Candidates
-
Id wonder what the reasoning is that McVay is on that list? Unless there is another guy out there named Sean McVay.
-
Id wonder what the reasoning is that McVay is on that list? Unless there is another guy out there named Sean McVay.
-
-
Jim Brown
-
Jim Brown
Jim Brown
He's busy. Still trying to figure out what the hell Kanye West was talking about.?
-
Jim Brown
He's busy. Still trying to figure out what the hell Kanye West was talking about.?
He's busy. Still trying to figure out what the hell Kanye West was talking about.?
"When West started rapping to the Donald,I really had no chance of getting a word in". Also, "After reading draft cards of Kizer & Corbett I seem to be the next in line of being fired of my duties" .....#32
-
Not sure on who for HC, I wouldn't mind Mike Zimmer if the Vikings pull the plug.
I would love to see Darrell Bevell as the OC coaching Mayfield though regardless of HC.
-
I get that Lincoln Riley screams Sean Mcvay clone, but the differences are stark as well. I'd want to see Riley start as an OC in the NFL at least a year before jumping head first into that situation.
Betting money IMO today would be Dave Toub in KC. It's not a "sexy" pick by any means but he's incredibly familiar with Dorsey and has done some great work in KC as well.
I get that Lincoln Riley screams Sean Mcvay clone, but the differences are stark as well. I'd want to see Riley start as an OC in the NFL at least a year before jumping head first into that situation.
Betting money IMO today would be Dave Toub in KC. It's not a "sexy" pick by any means but he's incredibly familiar with Dorsey and has done some great work in KC as well.
Lincoln Riley has one season as a college coach under his belt. Not sure I get where everyone is coming from with all the love.
-
-
Vegas Odds on next coach
As cool as it would be to have two of my favorite Nebraska quarterbacks coaching both my college and pro teams, I would be pretty damn underwhelmed with Zac Taylor.
He has one season where he was named interim offensive coordinator with the Dolphins, when his father-in-law was the coach. Aside from that, his only coordinator experience is a one-year stint at Cincinnati (the college) in 2016.
I don’t care that Goff is the second coming of David this season, Taylor isn’t ready to be the Goliath in charge yet.
-
Vegas Odds on next coach
As cool as it would be to have two of my favorite Nebraska quarterbacks coaching both my college and pro teams, I would be pretty damn underwhelmed with Zac Taylor.
He has one season where he was named interim offensive coordinator with the Dolphins, when his father-in-law was the coach. Aside from that, his only coordinator experience is a one-year stint at Cincinnati (the college) in 2016.
I don’t care that Goff is the second coming of David this season, Taylor isn’t ready to be the Goliath in charge yet.
As cool as it would be to have two of my favorite Nebraska quarterbacks coaching both my college and pro teams, I would be pretty damn underwhelmed with Zac Taylor.
He has one season where he was named interim offensive coordinator with the Dolphins, when his father-in-law was the coach. Aside from that, his only coordinator experience is a one-year stint at Cincinnati (the college) in 2016.
I don’t care that Goff is the second coming of David this season, Taylor isn’t ready to be the Goliath in charge yet.
No guarantees he's the guy or even if he would be a good HC, however go back and read the comments and opinions when the Rams hired McVay 2 seasons ago. No one had a clue who the dude was and thought the Rams were stupid.
-
I get that Lincoln Riley screams Sean Mcvay clone, but the differences are stark as well. I'd want to see Riley start as an OC in the NFL at least a year before jumping head first into that situation.
Betting money IMO today would be Dave Toub in KC. It's not a "sexy" pick by any means but he's incredibly familiar with Dorsey and has done some great work in KC as well.
Betting money IMO today would be Dave Toub in KC. It's not a "sexy" pick by any means but he's incredibly familiar with Dorsey and has done some great work in KC as well.
If Dorsey could find a way to trade a LB to KC, say the likes of Jamie Collins to lock-up Toub? He might avoid the rush of waiting thru the playoffs..Toub has spent 17 seasons split up with Philly,Bears & KC..Toub spent 11 seasons at Missouri as strength/conditioning coach.(also needed).Andy Reid was the OL coach there too..He's not a NFL re-thread coach nor College hopeful. We have some talent.It's just not getting the upgraded techniques needed in the NFL..Toub carries enough league experience, like Nagy at Bears, that he could bring some much needed G00D position coaches along also.. colleges coaches? imo, they have a small list of position coaches teaching college techs not pro level//
-
Don't bet on Harbaugh.
If he were to leave my team, I'd want him to come to my other team. He's literally they exact opposite of Hue.
But he ain't leaving
-
Names for permanent job;
Dave Toub Special teams coach for Chiefs
Lincoln Riley.....HC of Oklahoma
I have said Munchak.....though no one else has mentioned him.
Name names here.
Names for permanent job;
Dave Toub Special teams coach for Chiefs
Lincoln Riley.....HC of Oklahoma
I have said Munchak.....though no one else has mentioned him.
Name names here.
I'd love:
Matt LaFleur
Eric Bieniemy
John DeFilippo
Zac Taylor
Mark Helfrich
-
I get that Lincoln Riley screams Sean Mcvay clone, but the differences are stark as well. I'd want to see Riley start as an OC in the NFL at least a year before jumping head first into that situation.
Betting money IMO today would be Dave Toub in KC. It's not a "sexy" pick by any means but he's incredibly familiar with Dorsey and has done some great work in KC as well.
I get that Lincoln Riley screams Sean Mcvay clone, but the differences are stark as well. I'd want to see Riley start as an OC in the NFL at least a year before jumping head first into that situation.
lmao....Riley makes over 5 million a year now and is likely to bump up to 6.5-7 shortly if they make the playoff.....he proably wouldnt even take the Browns HC ob if offered. The idea that he is going to go from a perfect HC situation at OU to a coordinator job anywhere in the nfl is absurd.
-
Betting money IMO today would be Dave Toub in KC. It's not a "sexy" pick by any means but he's incredibly familiar with Dorsey and has done some great work in KC as well.
If Dorsey could find a way to trade a LB to KC, say the likes of Jamie Collins to lock-up Toub? He might avoid the rush of waiting thru the playoffs..Toub has spent 17 seasons split up with Philly,Bears & KC..Toub spent 11 seasons at Missouri as strength/conditioning coach.(also needed).Andy Reid was the OL coach there too..He's not a NFL re-thread coach nor College hopeful. We have some talent.It's just not getting the upgraded techniques needed in the NFL..Toub carries enough league experience, like Nagy at Bears, that he could bring some much needed G00D position coaches along also.. colleges coaches? imo, they have a small list of position coaches teaching college techs not pro level//
If Dorsey could find a way to trade a LB to KC, say the likes of Jamie Collins to lock-up Toub? He might avoid the rush of waiting thru the playoffs..Toub has spent 17 seasons split up with Philly,Bears & KC..Toub spent 11 seasons at Missouri as strength/conditioning coach.(also needed).Andy Reid was the OL coach there too..He's not a NFL re-thread coach nor College hopeful. We have some talent.It's just not getting the upgraded techniques needed in the NFL..Toub carries enough league experience, like Nagy at Bears, that he could bring some much needed G00D position coaches along also.. colleges coaches? imo, they have a small list of position coaches teaching college techs not pro level//
Problem is- he's under contract with KC and any offer would be considered tampering at this point in the season... Now when the Chiefs are in Cleveland- and he's on the field- hey Dave you interested?
BTW, some of the posters here have already so soured on the Browns- they'd probably vote for the Homeless Guy as next coach.
-
As cool as it would be to have two of my favorite Nebraska quarterbacks coaching both my college and pro teams, I would be pretty damn underwhelmed with Zac Taylor.
He has one season where he was named interim offensive coordinator with the Dolphins, when his father-in-law was the coach. Aside from that, his only coordinator experience is a one-year stint at Cincinnati (the college) in 2016.
I don’t care that Goff is the second coming of David this season, Taylor isn’t ready to be the Goliath in charge yet.
No guarantees he's the guy or even if he would be a good HC, however go back and read the comments and opinions when the Rams hired McVay 2 seasons ago. No one had a clue who the dude was and thought the Rams were stupid.
No guarantees he's the guy or even if he would be a good HC, however go back and read the comments and opinions when the Rams hired McVay 2 seasons ago. No one had a clue who the dude was and thought the Rams were stupid.
I’m not saying he wouldn’t work, but I’d be a bit more skeptical than if it were someone with more coordinator experience.
I’m usually pretty happy to have my skepticism shattered.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login