Hue fired
-
I didn't watch it but I can see that it was huge in getting CLE to where the Browns are at this moment.
It was obvious as the nose on your face that Haley and Hue weren't going to get along. Haley didn't respect Hue's "candy-butt" way of leadership, and Hue wanted nothing to do with any OC coming in and taking his offense over.
And I never got the impression Mayfield wanted anything to do with him. Every time Hue would talk to him, Baker seemed to have this look on his face like: "Dude, I'm barely even going to bother learning your name, because I know you aren't long for this place."
It was obvious as the nose on your face that Haley and Hue weren't going to get along. Haley didn't respect Hue's "candy-butt" way of leadership, and Hue wanted nothing to do with any OC coming in and taking his offense over.
And I never got the impression Mayfield wanted anything to do with him. Every time Hue would talk to him, Baker seemed to have this look on his face like: "Dude, I'm barely even going to bother learning your name, because I know you aren't long for this place."
Never a Hue fan, but I gave him the benefit of doubt, much like the Browns did, right up to the Steeler game. Not a fan of change to make change.
But, after that game I was in a conversation with Marko and a few others and we were debating who gets fired, Hue or Haley, and I said "Fire them both tonight".
I looked past the 1-31, this was a new beginning. But you played Pittsburgh to a draw over 5 quarters in week one, and now you look like a college team in the second half against them. That's regression. And, as for Haley, if he can't take commands or criticism ... good luck to ya.
I think Baker is in better hands with Freddie Kitchens the rest of the year, he knows Haley's offense inside and out, and has probably been wanting to throw in some of his own stuff, and as a former QB, he is going to protect Baker as well as give him opportunities to make plays.
Gregg Williams:
First order of business: Demand an real NFL kicker from personnel.
Second order of business: Sit down with Baker, tell him you've got his back ... but that you'll be over on the defensive side of the ball, bye.
Third order of business: Grab some motherfucker by the facemask at the first practice and let the team know that Club Med is over, they are going to work their asses off and be held accountable.
Zombo
-
It was obvious as the nose on your face that Haley and Hue weren't going to get along. Haley didn't respect Hue's "candy-butt" way of leadership, and Hue wanted nothing to do with any OC coming in and taking his offense over.
And I never got the impression Mayfield wanted anything to do with him. Every time Hue would talk to him, Baker seemed to have this look on his face like: "Dude, I'm barely even going to bother learning your name, because I know you aren't long for this place."
Never a Hue fan, but I gave him the benefit of doubt, much like the Browns did, right up to the Steeler game. Not a fan of change to make change.
But, after that game I was in a conversation with Marko and a few others and we were debating who gets fired, Hue or Haley, and I said "Fire them both tonight".
I looked past the 1-31, this was a new beginning. But you played Pittsburgh to a draw over 5 quarters in week one, and now you look like a college team in the second half against them. That's regression. And, as for Haley, if he can't take commands or criticism ... good luck to ya.
I think Baker is in better hands with Freddie Kitchens the rest of the year, he knows Haley's offense inside and out, and has probably been wanting to throw in some of his own stuff, and as a former QB, he is going to protect Baker as well as give him opportunities to make plays.
Gregg Williams:
First order of business: Demand an real NFL kicker from personnel.
Second order of business: Sit down with Baker, tell him you've got his back ... but that you'll be over on the defensive side of the ball, bye.
Third order of business: Grab some motherfucker by the facemask at the first practice and let the team know that Club Med is over, they are going to work their asses off and be held accountable.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Gregg Williams:
First order of business: Demand an real NFL kicker from personnel.
They're on back order.
-
Zombo said:
According to Tony Grossi, Hue hired Haley. Hue was in charge of the coaching staff and reported directly to Haslem.
I'm sure Hue did "make the hire", but...
- it was no secret that hiring an OC was a prerequisite for Hue continuing as the HC; and
- Haley's name was likely suggested for Hue's consideration.
-
Zombo said:
According to Tony Grossi, Hue hired Haley. Hue was in charge of the coaching staff and reported directly to Haslem.
I'm sure Hue did "make the hire", but...
- it was no secret that hiring an OC was a prerequisite for Hue continuing as the HC; and
- Haley's name was likely suggested for Hue's consideration.
I'm sure Hue did "make the hire", but...
- it was no secret that hiring an OC was a prerequisite for Hue continuing as the HC; and
- Haley's name was likely suggested for Hue's consideration.
There have been theories that the bad playcalling was an attempt to sabotage the head coaching position from Jackson.
I wouldn’t put it passed an OC who’s been an OC for a long time lol
-
Zombo said:
Gregg Williams:
First order of business: Demand an real NFL kicker from personnel.
They're on back order.
They're (kickers) on back order.
I know, but at least this week, we have to let the dust settle before we have kicking tryouts... Joseph is going to have to do, maybe up until the bye.
-
They're (kickers) on back order.
I know, but at least this week, we have to let the dust settle before we have kicking tryouts... Joseph is going to have to do, maybe up until the bye.
-
I'm sure Hue did "make the hire", but...
- it was no secret that hiring an OC was a prerequisite for Hue continuing as the HC; and
- Haley's name was likely suggested for Hue's consideration.
There have been theories that the bad playcalling was an attempt to sabotage the head coaching position from Jackson.
I wouldn’t put it passed an OC who’s been an OC for a long time lol
There have been theories that the bad playcalling was an attempt to sabotage the head coaching position from Jackson.
I wouldn’t put it passed an OC who’s been an OC for a long time lol
I doubt that. I don't think Haley would purposely call bad plays to get Hue fired.
I do however believe Haley absolutely detested having to have Hue "approve" of his plays, and that Hue was telling him what to do. Hence why Haley would call plays Hue told him not to call, just to spite him, and because he thought Hue was wrong, and a "control freak".
Hue is no longer the captain, and I actually feel bad for him. He was a horrible coach, but now he goes down in history as one of the worst HC's of all time.
-
-
Zac Taylor seems to be the favorite
RAMS QB COACH ZAC TAYLOR
(Photo: Mark J. Rebilas, USA TODAY Sports)
Rams quarterback coach Zac Taylor has already seen a swing in the odds. He went from +550 to +200 this afternoon and is considered the favorite for the job. The 35 year old has been learning under head coach Sean McVay the past two seasons. He spent four seasons with the Miami Dolphins earlier in his career before serving as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach of the Cincinnati Bearcats in 2016. Young offensive coaches are all the rage in today's NFL, especially those that have coached under McVay.
-
Get him a decent kicking coach and he could be fine. Lack of real coaching has killed us.
A kicking coach?
Name one "kicking coach" in the history of the NFL.
-
It was obvious as the nose on your face that Haley and Hue weren't going to get along. Haley didn't respect Hue's "candy-butt" way of leadership, and Hue wanted nothing to do with any OC coming in and taking his offense over.
And I never got the impression Mayfield wanted anything to do with him. Every time Hue would talk to him, Baker seemed to have this look on his face like: "Dude, I'm barely even going to bother learning your name, because I know you aren't long for this place."
Never a Hue fan, but I gave him the benefit of doubt, much like the Browns did, right up to the Steeler game. Not a fan of change to make change.
But, after that game I was in a conversation with Marko and a few others and we were debating who gets fired, Hue or Haley, and I said "Fire them both tonight".
I looked past the 1-31, this was a new beginning. But you played Pittsburgh to a draw over 5 quarters in week one, and now you look like a college team in the second half against them. That's regression. And, as for Haley, if he can't take commands or criticism ... good luck to ya.
I think Baker is in better hands with Freddie Kitchens the rest of the year, he knows Haley's offense inside and out, and has probably been wanting to throw in some of his own stuff, and as a former QB, he is going to protect Baker as well as give him opportunities to make plays.
Gregg Williams:
First order of business: Demand an real NFL kicker from personnel.
Second order of business: Sit down with Baker, tell him you've got his back ... but that you'll be over on the defensive side of the ball, bye.
Third order of business: Grab some motherfucker by the facemask at the first practice and let the team know that Club Med is over, they are going to work their asses off and be held accountable.
Zombo
Zombo said:
you played Pittsburgh to a draw over 5 quarters in week one, and now you look like a college team
We got 6 turnovers from the Steelers in that game. And we didn't win. You cannot be a very good team when you're plus 5 in turnovers in a football game, and don't win.
The reason this 2nd Steeler game was worse was because we were missing Shobert and other defenders....and because we didn't get 6 turnovers.
I was quite surprised that Hue wasn't fired after the Tampa Bay game. I felt certain that THAT was it for him. I just didn't realize that the Browns actually fire coaches after Steeler games...so it had to wait a week.
Haslam is a dope. He fired 2 coaches in a row after 1 year of service. How dumb was that? What kind of message did THAT send to perspective coaches? "Stay the hell away from that trigger fingered wacko" is what the message was. THEN, he couldn't GET a coach and had to settle for Pettine. So he had the Pettine / Farmer war. And Text Gate. And Shanahan saying, "I'm getting the hell out of THIS wacky environment". Perspective coaches were taking their names OFF of the table. Haslam did all of that! - Then, he gets Hue, who showed us in year one that he was a terrible game-day coach...but he allowed HIM to stay on two and a half years, amassing 3 whole wins. He couldn't fire him because he'd look like the same ol' trigger fingered wacko. - as stated in another thread, Haslam Is The Problem. (just look at our uniforms....the man can do NOTHING right) He's got to be locked in his office and Dorsey has got to get us a coach and Dorsey needs to run the team.....AND he should probably fix the uniforms too 'cuz Haslam will probably have us wearing polka dots next.
I hate to sound like the Ghoul....but I knew Hue was the wrong coach at halftime of game six in year one of Hue. But we had to keep him for 2+ more years. We NEED constancy. But FIRST you've gotta get the right people to keep.
-
Get him a decent kicking coach and he could be fine. Lack of real coaching has killed us.
A kicking coach?
Name one "kicking coach" in the history of the NFL.
A kicking coach?
Name one "kicking coach" in the history of the NFL.
You asked.
Kelli McGonagill Finglass (born December 30, 1964) is the current director of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. She is also a former member of the squad. She appears in and is an executive producer of the CMT reality series Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team.
-
Zombo said:
According to Tony Grossi, Hue hired Haley. Hue was in charge of the coaching staff and reported directly to Haslem.
Zombo
I'm sure Hue did "make the hire", but...
- it was no secret that hiring an OC was a prerequisite for Hue continuing as the HC; and
- Haley's name was likely suggested for Hue's consideration.
sounds like Haslam falls on the sword for his head coach hiring & hiring of Todd?
Toad ran over by Hue-bus ??
-
There have been theories that the bad playcalling was an attempt to sabotage the head coaching position from Jackson.
I wouldn’t put it passed an OC who’s been an OC for a long time lol
I doubt that. I don't think Haley would purposely call bad plays to get Hue fired.
I do however believe Haley absolutely detested having to have Hue "approve" of his plays, and that Hue was telling him what to do. Hence why Haley would call plays Hue told him not to call, just to spite him, and because he thought Hue was wrong, and a "control freak".
Hue is no longer the captain, and I actually feel bad for him. He was a horrible coach, but now he goes down in history as one of the worst HC's of all time.
I doubt that. I don't think Haley would purposely call bad plays to get Hue fired.
Agree...
Some folks can't resist a good conspiracy theory...
... or even a bad one.
-
I doubt that. I don't think Haley would purposely call bad plays to get Hue fired.
Agree...
Some folks can't resist a good conspiracy theory...
... or even a bad one.
-
Lol Lincoln Riley wouldn’t coach this dumpster fire for $7 million per
-
Lol Lincoln Riley wouldn’t coach this dumpster fire for $7 million per
Lol Lincoln Riley wouldn’t coach this dumpster fire for $7 million per
Oklahoma might pay him that much to stick around... Don't get me started on how insane it is for colleges to pay their head coaches 50 times what their professors make...
-
Lol Lincoln Riley wouldn’t coach this dumpster fire for $7 million per
Lol Lincoln Riley wouldn’t coach this dumpster fire for $7 million per
He might or he might not. Depends on how bad he wants to coach in the NFL. You guys act like there's a million NFL head coaching jobs. There's 32 of them. No matter how good or bad a team might be, they are all desirable jobs.
-
Dammit where's cal when we really need him??
Still desperately looking for proof that Hilary was running a white slave ring out of the basement of a pizza shop? ?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login



