Skip to content

Id like to see the Browns def emulate something from the texans D next year....

The Browns Board
92 17 2.0k
  • @mld-woody said:

    There are so many great DL this year, that some have to be available. 

    Rashan might drop depending on the health of his shoulder

    Im not that high on rashan as of now. We missed on hurst tho, i called that one....

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #71

    @clevfan4life said:

    Im not that high on rashan as of now. We missed on hurst tho, i called that one....

    PFF loved Hurst.

    They love Winovich this year. 

    Maybe we start alternating high picks on OSU and Michigan players now? 🙂

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Im not that high on rashan as of now. We missed on hurst tho, i called that one....

    PFF loved Hurst.

    They love Winovich this year. 

    Maybe we start alternating high picks on OSU and Michigan players now? 🙂

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @mld-woody said:

    PFF loved Hurst.

    They love Winovich this year. 

    Maybe we start alternating high picks on OSU and Michigan players now? 🙂

    Solid pass on captain "mirage" There.  

  • @mld-woody said:

    PFF loved Hurst.

    They love Winovich this year. 

    Maybe we start alternating high picks on OSU and Michigan players now? 🙂

    Solid pass on captain "mirage" There.  

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #73

    @tiamat63 said:

    Solid pass on captain "mirage" There.  

    He probably doesn't really fit what we're looking for right now anyway....

    just saying...

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Solid pass on captain "mirage" There.  

    He probably doesn't really fit what we're looking for right now anyway....

    just saying...

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @mld-woody said:

    He probably doesn't really fit what we're looking for right now anyway....

    just saying...

    Actually if we were looking at upgrading Ogbah he would be more in that mold than,  say,  Josh Allen. 

  • @mld-woody said:

    He probably doesn't really fit what we're looking for right now anyway....

    just saying...

    Actually if we were looking at upgrading Ogbah he would be more in that mold than,  say,  Josh Allen. 

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #75

    @tiamat63 said:

    Actually if we were looking at upgrading Ogbah he would be more in that mold than,  say,  Josh Allen. 

    Sure. I'm not sure if he'd be an end though. He's being projected at OLB. Ogbah is bigger too. 

    Better chance we take Gary (or Bush) than Winovich I think.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Actually if we were looking at upgrading Ogbah he would be more in that mold than,  say,  Josh Allen. 

    Sure. I'm not sure if he'd be an end though. He's being projected at OLB. Ogbah is bigger too. 

    Better chance we take Gary (or Bush) than Winovich I think.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #76

    @mld-woody said:

    Sure. I'm not sure if he'd be an end though. He's being projected at OLB. Ogbah is bigger too. 

    Better chance we take Gary (or Bush) than Winovich I think.

    Man crush on Bush this draft.  Kid could step in for Jamie or Kirk and be an upgrade.  

  • @mld-woody said:

    Sure. I'm not sure if he'd be an end though. He's being projected at OLB. Ogbah is bigger too. 

    Better chance we take Gary (or Bush) than Winovich I think.

    Man crush on Bush this draft.  Kid could step in for Jamie or Kirk and be an upgrade.  

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #77

    @tiamat63 said:

    Man crush on Bush this draft.  Kid could step in for Jamie or Kirk and be an upgrade.  

    If he steps in for Jamie Kirk does that make him Picard 

  • @mld-woody said:

    Sure. I'm not sure if he'd be an end though. He's being projected at OLB. Ogbah is bigger too. 

    Better chance we take Gary (or Bush) than Winovich I think.

    Man crush on Bush this draft.  Kid could step in for Jamie or Kirk and be an upgrade.  

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #78

    @tiamat63 said:

    Man crush on Bush this draft.  Kid could step in for Jamie or Kirk and be an upgrade.  

    You're not concerned about his size?

  • @mld-woody said:

    Sure. I'm not sure if he'd be an end though. He's being projected at OLB. Ogbah is bigger too. 

    Better chance we take Gary (or Bush) than Winovich I think.

    Man crush on Bush this draft.  Kid could step in for Jamie or Kirk and be an upgrade.  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #79

    @tiamat63 said:

    Man crush on Bush this draft.  Kid could step in for Jamie or Kirk and be an upgrade.  

    I can see Bush as a late 2nd to early 4th round pick. If we want a LB as our 2nd round pick, there are better ones out there. All depends on our last 3 games where we are in the draft order and who Dorsey wants added to round out this team.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #80

    Mcshay has us taking some monster DT from miss st

  • Mcshay has us taking some monster DT from miss st

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @clevfan4life said:

    Mcshay has us taking some monster DT from miss st

    Todd's changed his mind already?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Man crush on Bush this draft.  Kid could step in for Jamie or Kirk and be an upgrade.  

    I can see Bush as a late 2nd to early 4th round pick. If we want a LB as our 2nd round pick, there are better ones out there. All depends on our last 3 games where we are in the draft order and who Dorsey wants added to round out this team.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #82

    @texasag1969 said:

    I can see Bush as a late 2nd to early 4th round pick. If we want a LB as our 2nd round pick, there are better ones out there. All depends on our last 3 games where we are in the draft order and who Dorsey wants added to round out this team.

    Bush is gonna be long gone by then man...

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Again with outdated terms. 

    What is your term of preference, good sir?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #83

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    What is your term of preference, good sir?

    My term of preference depends on the philosophy and coach.

    @tour2ma said:

    Right now, no, but players grow and I think Avery has already shown growth.

    Of course the other side of my comment is Kirk's game. Clearly he's regressed this season. The question is why. If due to injury, then he has a shot at holding Avery off. However, if it's not...

    Avery has shown growth but positioning him to take over as a full time WLB might be asking much.   I don't think he's fluid enough laterally and downfield to cover well plus those snaps would take away from what he has shown to be solid at - rushing the passer.  

    @mld-woody said:

    You're not concerned about his size?

    Depends on where we align him and who we place in front of him.  But his ability to run, hit, tackle and cover is pretty evident to my eyes.   He's listed as 6'1 235 so that means he's 6'0 225-230ish.   Really he isn't much smaller than Kirksey.

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    What is your term of preference, good sir?

    My term of preference depends on the philosophy and coach.

    @tour2ma said:

    Right now, no, but players grow and I think Avery has already shown growth.

    Of course the other side of my comment is Kirk's game. Clearly he's regressed this season. The question is why. If due to injury, then he has a shot at holding Avery off. However, if it's not...

    Avery has shown growth but positioning him to take over as a full time WLB might be asking much.   I don't think he's fluid enough laterally and downfield to cover well plus those snaps would take away from what he has shown to be solid at - rushing the passer.  

    @mld-woody said:

    You're not concerned about his size?

    Depends on where we align him and who we place in front of him.  But his ability to run, hit, tackle and cover is pretty evident to my eyes.   He's listed as 6'1 235 so that means he's 6'0 225-230ish.   Really he isn't much smaller than Kirksey.

    CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #84

    @tiamat63 said:

    My term of preference depends on the philosophy and coach.

    A 4-3 is a 4-3. Two DTs, two edge, 3 LBs.

    3-4 has one NT, 2 ends, and 2 MLBs.

    am I missing something?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    My term of preference depends on the philosophy and coach.

    A 4-3 is a 4-3. Two DTs, two edge, 3 LBs.

    3-4 has one NT, 2 ends, and 2 MLBs.

    am I missing something?

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    A 4-3 is a 4-3. Two DTs, two edge, 3 LBs.

    3-4 has one NT, 2 ends, and 2 MLBs.

    am I missing something?

    1 NT, 1 DT, 1 DT/DE   

    If we're nitty pickin

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I can see Bush as a late 2nd to early 4th round pick. If we want a LB as our 2nd round pick, there are better ones out there. All depends on our last 3 games where we are in the draft order and who Dorsey wants added to round out this team.

    Bush is gonna be long gone by then man...

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #86

    @mld-woody said:

    Bush is gonna be long gone by then man...

    By late second? I doubt it. Too many good defenders ahead of him.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    My term of preference depends on the philosophy and coach.

    A 4-3 is a 4-3. Two DTs, two edge, 3 LBs.

    3-4 has one NT, 2 ends, and 2 MLBs.

    am I missing something?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #87

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    A 4-3 is a 4-3. Two DTs, two edge, 3 LBs.

    3-4 has one NT, 2 ends, and 2 MLBs.

    am I missing something?

    4 man fronts have a 'nose' assignment in classic terminology.   And what are the personnel like in your 43?  Ive seen peppers align in our base looks as a 43 stack backer but that would be a nickel personnel. 

    In a 34 you don't always have a traditional 350lb nose in some 1 gap schemes - Ask Wade philips.  

    If you're using simple,  base defense terms then sure,  that's fine.   But that isn't how football works much anymore and if you think 1 gap hogging monsters can't work in a 4 man front and that you need two "DT" s...then I'll be happy to provide you with plenty of examples to the counter. 

    What about odd or ENT fronts and using a 2pt backer on the end?     So many ways to align that being so simple is criminal. 

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #88

    I can't believe we're actually having a discussion about Avery full-time.. he's the lowest-rated edge in coverage in the league.. even if he improves from current level I don't have confidence he'll improve all the way up to "average".. Yes it would be nice to be wrong but he was drafted in the correct round and unless he flashes in the preseason, depth is a good problem to have.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Bush is gonna be long gone by then man...

    By late second? I doubt it. Too many good defenders ahead of him.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by MLD Woody
    #89

    @texasag1969 said:

    By late second? I doubt it. Too many good defenders ahead of him.

    Kiper has Bush at #10 overall

    McShay has him going #21 to the Ravens

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #90

    if williams stays? GW could care less with what works for Crennel & the Texans.(just ask him😉). In GW system, I can see 2 DT's under 300 hundy at Bama & 1 at Auburn that could move a pocket..were far from DT FA's list that wreck drafting ideas..but that's why Dorsey hires guys like Wolfe & Highsmith.Go for it dudes, i love new thoughts & ideas. who cares. but has Elway learned about himself drafting QB's yet?..ya think Elway will ever lower his ego to hire a scout like Scott McLaughlin this off season for QB advice? dorsey did ..tick tock..