McCarthy?
-
He’s shown all year how out of date he is.
The NFL has moved on from the likes of Mike McCarthy.
-
Sorry if this has been beaten to death. If so, I hope the Administer pulls this post or - at least - merges with an ongoing dialogue.
Who will be the next Browns' coach?
Although it seems that the current guy has a good chance of getting the full-time gig, Dorsey has lots of contacts across the league (Green Bay, Seattle, Kansas City).
Given his success with putting points on the board - i.e. giving Mayfield what he needs to become a premier NFL QB - his experience in cold weather, AND his Green Bay roots with Dorsey), I believe Mike McCarthy will be given strong consideration for the HC position.
Opening up myself to lost of criticisms, etc. I state the Mike McCarthy - assuming he leaves GB - should be the next Browns HC.
Let's start (or continue) a discussion.
Sorry if this has been beaten to death. If so, I hope the Administer pulls this post or - at least - merges with an ongoing dialogue.
Who will be the next Browns' coach?
Although it seems that the current guy has a good chance of getting the full-time gig, Dorsey has lots of contacts across the league (Green Bay, Seattle, Kansas City).
Given his success with putting points on the board - i.e. giving Mayfield what he needs to become a premier NFL QB - his experience in cold weather, AND his Green Bay roots with Dorsey), I believe Mike McCarthy will be given strong consideration for the HC position.
Opening up myself to lost of criticisms, etc. I state the Mike McCarthy - assuming he leaves GB - should be the next Browns HC.
Let's start (or continue) a discussion.
I don't know if you're joking or being serious. McCarthy moves at too slow a pace like others said. He can't even set Rodgers up for success, and he's one of the best QB's of his generation. I'd take Gregg Williams 10/10 times over McCarthy.
-
Here's an article that speaks to the idea that the game has possibly passed McCarthy by...
-
I do wonder (and I don't know if it happened) if the "the game has passed him by" argument was used against Andy Reid at the end of his run in Philly… If I recall it seemed to be more of a "things have gotten stale" situation.
-
I do wonder (and I don't know if it happened) if the "the game has passed him by" argument was used against Andy Reid at the end of his run in Philly… If I recall it seemed to be more of a "things have gotten stale" situation.
I do wonder (and I don't know if it happened) if the "the game has passed him by" argument was used against Andy Reid at the end of his run in Philly… If I recall it seemed to be more of a "things have gotten stale" situation.
There's always some of that even after his great run: https://insidetheiggles.com/2016/12/26/decision-fire-andy-reid-four-years-later/
.......Reid went 130-93-1 as the Eagles’ coach, but for all of his accomplishments, there were some questionable moments. There was the “Dream Team” debacle. That wasn’t completely his fault, but many throw much of the blame for that in Reid’s lap. Other decisions led some to wonder if he had lost it completely....... READ ON
-
If Mike McCarthy is the answer, I dont want to know what the question is.
As Triumph the Insult Comic Dog taught us to say, he's a great coach for me to p00p on.
-
He’s shown all year how out of date he is.
The NFL has moved on from the likes of Mike McCarthy.
He’s shown all year how out of date he is.
The NFL has moved on from the likes of Mike McCarthy.
Would you like him better, London, if he didn't have an Irish surname?
PS Who is your favorite Premier League team?
-
Ive seen the Pack regress enough over the last 5 years to make McCarthy a hard pass as of right now.
-
Not my first choice but we could do well with him I’m my opinion and I would rather take a shot on him than a college coach if I’m honest, especially Riley
imo we need a coach who is going to get us there challenging season after season and he can do that
i think he would automatically be better HC than any others in the division which would be a good platform to build on and he obviously would work alongside with Highsmith/Wolfe and Dorsey
-
He’s better then any coach the Browns have had since 1999
That is a pretty low bar. He won a lot of games with Aaron Rodgers at QB.
-
He’s better then any coach the Browns have had since 1999
That is a pretty low bar. He won a lot of games with Aaron Rodgers at QB.
That is a pretty low bar. He won a lot of games with Aaron Rodgers at QB.
And Brett Favre?
-
Let's stop pretending homosexual soyboy Aaron Rodgers is some Peyton Manning-esque QB capable of carrying a team to win after win. Rodgers is the problem in Green Bay, not Mike McCarthy.
-
Not only that... He wouldn't have the say kind of autonomy that he does now to control and recruit the talent that he does now on the roster......
Maybe its just me, but I don't see why a NFL HC gig would be a step up from being HC at a place like Ohio State. You get paid as well, you get to recruit who you want, and because players only stick around for 3-5 years, your message has a far less chance to get stale.
Maybe its just me, but I don't see why a NFL HC gig would be a step up from being HC at a place like Ohio State.
Other than "for the challenge" there really isn't any.
Recruiting is no picnic, however. Trading that time for more time dealing with the game could appeal to some.
He is better then any coach the Browns have had since Paul Brown.
Can you name a McCarthy innovation?
Here's an article that speaks to the idea that the game has possibly passed McCarthy by...
You mean the part where they talk about the Packer Offense "stagnating"?
-
I'd love to see Lincoln Riley and keep Gregg Williams as D Coordinator.
-
The "McCarthy is outdated" storyline is strong among many writing about his firing, but consider the Packers points scored totals for:
2014: 486 points scored (30.4/game)
2015: 368 (23.0/game)
2016: 432 (27.0/game)
In 2017 Rodgers was knocked out for most of the season. The Packers offensive numbers have been mediocre this year with Rodgers, though.
-
I'd love to see Lincoln Riley and keep Gregg Williams as D Coordinator.
I'd love to see Lincoln Riley and keep Gregg Williams as D Coordinator.
I'm starting to have some doubts about Williams as DC.
Do you want him to stay for continuity sake or do you like the job he's done as DC?
-
He’s shown all year how out of date he is.
The NFL has moved on from the likes of Mike McCarthy.
Would you like him better, London, if he didn't have an Irish surname?
PS Who is your favorite Premier League team?
Would you like him better, London, if he didn't have an Irish surname?
PS Who is your favorite Premier League team?
Lol no
Tottenham
-
I'd love to see Lincoln Riley and keep Gregg Williams as D Coordinator.
I'm starting to have some doubts about Williams as DC.
Do you want him to stay for continuity sake or do you like the job he's done as DC?
I'm starting to have some doubts about Williams as DC.
Do you want him to stay for continuity sake or do you like the job he's done as DC?
Continuity and I think his defense at full strength is adequate
-
Freddie Kitchens deserves at minimum an interview for the OC job.. i'd like to see what he can do with a full offseason
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login