Josh Gordon Leaving the Patriots to Focus on Mental Health
-
-
But but but boo hoo we gave him up for nothing. He's going to be a star.
In all seriousness best of luck to Josh but this was tonight.
Edit PoG you need to see this. He failed a drug test. This mental health thing is true but his mental health problem is addiction
My friends cousin just saw josh gordon drinking in a bar at ATL airport
-
As I've said since Dorsey announced that he'd be cutting Gordon, ' You cannot have a guy like that on your team. ' Everybody attends training camp, works hard, gets to meetings on time, etc. And then there's him. And he gets to play. Sends the wrong message to the rest of the players.
-
I can't believe that right before the playoffs, when the Patriots need him the most, Josh Gordon would do something to jeopardize his ability to be on the field. I mean, that sounds like something someone who is completely unreliable would do. That can't be true.
-
But but but boo hoo we gave him up for nothing. He's going to be a star.
In all seriousness best of luck to Josh but this was tonight.
Edit PoG you need to see this. He failed a drug test. This mental health thing is true but his mental health problem is addiction
My friends cousin just saw josh gordon drinking in a bar at ATL airport
But but but boo hoo we gave him up for nothing. He's going to be a star.
In all seriousness best of luck to Josh but this was tonight.
Edit PoG you need to see this. He failed a drug test. This mental health thing is true but his mental health problem is addiction
My friends cousin just saw josh gordon drinking in a bar at ATL airport
EDIT: Just wow, just wow. What do they say about a picture being worth a thousand words? Can we read Josh's mind? "Well I shouldn't do this, if I get caught, my career is probably over, but screw it, I DON'T CARE" that was a very expensive beer Mr. Gordon. Nah they'll never test you at the wrong time Josh. If Gronk was around, he should have busted that beer bottle over Gordon's head to save him from another suspension. Of course Po's going to say it was just mango juice.
I can't believe that right before the playoffs, when the Patriots need him the most, Josh Gordon would do something to jeopardize his ability to be on the field. I mean, that sounds like something someone who is completely unreliable would do. That can't be true.
Well, how many times did he do something similar with the Browns? Thanks for the 5th round pick Bill. He's your problem now.
-
well, he got more money to buy more booze/dope whatever. So much for wanting to grow up and take care of his daughter, and be the player he aspired...
nah.
Next subject. He's just GONE.
-
What a waste of talent. If he had his head in the game he could be one of the great receivers in the NFL. Too bad for the Patriots but glad he is gone from Cleveland.
-
well, he got more money to buy more booze/dope whatever. So much for wanting to grow up and take care of his daughter, and be the player he aspired...
nah.
Next subject. He's just GONE.
well, he got more money to buy more booze/dope whatever. So much for wanting to grow up and take care of his daughter, and be the player he aspired...
nah.
Next subject. He's just GONE.
I get the frustration with the guy and the personal responsibility falls squarely on him. That said what he needs is not about growing up. You do not keep mental illness or addiction in check by growing up. if only it were that easy. As a human being I hope he finds his bottom without harm to him or others and makes it out .
-
I have 0 animosity towards him... He did it to himself... He obviously does not care.. Why should we.. We and the League have given him numerous opportunities to right his own ship...that ship apparently has sunk for good.. Now we can move on.. And just worry about the players who are making the team great again...
Yeah it's sad that he can't control his demons. The scenario is NFL came up to him and in one hand had a check for $10+ million dollars, and in the other a blunt and a bottle of booze. Which one do you want more Josh? Apparently the second option.
Gordon is doing the right thing. There is nothing to say that he's failed another test. He's suspended because he's taking a break and that violates his reinstatement. He could be reinstated in the offseason if things go well from here on out. The Patriots are okay with it and taking the time to get himself together before another relapse is a good sign of progress. These things take time and he's done an excellent job this season to remain on the field and producing well after the move.
I would add that moving to a new town and being away from his children whom he just got back in his life must be taking a toll on the young man.
Seriously does this mean that the Patriots own his rights next season or will he be a FA when he's reinstated?
Um, not exactly, but there's only one way to take this....
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported that Gordon is facing another indefinite suspension for violating terms of his reinstatement under the substance abuse policy, according to a source informed his status.
The league later confirmed the suspension:
"Effective today, Josh Gordon has been returned to the Reserve/Commissioner Suspended list indefinitely for violating the terms of his conditional reinstatement under the Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse."
Sorry Po, pull your head out of the sand. He flunked another drug test. The league can't come right out and say it because of privacy issues, but it will come out in the wash soon enough. Going to seek further treatment is admirable, but for all intents and purposes, he's done in the NFL. And if you were listening to Good Morning Football, they flat out said Gordon isn't the same player he was in his Pro Bowl season. He's still pretty good, but he's not a top 10 talent anymore. Maybe you should start a poll to see how long the guys here think he's gone for this time. Make sure "forever" is one of the options.
Yeah it's sad that he can't control his demons. The scenario is NFL came up to him and in one hand had a check for $10+ million dollars, and in the other a blunt and a bottle of booze. Which one do you want more Josh? Apparently the second option.
Um, not exactly, but there's only one way to take this....
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported that Gordon is facing another indefinite suspension for violating terms of his reinstatement under the substance abuse policy, according to a source informed his status.
The league later confirmed the suspension:
"Effective today, Josh Gordon has been returned to the Reserve/Commissioner Suspended list indefinitely for violating the terms of his conditional reinstatement under the Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse."
Sorry Po, pull your head out of the sand. He flunked another drug test. The league can't come right out and say it because of privacy issues, but it will come out in the wash soon enough. Going to seek further treatment is admirable, but for all intents and purposes, he's done in the NFL. And if you were listening to Good Morning Football, they flat out said Gordon isn't the same player he was in his Pro Bowl season. He's still pretty good, but he's not a top 10 talent anymore. Maybe you should start a poll to see how long the guys here think he's gone for this time. Make sure "forever" is one of the options.
After the next collective-bargaining agreement they won’t even test for dope.
-
Yeah it's sad that he can't control his demons. The scenario is NFL came up to him and in one hand had a check for $10+ million dollars, and in the other a blunt and a bottle of booze. Which one do you want more Josh? Apparently the second option.
Um, not exactly, but there's only one way to take this....
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported that Gordon is facing another indefinite suspension for violating terms of his reinstatement under the substance abuse policy, according to a source informed his status.
The league later confirmed the suspension:
"Effective today, Josh Gordon has been returned to the Reserve/Commissioner Suspended list indefinitely for violating the terms of his conditional reinstatement under the Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse."
Sorry Po, pull your head out of the sand. He flunked another drug test. The league can't come right out and say it because of privacy issues, but it will come out in the wash soon enough. Going to seek further treatment is admirable, but for all intents and purposes, he's done in the NFL. And if you were listening to Good Morning Football, they flat out said Gordon isn't the same player he was in his Pro Bowl season. He's still pretty good, but he's not a top 10 talent anymore. Maybe you should start a poll to see how long the guys here think he's gone for this time. Make sure "forever" is one of the options.
After the next collective-bargaining agreement they won’t even test for dope.
After the next collective-bargaining agreement they won’t even test for dope.
If I were the league I would leave it to the individual teams to decide if they tolerate drinking and toking.
-
I can't believe that right before the playoffs, when the Patriots need him the most, Josh Gordon would do something to jeopardize his ability to be on the field. I mean, that sounds like something someone who is completely unreliable would do. That can't be true.
I can't believe that right before the playoffs, when the Patriots need him the most, Josh Gordon would do something to jeopardize his ability to be on the field. I mean, that sounds like something someone who is completely unreliable would do. That can't be true.
A professional anything or anyone doctor, lawyer, pilot, policeman, teacher even athlete whatever knows the rules when you can and can not turn it on and off and what the consequences are of violating the rules. And the higher profile person the more attention the situation gets.
When you have some kind of an addiction problem and you let down those that depend on you or even your team especially with chance after chance it is time to go.
Time to move on.
-
But but but boo hoo we gave him up for nothing. He's going to be a star.
In all seriousness best of luck to Josh but this was tonight.
Edit PoG you need to see this. He failed a drug test. This mental health thing is true but his mental health problem is addiction
My friends cousin just saw josh gordon drinking in a bar at ATL airport
EDIT: Just wow, just wow. What do they say about a picture being worth a thousand words? Can we read Josh's mind? "Well I shouldn't do this, if I get caught, my career is probably over, but screw it, I DON'T CARE" that was a very expensive beer Mr. Gordon. Nah they'll never test you at the wrong time Josh. If Gronk was around, he should have busted that beer bottle over Gordon's head to save him from another suspension. Of course Po's going to say it was just mango juice.
I can't believe that right before the playoffs, when the Patriots need him the most, Josh Gordon would do something to jeopardize his ability to be on the field. I mean, that sounds like something someone who is completely unreliable would do. That can't be true.
Well, how many times did he do something similar with the Browns? Thanks for the 5th round pick Bill. He's your problem now.
EDIT: Just wow, just wow. What do they say about a picture being worth a thousand words? Can we read Josh's mind? "Well I shouldn't do this, if I get caught, my career is probably over, but screw it, I DON'T CARE" that was a very expensive beer Mr. Gordon. Nah they'll never test you at the wrong time Josh. If Gronk was around, he should have busted that beer bottle over Gordon's head to save him from another suspension. Of course Po's going to say it was just mango juice.
Well, how many times did he do something similar with the Browns? Thanks for the 5th round pick Bill. He's your problem now.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't think that Josh is forbidden from drinking a legal beverage. I think it has more to do with the illegal or legal, depending on where you live variety... I know most will say that he shouldn't even be drinking then- but he's human and no one is perfect. Good luck Josh. Pull it together and keep moving forward #12.
-
Normally I wouldn't make this a big deal, but I want every single one of you mf'ers who said trading Gordon was a mistake to step up and eat crow. I still don't wish evil on this kid, but it's obvious he didn't and never cared about being a football player. Top that with the fact we essentially matched his production with a rookie and where are you whiners at now? Yet another feather in the Cap for the Dorsey regime.
Normally I wouldn't make this a big deal, but I want every single one of you mf'ers who said trading Gordon was a mistake to step up and eat crow. I still don't wish evil on this kid, but it's obvious he didn't and never cared about being a football player. Top that with the fact we essentially matched his production with a rookie and where are you whiners at now? Yet another feather in the Cap for the Dorsey regime.
DUDE, Can i have a little more dog shit sprinkles on my Crow? I was one who believed qe made q mistake.
HOWEVER....don't get mad if I tell.you this is enjoyable crow. My point is......YET ANOTHER INSTANCE.....THE BROWNS FO GOT IT RIGHT.
Draft, FA, Gordon, firing Hue, shit man, FINALLY, this team has management that doesn't need to listen to dickheads (like me).
I need something to wash these feathers down with.
-
Normally I wouldn't make this a big deal, but I want every single one of you mf'ers who said trading Gordon was a mistake to step up and eat crow. I still don't wish evil on this kid, but it's obvious he didn't and never cared about being a football player. Top that with the fact we essentially matched his production with a rookie and where are you whiners at now? Yet another feather in the Cap for the Dorsey regime.
DUDE, Can i have a little more dog shit sprinkles on my Crow? I was one who believed qe made q mistake.
HOWEVER....don't get mad if I tell.you this is enjoyable crow. My point is......YET ANOTHER INSTANCE.....THE BROWNS FO GOT IT RIGHT.
Draft, FA, Gordon, firing Hue, shit man, FINALLY, this team has management that doesn't need to listen to dickheads (like me).
I need something to wash these feathers down with.
DUDE, Can i have a little more dog shit sprinkles on my Crow? I was one who believed qe made q mistake.
HOWEVER....don't get mad if I tell.you this is enjoyable crow. My point is......YET ANOTHER INSTANCE.....THE BROWNS FO GOT IT RIGHT.
Draft, FA, Gordon, firing Hue, shit man, FINALLY, this team has management that doesn't need to listen to dickheads (like me).
I need something to wash these feathers down with.
lol
Glad to see you own up.
In reality though, as much as I would like to pile on Josh, this could be a very depressing time in his life. It's possible that this could cause him to spiral. I hope someone is watching him. He should probably check himself in somewhere for a while. - Or...maybe....he just doesn't give a $hit.
-----------------
My son, a Patriots fan texted me during the day after HE found out. He was pissed about the time Josh was on the Patriots, taking up a roster spot, where someone else could've been there getting in sync with Brady and the team.
He apparently has NO CLUE about what WE went through.
-
DUDE, Can i have a little more dog shit sprinkles on my Crow? I was one who believed qe made q mistake.
HOWEVER....don't get mad if I tell.you this is enjoyable crow. My point is......YET ANOTHER INSTANCE.....THE BROWNS FO GOT IT RIGHT.
Draft, FA, Gordon, firing Hue, shit man, FINALLY, this team has management that doesn't need to listen to dickheads (like me).
I need something to wash these feathers down with.
lol
Glad to see you own up.
In reality though, as much as I would like to pile on Josh, this could be a very depressing time in his life. It's possible that this could cause him to spiral. I hope someone is watching him. He should probably check himself in somewhere for a while. - Or...maybe....he just doesn't give a $hit.
-----------------
My son, a Patriots fan texted me during the day after HE found out. He was pissed about the time Josh was on the Patriots, taking up a roster spot, where someone else could've been there getting in sync with Brady and the team.
He apparently has NO CLUE about what WE went through.
lol
Glad to see you own up.
In reality though, as much as I would like to pile on Josh, this could be a very depressing time in his life. It's possible that this could cause him to spiral. I hope someone is watching him. He should probably check himself in somewhere for a while. - Or...maybe....he just doesn't give a $hit.
At this point. He OBVIOUSLY doesn’t give a crap
-
DUDE, Can i have a little more dog shit sprinkles on my Crow? I was one who believed qe made q mistake.
HOWEVER....don't get mad if I tell.you this is enjoyable crow. My point is......YET ANOTHER INSTANCE.....THE BROWNS FO GOT IT RIGHT.
Draft, FA, Gordon, firing Hue, shit man, FINALLY, this team has management that doesn't need to listen to dickheads (like me).
I need something to wash these feathers down with.
lol
Glad to see you own up.
In reality though, as much as I would like to pile on Josh, this could be a very depressing time in his life. It's possible that this could cause him to spiral. I hope someone is watching him. He should probably check himself in somewhere for a while. - Or...maybe....he just doesn't give a $hit.
-----------------
My son, a Patriots fan texted me during the day after HE found out. He was pissed about the time Josh was on the Patriots, taking up a roster spot, where someone else could've been there getting in sync with Brady and the team.
He apparently has NO CLUE about what WE went through.
lol
Glad to see you own up.
In reality though, as much as I would like to pile on Josh, this could be a very depressing time in his life. It's possible that this could cause him to spiral. I hope someone is watching him. He should probably check himself in somewhere for a while. - Or...maybe....he just doesn't give a $hit.
-----------------
My son, a Patriots fan texted me during the day after HE found out. He was pissed about the time Josh was on the Patriots, taking up a roster spot, where someone else could've been there getting in sync with Brady and the team.
He apparently has NO CLUE about what WE went through.
I don t wish Gordon bad. He is a good guy. He isn't hurting people or beating women. He just has an addictive make up. Nonetheless, Dorsey made the right call.
-
So uhhh... Who’s back in the NFL first... Hunt or Gordon?
-
lol
Glad to see you own up.
In reality though, as much as I would like to pile on Josh, this could be a very depressing time in his life. It's possible that this could cause him to spiral. I hope someone is watching him. He should probably check himself in somewhere for a while. - Or...maybe....he just doesn't give a $hit.
-----------------
My son, a Patriots fan texted me during the day after HE found out. He was pissed about the time Josh was on the Patriots, taking up a roster spot, where someone else could've been there getting in sync with Brady and the team.
He apparently has NO CLUE about what WE went through.
I don t wish Gordon bad. He is a good guy. He isn't hurting people or beating women. He just has an addictive make up. Nonetheless, Dorsey made the right call.
I don t wish Gordon bad. He is a good guy. He isn't hurting people or beating women. He just has an addictive make up.
I hear ya. But he's not too good with child support. Being a paid NFL player for a bunch of years would've put his kids through college. He's not a very responsible guy...and that's a big part of being a 'good guy'.
-
I was upset over the trade. I was thinking after all of what we put up with him and what he put us thru, WHY NOW get rid of him? But turned out to be the right move, I had him on my fantasy team until last week, I didn't start any Pat against Pisspuke but any way I don't wish him the best or wish him any harm. Gone and already forgotten about Josh what's his name.
-
So uhhh... Who’s back in the NFL first... Hunt or Gordon?
So uhhh... Who’s back in the NFL first... Hunt or Gordon?
With rehabilitation and counseling , I say Hunt... But , it's all up to him.. I just want to ask.. Being as Joe Haden is a big pot smoker.. How come he hasnt been busted...?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login