 1960?

    Yep, but similar style of play THIS year HAS taken the Browns to 7-3.

    Mike

  • @canton-mike said:

    You mean, sorta like Bart Starr? ?

    Mike

    You think the NFL in 2020 might be slightly different than the NFL in 1960?

    @dutch-oven said:

    You think the NFL in 2020 might be slightly different than the NFL in 1960?

    Not that much. It is still all about blocking and tackling 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    You think the NFL in 2020 might be slightly different than the NFL in 1960?

    Yep, but similar style of play THIS year HAS taken the Browns to 7-3.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Yep, but similar style of play THIS year HAS taken the Browns to 7-3.

    Mike

    And they got their doors completely blown off by the teams they are chasing in this division. 

    And yes I know Baltimore is behind the Browns in the standings, but I think we can agree that as a franchise the Browns aren't quite where Baltimore is year in and year out. 

  • @canton-mike said:

    Yep, but similar style of play THIS year HAS taken the Browns to 7-3.

    Mike

    And they got their doors completely blown off by the teams they are chasing in this division. 

    And yes I know Baltimore is behind the Browns in the standings, but I think we can agree that as a franchise the Browns aren't quite where Baltimore is year in and year out. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    And they got their doors completely blown off by the teams they are chasing in this division. 

    And yes I know Baltimore is behind the Browns in the standings, but I think we can agree that as a franchise the Browns aren't quite where Baltimore is year in and year out. 

    There is no doubt we aren't where the Ravens & Steelers are yet, that takes time, but I do believe a lot of pieces, on & off the field, are falling in place.

    Mike

  • @canton-mike said:

    Yep, but similar style of play THIS year HAS taken the Browns to 7-3.

    Mike

    And they got their doors completely blown off by the teams they are chasing in this division. 

    And yes I know Baltimore is behind the Browns in the standings, but I think we can agree that as a franchise the Browns aren't quite where Baltimore is year in and year out. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    And they got their doors completely blown off by the teams they are chasing in this division. 

    And yes I know Baltimore is behind the Browns in the standings, but I think we can agree that as a franchise the Browns aren't quite where Baltimore is year in and year out. 

    Well, if the Browns beat the Jags, and the Steelers beat the RFs...then THIS  we will have a 2 game lead over theme.    So all those past years will be OUT and this year we would be the ones IN. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    And they got their doors completely blown off by the teams they are chasing in this division. 

    And yes I know Baltimore is behind the Browns in the standings, but I think we can agree that as a franchise the Browns aren't quite where Baltimore is year in and year out. 

    There is no doubt we aren't where the Ravens & Steelers are yet, that takes time, but I do believe a lot of pieces, on & off the field, are falling in place.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    There is no doubt we aren't where the Ravens & Steelers are yet, that takes time, but I do believe a lot of pieces, on & off the field, are falling in place.

    Mike

    See above....you are right, we would not be where the Ravens are.....we would be better.    And if we beat Jax, our record will be better or as good as any team in the NFL except....the Steelers, Chiefs, and Saints   (assuming they beat Denver). 

  • @canton-mike said:

    There is no doubt we aren't where the Ravens & Steelers are yet, that takes time, but I do believe a lot of pieces, on & off the field, are falling in place.

    Mike

    See above....you are right, we would not be where the Ravens are.....we would be better.    And if we beat Jax, our record will be better or as good as any team in the NFL except....the Steelers, Chiefs, and Saints   (assuming they beat Denver). 

    @the-gipper said:

    See above....you are right, we would not be where the Ravens are.....we would be better.    And if we beat Jax, our record will be better or as good as any team in the NFL except....the Steelers, Chiefs, and Saints   (assuming they beat Denver). 

    Stop being so myopic. 

    Finishing ahead of a traditional playoff team for two decades ONCE doesn't mean anything if the Browns fall apart again next season, which is what they did the TWO times they actually finished higher than .500 since 1999. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    See above....you are right, we would not be where the Ravens are.....we would be better.    And if we beat Jax, our record will be better or as good as any team in the NFL except....the Steelers, Chiefs, and Saints   (assuming they beat Denver). 

    Stop being so myopic. 

    Finishing ahead of a traditional playoff team for two decades ONCE doesn't mean anything if the Browns fall apart again next season, which is what they did the TWO times they actually finished higher than .500 since 1999. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Stop being so myopic. 

    Finishing ahead of a traditional playoff team for two decades ONCE doesn't anything if the Browns fall apart again next season, which is what they did the TWO times they actually finished higher than .500 since 1999. 

    Well I’m talking about the here and now. And for the here and now,  and who knows about the future WE have the better record. And maybe we have a coach that will make us into a traditional playoff team . That’s starts now. For decades the New England Patriots were the most pathetic franchise in the NFL. But then they got a coach and a QB became the best franchise in the NFL. Things can and do change and hopefully they have for us at this point.   So, it appears to me that you are the one being myopic...only seeing the Browns through the narrow window of their recent past.  You may need to take the blinders off to see our potential bright future. 

  • @gumby73 said:

    Fan Questions.. https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/12/play-calling-message-to-baker-the-browns-offensive-line-finding-some-joy-hey-terry.html  always a Pluto classic..(classic photo too!) 

    Hey, Terry: How can we convince the fans if the Browns lose against Tennessee, it’s not the end of the world? – Charlie Connor

    Hey, Charlie: Just say this: “The Browns are 8-4.” Say it a few times, let it sink in. Then ask yourself, “In the summer, if the Browns had an 8-4 record after 12 games, would that make you smile?”
     
    ????????
  • @gumby73 said:

    Fan Questions.. https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/12/play-calling-message-to-baker-the-browns-offensive-line-finding-some-joy-hey-terry.html  always a Pluto classic..(classic photo too!) 

    Hey, Terry: How can we convince the fans if the Browns lose against Tennessee, it’s not the end of the world? – Charlie Connor

    Hey, Charlie: Just say this: “The Browns are 8-4.” Say it a few times, let it sink in. Then ask yourself, “In the summer, if the Browns had an 8-4 record after 12 games, would that make you smile?”
     
    ????????

    @texasag1969 said:

    Hey, Terry: How can we convince the fans if the Browns lose against Tennessee, it’s not the end of the world? – Charlie Connor

    Hey, Charlie: Just say this: “The Browns are 8-4.” Say it a few times, let it sink in. Then ask yourself, “In the summer, if the Browns had an 8-4 record after 12 games, would that make you smile?”
     
    ????????

    True.   The question will be though...where will we be in the playoff standings. 

    Tough schedule ahead:   Games with  Tits/Rats/Squibs...and two on the road in NY,  though even against bad teams, won't be easy.  See:  Jacksonville. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Hey, Terry: How can we convince the fans if the Browns lose against Tennessee, it’s not the end of the world? – Charlie Connor

    Hey, Charlie: Just say this: “The Browns are 8-4.” Say it a few times, let it sink in. Then ask yourself, “In the summer, if the Browns had an 8-4 record after 12 games, would that make you smile?”
     
    ????????

    True.   The question will be though...where will we be in the playoff standings. 

    Tough schedule ahead:   Games with  Tits/Rats/Squibs...and two on the road in NY,  though even against bad teams, won't be easy.  See:  Jacksonville. 

    @the-gipper said:

    True.   The question will be though...where will we be in the playoff standings. 

    Tough schedule ahead:   Games with  Tits/Rats/Squibs...and two on the road in NY,  though even against bad teams, won't be easy.  See:  Jacksonville. 

    Well since I was predicting 6-10 before the season given the weaknesses in the defense, they have already surpassed my expectations. Playoffs never even entered my mind.

  • @the-gipper said:

    True.   The question will be though...where will we be in the playoff standings. 

    Tough schedule ahead:   Games with  Tits/Rats/Squibs...and two on the road in NY,  though even against bad teams, won't be easy.  See:  Jacksonville. 

    Well since I was predicting 6-10 before the season given the weaknesses in the defense, they have already surpassed my expectations. Playoffs never even entered my mind.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well since I was predicting 6-10 before the season given the weaknesses in the defense, they have already surpassed my expectations. Playoffs never even entered my mind.

    Playoffs. Playoffs?Playoffs. Playoffs?